Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

It looks like you move some objects in your scene and forgot to re-bake the navmesh :p

The method that hide/show the cursor is on the vThirdPersonController script, just comment if you don't wanna hide

2. vantubbe

vantubbe

Hi, so I bought this asset and dropped the prefab character into my scene. Everything seems to be working except the attack. He just kinda leans forward (stops moving if he was), but no punch or anything. Any idea why? Thank you!

3. Skullpluggery

Skullpluggery

4. Invector

Invector

Try watching this video tutorial:

I think it does, but you need to keep in mind that you will need your model to have separate limbs to have that effect

5. Skullpluggery

Skullpluggery

I've already used your package but the problem is that the MainScript of the Bloody Mess is also using health and stuff . I've tried integrating them both and fixed the tags and layers and importing their prefabs works! But my problem is that I can't make it work together. I know that the problem is with the other asset since it is not easy to use unlike yours, just a sec setup!

EDIT: It also destroys some of your codes like the hitbox :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  6. Invector

Invector

Hmmm we do have the vCharacterStandalone that is basically health/stamina that you can put into other gameobjects to work with our lock-on system and apply damage. You can try to replace the original health of the Bloody Mess to ours, this should work.

Skullpluggery likes this.
  7. JBR-games

JBR-games

Is there any planned support for ranged weapons for the player and ai ?

8. Szaruga

Szaruga

I have a strange camera shake in all states, besides the default:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52344155/2016-09-07_20-33-37.mp4
    I noticed that the problem lies in the fact that in the state other than deafault, the camera continually switches between the current and the default.

edit//
    I'm sorry, the problem probably stems from Horse Animset Pro

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  9. snackzilla

snackzilla

I haven't seen your tag name around this thread before! Welcome to the thread! I can actually answer this one. The Invector Team is currently working on a Shooter Add-On as an upgrade from the Basic Movement and Melee Template. I believe on their official website forums, they said the next release is the 1.4 Melee Template (With a basic Inventory and new methods to add/remove weapons), then the Shooter 1.0 Package. They also said once the shooter add-on is released, they will update the Melee Template with basic ranged weapons (bow and arrow/slingshot..stuff like that). Considering the AI and the Player Controller start out using pretty much the same animator and scripts, I'm assuming they'll be able to use Ranged weapons as well.

TL;DR: Yes, it's most likely coming with the Shooter-Add on later down the line.

JBR-games likes this.
  10. Skullpluggery

Skullpluggery

What have I've done is create my own system and did try to duplicate the same methods. So far so good! Thanks :) Love 1.3e

11. Ashley_01

Ashley_01

hi, just a simple question how can I change the animation to make the player walk and run instead of running and sprinting?

12. snackzilla

snackzilla

What worked for me was just replacing the Run Animations in the player Animator Controller with Walk Animations, and replacing the Sprint Animations with the Run Animations. That way your character will start out walking, but if you hit the button for sprint, your player will start running. (This is all in the Base Layer->Free Movement Animation State on the controller) This is the easiest way to do it.

If you wanted to maintain both the run/sprint AND have your character default to walk, you could play with the Threshhold Values of the Unarmed/Armed BlendTree, and check the script vThirdPersonMotor.cs to see where the values are assigned on input. I believe it's in "void FreeMovement() " (This is all assumed you're using Free Momevment)

13. antoripa

antoripa

Hi @Invector ,
    just bought your package .. but I see a different window from documentation and videos to create a new character. I have an idea, but I would get confirmation from you. Thanks.

Thanks a lot
    Capture.PNG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  14. Invector

Invector

@antoripa just hit the little circle right next of the Animator field, you can select the AI_CombatController for the AI or CombatController for the Player, we add this option on the last update in case you want to create the character with your custom animator with your own animations :)

15. antoripa

antoripa

Yes ...I supposed .... I am already using package in that way .. it is nice option .. I would suggest, even if I know you already have a plan, to update the documentation for novice :) ....

16. Olsey

Olsey

Help! i cant make the player rotate with Camera when aiming in ver 1.3.
    i have a Aim state for the camera tha brings the camera near, the aim animation plays but the player wont rotate with Camera

17. Invector

Invector

The character will rotate with the camera only when he is Strafing, and to enter the strafe mode you need to press Tab

Malbers likes this.
  18. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    any test about perfomance with the AI that is in the package ?
    How many anemy in the same terrain scene can handle without any impact on perfomance ? I am having issue from the editor with about 50..(i7, 32Gb, GeFoce960 )

19. vantubbe

vantubbe

Thank you for the fast response! Also, is there an easy way to replace the AI pathfinding with a different solution? I will not be able to use traditional nav meshes in my game.

Cartoon-Mania and antoripa like this.
  20. Invector

Invector

Our AI solution on v1.3e consumes quite a bit performance if you put too many in the same place, but we're working right now to improve some verifications and improve the performance. About the navmesh, today the AI uses the offmeshlink to detect some actions, so you may use other types of pathfinding but it will not be able to perform actions like jump, climb, etc..

21. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    thanks for your answer. Do you have any timeline to share for that improvement ?
    Regards,

22. angelsm85

angelsm85

Hi,
    I'm working in an android game. All is right but I'm having many lag when my player combats against an enemy. I'm using a Sony Xperia Z (2Gb ram) and a Motorola Moto G (1Gb ram). How can I optimize it?

23. Invector

Invector

Still no release date yet, but I will try to post a list of the new features this week :)

We're currently working on optimize the AI making it more simple by removing the actions (jump, climb, stepup) that is the most expensive in terms of perfomance. Another thing that will really boost your performance on mobile is to use LOD models and mobile shaders.

24. Szaruga

Szaruga

I know that i must teach yourself to add new animations. But perhaps the basic package could include swimming and diving animation? These are the basic actions that are missing.

Malbers, neoshaman and wood333 like this.
  25. Invector

Invector

Don't worry, swimming is on the plan for the next updates ;)

Loishtc, snackzilla, Malbers and 2 others like this.
  26. antoripa

antoripa

When is planned next release and the shooter package ?

27. gyltefors

gyltefors

This is my favourite third person controller on the asset store, except a small annoyance. Could the default demo be set up to capture the mouse cursor, so that it can be run out of the box in the editor? Otherwise, it stops reacting to clicks as soon as the mouse gets outside the game view.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  28. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

still wait Shooter :/

29. wood333

wood333

The demand for the updates appears to be so very strong, I suggest no bathroom breaks until 1.5 and 1.0 shooter are completed.:cool:

Invector and Malbers like this.
  30. Invector

Invector

[Melee Combat v2.0 Preview]

I know that we're taking more time then usual, but you guys know that we work hard to delivery only top quality stuff :p

This update will bring a major change on the Core of our system, and will bring a much more stable and solid controller that we will be using as base for all the templates (Basic, Melee & Shooter).

And here is a just a little preview of what's coming next!

Inventory System Preview:
    - Totally customizable
    - Item Window with description
    - Chest, loot and open animation
    - New Collectables behaviour
    - New Equip Weapons behaviour
    - EquipSlots (can equip a weaponType)
    - QuickSlots (to use with a input to change weapon or consume item)
    - Weapon Holder with animations! (you can create holders for each weapon)
    - 3 example layouts ready to use! (RPG, Shooter & Topdown)

New MeleeCombat Demo Scene:

Directional Hit Reaction:
    - trigger custom hit animations and add more realism

Improved AI & Hitbox Detection:
    - Performance increase on the AI & Hitbox
    - Custom hitbox, you can use 1 or more mesh

Plus, hugeee changes in the core of the system, Improved AI & Player +++ Performance, new melee animations, 3 different prefab styles for the Inventory, and much more coming :D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  31. Invector

Invector

There is not a release date yet, but we're mostly polishing and correcting a few bugs so I would say that is pretty close :)

The cursor is really annoying lol, but you can change it pretty easily, just open the ThirdPersonController script and at the Start method is the Cursor.visible = false; - just change to whatever behaviour you want ;)

Malbers and wood333 like this.
  32. KospY

KospY

Nice preview. I'm really happy for the much needed directional hit reaction and performance update.
    Can you tell us what is the performance increase in percentage?
    Also does the new package will be a complete project again? How the update will go as there is major changes in the code?
    At last, any plan to support bow?

33. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    is the release already planned ? I can not wait to use all those oustanding features ......o_O

34. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    I am evaluating to use Meel Combact in a brand new project.
    My only concern is related to the AI embedded into. Can I replace with others more advanced AI engine ?
    In particular we use Behavior Design that has really excellent perfomance or the APEX tools. Appreciated suggestions

35. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I experienced serious problems with mobile performance

I would like to see 2.0 soon

antoripa likes this.
  36. Invector

Invector

This update brings major changes directly into the core of the system, so probably it won't be compatiable with previous versions. Luckely the Character Creator Window still is very easy to use, so you only need to create your characters again and set up the weapons. About performance, We're doing some tests and it looks way better but we haven't tested on any mobile device yet.

Our main focus on this asset is the Controller, the AI was just a bonus that we add on v1.3 for you guys to play with right out of the box. You can use whatever AI system you need for your project, for example there is some guys that want 100 enemies on screen, and our AI really won't be able to do this because we use Mecanim, IK for headtrack and several other heavy verifications, but if you need to put separated groups of 2~3 at distances, it will work very well.

And you will :)
    ps* make sure to use low poly characters and mobile shaders to boost your fps

antoripa likes this.
  37. Invector

Invector

New example!

Breakable Pots > Instantiate Particle, SoundFX and Collectable!

38. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Every time you put out an update i see you have added what i have been working on but done it even better. At this point you have made most of my game for me :p

Invector likes this.
  39. gyltefors

gyltefors

Sorry, there seem to have been a typo in my post. What I wanted was to lock the cursor. In other words, add Screen.lockCursor = true in the Start method.

Another thing, could you add a "downgrade" option, so that owners of the Melee pack could get the Basic and Footstep packs? There may be times when we only need a subset of the features (say footsteps only), and it is overkill to download to full Melee pack.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  40. antoripa

antoripa

Hi @Invector ,
    nice to read the above. But to use a third AI it should be better know the API. Is there any document about API ?

41. abysswolf

abysswolf

after i import the package in the unity store i get this error using Unity 5.2.4... error CS0117: `AnimationType' does not contain a definition for `Humanoid'

42. Invector

Invector

This will not be necessary since after the Melee v2.0, when you import the package you will get 2 folder, one with the Basic and another with the Melee, you can simple delete the melee folder and all the features of the basic will still work :)

We thought on doing that, but we are still changing a lot of methods for now... as soon as we have a stable base we will check on that!

I just successfully imported the melee v1.3e on Unity 5.2.4 without any issues... do you have any other asset into your project folder? maybe it's a conflict...

43. antoripa

antoripa

Hi @Invector ,
    it is good to have API. In the meanwhile I am integrating the controller with mode advanced AI.
    So what can help me is to know what are the class and the method needed to call allowing to move and let fight the AI from a new class. Thanks a lot. I apologize but is even quite urgent as we have to close our POC by end of week to approve your package as the new Melee tool for our new game, Thanks a lot
    Cheers

44. witcher101

witcher101

Hi Can you implement features like ledge climb,ledge hang,ledge shimmy,jump ledge grab etc. Hi i am interested in this package but i need those features and i dont know if i can implament this myself

45. Invector

Invector

I would wait on new integrations because as we posted, there will be a lot of changes on the core and AI, but since you're in a hurry, if I understand correctly you're integrating a new AI? if so, take a look into the punching bag and you will see the vCharacterStandalone, this script is basically saying that this object has health and you can apply damage and do the locktarget on it. The movement and behaviour of your AI will depend on your new script.

We do have plans to add some advanced climb behaviour, also swimming and other basic movements, but it's not a priority right now since there is several features that we need to finish first :)

46. antoripa

antoripa

Thanks @Invector . But from the external AI need even to move the character ...Is that script doing this ? ( I cannot check right now )
    Any ETA for next release ? Has it even a shooter ?

47. Invector

Invector

I'm not sure that I understand your questions about the AI @antoripa... can you try again?
    The update will be available soon, we're just finishing some things :)

48. antoripa

antoripa

No prob @Invector
    I should replace Unity NavMesh with another pathfinding, This because I am working on a procedural game and each level is create randomly ...you know .. you cannot bake Unity NavMesh ...

49. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, sorry I don't come too often, but, I wanted to ask. What's the status for the Adventure Creator integration? I'd really love to use both assets together...

50. Invector

Invector

Oh right, yeah in this case you will need a hole another solution for AI, because our current AI use the offmesh link which I think {?} is a Unity navmesh feature only. We still have plans to review the AI to make it more open to other solutions, such as other types of pathfinding.

We will look at integrations after the release of a stable version of the Shooter ;)

antoripa and Alverik like this.