Search Unity

Games Those Who Remain (feedback please)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by BigB, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BigB

BigB

Hey guys,

We will be launching a gameplay trailer for our game, but would love that our webpage /steam page is top notch. I was hoping for some feedback on both of them :

www.ThoseWhoRemain.com
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/715380/Those_Who_Remain/

Do you enjoy the webpage ?
    English speakers, is the language ok ?
    Do you enjoy the steam capsule ? (Would you click on it if you have not heard of the game before ?)
    Are the screenshots too dark on your screen ?
    Anything is not clear of feels cheap ?
    Do you understand what kind of game it is ?
    Anything else you would like to say ? Anything :)

Thanks a bunch :)

2. Shack_Man

Shack_Man

I'm not a gamer/successful developer, so take it with a big grain of salt, but I didn't really like the trailer. After one and a half minutes I've only learned what the game setting is (=post-apocalyptic with monsters). I think it is too repetitive.
    The only clue I have about the game play is the point of view, but it could be anything from"shoot and blast your way through" to "find and interact with survivors, manage them etc."
    There is a new video on youtube by a very successful developer, at around 25:00 he talks about creating trailers:

3. BigB

BigB

@BambooHutGames Thanks for the comment.
    From your feedback, what made you think the game is in a post apocalyptic setting ?
    Did you see the trailer with sound ?
    Did you check anything on the webpage ?

4. Shack_Man

Shack_Man

Only watched the steam trailer, didn't check the website. Looked post apocalyptic since it's very dark, that hallway was trashed/under water (?) and no people. I did have the sound on but the voice over didn't help too much to clarify what the game is about. I did understand though that it is horror themed.

Dreamaster likes this.
  5. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yes - it serves its purpose. I'd put the steampage link at the very top though.
    All fine from my 10 second inspection.
    I don't know what this is. Yes I'd click to see the game if I'd never have seen it before.
    All look good.
    Nope - all clear.
    Yep
    In my opinion the entire narrated section of the video is boring. After 10 seconds I wanted to see action.
    If I was responsible for editing the video, I'd cut the entire narrated section and place these two topics ("Survive by staying in the light. Escape by travelling between worlds.") in some gruesome font over the last actiony section of the video, and call it good.