Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

Official Add-on Stealth Kill by Invector
    (sellfy.com/p/9agY/#)

Stealth Kill Add-on is now available and it's... FREE
    Animations included and it's all done using the vGenericAction, vTriggerGenericAction, and Events.

* Require Third Person Basic Locomotion v2.3.3
    * Require AI Template v0.2

Malbers and GMax like this.
  2. GMax

GMax

DAMN!!!!!!!! Love it!

3. magique

magique

I have had a difficult time trying to find pretty much everything I look for in the documentation. I thought this new tool would be better, but the very first thing I searched for wasn't there. I think I might be missing a resource for documentation because I can't find help on anything. I was just trying to look up what the Camera Sway is supposed to do, but I couldn't find in the PDF file or this new search tool.

I have another issue that I need help with also. Is there a way to completely eliminate the camera movement and weapon dispersion when in Aim mode? I was just playing the original Halo and one thing I loved is that you can just whip out a big gun and blast away rapid fire at dozens of enemies and the weapon never recoils or moves around when shooting. It might be realistic to have those features, but it's not fun. I want my players to feel super awesome and not frustrated by gun movement.

4. Invector

Invector

Well, there are some things that we didn't include in the documentation because they are mostly really obvious...

Camera Sway for example, it's that sway/balance/swing that the camera does while Aiming.

Most inspector variables have a tooltip that show's up when you mouseover, like this:

The same thing for the weapons, the Recoil is totally optional.. most Third Person games have recoil so we added by default but you can simply set to 0 ;)

5. magique

magique

Yeah, I thought it was obvious too, but when I change it to 0 it didn't seem to change anything. I actually don't see any Camera Sway at all while aiming so maybe it's just really subtle.

6. magique

magique

One other question. If I go into aim mode, but don't actually fire then when I exit aim mode it goes immediately back to normal idle or normal walking state. This I like. However, if I aim and actually shoot then when I exit aim mode, the character is stuck in the aim state for a couple of seconds before returning to normal idle or movement. Is there any way I can have it go right back to normal idle or movement instead?

7. Invector

Invector

We didn't leave that public, but go to the vShooterMeleeInput and change the value of 3 to whatever you like
    if (shooterManager.hipfireShot) aimTimming = 3f;

8. magique

magique

Excellent. That worked perfectly. There were several places it had that hard-coded. Btw, shouldn't it be aimTiming with just one m?

9. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

I use the melee template in my game. Is it possible to change attack animations during runtime by pressing a specific button OR when I change a weapon?

10. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

I was able to create a script to change the RuntimeAnimatorController.
    It is easier.

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public GameObject vThirdPersonMelee;
    2.     public RuntimeAnimatorController hit1_sword;
    3.     public RuntimeAnimatorController hit3_sword;
    4.     public RuntimeAnimatorController hit5_sword;
    5.     Animator activeAnimator;
    7.     void Start () {
    9.         activeAnimator = vThirdPersonMelee.gameObject.GetComponent<Animator>();
    10.          activeanimator.runtimeAnimatorController = hit3_sword as RuntimeAnimatorController;
    12.     }

Invector likes this.
  11. PicturesInDark

PicturesInDark

12. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

I have a player attack when it hit an enemy, it sends the enemy back. (I think it uses the Big Hit Reaction animation)

But I have a certain type of enemy that must not be affected by the attack. I mean, it will suffer the damage, but will not send back by the attack.

How can I accomplish this in the melee template?

Regards

13. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

another scene when the energy of your enemy is less than 50 percent? Please help me

14. Weblox

Weblox

Hi @Invector

I have some Issues with the head tracking. Disabling the Head Track Module prevents the Error.

Error 1: on enter playmode

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.Start () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:84)

Error 2: on every frame

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.IgnoreHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:396)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.GetLookPoint () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:171)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.UpdateHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:133)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:165)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vThirdPersonInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vThirdPersonInput.cs:114)
    Invector.vShooter.vShooterMeleeInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/Shooter/vShooterMeleeInput.cs:95)

This happens on a fresh Project with the latest Invector Shooter Template in Unity 2017.4.7f1 LTS. Thanks in advance, all help is much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  15. mukki014

mukki014

Can work with control freak for touch Input?

16. rosor

rosor

@Invector purchased your plugin on your online store as well as the climbing add-on. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I'm using it with generic models.
    Here is some feedback:
    • When creating a player, enemy or npc the window requires a humanoid fbx. In order to use generic tou have to set the model to humanoid, and after the creation process, switch it back to generic. No big deal but it's confusing.
    • The documentation is very sparse... for anyone who want to fully reskin your template it's a real pain in the a**. A lot of trial and error until you figure out what all the elements actually do and how. You need to document better the triggers in the step up, climb up and pass over...
    • The melee basic AI, basically trying to use a pretty simple character that only has one weapon and 4 simple attacks that you can chain into combos. For some reason it's only triggering the first attack of the weak attacks chain... not sure what is going on. I basically used a copy of the meleeAIanimator controller and changed the animations in here... not sure what to do.
    • For the player character, I've been recreating the whole set of animations for my generic player character. I've managed to have additional branching bare hands combo. So I'm pretty happy with it. The main problem is regarding the climbing add on, indeed and climbing up from the top ledge, my character performs the right animation but for some reason there is an additional -90° rotation on the Y axis. Not sure how to fix this.
    • I'll be creating weapons soon and see how the equipment will work soon
    So far there is way more frustration than excitement. Though I know that's because I'm missing something or didn't have the information available. A lot can be done with this plugin and I'm really eager to have all the issues ironed out.

If anyone else have some answers or solution to my issues I'm all ears! :)

Thanks!

17. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

I created a script that works correctly, the counter, when all enemies are dead I go directly to the next scene, but how to do after a few seconds the next scene charge? because the last enemy is dead, it goes directly without waiting for 2 seconds, help me please, after a few seconds we go to the next scene?

18. rosor

rosor

Hi again, just purchased the AI add-on. Looks pretty good. I'm happy to say that this solved my issue with the enemy character only triggering the first animation of the weak attacks. Looking forward to using it more extensively. I managed to tweak an existing AI pretty easily. I don't like cowards so I removed the flee option. Pretty straight forward. Thanks for maintaining this plugin.

19. Invector

Invector

Well you could simply remove the hit reaction animation from the animator ;)

Most cases of errors regarding the Headtrack are due to the Rig of your custom character, you need to make sure that there is a Neck bone assign to the humanoid rig ;)

I never tried this one, just another one that I forgot right now... In theory you would just replace the input calls from Unity Input to your new custom input thought.

The template is advertised as Mecanim & Humanoid because this way it's way easier to make some components find and auto assign bones, such as the HeadTrack, Ragdoll and Footstep, it's also the best way to retarget animations to any other Humanoid character. If you wish to use Generic, you will indeed have a few frustrations since the Template was not design to work with Generic by default.

Try our online documentation ;)
    http://www.invector.xyz/thirdpersondocumentation

I think you replace the animation but didn't adjust the animator transitions, if your transition to exit the state is lower than your transition to the next state, it will exit and play only the first animation.

The issue with the climbing is probably something regarding the fact the your using a Generic model, try adjusting the values of your animation to rotate to the correct angle.

Well that's not really something to do with the template, you just need to create a delay in your script to call the method that loads the next scene.

The AI Template is not a Add-on but a complete new solution for AI and we're just getting started with it :)
    Now that you have both the ThirdPersonTemplate and the AI Template, give a try on our latest free Stealth Kill Add-on
    https://sellfy.com/p/9agY/

Weblox likes this.
  20. mukki014

mukki014

I've successfully integrate control freak 2 sith invector . One more question. Is free climb add-on have same inputs Like horizontal and vertical for climbing movement?

21. Invector

Invector

The FreeClimb add-on has 3 unique inputs, the rest of the movement comes from the vThirdPersonInput horizontal and vertical ;)

mukki014 likes this.
  22. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you for the response. I also check invector proboard site but you aren't active there. I was using control freak because it's smoother than cross platform unity input but wasn't able to integrate in control freak so I had to use given mobile control comes with invector and there movement is working while climbing but character isn't jumping I don't know why .I'm not a coder but I do know that I've to add some control freak name space and reference it to free climb script but don't know how to do that . Would you describe about Tp_input ? Thank you

23. cheesee09

cheesee09

My Invector player doesn't receive damage when I block emerald ai attacks even I set the enemy damage at a higher level

24. cheesee09

cheesee09

My invector tpc player doesn't receive damage when blocking emerald ai attacks and is there a tutorial for ranged generic ai? I'm making a dragon boss in my project and I don't know how to make an ranged generic ai

25. cheesee09

cheesee09

How can I fix this error? I followed all the instructions in the shade spell system documentation and I got this error messages

26. cheesee09

cheesee09

How can I fix this error? I followed all the instructions in the shade spell system documentation and I got this error messages

Assets/Invector -3rdPersonController/Add-ons/ShadeSpellSystem/Scripts/Editor/CreateMagicNPCController.cs(239,21): error CS1540: cannot access protected member 'Invector.vHealthController.onreceive Damage.set' via a qualifier of type 'Invector.vCharacterController.AI.v_AIController'. The qualifier must be of type 'Shadex.CreateMagicNPCController' or derived from it

27. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

how to run a magic attack with invector version 1.3b, I find this tutorial but it is not my version:
    , help me please

28. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

Thank you very much for your support

29. Invector

Invector

Hmm try looking at the mobile demo scenes to see if the jump works, them you can compare and see what's different from your scene.
    ps* I was without internet for a few weeks since I moved to a new house, but I'm back in the forum again ;)

Check our online documentation to see how to apply/receive damage ;)
    Did you try the sniper demo scene? he does use a ranged behavior.
    About the Spell Shadex Add-on try posting directly on their thread, we don't provide support for Unofficial Invector add-ons.

There are several ways to create a similar effect, one would be to use Animation Events to trigger and spawn the magic effect

30. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

thank you for the orientation, I consult this page and I come back

31. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

in the default attack of the enemy's animator, I put animation in attack A, B, C, during combat the enemy throws attack A and B, so the transition that I make attack A and B and C does not work, how to make it also go to attack C? Please help me

32. Invector

Invector

Make sure your Exit Transition from B do C is lower than the Exit Transition from B to Exit State, otherwise it will never go to C, it will always exit the state first ;)

33. Luistrotamundos

Luistrotamundos

Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to know why this error is due.

( https://imgur.com/EnrDYze )

when the character is jumping or falling. The landing animation does not play smoothly, it has a delay of about one second as shown in the gif.

for what is this ? and how can I fix it?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  34. Ordnas006

Ordnas006

35. wood333

wood333

I use a separate inventory asset to place weapons in the Invector weapon mount points. What method(s) do I call to get the Shooter system to recognize a mounted range weapon. Note: I already do this successfully with the melee weapons by calling the init() method in the vMeleeManager script. Looking for what I should call to get the range part working. Would I call "SetRightWeapon" and "SetLeftWeapon" from the vShooterManager?

36. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

thank you but after having tried many times nothing changes, tell me whether he palit or settle?

37. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

Thank you I followed but a small problem, For the example he gave, the sound of not the function in the event he put: footstep, now for my case: the magic attack, what I have to put as function.

38. Invector

Invector

vAnimatorEvents & vAnimatorEventsReceiver

Video Preview of the new feature included on the Shooter Template version 1.3.0 (also included on Basic & Melee Templates versions 2.4.0) that is coming next week to the AssetStore and vStore.

The vAnimatorEvents will make your life A LOT easier to trigger particles, sounds, call methods, anything an Event can do, from an AnimatorState directly from the AnimatorController!

ceebeee and wood333 like this.
  39. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

Thank you thank you very much for your link, because I ended up launching a Magic attack with Animation Events, and also I saw the new video you just posted on Animation Events, I will also take a look thank you again.

Invector likes this.
  40. TSHIBA3D

TSHIBA3D

Excuse a little inconvenience, I realize well the attack Magic on my enemy who launches the attack towards my character but the problem is that when the fire Magic touches my character it does not decrease its energy, how to make that Magic attack decreases the energy of my character? I try all the HITBOX, Object Damage on the particle but nothing. Please help me

41. JohnDoe2001

JohnDoe2001

Hi there. Tried to find the solution to this on Unity and vForums but no luck. I'm trying to see if there's an invector camera property which gradually pulls the camera in/out when it hits an object behind it. Right now, the camera just pops toward the player model, which is jarring. Smooth and Smooth Damp appear to be for following the character only. Thoughts?

There doesn't appear to be any documentation explaining the individual properties of the Camera script and what they do, resulting in lots of trial and error that I think could be saved.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 10:37 PM