Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. churtis

churtis

will the new inventory have sound effects for when clicking on slots and equipping items?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  2. Invector

Invector

In my tests using the default settings but lowering the GroundMinDistance to 0.1f is pretty smooth, let me know your results.. also, if you want you can send me your project with your scene (just the terrain and the necessary assets to perform the issue) so I can take a look > inv3ctor@gmail.com

Sure, you can easily do that using the Events via inspector ;)

3. StevanJay

StevanJay

Thanks for the reply... :) Reducing the GroundMinDistance has helped a little, and the more I play around the more I find other little ways to make things smoother (both tweaking the camera and controller parameters, and tweaking the terrain itself where it's most problematic) - end result is looking much better already.

I have another question though. I want to try a different camera - in a previous post I saw you said that it should just be plug and play, with no other changes necessary. But as soon as I attach another camera the character no longer rotates. Movement is all fine, movement direction changes, but the model itself is always facing the same way. Any idea what might be going on?

4. Invector

Invector

Check this post:
    https://invector.proboards.com/thread/3231/character-moves-forward-rotate-solved

StevanJay likes this.
  5. StevanJay

StevanJay

6. Invector

Invector

7. Empereur7

Empereur7

hello, excuse me I don't really know what value to increase in the vMelee attack Control script or what parameters to arrange so that my EnemyAI also plays its second animation, in fact I need it to do a complete sequence, my EnemyAi attack with a blow a blow and do not go to the next animation, thank you help me please

8. GWStudio

GWStudio

Hi..
    What about weapons customization system just like escape from tarkov i.e add scope or use larger magazine ...

9. Invector

Invector

Here is a Preview from the next update: Mobile Controls Improved

Also improved is the Component Check if Item is Equipped

We can now filter the ItemType, so for example: if a Melee ItemtType is equipped you can enable a Melee UI Button, if a shooter is equipped, disable the melee and enable a shooter UI button.

JFI66, julianr and sjm-tech like this.
  10. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

Any reason why my inventory is showing two items for every one I pick up?

11. Invector

Invector

The new Mobile update is looking GOOOD you guys! (coming very soon!)

We've managed to secure 60 frames per second on a very low budget and old Android device with 6 AI's in the scene (using the simple AI which is not as optimized as the FSM AI)

- You can swap UI Buttons using the vCheckItemIsEquipped (if a melee weapon is equipped, disable the shot, reload and scope buttons)
    - Improved CameraMovement (better aim and movement in general)
    - Add support to the new Inventory Layout
    - Add support to shot and aim at the same time using the same button
    - Updated all mobile prefabs (collectibles, UI, controllers, aimCanvas, etc...)
    - New demo scenes optimized with baked lightmaps

Malbers, sjm-tech and Hawk0077 like this.
  12. wood333

wood333

How do I determine what version of TPC shooter is in my project?

and

What is the recommended update procedure?

13. rasto61

rasto61

You can check the readme if you havent deleted it. It has the changelog with the version number.
    Or do 'Invector>Welcome Window' (that also shows the version, but not sure if older versions of invector displayed that there)
    And usually best to delete the whole Invector folder and import the new version.

wood333 likes this.
  14. MrZeker

MrZeker

Is there any way to make the camera move with keys? (like displace the camera top, down , left, right, but always looking at the player)

15. Invector

Invector

Check this post to know how to correctly import/update your template:
    https://invector.proboards.com/thread/2896/guideline-import-update-invector-assets

You could create a simple script that access the tpCamera and modify the offsets value via input

16. wood333

wood333

I recently upgraded my project to 2018.4.22, but I now see the Shooter requiring 2018.4.23. Can I use the latest Shooter and AI templates with .22 or must I upgrade my project to .23 ?

EDIT: While awaiting your response, I updated from 2018.4.22 to 2018.4.25, and everything in my project seems to be functioning as expected, which includes an older shooter version, which I will upgrade next week, along with the ai template.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  17. Daahrien

Daahrien

I always use latest unity version in all my projects. Just saying :)

18. wood333

wood333

I have over 50 developer assets (one deprecated) in my project that support various Unity versions, and I must keep them all functioning properly. I do not have the luxury to keep up with the "latest unity version." Moving the project up can be very painful.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  19. wood333

wood333

Unity 2018.4.25 and current version shooter (upon upgrade)

On import I have 48 errors along the lines of

'interpolated strings' cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 4.0 language specification. also
    'null propagating operator' cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 4.0 language specification. and
    'expression bodied members' cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 4.0 language specification.

ADDITIONAL INFO

This is a Unity issue, but I need your help to get around it. I cannot use the 4.0 scripting runtime without getting the unsolved blank errors issue. I must use 3.5 runtime for my project to run. It is not related to installed assets, it's a Unity editor issue that can be researched, but has no proven solution. If I convert my project to 4.0, the TPC script errors go away, but my project will not run due to the blank errors Unity throws.

The scripts that throw errors are:
    vGenericAction.cs 19 errors
    vThirdPersonMotor.cs 1 error
    vRagdoll.cs 2 errors
    vEquipItemToArea.cs 1 error
    vInventoryDisplayformat.cs 2 errors
    vItemManager.cs 21 errors
    vItemWindow.cs 2 errors

Can you recommend a solution other than rolling back to a version of Shooter that does not contain scripts that use C# 6 expressions?

When did TPC scripts begin to use C# 6 expressions?

EDIT: for Win 7 operating system their is a single upgrade patch that addresses this.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  20. Razputin

Razputin

How can I stop input movement during root motion animations?

I've tried setting things like lockmovemet = true in the controller and lockInput = true , but these don't work (probably wrong bools).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  21. MrZeker

MrZeker

Im not the dev, but i know the answer. Check the animator, (use the base animator controller as a reference)
    There is a "V animatorTag" that you have to add to the attacks, when you add that one of the options is LockMovement (you have to add that and write it).
    That should do the trick. There is also LockRotation.

22. matzomat

matzomat

Hey Guys,

maybe you can help me. I just started working with the Third Person Templates (Melee) and I've got the problem that it doesn't work on Android builds at all. I already posted in their forums but never got a reply so I'm posting here too.

Original post: https://invector.proboards.com/thread/3753/error-android-project-2020-2f1

Any ideas appreciated.

23. Razputin

Razputin

Appreciate you trying to help but not sure what you mean by "There is a "V animatorTag" that you have to add to the attacks"

24. matzomat

matzomat

I received an answer in the Invector Forums:

25. rasto61

rasto61

You need to add the vAnimatorTag script with the appropriate tags ('LockMovement') to the animation state in the animator.

26. Razputin

Razputin

Ah I see, I don't have that script. Maybe doesn't come in the lite version.

27. rasto61

rasto61

Aren't you using the melee template?

28. Razputin

Razputin

No just the locomotion template.

I just slapped an attack state on free locomotion and removed strafing.

aaaaa.png

bbbbbbbbb.png

I just need to stop input while IsActing = true; but can't find the bool to stop it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

30. Invector

Invector

The vAnimatorTags feature is not included in the Lite version, but basically you just need to stop the character while these animations are playing, you can use Unity animator tags to do it:
    https://answers.unity.com/questions/961497/mecanim-state-tag.html

We released an update last month so there isn't much but here is the changelog so far:

Shooter 2.5.4 Hotfix Update xx/xx/2020

- Add more events to TriggerGeneric Action
    - Add Secondary Ammo display
    - Add Simple trigger with input
    - Improved Joystick Mouse Input on Inventory (now it works only when using inventory)
    - Improved StepOffset detection
    - Fix Simple trigger other detection
    - Fix Roll and Attack triggering in the same time
    - Fix TriggerGenericAction enter and exit events being called more than once
    - Fix Stack Overflow in the Shooter Equipment

Razputin likes this.
  31. Invector

Invector

f1chris likes this.
  32. Invector

Invector

Join us at the Official Invector Discord Channel

>>> discord.gg/UFRcpPc <<<

* This forum and the vForum will continue online and active since it has about 4 years of content and over 2.000 members registred, but we also would like to offer the discord channel since many users have requested.

Malbers likes this.
  33. Razputin

Razputin

Any idea why the camera is going through some objects?

The wall here is on the default layer, and the camera can only go about -1 units behind the wall, so clearly it's attempting to not go behind the wall, but failing.

Camera Clipping Plane Near is .3, if I reduce it to .1 the problem is less prevalent but still there.

Decreasing the ClipPlaneMargin yields positive results, but only when the camera strikes an object from a specific direction, if it strikes the object from the opposite direction it will yield even worse results than normal.

upload_2020-10-29_11-28-12.png

upload_2020-10-29_11-30-54.png

Attached Files:

34. Malbers

Malbers

Invector Integration has been updated to HAP 4.2.1 Invector 5.2.4

julianr likes this.
  35. wood333

wood333

Can health, stamina, and movement speed be altered at run time? In which script, and what would be safe to change?

Would it be safe to alter these things using unity events to call methods that appear under vThirdPersonController, such as ChangeHealth () or ChangeMaxHealth () , during Run Time, that is?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  36. Invector

Invector

Yes you can use ChangeMaxHealth and ChangeMaxStamina in run time, but for the Movement speed there is no public method, you can create one though.

just an example:
    cc.freeSpeed.runningSpeed = newFreeRunningSpeed;
    cc.strafeSpeed.runningSpeed = newStrafeRunningSpeed;

JBR-games and wood333 like this.
  37. Malbers

Malbers

JBR-games and Invector like this.
  38. wood333

wood333

The friction physics material on the player capsule collider is causing issues with a couple of other assets. This material prevents free passing through other box colliders marked "Is Trigger. It creates a friction, even on properly setup triggers.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  39. khos

khos

Does invector reply to anything for his assets? I emailed a question for the swimming one, no reply.

40. wood333

wood333

Sometimes we must be patient, or you can search for an answer on Invector's own forum.

41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

42. Invector

Invector

We do reply emails pretty much every day (business day), did you send to the correct address? inv3ctor@gmail.com

This is the least active page to get support, we have the official support above, the discord channel, our vForum and this page.

khos likes this.
  43. khos

khos

No worries, I managed to find the discord, and found the answer there :)

Invector likes this.
  44. Empereur7

Empereur7

Hello I am using "Third Person Controller - Melee Combat Template v2.2b", my problem on the "V_AI CONTROLLER" script in the "Events" settings I noticed that there was a "Disable Event On Check" ball but although I activate it, it does not work, to my understanding it has to play the event only once and then deactivate them? but with me it does not work if it is the case, help me to do it, play an event once after deactivating it

invec.png

45. Invector

Invector

Shooter Cover Add-on is coming :D

46. khos

khos

I would love to see some IK usage for your climbing asset! To get the limbs in the 100% correct places :)

47. umersyed

umersyed

In Invector, cant fight with hands if i have a weapon at my back. It gets that weapon out to fight everytime or i have to drop that weapon to fight with hands. any workaround to it?

48. Invector

Invector

Go to your ShooterManager and set the options you want:

49. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Hi there! So multiple questions here:
    • how to have particles emitter for damage emit from body parts upon collision. Right now I use specific colliders on body parts with the layer as body parts. they have the damage receiver and damage particle script but it still the main particle that is triggered (Main Game Object) emitting from the middle of GO
    • how to have a list of particles to be triggered randomly instead of just having one. This can get pretty boring to just have that one damage particle... I know there is a way to trigger a specific particle according to a certain damage type taken but here having a list for the basic standard one would be very much appreciated if possible.(or even a list for each specific damage type)
    • aiming is way too slow for some reason... already went on your forum where you answered a collaborator, the problem still persist even by changing the mentioned variable.
    • problem with crouching, when crouching and aiming the camera goes pretty much on floor level...Not sure how to fix this issue.
    • how can I manage to use non humanoid enemies as Shooter/melee AI. They have a mecanim generic rig. Is there a way to Bypass that humanoid rig limitation / requirement? I own your FSM AI Add-On, would that do the trick?
    Very much looking forward to the release of that amazing looking cover system! any ETA on that?

Thanks for your time.

All the best,

50. Invector

Invector

Questions 1 and 2, I'm not sure I understand your question but it looks like you want to apply damage using several particles, try watching this tutorial:

3- The SlowAiming issue is still a mystery to us, please send more info such as your Unity and Template Version, Vsying on or off, the value of the IK Settings, at inv3ctor@gmail.com

4- That's pretty simple, just increase the Height value of the camera state AimingCrouched

5- Take a look at our Generic FSM AI video tutorial