Search Unity

This Blog Might Be Interesting to You :Regarding Unity Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lehar2010, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lehar2010

Lehar2010

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Okay. We've been through this before. You haven't seemed to figure it out yet, though.

You are spamming.

This article is more or less the same as previous ones you've written and shared here, all of which we as a community have pointed out the shortcomings:

There are typographical problems.
    The spelling and grammar are better here, but you occasionally type Unity with a lowercase. This is a pretty huge mistake when the point of the article is talking about that product.

The content is... meh.
    It amounts to "Unity is a good engine." Okay? Is that all you have to say?

Your message isn't clear.
    The first half of the article talks about "the three main advantages of unity." But then the second half lists "the four best features in Unity game development." Are these not the same thing? But only one of the points in each list lines up. It's like the article was written by two different people and combined to make one. It's confusing on top of being not useful.

The Photoshop work makes me cringe.
    The mug looks super fake, and you have a strange shadow in the lower left with part of your apple logo visible for no reason. Taking high quality pictures is so easy these days that you should at least be able to stage a proper photo yourself.

Why would we care about this article?
    This is the big one we've been over before. The people on this forum are already using Unity. We don't need convincing to... keep using it.

Why would anyone care about this article?
    Choosing an engine is a choice most people can make in a few minutes. And it's a choice that can be easily rectified. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a choice! They can learn and use many until they find which one suits them best, since pretty much all game engines are free to try these days.

What are you trying to accomplish with this article?
    It feels like you're trying to get an offer of partnership from Unity Technologies because you promote their product enough. I'm not a member of the team, but I feel pretty confident saying that's not going to happen. So what do you want to achieve with these kind of articles?

Say something worth saying.
    Write some quality content that's actually about game development. How do I generate a procedural tilemap? How do I edit a mesh at runtime? How do I design character models to be customizable? How do I build a system to manage random event triggering? How do I make a planet have spherical gravity? Write about content that teaches something your team knows how to do and that you haven't seen guidance for elsewhere. That is the kind of content people want to read.

Until you've addressed these issues, you're only doing more and more damage to your company's image.

Kiwasi, elmar1028, aer0ace and 2 others like this.
  3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

This is spam. Don't do it again.

Kiwasi and Ryiah like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.