Search Unity

This Is No Longer Game Creation.

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by WarlyFarly, Feb 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

So I've Decided To Make A Adventure/RPG Type Game but I may require help with code. I am doing every single bit of art that I can to help with the progress. hope you can help!

2. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

when completed, I will publish the game to itch.io

3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

two weeks ago we had big plans to make the bowling walrus game and then you disappeared and now you want to make a big huge game.

i dunno about this warly. is you the type of person who makes games or just talks about making games.

joshcamas and Antypodish like this.
  4. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

I didn't think about that... but this time I will make the game. We could even finish your walrus game.

5. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

you should try to make a simple game first. It's a lot more work than you think it will be. If you finish a simple game and it looks well made, that will impress people and you'll be proud of it.

If you try to make a big game but end up quitting because its too much work, you'll dislike making games and feel like a turd.

My offer still stands - if you can create the roll-a-ball bowling type game and it has three levels included that you can play on webGL, I'll make some models for it.

Stick with playmaker or bolt and get some help to solve one question at a time and you could have it ready in a few weeks if you stay focused.

Antypodish likes this.
  6. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

7. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

all in total actually, it took a week.

8. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

The lego one is pretty good because you can win or lose. But it only has one level.
    The others aren't very finished. In some you can fall off a ledge and it just keeps falling forever. Some it is not clear how to win.

The kart one is also quite nice except that it only has one track and it only last like 10 seconds.

I was looking to contribute to a complete game that has everything you would expect from a finished game. Win/lose conditions, several levels that increase in difficulty.

It is clear that you can get the basics of a game working but doing the extra bit to make it more like a finalized, real game takes a more time and effort.

Probably adding some more levels to the lego game or the mini kart game would be a good idea. You've already done the technical work of making the game mechanics, now you can focus on the players experience. Work on your level design skills to turn it from a very basic prototype to an actual game.

Everybody can be a "starter," but if you want people to join your team and finish with you, you have to prove that you are a finisher.

9. WarlyFarly

WarlyFarly

well... could you help? I mean you've been on this whole unity thing waaaaay longer than me.

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

The purpose of the Game Design forum is not to talk about any design but to talk about specific parts such as improving the AI or asking for opinion on a game mechanic. That sort of discussion.

It is not a place to stage gatherings or create teams. Use discord or the collaboration forum area for that. If you have a general question about game development, put it in General Discussion.

This thread is locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.