Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Thumbnail Maker. Creating thumbnails fast and easy

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by yngmab, Apr 24, 2020.

1. yngmab

yngmab

Hello everyone! I created a tool for the editor that helps in the thumbnail creation process after geting frustrated with a job which required me to create thumbnails for a game UI.
    The job required 1,500 asset thumbnails that were gonna be used as tools, items, crafting materials, food, UI, etc.
    Not every asset was gonna be used but some of the assets required 2-4 different style of thumbnail.

I could not find at the moment a good tool to help me out with the task so I created Thumbnail Maker. After realising how much time I saved on an extremely long and tedious task I decided to improve it a little more and publish it... So here it is. Hopefully someone finds it as useful as I do

2. yasmeen_unity

yasmeen_unity

First of all great tool it has saved me so much time! I did have a question, is there a way to make the tool work in an HDRP project?

3. yngmab

yngmab

That is something currently on my To Do list but havent had the time to do so. also there is some bug on the latest unity version that is preventing me from updating the project. Ill give it a go in the coming days

4. abhiqweebi

abhiqweebi

Was just trying this out, For some reason, it's not saving any images on disk. I have tried with both custom folders and with default settings. Make thumbnail is turned ON.

Using Unity 2020.3.11f1 URP.

@yngmab

cjackcandy likes this.
  5. henrysm987

henrysm987

New to using this project, was quite working out recently to try new features of different thumbnail makers. I hope this would let me easily create thumbnails for my project on YouTube.

6. Khawariqbal1991

Khawariqbal1991

This is a great video you have share even a long time ago but it is still very helpful. I am using this thumbnails downloader and creation tool which is very easy to use. I have a simple question, is there a way to make the tool work more easy?