Search Unity

Thread group count is above the maximum allowed limit. Maximum allowed thread group count is 65535

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by DeathRace26, Feb 14, 2020.

1. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I'm trying to port my game to HDRP. It is something like Motorm4x, and im trying to reach real HQ rendering. Hdrp's advantage is that metallic, occlusion and other important detail maps are baked in separate RGB channels which is big advantage for me as a developer. Sadly, i have error spam in console, saying stuff as stated in title. I tried several things and it turns i have to disable every gameobject to make these stupid errors dissapear. Could someone clarify what this error tries to tell me? It doesnt even make sense to me. If any unity dev is reading this, please help. Im struggling with this longer than a month.

2. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you give HDRP version, Unity version and your graphic card?
    Guess you are on 19.2 with 6.x version and an integrated intel GPU?

This should be fix in 7.2.0 with 19.3

3. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I use HDRP 7.2.1, because was too afraid to use 7.1.8. I was getting constant mem leaks from procedural sky and with huge scene with tons of assets it really becomes a huge paint in the a*s.

I use unity 2019.3f (i think first LTS canditate?)

i have really old i3 CPU 3220. Not integrated, dual core. Nvidia GTX 960 4GB TI from ASUS. RAM mem is 12 gigs

4. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Alirght, so given those new information this isn't something we have met up to now.

With this message: "Thread group count is above the maximum allowed limit. Maximum allowed thread group count is 65535" , it is suppose to related to a shader. Are you able to find which shader throw this message in the log (should be a compute shader) ?

Or maybe there is a shader graph with a large number of stuff into it?

DeathRace26 likes this.
  5. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I have pretty big shader graph for vehicle skin. Something around 7-8 textures per car (normals included)
    Some shaders are also missing. If this problem is related to vertex count limit i can ensure you that is impossible in this case. I dont use any vertex displacement with geometry generation on car bodies.

6. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

Important thing to report! After further investigation, i found out this is caused by render textures in my scene

7. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I still cannot fix the issue. When i enable Gameobject holding render texture, i get brutal memory leak. From 6 gigs of ram to 10 gigs according to task manager (using win 7)

8. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry but I can't see how this is related to render texture. This is an error that is output during shader compilation (and it should be on pixel shader or compute shader). But hard to know more with information available.

9. o2co2

o2co2

I did the same, hoping to get it resolved, and that's it after I reinstalled the system.

Unity 2019.3.4 does not have a 65535 error, unity 2019.3.7 will have a 65535 error.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020 at 9:40 AM
unityunity