Search Unity

Three headed dragon lizard feed back request.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Chrisasan, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

2. Neviah

Neviah

It's cute. The heads take me out of the viewing impression as the leopard dots stop just shy of them. Other than that, I like it. Great job.

3. kdgalla

kdgalla

Looks nice. I especially like the way the heads are shaped.

I'm not a pro modeler or anything, but just some ideas:

I'd say It looks more like a salamander (rather than a lizard) because of the smooth, shiny skin. It would look more like a lizard if it had more rough, scaly skin and wrinkles. You might want to start experimenting with creating normal maps to get these small details. A simple material is fine if you are going for a cartoony look, but with the amount of detail in your model, it looks like the material should have a little more detail too. Also it would look much more reptilian if it had sharp claws on it's toes and maybe spines on it's head crests.

Often times beginner models have a certain blobby look. It's generally the result of using the subsurface modifier to smooth-out a low-poly model. The result is that the model has no sharp edges, creases, points and such. This technique is workable and I've done the same thing before- but there are features in Blender, like marking creases, that will give you more control over the shape of your model. I try to avoid the blobby look whenever possible.

4. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

thanks for commenting on it. I know it can be improved by putting the dots on the head, and also having more detail level with things like scales and wrinkles. I might revise the model but not right now. I want to work on a new design. I think I will carry these tips over into a new model.

Neviah likes this.