Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

The new name is "Invector_Shooter_Inventory&HipFire" ;)

DemoScenes.jpg

2. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

Ok, I found the inventoryexamples!

All good, I think I got it from here

3. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

Hi, not sure if this has been asked already, but what's the difference between the shooter and melee packs? It seems the shooter pack also has melee combat?

4. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Invector I have a few questions, hope you don't mind:

1. [EDIT: Figured this one out!] How can I go about setting up jump and swing attacks as seen in this video:

2. How can I set up heavy / charge-up attacks (where you have to hold down input for a period of time)? Current attacks are triggered by pressing the input again and again, instead of a sustain press. This is great example from BoTW:
    You can see three different stages to the charge up attack. This is pretty much what I want to emulate.
    3. How can I set up combos?

Thanks as always for the great work, apologies in advance if these have been asked before.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  5. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Team - Where can I download previous versions of Invector Shooter? I need the version just before 2.5.0.
    Cannot get 2.5.0 to integrate with Malbers HAP which is did before and dont have time to troubleshoot. :)
    thanks!

6. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Hey, I'm using the latest version (2.5.0) with HAP without issues. Malbers recently upgraded the integration package to be compatible with 2.5.0.

You can download the latest HAP integration here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3A6xDqyh3aYcFBjRTBIdWVFU1E

MagiSoftworks and Invector like this.
  7. Invector

Invector

To create charge up attacks you will need to create a new input type and use the GetButtonTimer method, and strong attacks are already included in the melee template, as well as combos, you can check them in the demo scenes and animator controller, basically, you just need to follow the example and create transitions between the attack animation clips, just make sure your A to B transition exit time is lower than the exit time to exit the attacks.

Now to parry an attack, which I believe is the subject you PM me, is a unique and different mechanic and could be a little tricky to set up. You will need advanced Animator and C# skills but I think the vAnimatorTag can be a great tool to achieve this. Basically you will need to know the correct timming in which your target is attacking you, and between this time if you press an input, you will trigger the recoil effect, again, it's not something easy to achieve but it's quite possible with some modifications.

unity_dev3194 likes this.
  8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

JBR-games likes this.
  9. Invector

Invector

I really like this mechanic on games like Dark Souls, Zelda, Ashen, etc... But surprisingly it was never requested before :confused:

10. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Invector Can you do an RPG addon or something to that nature to handle more of the sword and shield, duel wield, spell casting ect.. Opsive has it.... ;) And consider this the request!

11. Invector

Invector

We already have the Melee Combat Template which is more focused on Melee Weapons, it also includes a Inventory solition, chests, traps, etc... so it's pretty RPG!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...person-controller-melee-combat-template-44227

There are also a few RPG add-ons available on our Community created by users, take a look there :)

12. Kael-kael

Kael-kael

@MangeyD Hi! can you tell me how to convert generic Elf Girl to Humanoid?
    Thank you

13. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

It's a very simple fix. See this video, about 30 seconds in- you just change the drop down to humanoid and you're done.

Kael-kael and Invector like this.
  14. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

how can i do when an object falls on the ground its account one, when a second one touches the ground its account two?
    (I specify that I want to create a counter that counts the numbers of GameObjects only by touching the ground, its GameObjects that I want to put a tag) thank you for your response

15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Invector Can we get an example of a inventory demo for 2.5.1 by you guys fully integrating Inventory Pro? It will be another AAA integration you can advertise and show others in a video how to do it!

16. Invector

Invector

That's not really a template related issue but a general issue... you can just use a ObjectManager that uses Instance and OnCollisionEnter to detect the floor, that's one way to do it.

I didn't find Inventory Pro in the asset store, they remove it?
    Anyways we're working on a new Inventory UI layout and some improvements, next update should be exciting ;)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  17. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  18. Invector

Invector

Here is a rough prototype W.I.P. of the new Inventory UI, about 50% done

- new class called MasterWindow which allows more possibilities to create custom windows and popups
    - support to TextMeshPro
    - animated transitions between pages
    - vFadeCanvas to control fade on canvas groups
    - new Icons (not final)
    - character preview in real time, animated even if the game is paused

19. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Invector Now to just rip out Inventory Pros vendor and stats system since its open source

20. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hi, I have this little problem.
    These are non-root motion.
    As seen in the video, the character "trembles" a lot.
    There are several problems with climbing the steps.

Can it be solved?

21. vorokoi

vorokoi

It doesn't really work like that. Just because something is open source doesnt mean it is easy to plug in to existing systems. Especially that particular asset, if you knew how many people hate working with it...

JBR-games likes this.
  22. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Whenever I try use my own character it doesnt work.
    SerializedObjectNotCreatableException: Object at index 0 is null
    UnityEditor.Editor.CreateSerializedObject () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.OnEnable () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)

Does it work with unity2019?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  23. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

It took me a few tries with 2019.2 but I got it working. Just go through the steps slowly, I kept missing steps and it would stop it.
    Hope you get it working!

24. Invector

Invector

Are you using the latest version? we've improved the SteOffset a lot

25. Muhammad_Hanzalah

Muhammad_Hanzalah

Please can you share me Project settings of third person controller - melee combat template.

26. Invector

Invector

You can import by going to the menu Invector > Import ProjectSettings

27. Invector

Invector

Next update will be focused on New Inventory Solutions!
    - New designs
    - New/Improved structured & methods
    - Save/Load Items Example
    - Highly customizable!

Shooter Only Inventory Preview:
    - single page, simplified with minimum information and quick navigation
    - single equipment area with 4 unique slots (alternate between using 1, 2, 3, 4 on keyboard and d-pad on gamepad)
    - 3D weapon preview window

Melee Combat RPG Inventory Preview:
    - navigation through tabs
    - real time character preview with equip animations when equipping a weapon
    - animated transitions between windows
    - 3 equipment areas with 3 slots to alternate using d-pad or arrow keys

Kael-kael and SickaGames1 like this.
  28. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Any updates for the Basic Template?

29. Invector

Invector

Here is the changelog so far:

30. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

When does the crafting addon come out

31. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I have just downloaded the latest Shooter Template and attempting to use it alongside the Realistic Car controller.

I have a few problems.

First the shooter character begins high in the air. Or if not high inn the air he is raised into the air and then lands and dies. This doesnt happen all of the time. And I have to press Y to get it to do either.

The next issue is related to the RCC. When I eventually am able to move the character around the environment he enters the car... then, the car engine is heard, but the car wont move. I will contact Bonecracker Games about this as as I write it hits me that this is possibly a RCC issue.

That said, any advice related to the above would be appreciated.

Finally the character bobs up and down when walking through the environment. Sort of jumps.

Also when he stands still he keeps moving slightly. Actually walking not sliding.

Thanks for any input

32. Invector

Invector

Can you record a small clip showing these issues? also, are you running the latest update?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the response. I managed to fix it but I am not sure how I managed it. I believe thought, that it could have been one of the cameras, although I also copied the settings for the character from another project that worked.

I will try to create a new character later today and see if the same issues occur. If not, then I believe it was a camera at fault.

ADDITION:
    Having said that, the character still jerks a little and walks in the standing position. I will create a short vid anyways.

34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Camtasia doesnt do a good job of making this clear as it looks as though the whole scene is flickering but it isnt. Its just the character flickering/jerking. Heres a quick video.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqCnWIL3cdjfgvEdLrd7SVbK8z_yXQ?e=d8Jz9o

35. Slyer112

Slyer112

Hi guys how are you doing these days :p

I have a small question am trying a new project game it's almost top-down type game and using shooter and melee so am trying to make the character shoot forward without using aim, what I saw in vShooterOnly_WITHInventory&HipFire demo is shooting without aiming but when I make the camera look almost top-down the character always shooting down to the center of the camera facing. how can i make the character shoot where it is facing only > and thank you guys for this hard work.

36. Invector

Invector

U
    Hey there!

Use the TopDownController and ShooterTopDownInput and check the option "AlwaysAimForward" in the input

It looks like there is an error in your console, can you check what's that about?

37. Slyer112

Slyer112

yes that's what i want but am trying t make topdownshotting for mobile it's seems that it's only for mouse ,
    is there is a way to make it for mobile ?

38. Invector

Invector

Hmmm the cursour should work for the mobile as well, we don't have a topdown shooter mobile example but I will take a look to see if it's possible to add one or create an extension, let us finish the new inventory first and then we will look at mobile

39. Slyer112

Slyer112

Thanks for the hard work you guys are awsome.

Invector likes this.
  40. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Invector What would be the best way to turn the player in place and face the closest enemy when pressing the attack button? Sort of like locking on, but doesn't affect the camera in any way. Just turning the player towards the closest enemy when they attack.

41. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Invector Sorry for the double-post, but I was also wondering how to move the player closer to nearest enemy upon attacking? Here is an example for the behavior:

You will observe that not only does Link turn towards the closest enemy, but also takes a step closer every time the attack button is pressed.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Invector likes this.
  42. Invector

Invector

Hmmm you could use the LockOn as a starting point to get the closest targets, but the behavior is different, as we can notice in the video, Link immediately looks to the target without any lerp, and it keeps on FreeLocomotion (apparently), so basically all you need to do is create a method that identifies the closest target and align the transform.forward of your character to this target, and call this method once you attack

The step closer on each attack is because of the animation, it's a good practice to add a step forward on each attack this will make the controller feels more agile while in combat

JBR-games and unity_dev3194 like this.
  43. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Sweet, got it working!

Invector likes this.
  44. len3

len3

Does anyone know how to get Invector's Third-Person Shooter Controller to work with 4 players split screen locally. I do not want to do networking multi-players using PUN. It has to be 4 players on the same PC. Currently I can only see that it is 1 controller can be used at one time or is there something I am missing?

45. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Team! Working on a project and wanted to see if anyone had any idea on this?
    I'm Looking for a point where projectile hits object and how to gather info on that point. There is a piece in the Vprojectile. that has a vOnPassDamage event. If i can get a script/way to grab the object its passing damage too by name and tag, than run a check for if the impact initiated a dead... Make sense ?

46. Invector

Invector

We don't have support for multiple controllers out of the box, but a start would be to turn off the option "Use Instance"
    With that option enable you can instantiate multiple controllers in the scene, now you just need to create a input for each one

If you put a vHealthController to your object, you can apply the damage and receive the information of the damage.sender to know who send the damage

47. deankr832

deankr832

Hey there!

So i want to add animation events to the different animations, but its a read only.
    i looked it up, and i solved the read only issue by duplicating the animation, but i cannot add the animation to the free locomotion animator.
    please help :(

Yes, i am a newbie...

48. Invector

Invector

Select the fbx instead of the animation clip, then add your event there ;)

49. StevanJay

StevanJay

I'm experience something very similar, jittery movement as soon as the player is on terrain that is not completely flat. I'm using the most recent version (melee templaye 2.5.0). Same in both editor and build.

Any other suggestions what I might try to smooth it out?

50. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

If you put a vHealthController to your object, you can apply the damage and receive the information of the damage.sender to know who send the damage[/QUOTE]

Thanks!