Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. John3D

John3D

Shooter Template sounds nice. I want to make a GTA game. Would it be good for that?

2. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

That depends on what you mean by "GTA game." If you want the walking around part it should be fine, but it looks like Invector uses static triggers for vaulting and other stuff, so they will probably use that for cover and such, which would not suit a large and open world very well. There are ways to make it somewhat dynamic, but then making an AI that uses it would be a pain.

John3D likes this.
  3. Invector

Invector

There is a reason because it 'feels better' and it's not because we add new stuff that kind of work every update, it's because we pay attention to detail, we study other games behaviour and we spend hours and hours just trying to get the best result possible. (and believe, this consume quite a lot of time xD)

We always take our time to develop our assets in order to keep the quality and accessibility for new and hardcore users, we could release the shooter 1 year ago just to make tons of money because it was looking great but as a tool it was painfully to setup things and we do care about the process, so we will continue to work hard to delivery a top quality asset that everyone can enjoy using it. :)

4. John3D

John3D

Hi,
    By GTA game I mean something like this game (Google Play name): Clash of Crime Mad San Andreas.
    Any ideas of an asset suitable for that?

PS: I don't want to hijack this thread. I can receive an answer by private message.
    Thanks!

5. Henzu88

Henzu88

Hi all,

how I can add more animations to enemies. In my enemy character I have a weapon where I have attached 'V Melee Weapon (Script)' and I have selected Attack ID 1. Where I can add more animations and change Attack ID e.g. 13 which would do another animation for enemy.

I attached a screenshot.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Invector

Invector

Just open your Animator window and replace your desire animations, you can copy and paste the Weak/Heavy Attack sub machine state and put a new ID into that state, to trigger different attack animations. It's all explained in this video:

7. Invector

Invector

If you want to create a GTA kind of game, weapons would be essencial so I would recommend wait for our upcomming Shooter Template ;)

KaletheQuick likes this.
  8. John3D

John3D

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Do you have a timeframe for the release of your asset? Between 1-3 months maybe?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Invector could you have a look at this asset: Third Person Controller - Humanoid Basics

This one looks very promising but it is new on the Asset Store and I am skeptical if the developer of that asset will continue working on it (last time online Nov 17, 2016), well I personally hope so because I would like to try as many good Third Person Templates as possible and choose the one right for my projects.
    It does not feature a Cover System (as of yet) but it has something similar to it if you look at the video. I think thats leaning automaticly to right or left, but not above peeking when crouching behind a little wall. Will your Shooter Template also feature leaning / peeking (right, left AND above)? I think that would be even more easy to make vs a full Cover System (which will come later because it is so complex?).

And if you are wondering why I am writing so much and want x or y etc. It is only because I think this template could be THE ONE and I want it to be the best one out of all. I dont want to "annoy" you with my requests, I am sorry if I did that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  10. NevarrBlue

NevarrBlue

I figured where I was suppose to put it by moving it to the main class rather than at the bottom of the whole script. Thanks for your help this will really help me out.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  11. Henzu88

Henzu88

Hi,

now it works. Great! Thank you! :)

I thought I need to do for every enemy own animator but luckily no. ;)

12. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Actually this brings up a good point. @Invector, could you at least share some guidelines so we can prototype and know what to extend/modify or leave alone so we can integrate the shooter module later?

Don't want to spend forever building some item display system or something and then have it be made completely irrelevant by something in your new, presumably amazing, package.

13. Invector

Invector

I can't confirm that, but we're working very hard to release before or within this time.
    We're also thinking about releasing a Beta instead of the full version 1.0, and release weekly updates

It's hard to say without playing, a lot of things looks good on video but you can only tell if it's good when you play and it feels right for your project. I really like the leaning feature, it looks really good!

I posted a Roadmap with some features that will come with the Shooter and what you can expect after a stable release, this should give you a idea of what's to come, but feel free to ask any questions you may have. The Shooter will work very similar as the Melee works today, collectables, displays, inventory, the way we handle equip, etc...

KaletheQuick likes this.
  14. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, I just realised that the demos were outdated so here are the last version 2.0b:

Melee Combat v2.0b
    [Download] (Windows .exe)

Basic Locomotion v2.0b
    [Download] (Windows .exe)

KaletheQuick likes this.
  15. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Hi, considering purchase; does this work with other AI solutions like Apex ? Thanks

16. Invector

Invector

Sure, there is several users that are using the AI from PlyGame to use on generic models and we provide examples on how to apply damage in other gameobjects.

17. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hey Invector, some questions regarding upcoming updates for the Combat Pack:
    - Are you considering deliver an Bow or Spell Cast Addon after the Shooter Addon? I see you have Sword / Shield combat and shooter combat is coming soon, so wondering what your idea is about Bows and specially Casting System (Cooldowns etc)
    - Did you add climbing functionality now? I am pretty sure I asked for that when you released the first version. I saw that jump finally made it ;)
    - Do you have some features in the ToDO list like IK footplacement or transparent objects (Trees) if the camera walks through?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. The Asset is really outstanding.
    Ronny

18. Invector

Invector

Take a look into our Roadmap, it answer a few of your questions.
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/168/official-roadmap-faq

Regarding about the bow and spells casting, we will look further as soon as we have better results with the aim system which we still are not quite happy about it.

19. indra-p

indra-p

hey invector. is there any way to change the punch/hit sound?as i remember in the old version it can be changed from the hit box. but in this version i cant find any way to change it.

20. Invector

Invector

Take a look into the left/right ForeArm of the vbot in the demo scene, there a script call vHitEffect and we call the effect using the AttackObjectEventes field of the MeleeAttackObject

21. indra-p

indra-p

got it... thanks!!!

22. Acissathar

Acissathar

@Invector On the Asset Store page it mentions that the Basic Locomotion Template does not feature AI. Does this mean that it doesn't feature any implemented AI? If so, is it still designed so that I can create my own AI motor script that I can feed into the controller?

23. Invector

Invector

Yep the AI comes only with the Melee package, and yeah you could turn the controller into an AI (that's basically what we have done) but it just too much trouble to do, I recommend you to already pick up the melee if you want a simple AI.

24. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    can you provide an example with APEX ....Thanks ..

25. drewradley

drewradley

Hey everyone! Here is a video showing my simple shooter addition in action. It's about as basic as it gets but it only took me a few hours so I imagine a competent coder could get it done in a matter of minutes. Just using it as a place holder until the real shooter gets here! It also shows using ORK inventory to change weapons. Ignore the fact that my club is called short sword. :)

Invector, Kale and Weblox like this.
  26. Kale

Kale

Cool. Are you using uma dk integration or did you connect them yourself?

27. drewradley

drewradley

I don't know what that is so I'm guessing not.

28. Kale

Kale

29. drewradley

drewradley

30. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hello how does "Third Person Controller - Melee Combat Template" in the multi-player has someone experience or is there any information in this regard?

31. Henzu88

Henzu88

Hi all,

have someone tried "Third Person Controller - Melee Combat Template" with two handed animations? Just interested to know how this asset works with two handed animations. Should not be a problem in my knowledge but could someone confirm this.

32. Kale

Kale

What do you mean with two handed animations? It doesn't come with it, but it wouldn't be hard to replace the animation with two handed ones.

33. Henzu88

Henzu88

Hi,

thank you for response. Yes I meant animations. I bought some two handed animations and it works better than I thought! :).

34. Invector

Invector

I actually don't have APEX, but basically you will create your AI with your desire system and replace the health to our vCharacterStandalone

Some users has reported progress with multiplayer but they never show lol, I guess if you have experience with MP then it should be ok to integrate.
    We're working on add support for two hand weapons with IK for better placement ;)

35. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    I have tryed but there is a lot of relantioship .. can you tell me what integration you can provide with a Third Party AI or Pathfinding ...? Whatever is , will be fine to me .. thanks a lot

36. Invector

Invector

We haven't tried any AI integration yet, but one that I'm eager to try is PlyGame not only because of the AI but the other RPG features that comes with, people also talk about ICE Creature.

37. antoripa

antoripa

I understand, but from my point of view it's is different stuff than APEX or A* Project. What I see in your asset is that there is no separation between NavMesh and Motions ...so I am wondering if I am missing something. Your embedded AI is nice, but scope is too limited ...so I am looking forward hearing from you about "be open" .. thanks

38. drewradley

drewradley

Integrating a third party AI is really quite simple for someone with even basic coding skills. Just dig into the code that has the AI health and attack and see what the function is that causes damage to the AI and attacks the player and adjust as needed. For instance, I am using AI Behavior and this is all I had to add to the character stand alone to damage the AI from that package:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (fsm != null) {
    2.             fsm.GotHit (damage.value);
    3.         }
    (and, of course, get a reference to fsm.)
    Two little line. Four if you count the variable and getting the reference to it. But it is really that simple.

I don't have Apex otherwise I could tell you exactly what you need to do.

I'd much rather Invector work on the shooter and improve the melee than spend time bloating the AI and adding support for every AI package out there.

39. antoripa

antoripa

I see that a lot of people really people don't understand the difference between AI and Pathfinding ... that is reall huge difference so those are two different stuff ....

40. drewradley

drewradley

I understand the difference. What I didn't know was Apex was path finding. I thought it was just an AI solution that used A*. Guess I didn't read your post close enough. Sorry about that.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    antoripa likes this.
  41. antoripa

antoripa

You are welcome ... I was not pointing you ... just thinking that there are a lot of users and a part of them are more hobbyist or amatorial .... anyway .. with next release Unity is going to release API for NavMesh so maybe it's not anymore important integration with Apex or A* ....for AI i think that can be even more than keep health updated ...for example with ICE I would like to use that to "drive" Meel Invector Enemy using all the nice feature in combact style ..
    Anyway . have a great day or evening ) ... cheers,

42. Shadex

Shadex

I have on the previous version, and am half way done on the huge 2.0 update but pneumonia has slowed things. I have also added Duel Wielding, Sword and shield (with shield attacks), and have put about every class of melee weapon for a test, including claws, whips as well as various Polearms, and 1H and 2H versions of axes, maces, hammers, swords, etc, and even a giant 2H war drum as a joke for a friend. I can confirm it works, but you need animations.

You will need to put in a 2H idle animation (same with duel wield). Most movement animations like jump look fine with a 2H sword held in 1H, but what you don't like you will have to find a decent replacement animation. I used Maximo's 2H animation set when the animations were free on their site before adobe took over. If your good enough you can convert legacy animation's on some less expensive assets.

Whats really interesting is that when you process a weapon with Invectors stuff (It adds the scripts, and it's a huge time saver), it has a "weapon ID" so you can individually set weapons to use specific sets of animations. This allows you to seperate axe's animations and swords, but also you can make one for light 2H swords like a bastard sword, and some anime style oversized super heavy 2H sword so they feel differn't. From their you can control the weapons default hit recoil (The animation that plays when the enemy gets hit) and then you can further fine tune those per animation so you the last hit can knock them back farther, or make a weak attack in the combo feel weaker. That's pretty much how Invector designs things. It's well thought out, easy to use, and is always extremely flexible.

Invector likes this.
  43. Invector

Invector

Ohh right, I also didn't know that APEX was path finding only... in that case, our AI is really not ready to receive any path finding I guess and we never try out mostly because the AI is not the focus of the template, we only add it as a bonus and got excited with the results. But the code is really depending on the navmesh and some navmesh features.

antoripa likes this.
  44. antoripa

antoripa

Thanks for your clear answer ...looking forward shooter template :)

45. RPowers

RPowers

Just bought this pack and I really like it. Good stuff. Is there a tutorial for setting up non-humaniod characters?

46. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

@Invector,

Has anyone done a Rewired integration yet?

Unity 5.4.3 (windows). Melee Combat v2.0c and Rewired 1.0.0.109

I just started looking at doing a Rewired integration myself but I wanted to check if anyone was already had something working.

The source file I just started looking at is Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Melee Combat\Scripts\CharacterController\vMeleeCombatInput.cs. Do I need to look at any other files like Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\CharacterController\vThirdPersonInput.cs also?

I also see a vInput.cs file \Assets\Invector-3rdPersonController\Basic Locomotion\Scripts\CharacterController but that does not look like I need to make any modifications there.

47. Invector

Invector

The character controller is currently using Humanoid rig only, but you can use generic models using other AI solutions like ICE or PlyGame.

I remember that someone did this integration before, basically you will need to modify the methods of input from the vThirdPersonInput and if you have the Melee Template, vMeleeCombatInput

48. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I came back,.. Having another go at getting a world built. created a brand new project and WOW if it's not he same old old same old Unity 5.4.3f1 (64-bit) I didn't even get a Invector menu in Unity 5.5.0f3 (64-bit).

Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/FirstPersonCharacter/Scripts/FirstPersonController.cs(4,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Utility' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I went to redownload that standard assets and I have NO option to download them, only: Assets > Import Package > Custom Package. So sorry I don't know where to go to fix this now they changed everything

49. Invector

Invector

Hmm as you can see the path goes into the FirstPersonCharacter from the StandardAssets... so I'm not sure if the template has anything to do with this error... it would if we have a Utilily namespace but I ran a search here and didn't find one. But I'm pretty sure that you may have a duplicated script on your project... try make a search for Utility and see if you have two of them

50. retired

retired

Thanks for this. I am using ORK as well I attached an equipment viewer to the equip point on the right hand. Once equipped, during runtime the sword attaches to the hand, it doesn't switch to the melee stance. I used your old script for 1.3 and it worked like a charm. I was trying to upgrade to 2.0, but cannot get the new script above to work.