Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

You should definitely delete the previous Invector folder, this is a Core update and a big one!
    We have major changes in some structural classes to receive the new AI in the next update, not to mention we have add namespace on every vScript ;)

RonnyDance likes this.
  2. Invector

Invector

The new Update is now live on both vStore and AssetStore folks :D
    This version works from Unity 5.6.1 to 2018.b without any warnings :p

~enjoy

zenGarden likes this.
  3. Invector

Invector

We don't have multiplayer support out of the box, you can sure add if you know your way around multiplayer solutions.
    There is several users that already did the implementation ;)

4. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Thanks will try this tonight.

One litte question:
    Right now you are updating the AI which is really great. You also added an Archery system.
    Are you planing to add a Spellcasting system? Adding easy Spell Animations / Effects, DMG Values, Castime, Cooldown Time options to create an easy and powerfull casting system?
    In my opinion this is only missing beside Multiplayer Support. I know there is an Spell Casting Addon in your forums but like Archery for me it's important to know if you plan to add this feature "officially" by you.

Cheers
    Ronny

5. Invector

Invector

The community add-on Shade's Spell System is becoming very popular on our forum, and the creators are very active and always updating to work on last versions, just like the FPS Add-on by sjmtech so there is really no reason to add an official version of those features right now which is a great thing because it leaves room to work on other features :)

zenGarden likes this.
  6. Invector

Invector

If you're getting these 3 errors after importing the latest update on 2017.1 and 2017.2:

It's very simple to fix it, just open the 2 scripts and replace the following line

#if UNITY_2017_1_OR_NEWER
    to
    #if UNITY_2017_3_OR_NEWER

7. CatchierSnail

CatchierSnail

Thank you for this asset. I've wasted so much money buying cheaper ones that don't do as they say. I DL, watched 2 videos and in under an hour i had this little 3rd person shooter test scene up + basic AI. One happy customer here!

Invector and zenGarden like this.
  8. Invector

Invector

Happy to see that you're having fun @CatchierSnail :p
    The Shooter AI will be here soon, to make your scene a little bit more challenge!

btw* If you guys ever have a hard time with something or want to get a second opinion of your prototype, don't be afraid of sharing your experiences on your Official Forum > http://invector.proboards.com/

It's a Great community filled with awesome users sharing custom add-ons and ideas :D

CatchierSnail and zenGarden like this.
  9. rrabassa

rrabassa

I know that I can get the stamina and health using vHealthController somehow, but I'm not sure how to go about using this script for my own HUD. Do you have any documentation on this or is it in one of the DEMO scenes that I could study?

Thanks
    rich

10. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi!

I deleted the Invector folder in my Assets and imported all three back into my project (everything except project settings). But under "Check For Updates" the version are still the old ones. Also I lost the Basic Controller option again.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 6.11.19 PM.png

Okay I think I figure it out - I was updating via the New Asset Store, I switched to the Old Asset Store and that let me get the updates...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  11. zenGarden

zenGarden

I also had some issues with another plugin update.
    Delete Invector plugin folder under explorer and re download it.

12. rrabassa

rrabassa

Good tip. Thanks Zen!
    -rich

13. Malbers

Malbers

Invector and julianr like this.
  14. zenGarden

zenGarden

15. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello!

I've been trying to work with the vHealthcontroller component. I need to know the current health of the player so that I can trigger certain events at certain health levels. How can I read these values from another object (or script)?

Thanks,
    Rich

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 11.15.32 AM.png

16. wood333

wood333

The Inventory Pro events I needed are in its canvas. For the "Inventory Window" there are two events: On Show Actions() and On Hide Actions(). To lock Invector camera and char input when Inventory Pro inventory window is open drag and select like this:

Inv Inv Window.JPG

The same Inventory Pro events can be used to add a small script to make the cursor visible and not visible when the Inventory Pro window is open and the Invector camera and player input are locked.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  17. zenGarden

zenGarden

Code (CSharp):
    2. vHealthcontroller invectorHealthController = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player").GetComponent<vHealthcontroller>();
    So you can use vHealthcontroller variables
    Code (CSharp):
    1. myVariable = invectorHealthController.currentHealth

18. rrabassa

rrabassa

Awesome!
    Thanks!

19. Invector

Invector

20. zenGarden

zenGarden

Thanks.
    Invector camera near clipping plane was 0.03 , while Unity default camera is 0.3 , no more flickering when changing the value :)

21. SecretAnorak

SecretAnorak

Hi everyone. If you fancy trying out UMA with Invector controller then this might get you started:

Invector and julianr like this.
  22. Invector

Invector

Awesome @SecretAnorak thanks for bringing this integration to the community :)

SecretAnorak likes this.
  23. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Invector
    About the shooter template :
    Is there an option to allow less precise firing without aiming, standing or while walking ?
    Is there some attack move using the weapon as a melee weapon ?

24. Invector

Invector

There are several options to play with the weapon precision, dispersion, recoil, camera sway but those values are fixed while standing or walking.
    If you add a MeleeWeapon component into your weapon, with a custom hitbox you can use it as a melee weapon.
    Take a look at the AnimatorController Attacks, there are RifleAttack and Pistol attacks but they are just examples and we use the default Kick animation, you can replace to your weapon animation.

zenGarden likes this.
  25. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Invector what would make it that my rigged character does not hold the gun correctly? Is there a place I can edit the location of the gun to the hands?

26. Invector

Invector

Yes, there is! Please watch this tutorial, and after if you still having trouble with, contact us at inv3ctor@gmail.com with more details of your issue :)

27. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

would like to ask about the new AI. Does the new AI support boss-style AI?

28. Invector

Invector

Hmmm, Boss? Yeah... I think it does :cool:

Here is a Preview of our W.I.P Node editor for the new AI 2.0 :D

zenGarden, Cartoon-Mania and sjm-tech like this.
  29. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

wow great!! I look forward to that day. I have one more question. The visual editor looks attractive. Is it possible to have a merchant or village NPC as well as an enemy AI?

30. zenGarden

zenGarden

Merchant is not really AI related.

@Invector
    That's a great AI addon.
    I hope there will be more actions later, for example random position around min and max distance for ranged AI.

31. Invector

Invector

Village or Civilian NPC is basically a AI that patrols and flee if takes damage, we have that as the Basic&Flee Behaviour that it will be included on the day1 AI release, and on our tests we manage to get 100 vbot mobiles on scene at solid 60fps which is great :D

You can count on that, we actually have plans to create several more actions later on as add-ons.

zenGarden likes this.
  32. zenGarden

zenGarden

@Invector

1) Will AI get a priority selector ?
    One interrogation i have is the AI state "Any State", can it make multiple checks and choose multiple actions and let us define a priority ?
    For example :
    - health below 30% : flee : priority 1
    - health below 50% : drink potion animation : priority 2

2) Will AI be able to regroup actions as one action group or sequence for melee AI ?
    Something to allow make some Dark Souls like AI
    - sequence 1 : light attack + light attack + strong attack
    - sequence 2 : strong attack + strong attack
    - sequence 3 : jump attack + light attack

3) Will AI get a random actions selector ?
    - melee light attack : random chance = 50%
    - strong attack : random chance = 50%
    - sequence : combo attack 1 = 20%
    - nothing random successful : fallback and choose default attack
    It evaluates one after each other actions, when one action random result is successful, it is performed and it exits the check.

It's not essential, but those feature allow to customize a better AI and make it less predictable using the random sequence.

33. daniozi117

daniozi117

I am using both shooter and melee component on one character. Everything is working perfectly but the problem is sometimes I pressed the button to punch but the character blocks and this is very annoying. I do not know what to do and is this because of any collider?
    How to fix it?

34. Invector

Invector

With a node editor and multiple decisions you can create several different behaviors, I can't confirm that all of those will work out of the box on the first update, but it will for sure be a hell of an improvement :)

It looks like a layer issue, make sure you don't have any collider using the layer "Default" inside your character

zenGarden likes this.
  35. daniozi117

daniozi117

there is no collider using layer "Default". Hands and foots hit boxes have ignore ray cast layer and rest of game objects have layer "Player". The error is still there.
    any else you want to tell me. Thanks by the way. But stuck in same issue

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  36. Invector

Invector

Unless your melee manager is setup with one of those tags/layers, it shouldn't activate the recoil animation at all

37. larsmidnatt

larsmidnatt

I am having a problem with the Melee combat demo. The game over scene doesn't maintain the changes to max health from the prior stage. I followed the comments found on that scene but it did not help.

The Demo end scene is missing a game controller, but even if I copy the one from the first demo scene it doesn't resolve the issue.

I even tried deleting the "game over" scenes camera and ui and replacing them with the ones from the first scene.

38. subhan1

subhan1

Hi @Invector
    i am facing this problem when i am creating a new character for my game .
    i had never faced this error while using invector before , but all of a sudden now i am facing this error . don't know what happened . the error says "The character template is null or incomplete "
    thanks

Attached Files:

39. Invector

Invector

@larsmidnatt I will investigate further this issue ;)

That looks like a very Very old version of the template, we don't use character templates anymore.
    Update your template to the last version to get access to the latest bug fixes and new features ;)

40. Prefab

Prefab

Hi @Invector , I am wondering with the new Shooter AI if this will be a new separate template or if it will be an update to the existing shooter template? Either way, what will happen to the existing melee AI once this is released, will it be replaced by this or be maintained and updated separately? This has probably been asked before so apologies, but will the Shooter AI use a cover system?

Another AI question. Is it planned for the separate add ons such as climbing and swimming to also be integrated with the AI at any point, for example to allow the AI to climb or swim after the player?

wood333 likes this.
  41. unicat

unicat

How can i add a jumpsound and where is the landsound after jump located ?

42. sdcrume

sdcrume

Hey @Invector and community, sorry if this has been asked but I have searching for a way to create a grappling hook that can be used with the Invector Top Down Shooter. If anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this or how to create an addon for Invector I would greatly appreciate it. I have attempted to integrate several of the grappling hook tutorials that work with the unity standard assets first person controller but nothing is working quite right. TIA

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  43. Invector

Invector

We're trying to create things as modular as they can be, meaning that we want to add an AI Template to the store as a separated package for developers that just want a cool AI out of the box to use on other projects like VR or FPS, with other controllers as well... at the same time, we also want to release at least the basic of this new AI as a free update for developers that already have our templates.

Add-ons are definitely in the plan, we want to create advanced behaviors like searching, flee, group, etc...
    Selec the Jump state of the Animator Controller and add a vTriggerSoundByState, you can also add multiple sound to play random :)

I think that a great starting point to create a hook is with our Zipline Add-on and modify from there, also a hook add-on would be very cool to do it, I think about that for the future :)

Prefab likes this.
  44. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

How well does this work with non humanoid player characters? Looking for a top down shooter kit to use with some mech models I have.

45. zenGarden

zenGarden

Great.
    Any estimated date release ? After summer ?

46. Invector

Invector

It doesn't work with Legacy or Generic models, but if your model is a Robot that has 2 legs, 2 arms, head a torso it can be set to humanoid and works perfectly ;)

The AI is almost ready, we just need to polish a little more and create the documentation, the add-ons we don't have a date yet.

zenGarden likes this.
  47. Invector

Invector

48. Hitch42

Hitch42

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did try searching but couldn't find an answer.

The animations that come with this seem to be for an athletic male. Are there any female-specific animations included with it, or does anyone have a good tutorial for switching them? Also, has anyone done other types of animations, such as a child?

49. Invector

Invector

The template comes with humanoid animations that you can retarget to any Unity humanoid rig model, so robots, childs, cartoon, etc... any model that has 2 legs, 2 arms, torso and head.
    You can easily replace animations by following any AnimatorController (Mecanim) tutorial, it's really simple to do.

If you're new to Unity or the AnimatorController, here is a quick beginners tutorial:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/animator-component?playlist=17099

Hitch42 likes this.
  50. ZGoodwin

ZGoodwin

@Invector Do you have any insight into implementing procedural animation into the TPC?