Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. zenGarden

zenGarden

Addons can wait until the new AI version is done.
    Do you think the update will be available within this months or some more months later ?

2. Kondor0

Kondor0

Hi
    I'm using the Basic Locomotion and there's a parameter called TurnOnSpotAnim. Is this active? because I want to add transitions between idle and walking/running in a direction.
    Do I need to add the animations directly? because I have the animations but I'm not sure where to put them, I see there's an animator parameter called TurnOnSpotDirection but I don't see where it's being used (if it's used at all).
    EDIT: I only use Free movement, maybe this is a strafing feature? I ask because it doesn't appear in the documentation.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

Hi,

I use the Invector Melee template in one of my games.

If I add 20 enemies or less in one scene, my games is able to run at 30 fps. But when I put more enemies the fps begin to be drastic reduced. With 30 enemies my game runs with 20 fps.

I remove the Invector scripts from the enemies prefabs and the fps goes to 40. I do that only to check if Invector scripts are reducing the game's fps.

Is it possible to do something about this?

4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Far Cry 4 uses AI director system, it never gets more than 30 characters at same time around the player.
    Until you make a RTS game or some Diablo game using simplified navigation and scripts for maximum script; you should control how many characters are active at same time.
    4 to 10 challenging AI at same time very dynamic, most of the time is enough to give player some difficulty to deal with them at same time.

What is your game type ? It is a hack n slash ? a melee combat game ? some tps ?

5. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

My game is a melee combat game. I put the all enemies in a large terrain, but the player only fight with 5 enemies at the same time based in the enemies location. All other enemies are far from these other group of enemies.
    Any tip of how I can disable and enable enemies to get more fps?

6. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

My game is a melee combat game. I put the all enemies in a large terrain, but the player only fight with 5 enemies at the same time based in the enemies location. All other enemies are far from these other group of enemies.
    Any tip of how I can disable and enable enemies to get more fps?

7. unicat

unicat

Hi, does someone have a working falling damage script ?
    Thank you.

8. karmik

karmik

Hey ther I bought the shooter template and trying to setup the character. I guess its something to do with my character. How can i fix this. Its a fantasy character i got it made specifically for this game. I dont see these errors in demo scenes

I am receiving the below error. My unity version is 2017.2.0f3.

Error 1:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.Start () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:90)

Bellow error is continuous. getting this error every frame.
    Error2:

Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.IgnoreHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:402)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.GetLookPoint () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:177)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.UpdateHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:139)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:165)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vThirdPersonInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vThirdPersonInput.cs:114)
    Invector.vShooter.vShooterMeleeInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/Shooter/vShooterMeleeInput.cs:103)

9. jnbbender

jnbbender

I've used this asset in the past but I am now diving in to a new project with it. I have imported it into an empty project using Unity 2018.1 and I'm receiving the following the error -

Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Melee Combat/Scripts/CharacterController/vMeleeClickToMove.cs(10,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `vClickToMoveInput' could not be found. Are you missing `Invector.CharacterController.ClickToMove' using directive?

has anyone experienced this before? Once this is fixed I know I also have a problem with the Project Settings. The input is not getting imported. Is this asset actually compatible with 2018.1?

10. karmik

karmik

Hi Guys, I am trying to add prefabs during item manager creation using inventory.

As soon as i try to drag a prefab from project menu to the popup window for intem manager, the window where i am supposed to drag the prefab disappears. I am not even clicking the prefab, i just try to drag it and the window disappears.

Has anyone experienced this. How to overcome this.
    I am using unity 2017.2

11. Invector

Invector

The TurnOnSpot animations are mostly for the new AI that is coming soon, we had to disable that feature for the Player because we're not getting the result we want. If you want to have smooth directional idle to walk/run you will need more animations, I recommend Kubolds moveset package ;)

You can disable the AI that is not within the Player range, you can do that with a simple sphere trigger.
    Our new AI system that is coming soon will have much better performance, but it's still a complex AI, so you will not be able to have like 50~100 AI's in the scene like a RTS game.

Try this one: http://invector.proboards.com/thread/175/working-fall-damage-script

I'm also got an import fail with 2018.1, hit the import button again from the asset store and make sure to check the ProjectSettings to import all the settings we need.
    Ps* I find that the current most stable version of Unity is 2017.4 ;)

Try 2017.4, it's the most stable version of Unity today.

karmik likes this.
  12. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

Thanks for the tip, I think it is easier to do that.

13. jnbbender

jnbbender

I'll give 2017.4 a shot

14. Luistrotamundos

Luistrotamundos

Good evening, before anything I want to congratulate you for the great work and the progress you have made with the controller.
    I only have one question, I compile your mobile scene to test the controller on a cell phone, but the left stick that is used for the movement does not respond.
    What I can do?
    Some data:
    - already import "the CrossPlatformScripts" following the instructions of "Vcomment" in the scene.
    -the scene was compiled successfully, all the buttons work, except the stick that mentioned
    -I'm using Unity 2018.1f

15. Invector

Invector

Hello :)
    Did you enable the mobile input in the mobile tab? I didn't get the chance to test the mobile on 2018.1 yet, but on 2017.4 it was working as expected.

16. Kondor0

Kondor0

I already have animations, the question is where to put them. The animator uses blend trees so I can't just replace transitions.

17. karmik

karmik

now i am getting the below errors after upgrading to 2017.4:

Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.Start () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:90)

My character only has spine1 and no spine2 if it makes any difference. I got a legacy character changed to mecanim compatible.

Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.IgnoreHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:402)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.GetLookPoint () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:177)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vHeadTrack.UpdateHeadTrack () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/HeadTrack/Scripts/vHeadTrack.cs:139)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:165)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vThirdPersonInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vThirdPersonInput.cs:114)
    Invector.vShooter.vShooterMeleeInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/Shooter/vShooterMeleeInput.cs:103)

I did add the characters head In head track script

Just created the character and hit play and endedup with this error

I also ran the ragdoll on character which attached the ragdoll sript. still the same.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  18. Luistrotamundos

Luistrotamundos

Yes, it is activated

19. unicat

unicat

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  20. Invector

Invector

I think you can create transitions from the FreeLocomotion state and use the InputMagnitude and TurnOnSpotDirection variables as parameters.

That's definitely a rig issue, I think we've talked on email just follow my instructions ;)

That's strange I recently tested on 2017.4 and it was working just fine, perhaps it's a new 2018.1 issue... can you email me with more details?

I've upgraded the code for you, it was just 2 lines of code and now it's working :)
    Take a look at the post of sickscore again, it's the second script and edit by me.

21. unicat

unicat

Great, thank you. :)

22. unicat

unicat

unicat said:
    How can i add a jumpsound and where is the landsound after jump located ?

Invector said:
    Select the Jump state of the Animator Controller and add a vTriggerSoundByState, you can also add multiple sound to play random :)

This works fine, thank you.

Another question:
    Can i add a sound too, if my character is running or sprinting ? I want to add a wheeze sound. Can`t find a run or sprint state.

23. pollywoggles

pollywoggles

I am using Unity Version 2018.1.0f2 (d4d99f31acba) Personal and see the attached errors when trying to run a demo scene (I had just downloaded the latest from the asset store).

Am I doing something wrong? or is this not compatible yet with my Unity version?

errors.GIF

24. daniozi117

daniozi117

I am applying the ladder functionality. Its good, but can anybody tell me if there is a possiblity for companion to climb up or climb down from ladder.

25. daniozi117

daniozi117

There very annoying behavior in new edition. Enemy AI and CompanionAI is move weirdly and after some time awake properly and do work according to their AI. and sometimes Companion AI does not follow the player it just keep prowling straight.

26. Invector

Invector

We still have some issues with 2018.1, I strongly recommend 2017.4 to have a better experience for now, at least until the next update arrives :)

Ladder or actions are not available for the AI yet, btw we're working on a new AI from scratch and it's looking pretty awesome, it should be available soon and meanwhile try focus on other aspects of your game

pollywoggles likes this.
  27. Invector

Invector

2017.4 and 2018.1 [QUICKFIX]

Hey guys if you're having issues when importing the template using 2018.1 or 2017.4, here is a quick fix for you:

Error > "ArgumentException: Input Axis Horizontal is not set up"
    Why!? > We're not sure why but 2018.1 is not fully importing the template, meaning that you may have to import twice and make sure to select the ProjectSettings which includes the InputManager.

- First Import:

- Second Import, uncheck Invector folder and make sure to check the ProjectSettings:

You may need to re-import again one of two times, but once imported the error is gone and now it's fully playable.

Another issue with 2018.1 that is more annoying then game breaker is the error:
    "TargetException: Non-static method requires a target."

To fix that open the vFootStepEditor and remove the line 78 [InitializeOnLoadMethod]

pollywoggles likes this.
  28. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi @Invector ,
    Perhaps the new AI update will be working out of the box on Unity 2018.2.
    Is there some estimated months for the AI update release ?

29. Empereur7

Empereur7

Hi all, after creating a character and the enemy thanks to Invector
    3rd person controller, my problem is at the level of the attack, on
    the inspector Enemy AI panel, in the AI controller display I check
    even the Aggressive box but the enemy does not attack brutally, while
    I want my enemy to attack my character like a real fight, but
    he's just turning around months, when I hit him and he hands a
    little punch always turning around me, how to
    that the enemy brutally attacks my character ?? help me if you
    please

30. daniozi117

daniozi117

There very annoying behavior in new edition. Enemy AI and CompanionAI is move weirdly and after some time awake properly and do work according to their AI. and sometimes Companion AI does not follow the player it just keep prowling straight.

31. anomas

anomas

Just delete the following lines on vShooterWeapon.cs or consider updating your asset, you're using an old version:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    pollywoggles likes this.
  32. Invector

Invector

The "Aggressive At First Sight" option is to have the AI chase you when he first see the Player, it will not turn the AI into a aggressive behavior. To effectively have a aggressive behaviour you can replace the attack animations and play with the Combat Settings min/max time to attack.

Make sure to bake your navmesh ;)

We already update this, make sure to backup your project and hit the update button in the AssetStore ;)

33. AS_ANDREY

AS_ANDREY

How did you solve the problem?

I have the same from the start (

ArgumentException: Input Axis LeftAnalogHorizontal is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
    Invector.vCharacterController.vInput.isJoystickInput () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vInput.cs:210)
    Invector.vCharacterController.vInput.OnGUI () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vInput.cs:88

)

I don't know how to solve it :(

34. Prefab

Prefab

Not sure how much you can reveal about this, but I am wondering if the current melee AI will work together with the new shooter AI? I imagine that the movement for example between the two would be very different. That said I am curious if it will be possible to create an AI that uses both a melee and a shooter weapon and switch between them as required?

35. Empereur7

Empereur7

36. zero_equals_zero

zero_equals_zero

Hello Invector

I've purchased the shooter kit, and absolutely love it. Outstanding work!
    However, I do have a few issues that I can't seem to debunk myself for now.

Is there a way to have the third person controller being affected by the nav mesh? I know it's possible for the enemies.
    I am looking for a good way to ensure the player can't walk onto area's he doesn't belong to. I could box out the entirety of my levels with colliders but that does seem so cumbersome.

When I add a nav mesh agent to the third person controller the movement is very jittery. It's like the camera very slighty goes up and down in a rapid fashion.

Another issue is that no matter what I try the camera starts at the feet of the character and then zooms out to the desired state.

If you want I can create a short video showcasing the issues and i'll send it to the support email if that helps you better.

All the best

37. Invector

Invector

I already posted the solution here: ;)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/third-person-templates-by-invector.349124/page-51#post-3499605

Not on the first release, but eventually we will create a ShooterMelee ;)

Hey there!

We don't offer support out of the box for the Player with Navmesh, we did a prototype for that a while ago and it worked all right, but we end it up not pushing to the store. It's something I want to add it again in the future, for sure!

It's not that complex to add though, I'm assuming you're using the Isometric demo scene with the ClickToMoveInput right? basically you just need to add a verification for agent and replace the methods that drive the character to use navmesh.

About your issue, try unchecking the "Start Smooth" option in the camera inspector, also you can position your camera to the starting position/rotation you want ;)

38. wood333

wood333

I have a question on the swimming feature. When I start the scene with my character on land, when he begins to move it triggers water drops falling from his body, even though he has not been in or near the water.

39. Invector

Invector

It's just a particle effect you can remove the waterdrops in the inspector ;)

40. fluidImages

fluidImages

Team,

I am getting close to integrated rewired and the wrapper/integration that Invector has provided!

I have nearly all the rewired items modified.. still a bit of work to do on inventory, but making progress. (and will likely just not support inventory, which I am fine with!)

The one area that I am having some difficulty with is
    Touch..
    when I add rewired touch controls-
    public class vShooterMeleeInput : vMeleeCombatInput causes the Rewired Touch controls not not be able to be touched/used..
    Does anyone have experience with or know what may cause this? (if I unchecked vShooterMeleeInput, the controls work... so its something within there.. slowly trying to debug, but if anyone has suggestions.

Sean

41. wood333

wood333

I like the effect, I just don't want the water drops until getting out of the water after a swim. I am getting the drops before I have swam, but just once when the scene first plays and I move.

42. magique

magique

@Invector I see posts from a while back saying AI system is mostly ready so I'm just curious if it has been submitted to the store yet?

43. Empereur7

Empereur7

Thanks a lot for the answer, I'll try and I'll get back to you

44. Tretiak

Tretiak

Hello, is there a way, I can set Inventory size ? I mean I can have only 2 shooter weapons - if i want pick another, I have to drop one first. Dropping shouldnt be a problem, I need to know how can I set maximum inventory size. Thanks

45. Empereur7

Empereur7

Thank you very much, I saw that even a good combat behavior of the AI by making your orders, thank you again

46. Empereur7

Empereur7

How to do the physics of a crazy ?, I create a weapon with a model fbx now how to do so that he can move like a whip? thank you in advance

47. Pakyman

Pakyman

Hi, after twenty attempt i am still not able to use gamepad since i get "Input axis is not setup".

Is crazy that after almost 100$ it remains stucked after 1 second, as sson as i touch a button on the pad.

48. Invector

Invector

Our Inventory example is designed to be unlimited regarding items, but you can limit the slots to equip a weapon by customizing the Inventory prefab.

I'm sorry but I didn't quite get your question... can you elaborate more?

Are you using 2018.1 right? this version is not fully importing the ProjectSettings and this is causing some very frustrating users, unfortunately... but fortunately, it's very simple to fix, check here:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/1680/2018-input-horizantal-setup-issue

49. Empereur7

Empereur7

50. magique

magique

I'm seeing an issue with characters failing to move correctly on ramps. I believe this issue has been in the system from the very beginning and is still behaving this way today. Perhaps there is a way to configure the character so this won't happen, but the defaults aren't working. I have made a video showing the issue using the character setup from one of the provided demo scenes to show it happening.

[EDIT]
    I found the issue. For some strange reason the asset I was using was set to a layer other than default. So the grounded checks never allowed the character to be grounded after getting a certain height above the actual floor or terrain. I have no idea why this third party model was using such a strange layer, but it was. After correcting that it works perfectly. Sorry for having brought up a non issue.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Invector likes this.