Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there and thanks for answering back. I created the same thread on your forum. If you don't mind copy pasting your answer in that thread as well to help your users who are only using the Invector Forum.

1&2 I'll explain what I meant in that thread mentioned above. You didn't understand what I meant

3- I'll do that thanks.

4- This solved the issue! Perfect! :)

5- Great! that's all I wanted to hear! :)

2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@rosor You won't be lacking character models :D:D

PROTOFACTOR_Inc likes this.
  3. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

solved the slow IK aiming adjust like a big boy on my own. It was related to the duration of the aiming animation. This animation just need to be an aiming pose that last only 1 frame. Using an actual animation that last longer make the algorithm to compute over that duration

4. ml785

ml785

Is the Invector Controller rigidbody-based? Can you use Invector if you want a Rigidbody-based character?

5. Invector

Invector

Yep!

ml785 likes this.
  6. OldGamer

OldGamer

Help me, please

InvectorJoystick not work on mobile (android)
    It is seem OnDrag not called.

7. JustFly51

JustFly51

Hello, i just imported Shooter kit and then import AI
    Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\CharacterController\vThirdPersonMotor.cs(960,46): error CS1061: 'Animator' does not contain a definition for 'GetNormalizedTime' and no accessible extension method 'GetNormalizedTime' accepting a first argument of type 'Animator' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Please help

8. wood333

wood333

Hi. Ive been using Shooter for a long time. I also use Inventory Cog to equip vWeapons both melee and range. One issue has arisen. When I equip a musket, everything works fine in runtime at first, but if I open the inventory a second time and equip a "skinned mesh", say a shirt or socks, the Fire stops working. Aim works, but no bang. All because we applied a skinned mesh to the vController character. What can I do to get the fire working again. I am stumped.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  9. Empereur7

Empereur7

Excuse me really I tried to watch your DemoScene but I could not understand the system, how to do when my character touches another weapon it changes the animation Idle or Pose combat and also they change the animations of attacks? Thank you for all your answers

10. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hi, in the Simple AI, is possible set a specific single point like a waypoint? Is there already a function to do it?
    I would like than in a certain situation, my AI go towards at a specific location (a dynamic Vector3) that is not in the list of waypoints.

Another thing. What are the PatrolSubPoints? How is it different from normal WayPoints status?

11. wood333

wood333

I use the vGameController. It works fine. Question: How do I relocate the spawn point during run time?

12. Invector

Invector

You can use a simple trigger, when the player enters the trigger it changes the spawnpoint to that trigger position

wood333 likes this.
  13. Invector

Invector

14. wood333

wood333

Thank you. I did get the same answer from the Discord a while back, BUT, there's a catch. My version of shooter does not have that method, so if I recall correctly, I downloaded only the vGameController from a more recent version of Shooter. That worked. And I did use the vSimpleTrigger, too.

15. paulojsam

paulojsam

is the invector controller only third person? or there is any plug in to FPS?

16. ahmedarsalanshahid

ahmedarsalanshahid

Is there any way we can stun or knockdown the character instead of dying? In a game I'm making the player can't be killed but is instead knocked down

17. Invector

Invector

There is a free add-on created by the user sjmtech
    https://invector.proboards.com/thread/41/free-first-person-camera-add

Sure just make sure to uncheck the option "Remove Components After Die", when you add health again the character will stand up

18. Empereur7

Empereur7

how i can display the energy of an enemy on the screen and not on his head, display the energy like that of the Player on the screen??

19. barbamix

barbamix

Please help. I'm using Unity 2020.3.32 with latest 2.6.1b Template.

Only Basic Locomotion. When I hit Play mode the Cursor is not locked !

I have to press ESC and click again on the scene to make it locked. It has become very annoying.

Is this a bug or something because I have tried to add Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked; in Start() method and it doesnt help.

Do options for cursor from Input Manager work properly?

Cursor is not visible but in the background it is active and is able to click in Windows and Unity.
    I'm tired of pressing ESC and click on the scene again to make it locked

EDIT: I have also noticed that first time it works properly, but every every other time when enter play mode it doesnt.

20. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, it's that time of the year again

Here is the 2021 Made with Invector Showcase!

Thank you everyone that continues to support our work over the years and to new users that are creating amazing projects!

21. Waqas123

Waqas123

Hi there the player stop picking collectable items after I import FSM AI with Shooter template. Is it a bug or I am doing something wrong. I am using the latest versions of both packages. Although it works fine if I don't import FSM AI.

22. legoawsomness44

legoawsomness44

Hi, Ive been trying to make a splitscreen game using Invector, but when I duplicate the player and go into playmode both third person camera delete themselves.

23. evilkoolade

evilkoolade

I'm trying to make a platform game with invector and i follow the youtube tutorial for getting started but my character disappears on play

24. matzomat

matzomat

Hey Guys,
    I'm using invector in combination with a procedurally generated level. I have to rebuild the NavMesh during runtime and whenever I do that, all AI characters die! Ideas?
    The important part of the code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NavMeshData built = NavMeshBuilder.BuildNavMeshData(set, p, new Bounds(Vector3.zero, NavBounds), Generator.transform.position, Generator.transform.rotation);
    2.                 NavMesh.AddNavMeshData(built);
    May I add that setting them as immortal doesn't help?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  25. DrMeatball

DrMeatball

Hey Invector, just wanted to drop a line that I updated my recent review to 5 stars. 3rd Person is fantastic, the new Input Manager is just causing me so much grief. Apologies, my frustration is not with you :)

Invector likes this.
  26. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

I have a question not specifically about Invector Controllers but the standalone footstep system. My character will only make dust cloud particles on every couple of steps or if they are in a crouched state. I'm trying to figure out what exactly could be causing this weird behavior. It works on the test prefabs it comes with so it's something to do with my character but i'm not sure what.

Any advice on how to narrow this problem down would be tremendous help!

27. Invector

Invector

Check your FootStep Sphere Trigger you can adjust the height and size to better collide with the terrain.
    You can also use AnimationEvents to trigger instead of OnEnterTrigger which can miss a collision if your animation doesn't reach the surface

28. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

I've done both to different degrees of success. Changing the position and size of the colliders helped a little bit and when doing so I noticed it activating on my jump. It didn't dawn on me until now writing this that it's probably colliding with one of my characters colliders. If so, silly mistake on my end.

I did try the animation events approach but found out it doesn't work too well with blend trees. Animation events continue to be fired off in idle even when not moving. Nothing wrong with your system, just a unity thing. I could always make my idle a separate state from the blend tree if it comes down to it I guess. Just a little bit of extra work setting up my animator spider web of transitions.

Thank you for the response! It got me thinking a bit.

29. Invector

Invector

We did a workaround for the blend tree issue, if you open the script the PlayFootStep method has a verification:

if (evt.animatorClipInfo.weight > 0.5)

0.5 is the value we though worked well for our default blend tree but if you're having issues try adjust this value and testing for your case

Rin-Dev likes this.
  30. Rin-Dev

Rin-Dev

I don't know what I was doing wrong the first time or what I changed between that test and now but PlayFootStep method is working great! Thanks for the helpful responses.

Invector likes this.
  31. Huzafa81

Huzafa81

can you help me i am having trouble on device on multi touch my character moves in the direction of touch

32. Invector

Invector

Sure please send us a email at support@invector.xyz with your invoice number

33. L0GICBit

L0GICBit

How do I use the back and start buttons? They do not map. I want to open inventory on gamepad. Opening inventory with "I" on keyboard and "Start" or "Back" on gamepad is how most games map the keys. Why can't I map the start key on the gamepad? I reimported the Invector Project Settings but no change.

-frustrated

34. Invector

Invector

It's already mapped to open with the Back button if you're using the Xbox Controller

upload_2023-5-19_9-45-51.png

35. daniSoftwareAlliance

daniSoftwareAlliance

can invector support the top down tap character controller