Search Unity

Assets Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I am using the latest version, not sure what number at present. I did fix it though. Heres how:

The issue was related to the player Layer. In the demo scenes provided and when I added a controller to my scene, the Player Layer was set to PLAYER. But with that setting my character fell through the terrain.

So, I changed the Layer to Default which caused the issues above.

After posting I searched the demo scenes and they were all set to Player Layer which I couldn't understand. So I set my character to Player (children too) then changed only the top level game object to default which stopped the player falling through the terrain and the glitchy camera as described above. Since then everythings worked fine.

Version says 1.3.2 for shooter template in PDF

2. Invector

Invector

Layers are very important to be set up correctly, you see the Player and his children gameObjects must be set as "Player", the ground can use a different layer from "Default" but you must assign it in the Controller > Ground Layer, otherwise it will fall through, and the Camera uses the Culling Layer as obstacle, the default layer is "Default", so every object that uses default will be cull.

3. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any new updates coming to the TPC?

4. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Terrain - Layer Set To = Terrain
    Ground (in controller) - Layer Set To = Terrain

Player & Children - Layer Set To = Player

RESULT = Character falls through the floor/terrain.

Player (main gameobject) - Layer Set To = Default
    Children - Layer Set To Player

RESULT

Character works okey and doesn't fall through the floor.

Culling Layer ios curently set to (new layer created ) Culling Layer.
    I have tried using Culling = Default Leyer .... Makes no difference (as far as my current use and configs are concerned).

The same happens in the demo scenes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  5. rasto61

rasto61

Do you have Terrain/Player interaction enabled in your Collision Matrix?

Hawk0077 likes this.
  6. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I dont believe so based on my understanding. Which isnt a lot in these cases.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  7. rasto61

rasto61

Yes, so you need to check that and can just keep the entire player on the Player layer, and it wont fall through if you have the Terrain layer defined in the TPC ground.

8. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

When I select the checkmark Player /Terrain after I press Play the checkmark gets deselected?

Attached Files:

9. rasto61

rasto61

Then that means some script in your project is disabling the collision between the two layers. You need to check for Physics.IgnoreLayerCollision in all the scripts in your project.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  10. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, much appreciated.

11. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am trying to get the rights analog stick (xbox360 controller) to return to the center position of the character AFTER I make a camera movement up or down.

For instance if I move the right stick to the right then let go, I have to use the right stick to return to the center position.

I realise that there is a camera follow script but that makes the right stick inactive and so having the right stick return to center after a movement would be better if it can be done.

Is there a piece of code I can add somewhere to get the camera to behave this way?

I thought I found the SNAP checkbox in the input settings and that it would do this automaticaly but it doesnt work.

Any ideas? thanks

12. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Anyone getting this creating a new Item Handler? I've been able to move components up and down in order to see the new drop down handler but cant on this one.

Attached Files:

13. junaid_techving

junaid_techving

Hi ! well you are doing great ...
    I just want to extend the behaviour of Third Person Controller and NPC/AI. I want to perform grapple damage in which Third person Controller and AI Controller both behaviours will have to extend. So do you have any solution regarding to it?

14. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi Team - Having trouble adjusting the right hand on the bow setup. => Shooter Manager => IK => Right Hand but I don't see field to adjust? Probably missing something.
    Thanks!

SickaGamer likes this.
  15. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Don't know about this - I removed component then set back up and now visible. No biggie- Happened a couple times.