Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

Weblox likes this.
  2. Invector

Invector

We're still working on this update, more news are coming soon ;)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  3. Weblox

Weblox

@Invector - Thanks for the response, I did not see the expand button at first.Thanks for the Code fixes and the hint on Spawners - I'll try it out ASAP. :p

Yeah, that's what I have guessed. Could you add this to the Adventure Creator Integration? Please? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Hopefully a better invector inventory system

5. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Also if Evila abandons his RPG pack, you should pick it up and integrate it

Weblox likes this.
  6. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Can you expand on this? ;)

7. Weblox

Weblox

@Invector ... ?

8. Invector

Invector

Sorry we don't have much experience with Adventure Creator or Playmaker, so our integrations are just a kickstarter so you guys can have the basics, we can't add support for more advanced integration features right now because we're pretty full doing new features for the templates it self

9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

10. Invector

Invector

Definitely some new features for our Inventory System, more news coming soon in our forum ;)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Soon as in this week or next month?

12. Subzeroblack68

Subzeroblack68

Wanted to ask a quick question, Can the AI perform a Stealth kill? or would it be easy to set up at least? As far as im aware its an extension of the Generic action isnt it? so that would mean having to make the AI do a generic action if I understand that correctly... Or I might just be misunderstanding the whole process... I jsut want my enemies to to kill the player with an assassination

13. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  14. Weblox

Weblox

@Invector - Great to hear, you are alrdy busy working on new features, looking forward to the new Version. :cool:

I understand that, maybe you will get a chance to look into this again at some point in time...:confused:

@Invector - I recently talked to BoneCrackerGames, the developer of the Realistic Car Controller and he agreed to do an official Integration with RCC and the Invector Template.

Please, can you support this fellow developer with a voucher Code or a copy of the latest Invector Shooter Template, so we can have official RCC Integration for Invector? That be so awesome!

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work... :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Come up with a new inventory UI along with a dual wield template fir guns and melee weapons.

16. Invector

Invector

sjm-tech and Weblox like this.
  17. LucasTCunha

LucasTCunha

Hi! This Sunday I created my first game on Unity, using Invector and DunGen:
    https://ltcunha.itch.io/hellscape
    I'm not sure if it's a bug in my NavMesh, but I get the impression that the enemies do not go directly to the player, and when they are close they perform few attacks.
    Is there a way to make enemies faster and more aggressive?

18. Invector

Invector

Are you using the FSM AI or the Simple AI that comes with the Melee package?
    With the FSM you have a lot of options like changing the 'Custom Speed' of the state to Running or Sprinting, increase the Path Quality of the Agent, increase the Sight, FindTarget and CanSeeUpdate quality, etc...
    In the Simple Melee AI you can increase the Iterations but keep in mind that this can affect the performance of the AI, since it's a little bit limited, you can increase the speed of chase and strafe in the locomotion tab.

19. Weblox

Weblox

@Invector - Hopefully I didn't end up on the spam list ... :p

I know you are busy working on the update, but please can you do this? Of Course I can wait till after the the update is published, but we NEED that Integration.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work... :D

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  20. LucasTCunha

LucasTCunha

I'm using the simple AI that comes in the Melee package.
    I do not know FSM AI, does it come in the same package? Is there any tutorial or documentation available about it?

21. Invector

Invector

No promisses but we can take a look at it, after the new update.

It's another asset focused exclusively on AI with Finite State Machine, you can read more about it on the official thread:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/1780/beta-released-ai-template

Online Documentation:
    https://www.invector.xyz/aidocumentation

AssetStore page:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/fsm-ai-template-beta-123618

LucasTCunha, magique and Weblox like this.
  22. Empereur7

Empereur7

how can i do when my character collides with an invector-icon directly an image appears on my screen
    (I reported that invector-icon has the script: vPickupItem)

Capture d’écran 27-04-2019 01.23.59.png

23. Invector

Invector

You can use the vSimpleTrigger Events to do that, no code necessary ;)

24. Invector

Invector

[SHOOTER TEMPLATE] is currently at 50% OFF at the AssetStore,
    make sure to grab before it ends!

The Shooter Template already includes all the features from the Basic & Melee ;)

[FSM AI] is also at 50% OFF

It works as Standalone for an FPS Project and also works great with Invector Third Person Templates!

25. Empereur7

Empereur7

My problem is that I'm working on a book made on a much older version of Unity
    An exercise therefore proposes to me to insert on my screen an image (PNG) via a GUI Texture object, my concern is that on my version, the GUI texture no longer exists (or has another name but I use an image simple from the canvas). the exercise consists of: the character will have 4 batteries to recover in the game, the starting image (at the top right of the screen for example) will display at the beginning an empty battery then, every time the player will recover a battery, the image will be replaced by a new one that will represent another image of another battery a little better loaded.
    there are two scripts to write: one that will be attached to the object GUI texture on the screen and the other to the character (for the collision with the batteries me I use the script vPickupItem to recover the batteries)
    now in the OnTriggerEnter function of the vPickupItem script I have an error message trying to call a static variable in another script: for the variable to increment its value each time i get a battery.
    thank you for your future answer
    here is the error message: Locomotion / Scripts / Generic / vPickupItem.cs (27,39): error CS0176: Static member `BatCollecte.chargeImage 'can not be accessed with an instance reference, qualify it with a type instead

lei.png

26. Chemanel

Chemanel

Hello, I recently bought the shooter template.

My goal is to make a chivalry - medieval type multiplayer video game.
    The goal is to defend your castle with friends online wave after wave.
    Each wave will add different enemies with number and difficulty increasing.
    The players will dispose of a variety of weapons, axes, swords, hammers... but also some fun "shooting" weapons like bows or automatic crossbows.

The shooter asset seems to cover everything I need payer side, movements, weapons, different attacks, etc. (I didnt get too deep yet into it, but it s the impression I have)

My problem now, is the enemy part. Will you other asset permit me to create a wave system with different enemies that will have different attacks with different weapons ? I dont need a very advanced IA, basically, run to the players and attack them. As its wave after wave, it must stay really simple but still offer a bit of challenge. As you dont have a video to present your AI asset... I dont really know if I can do it with it... Could you help me?

27. Empereur7

Empereur7

please help me, I'm trying to call a static variable from another script, here's the error it gives me: Assets / Invector-3rdPersonController / Basic Locomotion / Scripts / Generic /vPickupItem.cs(29,77): error CS0029: Can not implicitly convert `int 'to` UnityEngine.UI.Image'

28. Empereur7

Empereur7

and another error message: error CS0176: Static member `BatCollect.chargeImage 'can not be accessed with an instance reference

29. Invector

Invector

Well try changing your static variable to public.
    Again, the vPickUpItem was a very simple script created for a specific example, to do what you want the best solution would be the vSimpleTrigger.

Sure, the FSM AI comes with a Spawn System filled with options like different types of prefabs to instantiate, random, delays, min & max quantity, keep instantiating or limited to a number, override tags, layers, spawn destination or set a waypointArea, etc... looot's of options :)

30. Empereur7

Empereur7

what is the function that makes an enemy detect the presence of my character? (because I would like to launch a combat animations of an enemy detect the character at the first sight and launch an animation)

31. Invector

Invector

Basically your target must be inside the FOV range, with the correct layers and tags.

32. Empereur7

Empereur7

thank you very much i got deal what i wanted

33. Empereur7

Empereur7

I have a problem, I try to create several times a weapon but the weapon in question only falls and destroy it when I place it in the hand of my character, so It does not remain in the hand of my character, how to make sure that the weapon is not destroyed and that it stays in the arm of my character?

34. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hey There- We ended up purchasing all the Invector assets but after getting the additional add-on such as Footstep/Swimming we get errors after footstep is loaded. Is there a specific order to load Invector assets? Unity 2019.3.0a2 - thanks!

Attached Files:

35. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

After we remove FootStep all errors clear except for one error - Thanks!

Attached Files:

36. magique

magique

Footstep System is included in the Invector Third Person controller asset so maybe you messed something up by importing the stand-alone version. You also wasted $15 by buying it separately. If you haven't done anything with the assets yet, you should probably just start over with a fresh project and this time don't import the Footstep System.

37. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Thanks! New to Invector controller - Posted to quick and yanked them and all is stable- $15 donation to help developer keep working on new innovations that helps us is fine with me.. :) Thanks again for quick help.

Invector and magique like this.
  38. Invector

Invector

Despite this being the first image of our gallery and the description that says:
    "Invector's Shooter Template is inspired by AAA shooters and include all the features of the Basic & Melee template"

People continue to email us asking if the Melee features are included in the Shooter package :confused:

You guys need to take a few minutes and read the description before purchase :p

@MagiSoftworks thanks for purchasing both of our assets, hope you have fun!
    @magique I didn't forget about you! we're going to solve that pooling issue ;)

magique and sjm-tech like this.
  39. junctionboss

junctionboss

I have basic free package which works fine ty, but somehow , relatively new to animation, on play and moving mouse upwards to look at objects, sky, camera shakes bad and it looks like player is mirrored above self.

WHat setting have I got backwards ?
    ty

40. magique

magique

Is that in a provided demo scene or your own scene? Sounds to me like you might have 2 cameras in the scene or something else strange going on.

41. junctionboss

junctionboss

It's my own scene entirely, with only Invectors camera , part of 3rd person controller basic setup. Everything else is working great :)

42. magique

magique

Odd. I have no idea then what could be wrong. But you should check if demo scenes are having same issue or not. I would suspect you have some other asset in the scene that is causing issues.

43. junctionboss

junctionboss

44. junctionboss

junctionboss

No doubt you're busy, but would you mind replying with help to my post #196, still can't figure out what is causing it.

TY

45. junctionboss

junctionboss

Nevermind , sorry, no idea what was causing it, as I checked all settings I could think of, deleted them, added new and no more issue.

thx

46. appfuncenter

appfuncenter

one question before buying, the main character in my game is fat (heavy weight), i tried other systems but the animations are not good for fat characters, can invector system solve this problem?

47. magique

magique

This is really not a problem that any third person controller can solve per se. You are dealing with Unity's animation system and a set of animations provided by the controller. What you need to solve your problem are custom animations for your heavy character that work well for your heavy character and use those as replacements for the provided animations in the controller you choose.

JBR-games likes this.
  48. Empereur7

Empereur7

Help me please, roblem reloading scenes, when I started the game on the first level and I die the scene automatically recharges but when I went to the next levels and I die the scene does not recharge (except there is the Gamecontroller in each scene and in each scene there is a Player prefabs already place: a vThirdPersonBasic), thank you in advance for your help

49. jnbbender

jnbbender

This may be a simple question but how does one go about changing their weapon icon in the inventory?

50. Invector

Invector

Make sure you have the correct player assign in the GameController of each scene

You can replace the icon in the ItemListData, go to your ItemManager inspector and hit the button "Open ItemList"

jbb1979 likes this.