Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

excuse me,
    The name `other' does not exist in the current context, how to correct

2. Invector

Invector

I'm not sure where did you get this script from, but as you can see it doesn't come with the template... it's probably from an unofficial add-on I guess...

3. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

ok and how do i get to have the official ??

4. mukki014

mukki014

Is it possible to add physics to controller using playmaker? For creating abilities like ledge grab or ledge climb ? Thank you

5. Invector

Invector

That's what I'm trying to say to you buddy, we Don't have any script called 'vFireProjectile' in the project, so it's not official... I'm not sure where did you get this script, but it's either from a very old version of the template or a custom add-on you downloaded from the community, you could delete it or try to updated if you're using it.

The controller already is driven and interact with physics, to create actions such as ledge grab you could use our Generic Action System

6. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you. Is it possible to use existing parameters in animator controller for new abilities? I know generic actions work really well. But how do we get more control over animation states. Because every action state transit to free locomotion state.

7. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

if you do not use it and how you can do a projectile for example launch a power without scripting ?? and also how to update it ??

8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Not his problem. You can learn to write C#.

9. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

excuse me I use the vThrowObjet script to launch an object with a model that I put on my scene, so I program an animation to the Event with the function "LaunchObject that is in script, when he does this animation he launches the object touch but nothing happens and I have an error message, help me please correct it
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Invector.vCharacterController.vThrowObject.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/ThrowSystem/Scripts/vThrowObject.cs:88)

10. Invector

Invector

You can certainly expand the use of the AnimatorController by adding new abilities and manipulating it using the transitions and the existing or new parameters as you normally would do

I'm sorry @Kazuya321, what exactly you want to do? If you want to throw an object using the ThrowManager, just assign the prefab into the ObjectToThrow field in the inspector.

To update the template, we recommend deleting the Invector folder and importing the new version.

mukki014 likes this.
  11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

12. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

I want a model I put on my stage to throw an object, how to do??

13. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

he throws at me

14. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

Or is there any way that an enemy throws you an object?

15. MangeyD

MangeyD

hi I am trying to setup a 2.5d controller with Melee but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a demo scene for this or some help or tutorial someone could point me toward.

I seem to have it going but it doesn't follow my path now and turn corners so I really hope someone has made a tutorial for this :)

Ok you can ignore my questions as I loaded the Shooter template and it has a demo that gets me over all my current issues. I didn't want shooting so I just loaded the Melee template initially but now it is all good. :) :)

thanks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  16. Invector

Invector

Only the FSM AI Template has a throw behavior, you can check the example in the "FSM_AI_Cover-Throw-Companion" demo scene.

Next update will bring updated 2.5D demo scenes for all templates (basic, melee & shooter) ;)

GrassWhooper likes this.
  17. GrassWhooper

GrassWhooper

Interestig could we get a spoiler on when the next update will be up ? I kind of want to use the asset for my project and i have like started the project like a week ago and i totaly do not want things breaking

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  18. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

It was supposed to be this week. Must have found bugs.

19. indra-p

indra-p

Hello.. i want to add animation between idle to walk..and walk to idle..currently the template just using automatic transition..it doesnt look very natural.. will be better it it have animation as transition... anybody could teach me how to do it?

20. indra-p

indra-p

anyone? well its looks like its not easy to do it...i tried it myself..no success

anyway @Invector....is there any plan to add that feature in any future update?... i think most of game on this era have it...

21. Invector

Invector

Well that's actually pretty simple, you just need to remove the Idle from the Walk/Run/Sprint blend and create other states to transition between... just animator skills necessary, you can customize as much as you need as long as you respect the default parameters

22. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

ok thanks

23. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

Excuse me a concern, I launch power with the animation event, I also show images with the animation event, when my character executes an animation and the images appear on the screen, but now my problem is how I can to do when my character executes an animation the first time the image 1 appears, always with the same point select in the animation event when it executes for a second time the image 2 appears ??

24. Invector

Invector

You could create a simple script to manage your 'images', instead of calling to appear image1 or image2, call the manager that will display the image1 and activated a bool, once activated it will only call the image2 the next time.

25. neighborlee

neighborlee

Thx so much for asset, but posting because I'm getting very odd terrain flicking, really bad in some areas, and while I do not get it using the simple mouse smoothing movement script in unity and 'ethan' character rigidbody, I do here using the red high poly invector character . How do I fix this? It seems to be the worst on moving mouse around.

26. Invector

Invector

sjm-tech and Malbers like this.
  27. Invector

Invector

Try our latest release, we created a new ground check and ground snap method, you can see the differences in the changelog link I just post above

28. Malbers

Malbers

29. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

thank you but I'm going to try to be a little clearer because I did not end up with your method, so I have a picture on my screen of the empty water can and 9 more pictures of the water photos of each step that fill the can that are overplaying, thanks to the animator event when my character runs the animation to pour water, I programmed the 9 images that goes to false at each step like water that decrease in a container but now my problem is that the 9 images do not disappear with a single stroke of animation, I want at least in 2 shots, like when I launch the animation for the first time on the 9 images 4 that disappear and always with the same animation when I run for the second time the other 5 disappear, help me please (give me even an idea, I specify that the 9 images are public GameObject at the launch of the game they are on true and when I run the animation to pour the water they are e n false)

30. Armend

Armend

Hi Invector,

first, thank you very much for this awesome Charactercontroller. It saves hundreds of hours of development and is top notch quality. The Action-System is so nice, it makes the CC universal for everything and easy to expand with other functionalities. Really nicely done.

Now to my question/problem:
    I am currently implementing your CC with "Realistic Car Controller" from Bonecracker Games. I setup a triggerGenericAction to "Enter the car".

For that I deactivate the CharacterController and ThirdPersonCam and activate the Car- and its CamController. Then I parent the Car to the Character, so when I get out of the car, the character will be still next to the car. Theoretically it should be done like this (simple, without animations etc.). But when I get into the car, drive around and get out of the car, there happens a flicker on the ThirdPersonCam.

For 1 Frame, the ThirdPersonCam is still on the position, where I have deactivated it miles away. Then in the 2nd frame it jumps to the actual position of the Character, where it should be.

(I even tried to do it with one camera only, by enabling and disabling just the different scripts of ThirdPersonCam and CarCam, but the same problem with this one frame occurs)

Do you maybe know, why this happens? I tried to do it programmatically, but it seems you don't have included the vThirdPersonCamera into the namespace, so I couldn't do a vThirdPersonCamera variable in my c# script. (but well, even then I don't know if I could correct the problem)

I hope I am not asking for too much.

Edit: I believe this problem occurs because of an internal position-variable in vThirdPersonCamera, which doesn't get updated, since the script is deactivated. So when I activate it again, the position of the cam gets set to the old position (where it got deactivated) and then moves to the new position where the car and player now are. If I could access this variable via c#, i could (theoretically) set it to the current position, so it get updated correctly)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  31. neighborlee

neighborlee

Sorry I didn't specify, as I'm using Basic Locomotion Lite,did it also get the new version update ?Asking bc url you listed doesn't show any version.

TY

32. Invector

Invector

That's not really related to the ThirdPerson Templates but a general scripting question, I can't offer support on that you could create a new thread in the Scripting section, but really there are several ways do to this, you could use a int/float value that filled the sprites similar to what we do with the Health bar.

You could set your CarCamera to render above the ThirdPersonCamera and enable the tpCamera before disabling the carCamera to give it time to update the position, then once you disable the carCamera, the tpCamera will be in the correct position (just an idea)

Oh sorry, we didn't update the Lite version, and we don't have plans to do right now... all of the third person templates (Basic, Melee and Shooter) are now using the same version 2.5.0

33. neighborlee

neighborlee

Ok thanks,I feared that, but now I mustgo back to the drawing board. Seems dismal . So sad UE4 gives you an incredible 3rd person character right out of the box, and TRY as I have ( and became as the result a better programmer but stiill not enough to do the job ) after a long time tryiing EVERY single video both external and unity internal, that for unity atm anyway, it seems its better we fail than make 'progress ' with at least minimally what UE4 gives us.

Goes to show you what some engines consider important and what othes would rather you spin your wheels on endlessly. I'm about DONE.On disability income ,sometimes $5,$1 is too much.I'll just have to find another approach.

34. Invector

Invector

Hey there

We're making a new showcase with footage of your projects!

Want to help us and show what you have been working?
    You can upload video footage of your project on youtube or send directly to us at inv3ctor@gmail.com - or via PM

A few notes, please try to record the footage at good framerate and resolution, we recommend Nvidia Experience if you own an Nvidia Graphics card or FRAPS if you don't.

Also, it doesn't matter if is just a prototype, college work, tech demo, wip, etc... you just need to show what you did using the template.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  35. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

help me please, I created a little scene, there is something falling I have to prevent it from touching the ground when it touches the ground it appears a message which is in another scene and after I start again part at my starting point, everything is going well before with my first character that I had put on the scene but when he had a problem of materials I delete it, I replace it with a new one now after the message when I start the game I fall into the void, how to make me start again at my starting point ??

36. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

thank you am working to find the solution

37. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

really sorry, I just found, I just had to uncheck in the Third Person Controller script in locomotion "Use Instance" I uncheck it is all right now

38. Invector

Invector

New video showcase

GrassWhooper, JBR-games and sjm-tech like this.
  39. neighborlee

neighborlee

" Oh sorry, we didn't update the Lite version, and we don't have plans to do right now... all of the third person templates (Basic, Melee and Shooter) are now using the same version 2.5.0 :

Been busy, saddened THIS IS SO HARD( unity tuts on youtube SAY also, it is hard) , but wondering, as you said , sorry we didn't 'update' lite version , why would you willingly not'update' the 'lite' version, leaving players to waste their time, with as I noted, weird glitchy terrain issues that do NOT occur with say, Ethan ?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  40. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

say what? English is your second language I am guessing.

41. Kazuya321

Kazuya321

how can i do when an object falls on the ground its account one, when a second one touches the ground its account two?
    (I specify that I want to create a counter that counts the numbers of GameObjects only by touching the ground, its GameObjects that I want to put a tag) thank you for your response

42. neighborlee

neighborlee

Who are you replying to, if me I was prob.rushed, fixed it now it's fine. Yes, its my first language, all 63 years worth. Instead of noting language , If you were referring to me, offering advice might be a good option, or just say you have no idea and move on :) I enjoy helping others .

43. Invector

Invector

We have been busy with our other assets, I will reserve some time to update the free version it definitely needs some improvements

44. neighborlee

neighborlee

OK cool, ty INvector!

45. Malbers

Malbers

JBR-games, Invector and sjm-tech like this.
  46. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@Malbers dont forget to incorporate the Dragon AI brains for combat AIs!!

Malbers likes this.
  47. Invector

Invector

48. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

@Invector How can I setup scroll zoom for the third person controller? Thanks for all the wonderful work.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  49. DevelopGamer

DevelopGamer

As above thanks for this great asset once again.

It's eerily quiet around here!

Can anyone at least tell me a good way to play the standard weapon switch animation manually, then I can implement the system I have in mind using weapons without inventory?

50. Invector

Invector

Just check the zoom option in the TpCamera ;)

The Weapon Switch is via input, check the demo scene ShooterOnlyInventory to see an example using 1,2,3,4 instead of the default arrows, either way, to use a mouse scroll you will need to implement that, by default we use 1 input per slot.

About the forum, Invector users frequently use our official forum:
    http://invector.proboards.com/

unity_dev3194 and dsilverthorn like this.