Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. drewradley

drewradley

I recall there needing something that I had to do to use NPC over 2 units tall. Is that still the case and can you remind me what it is so I don't need to dig through all the posts? Thanks!

2. Invector

Invector

I'm pretty sure we already add this fix into the latests updates... if you're still getting this issue make sure your collider and navmesh agent height is matching the foot of your model

3. drewradley

drewradley

Not getting issues because I haven't tested them yet. I was just setting up my enemies and remembered that used to be an issue and thought I ask if it still was. Glad to hear it's not!

4. Malbers

Malbers

Hey Guys!. Hopefully this week HAP3 should be out!.. (3 Week ago I uploaded it to the store)

Meanwhile here are the brand new tutorials for HAP3 (Sorry for my Spanglish ;))

antoripa, Invector and neoshaman like this.
  5. enzoravo

enzoravo

hello, i'm really interested in buy your third person shooter template, i have tried the demo on the asset store for the melee and the shooter template, they are really good, as i understand the shooter template has included the melee functionality too, if that is correct i have a simple question:

can i remove the stamina consumption for the melee attack ?

i'm asking because i want to make a third person shooter game, but the melee combat will take place when the player ran out of bullets and i want the melee combat to be more "arcade style" than real.

thanks in advance for the help.

6. Invector

Invector

Sure the stamina can be removed, just leave the StaminaCost value to 0 and remove it from the hud :)

Malbers likes this.
  7. enzoravo

enzoravo

thank you for the information @Invector, i will buy it!

Malbers likes this.
  8. Invector

Invector

Malbers likes this.
  9. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

Hey! I think this Asset is well put together and I love the mechanics, But I was wondering is there any plans to make the target lock system have an option that allows you to target individual body parts?

10. Invector

Invector

Hmmm not really @BlackPasture, this is a very specific feature and we only add more generic stuff into the template.
    Although you already have a great starting point to create this feature since we have damage per body member and the lock-on system included on the Shooter Template ;)

11. skaljac

skaljac

Awesome template.
    Is there any update on Simple AI Shooter for Shooter Template?

12. Invector

Invector

We're working on it ;)

skaljac likes this.
  13. zenGarden

zenGarden

What type of covers will it use ? Premade or more CPU demanding AI able to dynamically find them ? or both ?

14. Invector

Invector

It's still earlier to talk about cover, we will first make for the player and them adap or create another for the AI.

Btw, our Video Showcase is on :)
    Here are some of the projects that our customers are working on.

15. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

@Invector I'm experiencing a problem with ragdolls when the character dies. The hip GameObject isn't deleted, and remains at the scene root with Tag: Player and Layer: Player. This happens at each death.

I tried this with the v3rdPersonController-Demo scene, and got the same result, so there shouldn't be anything with my scene/config. In this case the GameObject in question is VBOT_:Hips with the included prefab.

I assume the might be a bug in the respawn logic somewhere? I'm using Unity 2017.1, and the newest version of the Third Person Controller.

Invector works nicely with the Cinemachine 2.0 FreeLook camera by the way. Picking stuff apart now to add custom cameras and stat systems. I like how you've separated out the different parts of the controller, so it's easy to choose what to remove.

16. Invector

Invector

This is a 1.1c issue, we already fix and send a hotfix update 1.1d to approvel and it should be online soon :)

17. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

Brilliant. Thanks!

18. Invector

Invector

Looks like it's already available on the AssetStore :)
    Don't forget to backup your current project!

Here is the changelog:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Weblox likes this.
  19. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

It doesn't look like it's completely fixed. While testing the "v3rdPersonController-Demo" scene, the same problem still occurs, where VBOT_:Hips is duplicated every time you die. In "vMeleeCombat_DemoScene" it works.

I also created a fresh project, and only imported the Invector Melee Controller, but I still got the same issues. The readme file showed the changelog for v2.2d.

Do I need to do something for the fix to work, like recreating the ragdoll or something like that?

Good job on the editor GUI by the way.

20. Invector

Invector

The issue is that the character model continues in the scene even after you die and reload? did you try check the "Destroy Body after dead" in the vGameController?

21. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

The issue is that the Hip object continues in the scenes after I die and respawn.

The "Destroy body after dead" is enabled. This happens when I step on the spikes in the v3rdPersonController-Demo scene. I also tried created a controller from scratch with Invector -> Basic Locomotion -> Create Basic Controller, but the same thing happened. It did not happen when I got beaten to death in the scene vMeleeCombat_DemoScene, so maybe there's a difference depending on how you die?

Edit: The problem occurs when I step on a spike (spike_floor, spike_fixed or spike_wall) and die.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  22. Invector

Invector

Oh right!, in this case open the vRagdoll and add this anywhere:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnDestroy()
    2.         {
    3.             if(iChar.removeComponentsAfterDie)
    4.                 Destroy(characterHips.gameObject);
    5.         }
    It can only be destroy if you check the removeComponentsAfterDie on the Player Inspector, leave it false if you want to revive the character ;)

Corvwyn and Weblox like this.
  23. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

Thanks!

24. Invector

Invector

You guys probably know that are several cool Add-ons made by users on the vForum right?
    Stuff like Vehicles, MiniMap, FPS, Inventory Wheel, Double Jump, Flymode, etc...
    (http://invector.proboards.com/board/10/addons)

We always ship the templates with the core mechanics of each version, Locomotion, Melee & Shooter.
    And now we also created Offical Add-ons of specific mechanics that are plug & play, we decide along with the community to keep it separated from the main packages to keep things clean and focused.

Official Add-on Swimming by Invector
    (sellfy.com/p/mjTi/)
    (soon on the asset store)

Official Add-on Zipline by Invector
    (https://sellfy.com/p/Dm8s/)
    (soon on the asset store)

25. neoshaman

neoshaman

Can the swimming emulate the dolphin like jump of majora's mask ?

26. Invector

Invector

That's very specfic :p - I guess you could do if you have the animations, this would be a great place to start.

27. Aaron2348

Aaron2348

is there a way of spawning the enemy after death with the V On Dead Trigger?

28. neoshaman

neoshaman

I meant in term of physics not animation, Just asking for a friend lol, it's also how the physics works in soul reaver too. If you can't that's okay lol.

29. Jasper1hu

Jasper1hu

Hi, The AI companion and AI enemies are jittering when they follow the player in between the camera. Is there a fix for this problem? is this happened because the camera uses FixedUpdate and AI use navmesh agent which is Update()?

Ps: if I change the FixedUpdate in thirdPersonCamera to Update this fix the problem with AI, but the character start to jittering.....

30. wood333

wood333

Part of the shooter import is a list of the project settings, unlike your documentation, (which shows four), I get what appears to be a separate check box for all of the project setting categories. By default, the project settings boxes are all checked for import, but if I import with all of them checked the import breaks my water asset.

To prevent having my water asset break I unchecked "quality" and "graphics." Now, my water asset works and the Melee Shooter Demo scene still plays as expected.

This begs my question, Which of the import project setting check boxes actually must be checked for the Shooter Template to function properly? For instance, I have proven that graphics and quality do not need to be checked, and I understand that Input and Levels & Tags need to be checked, but what of the others? What say you?

Tor9148 likes this.
  31. Invector

Invector

Sure, just create a script with a instantiate method and call on the Event ;)

Hmmm there is not much physics going on in the swimming actually, we manipulate the rigibody using inputs or animations, otherwise he just stand there floating. Like I say it's a great place to start your own swimming since you can detect every state like onWater, aboveWater, underWater, etc...

Hmmm that's odd we don't receive any reports of AI jittering, are you running at least with 30 frames per second?
    I will take a look into this issue, btw make sure to check the UpdateMode > Animate Physics on the AnimatorController, we notice some jittering when using the Normal option.

Input, Layer & Tags and Physics are definitelly very important, the rest just goes with the package because there is no option to select specifics when we export the package.

neoshaman and wood333 like this.
  32. Invector

Invector

Here is a little preview of the next update :)

UnleadedGames, abatcat and Malbers like this.
  33. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

Hi, I begin to use the scene "vMeleeCombat_Mobile_WithInventory" from the Third Person Controller.
    But when I try to change my scene to my menu scene, I see 3 objects that are carried over to the menu scene.

They are:

Inventory_Melee_Mobile(Clone)
    GameController InstanceX
    vThirdPersonMelee Instance

I want to know how I can destroy these objects when I change my scene?
    I don't want to carry them to another scene. I like to make my scenes indepedent.

34. Invector

Invector

Just remove or comment the following code from each script > vThirdPersonController, vInventory and vGameController

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (instance == null)
    2.             {
    3.                 instance = this;
    4.                 DontDestroyOnLoad(this.gameObject);
    5.                 this.gameObject.name = gameObject.name + " Instance";
    6.             }
    7.             else
    8.             {
    9.                 Destroy(this.gameObject);
    10.                 return;
    11.             }                

35. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

It works, thank you.

36. Invector

Invector

I know you guys are waiting for the new AI with Shooter, but it's giving us more work then expected lol
    So to rest our minds a little bit from the AI, we work on different things this week like TopDown & 2.5D Shooter

Next update should hit the stores next week (a little more for the asset store), bringing:

37. zenGarden

zenGarden

Did you choose how to implement AI already ?

Using some ideas from Killzone 2 , i made my own very simplified Environement Query System (with two versions, one is level pre calculated static grid system , and dynamic one with each AI generating a surrounding grid at run time )
    https://www.cgf-ai.com/docs/killzone_ai_gdc2005_slides.pdf

It helps me to get AI bots able to navigate without beeing blocked by other Ai bots, they can strafe, roll, flee to a safer position, seek a free position slot around the player within a distance, seek for a free cover point, regroup or supress fire while another AI group bot is moving.

Covers are pre made tagged prefabs and there is dynamic covers like trees where a bot can calculate the opposite position to hide from player for example.
    I also use asyncrohnous raytrace queries to help performance , if a query needs for example 5 raycast physics, the whole query is calculated on 5 or 10 frames with one raycast per frame, or more depending on number of bots.

Anyway perhaps it's too much for the actual plugin, and this could become some Invektor new plugin ? i know this means ton of work to get stuff like that working.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Invector likes this.
  38. Mohammad1989

Mohammad1989

@Invector
    hi, in your 2.5D scene the Z axis of player does not remain same value , when level start , the player character z is 0 , but when character climbup , z is somthing around 0.15 . if character climbup for 5 or 6 times then he fall into death area. i changed x value of match target mask of generic action of climbup to 0.0832 and then get better result.
    stepup and jumpover also have same problem.
    then i add this code to input manager :

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Update () {
    2.      Vector3 pos = transform.position;
    3.      pos.z = 0;
    4.      transform.position = pos;
    5. }
    and problem completely gone.
    but... do you have any better suggestion to fix that ?! or am i doing the right thing to deal with that problem ?!

sorry for my bad English. :p :D

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  39. Invector

Invector

That's a great article @zenGarden, we actually decide to change the direction regarding our AI... we're start going into a more complex path with node editor and advanced behaviour but that means like you say a LOT of work and Time spend crafting a new tool and we're pretty happy with the template today, so instead of spending another 2 years developing and updating another complex tool, we will create something simplier and direct it's still a great AI for genereal use on Melee & Shooter games, but it's not going to be a complex AI framework like you're used to see on the AssetStore.

We also want to create games just like you guys, so basically instead of creating a complex tool and spending 2 years updating, we choose to simplify things so we can publish a nice tool to create general commum enemies and start our game development as well.

That doens't mean that we will stop updating our tools by any means, actually it's a good thing since we can add new features and improvements as development goes :)

Try our lastest update, there is 2.5D Path that makes the Player keeps in the Z axis ;)

40. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I know this asset is optimized for controlling one character. But I want to control several characters at the same time. It's like RTS. May I use this asset to control multiple characters?
    I want to control about 16 characters in mobile games. Is the performance okay?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  41. zenGarden

zenGarden

Sure.
    I wish it will be as good as this one : www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2uL6AuBJTo
    Ai characters are not stocking behind others while moving to new positions and they are able to use covers.

42. Invector

Invector

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    antoripa and Malbers like this.
  43. Invector

Invector

It is not what we design for, but you can modify and adapt to it by removing the DontDestroyOnLoad and some other verifications on the GameController and vThirdPersonController/Input. We have never try out more then 1 player, so I can't say for sure what the performance would be with 16.

44. GWStudio

GWStudio

Hi everyone...
    I have question related to animation more than invector tps shooter tample...
    I have gun animation (idle.. fire .. reloading) with hands can i retarget this animations to full body character ??!! .. Just like this in unreal engine

Thanks anyway

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  45. GWStudio

GWStudio

Any idea ...

46. Invector

Invector

The animations you have are just hands and you want to retarget to a fullbody? I'm not the best person to ask about animations since we understand very little about lol, I guess you will have better lucky if you ask this question directly to Kubold though

GWStudio likes this.
  47. MangeyD

MangeyD

Hi,

I have a question about the swimming add-on

It looks like you can swim on top of the water or just below the surface from the images I have seen posted, but does the add-on support swimming down into the water and through it at different depths?

I guess this is just like flying with a swimming animation under the surface of the water...

Do you have any videos of it in action... I am close to grabbing it but I am still undecided.

thanks

48. GWStudio

GWStudio

The animations you have are just hands and you want to retarget to a fullbody?
    Yes that what i want ..
    I will ask kubold.. thank u for replying

49. Invector

Invector

Here is a little preview I posted a while ago:

ps* I will create a full video tutorial on how to setup both zipline and swimming addons

magique, MangeyD and Malbers like this.
  50. MangeyD

MangeyD

That looks amazing... I am sold :)

Will have to grab that tomorrow. Thx for posting the video.

Invector likes this.