Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Tile palette is blank since upgrading from 2019.2 to 2019.3.0b4

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by zapposh, Sep 26, 2019.

1. zapposh

zapposh

It seems this one keeps returning with every new Unity release.
    The title says it all.

The weird thing is it does not hit all tile palettes. Some still show up, others don't.

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Could you file a bug with the Unity Bug Reporter with your project and post the case number here? Thanks!

3. zapposh

zapposh

Case 1187295

Thanks

Peter77 likes this.
  4. zapposh

zapposh

Any progress on this or an ETA for a production ready tile palette?

5. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

This should be fixed in the next version of the Universal RP package. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA for the release of that package.

zapposh likes this.
  6. TopHatCalavera

TopHatCalavera

I also have this exact issue. So far only the palettes that have custom tile assets (based off TileBase) do not show any tiles. I don't know if that is just coincidence.

7. sean244

sean244

I also have this issue with 2019.3.0b6.

8. zapposh

zapposh

After uninstalling URP and unlinking the render profile, the tile-palettes now are pink (see screenshot).
    We cannot rebuild all these palettes -> most of the game levels have been made with them.

I hope when the fix comes that the existing palettes will be visible without any further intervention.

Attached Files:

9. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

I believe that the material of your TilemapRenderer in your Tile Palette prefab refers to the Sprites-Lit-Default material from URP, which when URP is removed, becomes an invalid material, leading to the pink result when view.

I'll forward this to my 2D URP team members to see what can be done about this.

10. zapposh

zapposh

Well, in the Tilemap Renderer in the inspector all materials use the Unity "Sprites-Default" material (in fact I find it very counterproductive that Sprites-Lit-Default is added to every new Sprite by default even when all lights and shadows are turned off and there are no lights in the scene). The scene also renders fine in camera view, when URP is removed and the profile detached in the settings.

Here's another screenshot.
    But you're perhaps referring to what is going on behind the scene between URP and the Tilepalette.

Attached Files:

11. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

For the image you attached, I believe that refers to the TilemapRenderer of the GameObject GroundCollidable in your scene?

Could you check the TilemapRenderer of the Tile Palette asset (It is called Jungle in your previous screenshot, the latest one has it cropped out)? You can access it by:
    • Right-click on the Palette toolbar of the Tile Palette
    • Select "Select Palette Prefab"
    • Select "Open Prefab" in the Inspector
    • Select the GameObject with the Tilemap component in the Hierarchy (It should be called Layer)
    • Check the material of TilemapRenderer component

zapposh likes this.
  12. zapposh

zapposh

This is it! You're a savior!

Not only is it why some tile palettes were pink, but also why some of them don't show up when using URP in 2019.3.b7.
    I reinstalled the URP package, edited all the materials of the tile palettes that were not showing up, and it works!

Many thanks!

13. NoXeros

NoXeros

Well i have the problem that my 'Tile palette' isn't even showing up in the 'Window' collum... can anyone help me solve this problem? I am curently using Unity 2019.2.10f1
    Thanks you for help. Have a nice day <3