Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

Did you import another package and replace the InputManager? if so, you will need to reimport the Template.

2. rbm123

rbm123

I just make a new project and only import 1.3e !
    I think while importing I unchecked default assets which had update mark!

3. bluray467

bluray467

I don't usually do this, but here's a video of the game I'm developing, if you're interested.

It explains the backstory of one of the characters, a snake who steals cars.
    If you watched it, please tell me what you think.
    I don't own the music i used in the video and I'm working on a soundtrack for the game.
    The song is Ika Kaisou from the Bakemonogatari OST

4. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Ok this video is not as crappy as the last, and this the female hero I am going to use. Reminds me of BloodRayne

5. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

More awesomeness, here is my new male hero the old one had issues with lighting and much more....

6. bluray467

bluray467

very nice

7. NathanHale1776

NathanHale1776

Is there an easy way to have the AI target a non-waypoint, non-enemy? For instance I'm trying to have the AI "eat" food. (just cubes for testing) tyvm

Alverik likes this.
  8. Invector

Invector

Well that's... different o_O - I'm not sure about the story, but if you have a fun gameplay, anything can work lol

Very nice man, try removing the shadows to improve the fps when prototyping.

The AI has a method call MoveToTarget, that has a transform parameter, that means that you can send him at a specific location. You can create a method that makes the AI search for food nearby.

9. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

any news for shooter ? why it's take all this time ?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    jayimagination likes this.
  10. hovastudio

hovastudio

Hi I too i'm working on the same addon for my project but out of time with our project deadline. Please do you mind sharing your script, I would like to implement the hunger ability to mine. Thank you

11. hovastudio

hovastudio

12. hovastudio

hovastudio

Never mind i already saw the script, impressive i must say. Nice and clean

13. Invector

Invector

14. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Version 1.4 is coming soon?

15. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

did shooter have
    1- player cover system
    2- enemy AI ? if yes AI will have cover system
    thanks

16. Invector

Invector

Yes! we just finish the update v1.3 for the Basic Locomotion, which has amazing new stuff and it will be included on the Melee & Shooter. Take a look at further details here:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/23/preview-basic-locomotion-update-v1

It will not include the cover system on the release v1.0, but we will add on the next updates.

Kenaz, Alverik and abatcat like this.
  17. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

WOW it's look awesome but u didn't answer my question :D did shooter will have AI,
    I just asking to know if i have to start on my AI or use AI come with shooter xD thanks and again can't wait

18. jayimagination

jayimagination

yes the AI with the melee will be apart of the shooter as well!!

19. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

melee AI already exist i just want to know about shooter AI and if they have cover system coz if they don't have i will start to make it

20. jayimagination

jayimagination

Yeah I do believe the shooter will have AI just as the melee template does..The cover system they said wasn't going to be apart of the 1.0 release..They may add it on another update verison of the shooter.

xxhaissamxx likes this.
  21. agentc0re

agentc0re

Has anyone successfully manged to get Rewired integrated with this asset? Are there any plans for the developer to support such a integration?
    If you have example code on how to integrate, please share it. :D I would be very thankful!

22. Invector

Invector

Ops sorry lol, we will include the same AI as the Melee at first, but after the Shooter we will make some integrations with the most requested assets, and then we want to remake the AI and add new features like shoot and take cover.

This is one of the requested assets that are in our list for integration, we will take a look after the shooter has being release and stable :)

xxhaissamxx and jayimagination like this.
  23. LudiKha

LudiKha

That would require decoupling input and logic, which generally is a very good idea anyway. It would allow you to create much more overlap for AI (those classes should in principle only be feeding values into that input collector class) and the motor should get its input from that input class. AI and player controllers would share a much wider code base because of it.

one_one, Malbers and TeagansDad like this.
  24. snackzilla

snackzilla

Hello Invector! I'm messing with the latest version of the Melee Controller (1.3e, I believe). I'm trying to use the LockOn system you guys have created for this kit with Free Movement only (think Kingdom Hearts style movement). Free range of movement without strafing, but camera still focuses on the locked on target. Is the LockOnTargetControl somehow tied to the strafing movement? I can't get it working while the vThirdPersonController is set to the mode "Only Free" . If it is, which script are those lockOn conditions defined in?

25. Invector

Invector

v1.4 will have a script exclusive to handle input, so hopefully it will be way easier to integrate with input assets :)

on v1.3e the character only enter the strafe mode when you lockOn because it has the same input lol, just change the input of the lockon to another button he will remain in freemode.
    ps* we will change the lock-on, today the camera is the one to face the target, we will make the character face so you have a free camera.

snackzilla and LudiKha like this.
  26. indra-p

indra-p

so...today i just updated the script from the old version(i think its v1.3b) to the latest version to get the new features....everything works fine, but my only complain is when the player is moving... its just move to far than how its supposed be...
    here i explain it in a video...

as you can see... with the same animation, in the updated/newer version the player look moving too far when he walk..its kinda anoying... i much prefer the older version..so how can i change it ? i just want its walk just like the older version...

27. TechSins

TechSins

The video is set to private

28. bluray467

bluray467

will the shooter template have first person aim like in metal gear solid?

xxhaissamxx and jayimagination like this.
  29. indra-p

indra-p

i think its public now... could anyone help me on that...?

30. sbw372

sbw372

Hi there,

This is a fantastic asset, and I'm having a lot of fun with it as a new user to Unity.

I was hoping you could help me figure out why a model I bought on the asset store isn't working completely correctly with the stock animation in the melee controller. When I use these models, the fingers (especially both thumbs) seem to be at really weird angles, especially while running.

Here's a screenshot:

As I said, I'm a brand new user to Unity, so I apologize if this is a very basic question. Do you know what I need to do to get these fingers to map correctly?

Thanks again for this cool controller!

31. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

Invector you will be proud of me :)

AI!!!!!

JamesArndt, Malbers and Invector like this.
  32. Invector

Invector

Yep, actually it's just like the zoom of MGS: Ground Zeroes & MGS: V

Oh we change the rigibody logic that add extra speed to the player, it's really simple just check your player's Inspector and decrease the MoveSpeed values. (personally I think that in your video, it looks better to control faster)

Try open the rig options and configure the muscle setup, you can create a 'offset' for some fingers.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MuscleDefinitions.html

Or simple replace the animation to one baked with your model.

Nice! - Keep up the good work :p

indra-p and jayimagination like this.
  33. snackzilla

snackzilla

I know you guys are hard at work, but I have a suggestion! If at all possible, it would be awesome to have a min/max distance check for the AI. As in, if the AI is closer or farther than x.x units to the player, move as close as possible to the desired distance of x. The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I've noticed on the "easy" setting of my game, when the AI doesn't attack as much, the player can move right up in their face and they just stand there awkwardly. It'd make for a nice fluid system if as the player is moving forward toward the enemy, they're moving backwards at the same time.

34. Invector

Invector

Hmmm we do have that option, check the bool Strafe Backward, and play around with the distance values

Alverik and snackzilla like this.
  35. snackzilla

snackzilla

Yes you do. I'm an idiot. I was messing around with scripting, and didn't even see the option on the actual AI controller. Ever heard the idiom "Can't see the forest through the trees?"

36. Invector

Invector

Actually your comment makes totally sense.. there is just too much variables showing on the inspector, the headers does help, but we still can do better then that! - Next version will have a improved inspector window that will be easier to find variables ;)

37. Invector

Invector

Video promo of the new Basic Locomotion v1.3 guys :D

Again, just reminding that this exactly same scene will be available in the next 1.4 Melee Combat update!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Malbers, jayimagination, eses and 4 others like this.
  38. sbw372

sbw372

Thanks! Before posting I tried messing with the muscle setup, and it fixed my model's slackjaw, but my results from touching the finger sliders just keep making it worse. In addition I run into technical errors on my PC when opening that editor about 50% of the time.

I'll try just replacing the animation, that seems like a good move.

Related question, I tried replacing the animations with the free ones found here (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/65284), and when these new animations are used, my character doesn't move, or in the case of a jump animation, jumps very high. Is this because these animations are "in-place" animations? If I'm right then this (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ScriptingRootMotion.html) is a solution, but I'm confused by the concept of animation curves. Does this look right to you? Is there an easier way to swap out these animations? The manual makes a note that there are many ways to do this, I'm hoping to find an easier to understand answer haha.

EDIT: If I have to use curves, do you know what the general shape of say a roll animation would look like? I don't know whether it would be a parabola or a straight line, or something in between, for example.

Thanks for your time!

2ND EDIT: Holy crap dude I just watched the video in your above post for the latest update. THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE! Awesome to see you're still making major changes, and frankly I couldn't be more excited for all of the improvements. I didn't want to criticize because it wasn't a major part of the asset, but I'm real happy to see such improvements in the jump physics.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  39. zenGarden

zenGarden

You added slopes limit slinding finally :p, good job @Invector.

Alverik likes this.
  40. Alverik

Alverik

First, the basic locomotion update looks amazing. Great work as usual!

But, now that the shooter template is coming out, I think it would be fair to point out that most modern game's with meele battle schemes also feature ranged/pistol support. Games like Assassin's Creed quickly come to mind, but really, be it guns, bows or even slingshots, like zelda, most meele games nowadays do a bit of ranged combat. Hence, It would be pretty cool if you added single pistol support to the meele combat template. It would truly, make it feel complete. Just like the ranged combat template won't feel complete without at least one meele action (to be used when out of ammo)...

41. zenGarden

zenGarden

I Invector will make them complementary so you'll be able to use both of them for your character player and AI ennemies. This is usefull for games where you have mixed range and melee classes or classes switching.

42. Alverik

Alverik

Umm... but on many of these games, specially games based on the past, you'll rarely ever go past the basic hand gun or bow (only one shot per action), and I personally doubt I'll be making any shooters or any future themed games in the foreseeable future (and I'm sure there are others like me who prefer fantasy or historic settings where many types of modern guns didn't even exist...). Surely, getting the whole shooter template just for the basic hand gun or bow action feels a bit of an overkill? As I assume the shooter template is going to be a separate product... (I'm also assuming the shooter template will be full of features geared towards the standard types of modern weapons, like shotguns, machineguns, etc. but I'm not entirely sure about all it will entail...)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  43. zenGarden

zenGarden

If you need only basic shooting without cover system or other weapons, You should try adding it on top of the melee framework. Perhaps it should be part of the framework for anyone to build fantasy games having mages throwing fireball or archers attacking from distance, you hsould not need to purchase an expensive plugin only to add basic distance attack.

44. Invector

Invector

I will take a look into this pack, but if you're using animation 'in place' you just need to add some values into the extra move speed in the player inspector to move the character thought rigibody. The jump also has options to height and forward values, they are on the Action Painel.

Slope limit were added a while ago o_O like 3 updates ago I think

Don't worry, the Melee will have Bow & Simple Projectile ;) - we already say that a few pages ago, you don't need to upgrade if you don't want :)

neoshaman, LudiKha and Alverik like this.
  45. valakot

valakot

Hello Invector,
    Just want to say your controllers are amazing.
    I am eagerly waiting for the Diablo style combat to be finished, but there is no word from you about it.
    Do you plan to finish it and will this be available in the next big update?
    Thanks.

46. Invector

Invector

It's funny you mention that, we actually did a prototype this weekend and it works smoothly, we add support for navmesh agent, so you can just click at a point and the agent makes the path, and we also add the combat when you're close to the target.

Also, there is no more TopdownController, our single Controller script can handle all types of movement, 2.5D, 3rdPerson, Topdown, Isometric, etc...

I will try to include this feature on v1.4 ;)

Alverik likes this.
  47. snackzilla

snackzilla

Any word on when the Melee Combat Template 1.4 will drop? I've done some heavy script modifications (mostly for my dodge/counter-attack system), and I don't want to do too much more work if the base systems are going to change that much.

48. eses

eses

1. I'd be interested to know that too, when is this going to be out?

Not a user yet, was just reading info about this asset...

2. Also, is this going to be free update for anyone owning the current version of Melee Combat Template?

3. EDIT, on your forums you say at http://invector.proboards.com/thread/23/preview-basic-locomotion-update-v1:

"Then we got back to the Shooter with a much more solid system. We already code the core and complex stuff, so now we only need to finish the Aim & Decal system, polish and release v1.0 (it will include basic 1.3 and melee 1.4) "

So is the shooter features a separate product, or a superset containing melee system AND shooter system?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  49. Invector

Invector

We want to release within 2~3 weeks if everything goes smoothly, the new update v1.4 will be Free as always, and the Shooter will include the last versions of the Basic & Melee Templates.

snackzilla and eses like this.
  50. eses

eses

@Invector

Thanks for the info - couple of new questions came to my mind:

1. Will there be an upgrade path for shooter from Melee/Basic?

2. Your company seems to be also selling assets from it's vstore page, is there any difference to buying from Unity asset store? (Except pricing, which seems to be favorable for European customers compared to asset store).