Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tile palette - Tiles not showing up [2018.1.0f2]

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by febucci, May 5, 2018.

1. orangedu02

orangedu02

This worked for me, thank you very much.

jmellott and MrAkroMenToS like this.
  2. Dude_Loe

Dude_Loe

MAN YOU SAVED MY LIFE! THANKS!

3. sarah22

sarah22

still not working in 2019.3.0b8. so I guess unity is focusing more on increasing their subscription price than fixing this bug. amazing.

the workaround with the material works though

4. NullableMug

NullableMug

I just deleted my palette and all the tiles. Then I created a new palette and dragged my sprite sheets and my rule tile, and they appeared again. Using 2018.4.19f1.

5. trod146

trod146

I found the problem. It is similar to the workaround that was posted. Check the Palette you created. The Prefab that is made when you create a new Palette. See if "Tilemap Renderer" is in the list of Components in the inspector. It wasn't for me and I had this issue. I added a Renderer to the Prefab and it instantly showed my tiles inside the Tile Palette window.

Tri-Wing and NullableMug like this.
  6. Phelizer

Phelizer

Well, I've met this problem too, and I haven't googled any proper solution (though there are a lot of posts about this issue). For me it shows up when I choose Cell Size to automatic (in create palette window, not in sprite editor). Hope it would be useful to someone

Attached Files:

7. David20002000

David20002000

8. OriolSC

OriolSC

Bug still happening in 2020.1.4f1.
    Imported tiles in tilepalette, they become invisible in it but can still be placed and be visible in scene.
    However, in my case, this completely destroyed the tilepalette making it lose all references except the last ones.
    Adding more tiles after this happens, breaks even more the tilepalette making all imported tiles afterwards to become a random reddish color.
    Had to redo everything.

Attached Files:

wlwl2 likes this.
  9. logges123

logges123

I regret to inform you that as of 2020.3.31f1 tile palette is still bugged. My tiles are scaled for 16x16 properly had them painting no problem. I compiled all my tiles which took hours of waiting for it to import everything, saved and closed unity. Woke up this morning and can select tiles but they will not display or paint no matter what tool I select... maybe it's time to move onto another engine this is getting tiring.