Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi @Invector
    Great work on the climbing addon.
    Now you need to make a air glider addon :)

Is there some estimated date for Tps shooter AI ?
    Also will you plan later some optionnal multiplayer addon ?

2. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Thanks zen Garden,
    it should ... you can sets minimum and maximum climbable surface angle.

(from invector official addon post)

magique and zenGarden like this.
  3. magique

magique

Has 1.1.5 been submitted to the asset store or still in development?

4. Invector

Invector

We will upload next week ;)

sjm-tech and magique like this.
  5. TauseefCVS

TauseefCVS

how to add Animation like I want to add superhero animation in invector melee combat. I am still tried to import animation but still not succeed. not understand the animation states of locomotion, anyone please help me

6. drewradley

drewradley

The zip line doesn't seem to work with characters instantiated at runtime. I edited the code so it finds the zipline controller when they are spawned but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions to fix this?

7. Invector

Invector

Make sure your animations are set to humanoid with the correct Avatar, you can read more about it here:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-Avatar.html

The zipline should work just fine with instantiated characters, make sure you setup everything correctly.
    The only thing that we grab from the scene is the zipline handler but that can easily be added with events and a gameObject that can be inside the character.

8. Invector

Invector

Shooter v1.1.5 ARCHERY UPDATE - 09/01/2017

* Happy New Year!!
    * Make sure to BACKUP your current project!!

- add Archery support with collectable arrows
    * Archery is Shooter supported only, we need the aim and IK system from the shooter project in order to work.

- add secondary shot with vRifle example
    - add support for charge shot and multiple projectiles (see vRifle example)

- add leaning animations for walk, run and sprint animations
    - add new unarmed moveset for free, strafe and crouch
    - add new pick up item animations

- add SetLockShooterInput, SetLockMeleeInput and SetLockBasicInput to call on Events and lock individual inputs
    - add ShowCursor, LockCursor and SetLockCameraInput methods to call on Events

(if you're creating a isometric or topdown shooter game that needs to show the cursor, check those boxs)

- add new CheckGroundMethod with options to Low and High detections levels

- add new 2.5 with path and camera triggers demo scene for BasicLocomotion
    - updated AmmoManager to automatically creates a ammoType
    - updated vPlatform to work with the FreeClimb Add-on
    - updated all animator controllers (*important - make sure to update your old animator based on the new)
    - fix camera bugs
    - fix animator looping some animations on 2017.3

9. zenGarden

zenGarden

Nice :)

But why AI is taking so long ? should we instead integrate other plugins ready AI like Tps cover ?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  10. drewradley

drewradley

Not for me. Even in an empty project with nothing but your assets. I tested it by simply disabling the player in the demo scene before start and the renenable it at runtime. And it doesn't work.

11. Invector

Invector

Because it's freaking hard to do :confused:

Try changing the Start method to Awake ;)

drewradley and TeagansDad like this.
  12. zenGarden

zenGarden

If you know how to manage it, it's not so hard ;)

Scripting all AI in linear code, i don't think it's a good choice while it still works for some AI plugins while it's not very modular and longer to maintain and improve, or bug fix.
    I would recommend using scriptable objects, or better use high level AI systems and tools.

I don't know if you almost finished it, but here is some reading and links to help you :)

1) Scriptable objects instead of linear code

2) Free Goap plugin :
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/77376

3) Crash-Konijn Goap open source plugin
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/a-new-open-source-goap-goal-oriented-action-planner-for-ai.493951/

https://github.com/crashkonijn/GOAP

4) splored Goap open source
    https://github.com/sploreg/goap

5) Support a general open source designer tools
    http://behavior3.com/

6) You could add support for behaviour tree in text files like Panda BT , but this would need you to create the system to handle those files like Panda BT
    (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/33057 )

7) Use EQS like grid for AI decisions and positioning
    Read Apex shooter tutorial
    http://apexgametools.com/learn/apex-utility-ai-documentation/apex-utility-ai-unity-survival-shooter/

If it's asks too much work and time, you should consider propose a complete and editable AI solution as a paid addon perhaps.
    Anyway feel free to PM me if you need some more infos.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Invector likes this.
  13. Triconcept

Triconcept

Lol Zen it's the fact that Invector won't release something until they feel it's ready. No, A.I. is not simple when you are coding it to be complex and unique. They are designing a system so the A.I. will hear the player, call the other A.I, and of course shoot the player. Also they are coding the system so it will have much better framerate. Don't want to wait? Then figure out the best integration and let us know what it is. :p
    Emerald A.I. seems alright but once done Invector's A.I. will be much better imo.
    Reason is because they don't make something good. They make it great and they don't rush.

14. macodys

macodys

Somehow when the player strafes he only rolls in one direction and it can't roll back as it used to is this intentional?

15. Invector

Invector

What version are on using? I just tested here and it's working as expected

16. zenGarden

zenGarden

Behaviour trees , Goap or other similar tools is what is used for AAA games, you design AI instead of coding it.
    And you can still make very unique AI with those tools indeed.

This is detection , alert detection systems, while fire is an action.
    There is nothing new about making AI , but there is lot of ways to do it.

You don't know about frame rate until you can test it yourself, my main concern is about a great AI not the best frame rate. I can already integrate Third Person Cover plugin with Invector, it's working great , it's like Uncharted games with new infiltration options. I'm not sure Invector will do better or more than Tps cover.

It's about rpg games, it's not AI made for tactic shooting games while it has ranged AI.

They announced it too early, they started working on it long time ago, i think they are doing it in another way because it was not good.
    Anyway if the AI would get some high level visual designer, anyone would be able to create their own AI behaviours, but perhaps this is too much work and they must go the simple way with scripts parameters you tweak.

17. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello,

I just created a new Melee Combat Controller and some of the actions play continuously once activated. Specifically I've noticed this will the Roll and the Attacks. Once triggered they don't stop and all other input is ignored.

Any suggestions?
    thanks,
    rich

18. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi again,

I just upgraded the Melee Combat package and imported into my project. Now I get an error:
    Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/Shooter/vShooterMeleeInput.cs(115,68): error CS0103: The name `lockInputByItemManager' does not exist in the current context

Help?
    thanks,
    rich

Nateply likes this.
  19. Invector

Invector

Make sure to delete the folder Invector before importing a update, or if possible create a new project to avoid any conflicts with previous versions ;)

20. rrabassa

rrabassa

That worked!

Thank you!

Other question, I don't seem to hear all the various sound effects for hits, punches, etc.. Example, My Enemy AI hits and causes damage but I don't hear any soundFX when he makes contact..

-rich

21. Malbers

Malbers

Done! the integration for Invector's Bow ;) (Updated to the last version of each asset)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  22. Invector

Invector

You need to add the vHitEffects into your hitbox ;)

@Malbers awesome job as always! :D

Malbers likes this.
  23. ProDevelopers

ProDevelopers

Hi,
    I'm a developer recently switched to GameDev,
    Want to know how can I integrate this with Bolt ?
    Any Tutorial or video? Where can I start?

24. Invector

Invector

There is no official multiplayer yet, also we don't have plans to be adding anytime soon ;)

25. Invector

Invector

New tutorials!

zenGarden, Mister-D, magique and 2 others like this.
  26. ProDevelopers

ProDevelopers

27. Invector

Invector

Oh right! that's pretty much like PlayMaker or Adventure Creator right? you can just assign the controller and call functions, we have a few generic methods like LockCamera, LockInput, LockMovement, SetMoveSpeed, etc...
    So yep, you can use it together :)

28. CodeAfrolliC

CodeAfrolliC

29. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

Hi @Invector

Feature request

Now that Cinemachine has been part of Unity for a while, and I assume a lot of people use this for gameplay and cutscene cameras. It's also recommended or required to use only Cinemachine cams if you want to transition smothly to and from all cams. I like the camera that's included with Invector, but I need these transitions.

Would you consider making an official Cinemachine addon, or make it part of the core package?

Besides the initial development time, it could free you from working on the camera, and keep focus on character movement. This might not be an issue for you, since your camera system was probably stable quite some time ago.

An issue I have with using Cinemachine with Invector
    The only issue I have at the moment is that movement seems to be a bit choppy compared to when I use the Invector camera. This is most visible when I have both vertical and horizontal movement. I've set Cinemachine to use LateUpdate, but is there something in the controller that could cause this?

30. Invector

Invector

That could be the case for the future but not right now since Cinemachine was integrated with Unity 2017.1, and today we still have support for 5.5.1 and this would force people to upgrade (there is a lot of users that are currently on development and can't upgrade)

We just recently manage to stabilize our camera with the character controller that uses physics and the shooter user a custom IK and takes a loooot of time to setup correctly, it was a real pain to remove the jitters so we definitely don't want to mess with camera again so soon xD

Try setup the cinemachine camera to be on FixedUpdate, maybe it will give a smoother experience.
    Also, since the character use physics make sure to check the update mode of the animator to Animated Physics.

31. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi!

I'm using the Melee controller - works greats. However I'm having an issue with locking the input on the melee input manager for cut scenes. Specifically, when the player triggers a cut scene, I need the player to stop until the scene is over.

I'm doing this using Playmaker to enable the Lock Input and then play the timeline for the cut scene. But my player does not stop. I can see in the inspector that the Lock Input checkbox is checked (by Playmaker) but the player does not stop and in the Debug Window I can see that lockMovement always remains False.

If I check the Lock Input check box in the Melee Input Manager by hand (while in play mode), it will disable as expected although the LockMovement flag in the Debug Window does not change.
    Any suggestions?

thanks,
    rich

32. rrabassa

rrabassa

Following up on my lockMovement issue in the Timeline, my work around is to disable/enable the ThirdPersonContoller And Melee Controller scripts whenever I want to take control of the player within a cutscene, but this does not seem to me to be a good approach. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    rich

33. Invector

Invector

@rrabassa well there is not much to say, just assign the character into the player maker and selete tpInput > lockMovement or lockCamera, I think you're setting up the methods instead of the variables ;)

34. rrabassa

rrabassa

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find tpInput. Here is a screen shot of what I get when I use the set property funcion in playmaker on the melee combat Input script. I see tpCamera, lockInput (which I've tried) but no tpInput.

Screenshot.jpg

35. Invector

Invector

@rrabassa The answer is on your screenshot, you can lockInput, lockCameraInput and also lockMeleeInput

danreid70 likes this.
  36. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

That makes sense, thanks for the answer. It makes sense to do this if/when the asset has a minimum version of 2017.1

I checked, and I was actually using FixedUpdate. Setting the update mode to Animated Physics didn't seem to change anything. Just to specify this explicitly, in case it helps:
    The problem does not occur if the character is idle, and I rotate the camera around it. Moving forwards and to the sides with just the directional buttons is also ok. I only see the problem when I move forwards, and sideways by moving the mouse to the sides, moving both the camera and the character.

@Invector Guess you might have missed this response. Any more tips? Maybe I should ask in the Cinemachine forums and see if they have any tips?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  37. rrabassa

rrabassa

Yes I’ve been doing that but even thought I see them checking and Unchecking, the player still has control.

I will try again with all

Ah okay, I didn't realize I needed to set all three. Btw I can see Lock Input and Lock Camera Input in the inspector, but I don't see LockMeleeInput however I CAN see all three in the Set Property dropdown list in Playmaker. Is it under some other panel within the inspector?

So I have Playmaker turn these three locks on/off during the cutscenes and all is working except that the player will continue moving/animating during the cutscene even though the controls are all locked. When I reset all the locks, then the player stops.

Is there an additional checkbox in the Melee Controller that needs to be checked to stop all animations?

Thanks,
    rich

38. rrabassa

rrabassa

Okay, I caved in and wrote some code :)

This seems to work so far. I call the Lock and unLock methods from Playmaker as needed. The SetWalkByDefault method was the only thing that seemed to stop my Player from continually walking during the cutscenes.

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using Invector.CharacterController;

public class LockPlayerControls : MonoBehaviour {

public vThirdPersonInput vController;
    public vThirdPersonInput vControllerComponent;

void Start (){

vControllerComponent = vController.GetComponent<vMeleeCombatInput>();

}

public void Lock(){
    Debug.Log ("Locking Inputs");
    vControllerComponent.SetWalkByDefault(true);
    vControllerComponent.SetLockBasicInput (true);
    }

public void unLock(){

Debug.Log ("unLocking Inputs");
    vControllerComponent.SetLockBasicInput (false);
    vControllerComponent.SetWalkByDefault(false);
    }
    }

I can't get lockMeleeInput to work in my script tho... So my player can still swing his weapon during the cutscenes.
    These are the only lock options that come up in Monodevelop:

Untitled.jpg

39. Invector

Invector

Hey @rrabassa you're making it way more complicated then it is, I just update the Integration package so you can simple import and see the examples but basically you're calling the wrong methods.

We've already add generic methods that you can call using Playmaker, Adventure Creator or Events, such as:

You can see the full integration here:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/355/playmaker-integration

40. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hey thanks for this - I knew there must be a more straight forward way. I will check out the integration package.
    Invector just has so much in it, it's a bit bewildering (but in a good way).

rich

Invector likes this.
  41. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi Me again :)

I work with Unity and Invector on both on Mac and Windows (for different project types).

This is a problem I've encountered on the Mac side.

I've run into a new problem with the basic controller. I created a fresh project, downloaded the latest basic controller and imported. But now in the top menu bar under Invector, I only see Resources and Help:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.55.37 AM.png

I have no way of creating a new controller. I ran into this problem with another project so I thought there might be a conflict with other packages - hence, a brand new Unity project.

The project has nothing in it other than Invector. The Demo scenes work fine:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.57.51 AM.png
    And I'm on the latest version of Unity:

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 8.58.44 AM.png

Any ideas?
    thanks.
    rich

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  42. Invector

Invector

@rrabassa That's a Mac OS bug, to fix it open the vCreateBasicCharacterEditor and replace the MenuItem line to the following:

[MenuItem("Invector/Basic Locomotion/Create Basic Controller", false, 0)]

43. rrabassa

rrabassa

That’s pretty screwy- thanks for the fix. I’ll give it a try.

Rich

PS: Just tried it and it worked! Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  44. daniozi117

daniozi117

hey.
    i bought this asset a week ago. I am making a game in which combat fighting and shooting is happening both. Can anybody tell me how to configure AI Shooting Enemy.

45. daniozi117

daniozi117

////
    hey ... !
    have you make AI Shooter

46. Invector

Invector

Shooter AI is current on development ;)

47. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the EnemyAI and the Waypoints. It seems my EnemyAI doesn't see the waypoints until he has already hit the edge of the navmesh. He walks (slowly) in a straight line, then when he hits the Navemesh, he seems confused and eventually starts looking for waypoints. Here is a test below to best illustrator.

He doesn't hit the edge of the mesh until around 25 seconds into the vid and he doesn't start going to waypoints until about 1 minute into the video.

Way points are sequential not random and the patrol and chase speeds are maxed out at 1.5 - though you'll see that he walks very slowly until he starts the waypoint circuit.

Video:

Screen-Shot-2018-02-06-at-9.49.27-AM.jpg

Also, he doesn't chase/see the player until he's already running the waypoint circuit.
    Also lastly, when he does chase, he gets close but then stops. He'll start chasing again after the player has moved a bit away.

thanks,

rich

48. daniozi117

daniozi117

can you tell me when you guys will complete it ?

49. Invector

Invector

@rrabassa make sure your waypoint is actually on a reachable height

There is no release date yet

50. rrabassa

rrabassa

PS: Here are my EnemyAI settings, just incase I've messed something up:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 1.56.41 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018