Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

This is what I have to work with in latest version...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wheelbarrow, Jul 4, 2014.

1. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

MonoDevelop error4.jpg MonoDevelop error2.jpg Behold the wonder that is Unity 4.5.0f6 Pro in windows 8.1. Every time I fire up Unity now I get all excited to see what sort of rubbish I will have to deal with if I decide to write a script!! Oh lucky me!! Amazingly, it still compiles everything fine and the scripts work, though I have no idea how that happens...unless, of course, there is an error, in which case everything freezes in Unity while it takes several minutes to finally get the error message onto the console. All that bug squashing apparently created some new mutant strains, and under windows 8.1 they are thriving.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Can you post the bug number please.

3. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

I don't have any bug numbers, I get an error every time I open MonoDevelop, (without fail), so I assumed it was a known bug that would be fixed in an update. The only reason I posted these pictures was when I opened it yesterday and I couldn't read the tool bar (the first picture above) - that was a brand new error I hadn't seen yet. The errors been happening since I installed 4.5.0f6.

While we're on the subject, where do I report bugs on these new forums anyway? The old forum had a dedicated bug reporting thread, where I posted twice about Unity freezing up under windows 8.1 when there was a script error (before the release of version 4.5.0f6).

Glad to see the pictures have finally generated a response, thank you for taking an interest. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, but just know that MonoDevelop has failed to open once without an error since the 4.5.0f6 update was installed. Thanks.

Edit: If I am misunderstanding what you mean by bug numbers, please let me know.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You need to use the bug reporter app to report bugs, which gets you a bug report number. (Which has always been the case; posting on the forums typically doesn't get the bug into the system.) You should never assume that anything is a known bug since it's quite possible that most people don't experience it.

--Eric

5. wheelbarrow

wheelbarrow

Ok, I didn't even know there was a bug reporting app - case 617770 is the bug report number for my new bug report.
    FYI, there is no option in the bug reporting window to allow for the selection of MonoDevelop, which is an oversight imo.