Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

This AR helmet claiming to have 100 degrees field of view. So is that possible?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by insec_nice, Jan 21, 2015.

1. insec_nice

insec_nice

2. Arowx

Arowx

Why not I think one VR rig was aiming for 110 degrees, and I think with peripheral vision we have nearly 180 degrees FOV so they still have some ways to go for full immersion as opposed to wearing goggles immersion.

3. insec_nice

insec_nice

Yeah, still some ways to go for full immersion. But according to their KS page, they claim to have the largest AR field of view though, not VR.

4. welovear

welovear

What kinds of Apps have been made now ?

5. insec_nice

insec_nice

AR and VR

6. insec_nice

insec_nice

7. Arowx

Arowx

I thought AR was just VR with transparency or live stereoscopic camera feeds.

8. LIVENDA

LIVENDA

This looks interesting however it is not streoscopic 3D (cannot do SBS mode with that lens) and more importantly no 6dof independent position and orientation based head tracking. A true AR device must have these features, Hololens from Microsoft looks to be in the right direction.