Search Unity

Bug "This Unity Package has Package Manager dependencies" - a catastrophe

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Rowlan, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just imported an asset from the store. Usually I don't care about the dependencies, installing them automatically has always been what I wanted to do (Entities, Burst, etc).

However - today it ruined an entire project of mine because it was a Standard pipeline project and it installed the HDRP dependencies.

Please show the dependencies that are about to be installed. They are detected, it should be easy to show the details.

This is not enough:

pmd.png

Thank you!

Kreshi likes this.
  2. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Hi Rowlan,

This is on our radar and we have a user story about it (See UPM dependencies of an Asset Store package and selectively install them) that is part of a broader initiative.

Rowlan likes this.
  3. YanaArtis

YanaArtis

It's February 2022. 2 months passed since your message. And when I am trying to import the following asset in my URP project (I am using Unity 2020.3.27f1)
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/particles/cool-visual-effects-part-1-urp-support-176571
    (there are no dependencies shown for this asset) I see "this unity package has package manager dependencies. Install/Upgrade / Skip" message with no additional information about what will be installed.

When this bug will be fixed? Where can I see UPM dependencies list? I cannot find it nor in Package Manager, nor on Asset Store page.

4. Wesmz_King

Wesmz_King

I have bought "Stylized Element Splash Package vol.3" and get the same error messaged, please advice?

5. tpinkney

tpinkney

Agreed. This is weird. The message should show what is being installed on the machine. Especially for security reasons.