Search Unity

This one is messing with my head - Player Movement is Breaking in Full Screen Mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by minibeaststudios, May 6, 2019.

1. minibeaststudios

minibeaststudios

So I don't know what has changed with my project, as this has never been an issue before, but basically when I run the standalone build in full screen mode, my movement input is completely broken (i.e. the player is not moving as expected and more often than not my controller input does absolutely nothing at all).

Here's the weird part, this does not happen in the editor, nor if the game runs in a windowed mode - movement runs perfectly fine, as it always has!

These are my Resolution and Presentation settings, which have been working fine for the longest time:

build_player_settings.JPG

Does anyone have any possible ideas as to what could be causing this?

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

First, this is specifically not a support section of the forum.

Second...
    ...you'll need to show us the code.

Also, when you say "movement" what specifically do you mean? Pressing W/A/S/D or a thumbstick to walk around? Using the mouse to look? Both? Something else..?

3. Murgilod

Murgilod

Are you sure there isn't something stealing focus from the fullscreen version?

4. minibeaststudios

minibeaststudios

Ah, my mistake! If it was you that moved it, thank you.

I can't share the code on here, but to clarify this is with regards to using a joypad to control the movement of the player. All input is listened for in Update, and all adjustments to player position & rotation done in FixedUpdate, which is how it's always been and never been an issue.

I just can't understand how it can work fine in the editor/some machines/windowed mode and not my machine/fullscreen mode anymore. This is why I'm thinking it could be to do with build/player settings, or maybe some obscure synchronisation issue that I wouldn't even know existed (full-blown noob exposure right here).

That's an interesting suggestion, I will look into that.

5. minibeaststudios

minibeaststudios

@Murgilod - sadly this was not the cause, nothing is taking focus away from the game.

I am really struggling to get my head around this. It's currently a blocker for our PC launch :(

6. jamiebrowning86

jamiebrowning86

I know this is old but was wondering if you had any luck.

I found this on another site:

Whenever you opt to play in fullscreen, first click somewhere in the scene and then go ahead with your gameplay keys. It worked for me.