Search Unity

Tikiwiki for Unity?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by xacto, Aug 5, 2005.

1. xacto

xacto

2. freyr

freyr

Yes, pretty much. We generate the manual and component reference from the Wiki contents.

The script reference comes from elsewhere, so it's not available in the Wiki.

Also, some of the images are not available to anonymous viewers of the Wiki.

Having said that, we are currently working on updating the documentation in http://otee.dk/Documentation/welcome.html
    We recommend using that URL instead, as it contains a copy of the Script Reference and contains all images.

3. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Would just like to elaborate Freyr's comments:

Manual and components all come from the tikiwiki. I've just turned on user comments, so I would actually like it to get a bit more time in the limelight ;-)

Keli, what images don't work in anonymous mode? I'm using PDF images, so it only really works in Safari. You haven't been browsing with another browser, have you?

4. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

5. freyr

freyr

Images that are saved as page attachments. Images that have been uploaded through FTP work fine though.
    (And don't worry... I've fixed the doc extraction script, so it can download attached images...)

Take a look at Scripting and then log out of the wiki.

6. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Ahh - I never use the upload attachment thingy. Didn't use to work at all - but I fixed that. Now I guess it works, I just forgot so I continue to upload my images through FTP...

Fixed now, though...

Nice chapter, one of yours?

A few notes:
    * When screenshotting, please turn of the RGB blending for fonts - they don't look so hot once they get rescaled by the build-doc-script.

Don't worry about it - just keep it in mind ;-)

7. freyr

freyr

Just posting that David and I just finished polishing off the on-line documentation and put it up on http://otee.dk/documentation.html.

Apart from also containing the Script Reference in addition to the contents of the wiki, all images have been converted to jpeg images for faster download.

The Script Reference has had an overhaul. There are much more examples than in the old documentation, and we even added a thorough overview page.

8. cdesmond

cdesmond

9. Richard_B

Richard_B

Coming along very nicely!

Richard.