Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ThirdPersonCharacter Forward movement without pressing any buttons/keys.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Gab Steve, May 6, 2015.

1. Gab Steve

Gab Steve

Hi guys, recently i've been working on an infinite runner and i got it up and working decently. Now im using Unity's Sample/Standard Assets from the assets store and im using the ThirdPersonCharacter as my player. This is all well and good except for the fact that i have to actually press the vertical axis to make the player move forward, backward, etc. So basically what i need is some help if somebody can show me what to add to the script or what to change in the scripts to make my player move when the game starts instead of having to use the vertical axis. And obviously since this is an infinite runner i wouldn't want the player to be able to move backwards so if i can remove that function as well. I really appreciate your help and for your reference the scripts that mainly control the ThirdPersonCharacter have the following names : ThirdPersonCharacter.cs, ThirdPersonUserControl.cs And not sure if its totally necessary but i did notice they mention this script : CrossPlatformInputManager.
    Thanks in advance - Gab.