Search Unity

Assets Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

As above thanks for this great asset once again.

It's eerily quiet around here!

Can anyone at least tell me a good way to play the standard weapon switch animation manually, then I can implement the system I have in mind using weapons without inventory?

2. Invector

Invector

Just check the zoom option in the TpCamera ;)

The Weapon Switch is via input, check the demo scene ShooterOnlyInventory to see an example using 1,2,3,4 instead of the default arrows, either way, to use a mouse scroll you will need to implement that, by default we use 1 input per slot.

About the forum, Invector users frequently use our official forum:
    http://invector.proboards.com/

unity_dev3194 and dsilverthorn like this.
  3. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

The new name is "Invector_Shooter_Inventory&HipFire" ;)

DemoScenes.jpg

4. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

Ok, I found the inventoryexamples!

All good, I think I got it from here

5. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

Hi, not sure if this has been asked already, but what's the difference between the shooter and melee packs? It seems the shooter pack also has melee combat?

6. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Invector I have a few questions, hope you don't mind:

1. [EDIT: Figured this one out!] How can I go about setting up jump and swing attacks as seen in this video:

2. How can I set up heavy / charge-up attacks (where you have to hold down input for a period of time)? Current attacks are triggered by pressing the input again and again, instead of a sustain press. This is great example from BoTW:
    You can see three different stages to the charge up attack. This is pretty much what I want to emulate.
    3. How can I set up combos?

Thanks as always for the great work, apologies in advance if these have been asked before.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Team - Where can I download previous versions of Invector Shooter? I need the version just before 2.5.0.
    Cannot get 2.5.0 to integrate with Malbers HAP which is did before and dont have time to troubleshoot. :)
    thanks!

8. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Hey, I'm using the latest version (2.5.0) with HAP without issues. Malbers recently upgraded the integration package to be compatible with 2.5.0.

You can download the latest HAP integration here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3A6xDqyh3aYcFBjRTBIdWVFU1E

MagiSoftworks and Invector like this.
  9. Invector

Invector

To create charge up attacks you will need to create a new input type and use the GetButtonTimer method, and strong attacks are already included in the melee template, as well as combos, you can check them in the demo scenes and animator controller, basically, you just need to follow the example and create transitions between the attack animation clips, just make sure your A to B transition exit time is lower than the exit time to exit the attacks.

Now to parry an attack, which I believe is the subject you PM me, is a unique and different mechanic and could be a little tricky to set up. You will need advanced Animator and C# skills but I think the vAnimatorTag can be a great tool to achieve this. Basically you will need to know the correct timming in which your target is attacking you, and between this time if you press an input, you will trigger the recoil effect, again, it's not something easy to achieve but it's quite possible with some modifications.

unity_dev3194 likes this.
  10. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

11. Invector

Invector

I really like this mechanic on games like Dark Souls, Zelda, Ashen, etc... But surprisingly it was never requested before :confused:

12. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@Invector Can you do an RPG addon or something to that nature to handle more of the sword and shield, duel wield, spell casting ect.. Opsive has it.... ;) And consider this the request!

13. Invector

Invector

We already have the Melee Combat Template which is more focused on Melee Weapons, it also includes a Inventory solition, chests, traps, etc... so it's pretty RPG!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...person-controller-melee-combat-template-44227

There are also a few RPG add-ons available on our Community created by users, take a look there :)

14. Kael-kael

Kael-kael

@MangeyD Hi! can you tell me how to convert generic Elf Girl to Humanoid?
    Thank you

15. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

It's a very simple fix. See this video, about 30 seconds in- you just change the drop down to humanoid and you're done.

Kael-kael and Invector like this.
  16. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

how can i do when an object falls on the ground its account one, when a second one touches the ground its account two?
    (I specify that I want to create a counter that counts the numbers of GameObjects only by touching the ground, its GameObjects that I want to put a tag) thank you for your response

17. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@Invector Can we get an example of a inventory demo for 2.5.1 by you guys fully integrating Inventory Pro? It will be another AAA integration you can advertise and show others in a video how to do it!

18. Invector

Invector

That's not really a template related issue but a general issue... you can just use a ObjectManager that uses Instance and OnCollisionEnter to detect the floor, that's one way to do it.

I didn't find Inventory Pro in the asset store, they remove it?
    Anyways we're working on a new Inventory UI layout and some improvements, next update should be exciting ;)

SickaGamer likes this.
  19. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  20. Invector

Invector

Here is a rough prototype W.I.P. of the new Inventory UI, about 50% done

- new class called MasterWindow which allows more possibilities to create custom windows and popups
    - support to TextMeshPro
    - animated transitions between pages
    - vFadeCanvas to control fade on canvas groups
    - new Icons (not final)
    - character preview in real time, animated even if the game is paused

sjm-tech and SickaGamer like this.
  21. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@Invector Now to just rip out Inventory Pros vendor and stats system since its open source

22. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hi, I have this little problem.
    These are non-root motion.
    As seen in the video, the character "trembles" a lot.
    There are several problems with climbing the steps.

Can it be solved?

23. vorokoi

vorokoi

It doesn't really work like that. Just because something is open source doesnt mean it is easy to plug in to existing systems. Especially that particular asset, if you knew how many people hate working with it...

24. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Whenever I try use my own character it doesnt work.
    SerializedObjectNotCreatableException: Object at index 0 is null
    UnityEditor.Editor.CreateSerializedObject () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.Editor.GetSerializedObjectInternal () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.Editor.get_serializedObject () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)
    UnityEditor.GameObjectInspector.OnEnable () (at <6f28216fea9f453abf2e05b770ed3ee4>:0)

Does it work with unity2019?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 12:17 AM
  25. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

It took me a few tries with 2019.2 but I got it working. Just go through the steps slowly, I kept missing steps and it would stop it.
    Hope you get it working!

26. Invector

Invector

Are you using the latest version? we've improved the SteOffset a lot

27. Muhammad_Hanzalah

Muhammad_Hanzalah

Please can you share me Project settings of third person controller - melee combat template.

28. Invector

Invector

You can import by going to the menu Invector > Import ProjectSettings

unityunity