Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

Sorry about the delay but indeed we don't check this forum as much as our own forum which has a lot of activity.
    http://invector.proboards.com/

You can also send us an email, we answer every day or within 2~3 days tops.

About your question, if you simply drag and drop a weapon to a handler, the melee manager or shooter manager will automatically assign, so basically, you just need to instantiate the prefab there.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  2. Invector

Invector

Did you check if your Terrain is using the "Default" layer? because it is our layer for ground detection, you can change it of course in the player's inspector.

3. Invector

Invector

Did you bake the navmesh?

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Thanks!

How do I make it so that an equipped item executes a function on use?

I am trying to make an equipable tool, which when used, does a certain function/script?

The idea is to have a rake, which when used ,will cause "raked ground" to appear in front of the player. Struggling to work out how to do this, so far I have been able to set rake up as an equipable but it treats it as a weapon and I cant seem to find how to execute a function on weapon use/attack.

5. Silveralby

Silveralby

Thanks for the reply, I resolve it. Another similar problem and as you can see in the image the hulk arm that enters the wall. Do you think the reason is because the 3D model is too deformed, the shoulders much bigger ??

6. Empereur7

Empereur7

Hello, help me please correct this error
    Assets / Invector-3rdPersonController / 3DModels / Others / HealthItem / vAnimateUV.cs (4.27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MonoBehaviour 'could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

7. Invector

Invector

We're working on a new component that will have a list of ItemID and what to do when you use it, with basic things like trigger an animation, spawn something, etc... this should be available in the next update ;)

That's a very common issue on games, your character definitely has a bigger shoulder so that you can do is increase the capsule collider radius or the wall collider, but you need to pay attention with doors and small spaces to avoid getting the character stuck.

What version of the template are you running?

Weblox likes this.
  8. Empereur7

Empereur7

I am using the version Unity 5.6.4p2 (64bit) and Invector 3rd Person Template version: 1.3b (May 16, 2016)

9. Invector

Invector

Is there a reason why you're using such an older version? you're missing a LOT of great features that were added.
    Anyways... it's hard to say what's causing the error but probably some conflict... try reimport

Weblox likes this.
  10. Empereur7

Empereur7

OK thanks, but all the scripts work normally in the software no error message, I have this error that when I run a build on Pc, Mac, Lux and the console gives me this message: Error Building Player, error CS0246: The type gold namespace name `MonoBehaviour 'could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? how to solve it?

11. Invector

Invector

Honestly, I have no idea... I try exporting a scene with only a cube and the vAnimateUV attached and it works just fine on 5.6.2... can you try another version of the editor?

12. Empereur7

Empereur7

I'm trying another version of Unity? but let me tell you that the error in question is not only on vAnimateUV but also on several Invector Scripts, the console sends me 538 error message in red `MonoBehaviour 'when I want to make a build on PC, s do you like to give me idea so that I find the solution, I just finished a project that taught me a lot of times, what do I do? and if I change the editor's version: I will not lose my project?

13. Invector

Invector

That's the thing I've never seen an error like this before, and I'm not sure it's related to our asset either.
    You can send me your project zipped if you like, I can take a look at it.
    It goes without saying that you must backup your project before trying different versions of Unity.

14. Muhammad_Taha

Muhammad_Taha

Hello guys. Is there any way I can make invector camera follow player always from back. I tried fixed angle and fixed point but didn't work.
    And when I shoot it shows side angle as showing right now.
    Any Ideas guys?

15. Invector

Invector

Hmm you could use the option "lockCamera" in the tpCamera inspector and set the character locomotion to "StrafeOnly" but you need to create some new inputs to rotate the character, since we rotate based on the camera

16. Muhammad_Taha

Muhammad_Taha

Hello. Thanks for you reply.
    It seems a great idea. Actually I am working on mobile platform. I need to make input as less as possible, for that purpose I am going to use joystick for movement as you used in template, I need to remove the look option on drag. So I thought of camera follow on back and enable drag option in combat.
    I will try your option, but I got suggestion. Maybe I could edit your code of camera and edit free directional case to follow player on back in every case and your kit will do the aiming and all other by its own.
    Will let you know after implementation.

17. Empereur7

Empereur7

thank you for the answer, but how do you save it and how can I send it to you?

18. Invector

Invector

inv3ctor@gmail.com along with your Invoice number ;)

19. Empereur7

Empereur7

Ok thank you, I try to Builder on Android here is the error message it gives:
    CommandInvokationFailure: Unable to list target platforms. Please make sure the android sdk path is correct. See the Console for more details.
    C: / Program Files / Java / jdk1.8.0_192 \ bin \ java.exe -Xmx2048M -Dcom.android.sdkmanager.toolsdir = "C: \ Users \ Thim's \ AppData \ Local \ Android \ Sdk \ tools" -Dfile. encoding = UTF8 -jar "C: \ Program Files \ Unity \ Editor \ Data \ PlaybackEngines \ AndroidPlayer / Tools \ sdktools.jar" -

help me please

20. rrabassa

rrabassa

I am creating a giant AI - about 10 to 15 times bigger than the play. I'm having trouble having him move/react as an enemy AI and I think the scale is messing with the Invector scripts. So how can I make a giant AI?

What I did was scale the mesh/rig in my 3d app and exported an FBX but the AI is acting very weird. Is this the best approach?

Thanks,
    rich

21. Empereur7

Empereur7

Ah I find a tutorial on Youtube that help me, problem solved

Invector likes this.
  22. Invector

Invector

Hmm did you scale the fbx directly or you scale up using the transform tool? the correct way is by changing the scale factor of the fbx, the other way will give you bugs!

23. Empereur7

Empereur7

Please help me, I run a Build with ios, I have an error message: ssets / Invector-3rdPersonController / Scripts / CharacterController / vThirdPersonAnimator.cs (558,33): error CS0103: The name `GamepadVibration does not exist in the current context

24. Invector

Invector

Just comment that line out, we used to use that for the 360 controller vibration, which the macOS doesn't support.
    ps* This verification was already removed a while ago in the latest updates.

25. Empereur7

Empereur7

thank you very much for the answer, the error is correct

26. Empereur7

Empereur7

apologize guide me a little please, I do not know what is it? I create a script for Spawner my enemies, the enemy on the scene has the hitbox, when it strikes me my life energy decreases and when I hit it too, but when it's spawner I do not arrive not touch him and he too, when he strikes me just as if we are jostling, so it looks like after being spawner he loses his hitbox and I too can not touch him but the one who was before on the scene I touch it without problem

27. Luistrotamundos

Luistrotamundos

Good morning, a question, the link of the animations package for the climbing system is down, will it be resubmitted? or in what form can I download it again?

28. Empereur7

Empereur7

I tried another method, I took the enemy prefabs in the project folder and I put in my Spawn zone but when I approached that my enemies appears directly they die, it looks like they do not recognize the Navmesh off the other enemies that I had placed on the stage does not die at the launch of the game, help me please

29. Empereur7

Empereur7

Excuse me a little, my first time to build on ios, and after the contruction I find myself with a folder and full of sub folder, there is a sub folder Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj inside a file "project.pbxproj" how to open file "project.pbxproj" on windows because the tutorial I followed was for mac

30. Invector

Invector

You export an iOS build using Windows? I'm pretty sure you need a MacOS to handle iOS builds...

31. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Yep. Unity iOS "builds" just produce a project for Xcode. You have to open the project in Xcode on a Mac to build and deploy to a phone or the app store.

32. Empereur7

Empereur7

ok mercci, but is there any way that I import folder on mac for it to be used in the xcode?

33. Empereur7

Empereur7

when I hit the wall by chance during the fight it jostles my character backing away, how can I do it when I touch the wall that I just stop

34. Invector

Invector

Disable the "HitRecoil" option in the MeleeManager

35. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

Hello invector
    My Users "Invector Third person " And "Gaia " so the question
    How do I Bake Navigation With "nevmesh Unity "?

36. jnbbender

jnbbender

I believe there is an option for this. The wall has to be marked with the StopWalk layer or something similar and the option to stop moving has to be set somewhere. Check the layers added by Invector and you'll find what I'm talking about. Google that to see what option needs to be set.

Sorry for the generalized help. I don't have it in front of me.

37. jnbbender

jnbbender

Newbie changing/Adding an aim pointer on a pistol. I have built a pistol according to the videos but I would like to add a dot aim pointer. I removed the laser pointer but I can't find a place to add a sprite for my "dot" aim pointer.

Any help would be great.

38. Empereur7

Empereur7

ok thanks i'll see

39. Empereur7

Empereur7

here I have two messages in yellow compared to problem on my console help me please:

the first:

Missing NavMesh Bake, character will die
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    Invector.v_AIController:CheckIsOnNavMesh() (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/CharacterAI/v_AIController.cs:174)

the second:

Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion)
    AutoSpawn:Update() (at Assets/Projet Com/Script/AutoSpawn.cs:34)

40. Invector

Invector

"Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh"

I think you're trying to instantiate an AI prefab in a spawnPoint that is out the navmesh

41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How do I add combos based on specific weapons? Ie Axes get this animations, Swords get this animations.

42. rasto61

rasto61

Animator>FullBody>Attacks>Strong/WeakAttacks (depending on which one you want to add) and just add what you want with the appropriate transition condition based on AttackID
    And then set the corresponding AttackID on the weapon

SickaGames1 likes this.
  43. Empereur7

Empereur7

yes yes and how am I going to solve this problem?

44. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  45. Invector

Invector

Simple move your spawnPoint inside the navmesh range.

Shouldn't be hard, since it's basically the same structure as ours.

46. jnbbender

jnbbender

Question about adding a custom animation parameter:

I followed the video on adding a new Action: Adding Custom Animation
    I can trigger my animation just fine, which is the sliding animation, but I need the character to be running or sprinting. I don't see any parameter for such a trigger.
    Does anyone know how to create a trigger for a custom Animation based on the Invector parameters? or anything else?

Thanks

47. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I am having an issue adding weapons to my characters. How do I modify the prefabs that I have so that they have the correct pivot point. I have tried your tutorials with no luck. Below is the item that I have and the end result after I add it to the inventory and equip it. My character equips the axe to high and I want to move the pivot point further down. Any instructions on how to do so? Thanks!

Attached Files:

48. Empereur7

Empereur7

ok thank you, I will try

49. Weblox

Weblox

@Invector - Gratz to Version 1.3 - That was an awesome update! It made me revisit my Invector Project, and I already got some good Progress! I have been running into some smaller Issues and have some questions also:

LockOnShooter:
    - When LockedOn to Enemy and Player gets killed, the LockOn Icon remains visible onScreen after respawn , and can't be disabled - when LockedOn to Enemy again, a duplicate LockOn Icon is visible !

- When "Use LockOn Melee Only" is ticked in ShooterManager and Player Locks On Enemy with MeleeWeapon equipped - then switches to Shooter Weapon - the LockOn is still active and can't be disabled !

Shooter Weapons:
    - Do Shooter Weapons have a Melee Attack also (e.g punch with rifle/pistol equipped) ? How to use? How to setup?

Spawners/Wave Survival:
    - Please, can you add a spawner System to the Template that will spawn Enemies continously and can also use a Wave Survival Mode? This would allow for a much quicker Development and help us Hobbyists alot in getting a playable Demo Project up and running!

Adventure Creator Integration:
    - How to make AC use the Invector Inventory?

As always, thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  50. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I have read about new updates in your forum. Could you tell me more specifically? How does inventory change?