Search Unity

This problem makes me mad

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by EmeraldThunder, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

I move (C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll) to another location and it gives a problem that its metadate is not available.....I delete (Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll) it gives 8 errors .....saying namespace does not exist

I have vuforia pack 6.2.10....i cant download from official developer site of vuforia becuz it keeps errupted in middle of downloading becuz they are not resumable files

helllllp......I love Vuforia

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

What version of Unity are you using? Are you trying to pull 6.2.10 into this version of Unity instead of the integrated version?

EmeraldThunder likes this.
  3. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

unity 2017.3.1p4(64bit)
    unity 2017.3.1p4(64bit)

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

I'm not clear if you are trying to use Vuforia 6.2 in 2017.3.1p4, but if you are this will not work. Vuforia 6.2 is compatible with Unity 5.6. If you want to use Unity 2017.3, please use the integrated Vuforia 7. You can activate this within Unity by opening Player Settings, navigating to XR Settings, and checking the box for "Vuforia Augmented Reality Support."

5. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

But I need UDT which is not available...in vuforia 7.0x

6. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

UDT is available within Vuforia 7.0. You can find a sample of it in our Core Samples.

7. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

okay dear thank you so much...all the best for you

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  8. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

can you gimme the download link for it

9. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

10. EmeraldThunder

EmeraldThunder

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  11. Keith_unity655

Keith_unity655

Hi there,

I am having the same issues. If I delete either versions of the dll file, I get a even more error messages. It implies that I can move the file over deleting it but that doesnt seem to work. It refers to signing the assembly. I a m will to try that but do not know what that means.

Please help. It has been two days with this issue.

12. Vanes_195

Vanes_195

Hi,

Dude, just reinstall Vuforia and/or Unity. I had same issues. It's impossible to escape them.
    You can download old version of editor here:
    https://unity3d.com/ru/get-unity/do...1.1381862450.1530503027-1746353780.1530084606 e.g. Unity 5.6 and then you can take Vuforia 6.2.10 as unitypackage from here:
    https://developer.vuforia.com/downloads/sdk

Another way (and recommended) is that you go to official Unity website and download UnityAssistant:
    https://store.unity.com/ru/download?ref=personal
    and after it's launch there should be checkboxes with assets and libraries where you should select Vuforia Augmented Reality Support. (look attached image!)

Aaaaaaaaaand... idk, maybe after reinstalling Unity you can create/open a project and then go Edit > Project Settings > Player, next look at right column, click "XR Settins" and click blue link Vuforia Augmented Reality. Your browser will start downloading Vuforia AR Support automatically with version you need.

GL2U, Keith_unity655.

Attached Files:

• vuf.jpeg
      vuf.jpeg
      File size:
      69.5 KB
      Views:
  13. a906891

a906891

I have Unity 2018.2.2f1 Personal trying to do some AR stuff but after importing the vuforia support sdk idk what was that but it is showing that error and nothing happening ..........It is saying update vuforia to latest 7.2.24 but after downloading the exe setup of that ....it does not know where to install after i make it install in same unity folder it says Unity.exe not found and closed.......

14. a906891

a906891

I have Unity 2018.2.2f1 Personal trying to do some AR stuff but after importing the vuforia support sdk idk what was that but it is showing that error and nothing happening ..........It is saying update vuforia to latest 7.2.24 but after downloading the exe setup of that ....it does not know where to install after i make it install in same unity folder it says Unity.exe not found and closed.......

15. a906891

a906891

New

16. meedabit

meedabit

Hello,

To upgrade the version of Vuforia embedded in the Unity Editor, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the Unity Editor
    2. Select Window->Vuforia Configuration
      1. If there is an error message about Vuforia not being enabled, please follow the instructions and restart this process
    3. If your version of Unity is eligible for a Vuforia update, you'll see a message and link to download the installer
    4. Download and extract installer executable from downloaded ZIP file
    5. Run the installer executeable
      1. For Windows, select the folder that corresponds to the installed version of the Unity Editor that is eligible for the Vuforia update. Ex: C:\Program Files\Unity_2018.1.4f1
      2. For Mac, select the drive
        1. Note that for Mac, the installer executable will default to /Applications/Unity. This is a limitation of the Unity installer scripts. If you have multiple Unity application directories in this path, rename the target Editor version temporarily to /Applications/Unity to complete the installation
    6. Restart the same version of the Unity Editor in Step #1
    7. Verify the update in the Unity Editor via Window->Vuforia Configuration
    If you have any previously installed Vuforia samples, you'll also want to download the updated versions of those from the Asset Store.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

17. EarMaster

EarMaster

I'm having the same problem with Unity 2017.4.10f1 in a project which isn't using Vuforia at all. Even if I enable Vuforia Support I don't get an update message. I also tried uninstalling Unity and reinstalling it, but the error persists.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  18. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

Hello @meedabit , good that you mention this limitation with the Vuforia upgrade in Mac. Unfortunately, this is a huge issue when using the new Unity Hub system and wanting to upgrade the Vuforia version.

Are there any plans to improve this? Or just stop with this Vuforia embedding in the Unity installation? Wouldn't you think it would be better to go back to the "old" way of keeping all of the Vuforia baggage within the project level only? (I am very dissatisfied with this Vuforia embedding in the Unity installation).

19. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

We agree that this is an issue with the Unity Hub and Mac. We've documented steps to follow that will allow for you to upgrade the integrated Vuforia in a Unity Hub installation here: https://developer.vuforia.com/forum/unity/updating-vuforia-version-when-using-unity-hub

These steps are not ideal, but they will work at the current time.

We are currently developing a better solution for the future that we will hopefully be able to roll out soon. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the above linked work around.

20. tng2903

tng2903

Happen to me today when trying to install 2018.2.14. Had to delete vuforia dll manually to run my normal project.