Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Threading not possible with WEBGL (OMG)

Discussion in 'Web' started by ercindedeoglu, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ercindedeoglu

ercindedeoglu

Hi folks,
    Before I brought up this topic, I had a little shock.
    It shocked me that Unity developers didn't use Threading. If you were using threading, this place should be shaking.

This morning, I bought a build for WebGL, the application I am developing for Mobile. And I realized that Threading does not work in WebGL.

But what I don't understand is how can a software developer develop their applications without using Multi-Threading? In my opinion, you probably don't know what multi-threading is and what its benefits are.

Issue openned years ago: (no solution yet)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/can...settings-webgl-threadssupport-is-true.952772/

2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Instead of insulting Unity Devs, maybe you should read about the tech stack and its limitations and how the tools in the tool chain create a lot of dependencies for MT to work properly.

Or you know, just not use WebGL before you actually know how it works and how it's compiled by Unity like any good developer should do whenever he uses a new tech.

Meltdown and De-Panther like this.
  3. roka

roka

What i do not understand is how people like you come on this forum for talking like this without searching any informations first ...........

There you go lazy man and do your research before talking ....... ==>

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/web...111.967065409.1618240815-536177894.1610424535

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2018/02/meltdown-spectre

Funny guy you are , write your own engine, genius .....

Meltdown, De-Panther and KamilCSPS like this.
  4. ercindedeoglu

ercindedeoglu

What a toxic person you are. I bet I will triple you in years of experience. Of course I researched. However, I understood from the links you posted that you are incredibly far from the subject. Please learn before answer. Whats "Multi-Threading" and "Async Programming".

There is a saying around. "Speak if you know. If you don't know, shut up and don't let your stupidity come out."

5. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

If you actually researched instead of being shocked, you'd find out webassembly thread support only very recently got enabled on Chrome and Firefox, but is still missing from Safari and Edge.

KamilCSPS likes this.
  6. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Beside the obvious projection...

May I ask what you were hoping to accomplish? Have you ever known anyone reacting positively to insults?

What were your expectations from Unity devs? "Oh my god, you are right! We are so stupid and incompetent, thank you for pointing it out!"

There's another saying; "If you want to be heard, you have to be respected. If you want to be respected, you have to earn it."