Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

It's really simple actually, just change the LocomotionType to Only Strafe at the Player's Inspector :p

2. Shadex

Shadex

Ahh i was having problems when i did that, apparently i had to change the camera state to straife and free directional... I'm loving this asset more and more

Invector likes this.
  3. Invector

Invector

@kurotatsu I just found & fix a bug on the min detect distance, the AI was detecting you even if the value set to 0!

* IMPORTANT *
    Guys, today we spend all day looking for ways to improve the performance, and it was totally worth it!
    We manage to get huuuuge improvements on the AI, FPS will be way more stable now :D

v1.3a is already upload to the asset store, and it should be available very soon.

here is the changelog

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  4. Gojira96

Gojira96

It happens even without weapons and melee manager and on demo scene as well,
    probably an import bug.
    I will wait for new update and transfer everything to a new project.
    Thanks

5. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

here's my idea.. auto battle option.. User can select auto battle.. The default is a common battle. but if user click the auto battle button.. You can not control the player. Player do an automatic battle by AI system

6. Shadex

Shadex

This works, but i lose the ability to lock-on, sprint, and increase the move speed (which means replace the animations most likely). Ideally i wanted 2 state's, a normal state with strafe. Basically your free movement (with jump, sprint etc) with strafe instead of left/right turning and a lock-on with strafe exactly how the lock-on system works now. I watched the tutorial's, and looked at the scripts (not my strongest suit), and played with the animator.

I tried copying the strafe blend tree to a blend tree on the free movement -> unarmed part, (made it 2d added directional) which i thought would work, but your directional parameter is weird. In free look it decelerates even while holding the button down, where in strafe state it is constant until you let go.

So where can i change how your using the direction parameter, or if there is another solution that preserves sprint/jump/2 states/lock-on. Any help is appreciated.

7. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Does someone know how to modify freebodyweight & strafebodyweight float (headtrack parameters) from script ?
    Before 1.3 I was doing "ThirdPersonController.instance.spineCurvature=0", but now I can't access those parameters
    :(

8. Invector

Invector

Hmm I didn't notice that the Lock-on doesn't work on the Strafe Only, but no worries this is easy to fix, I will send you the fix by chat. We limit the character to only run while in freelocomotion because we don't have any strafe running animations, you just have to put your animations into the Strafing Locomotion blend tree and remove the strafe = false condition on the SprintInput() method.

edit* @Shadex I can't chat with you for some reason, please send us a email so I can send you a quick fix ;)

They are public now @ScaraBe, it's all on the Player's Inspector ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  9. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Yes I saw it in inspector, but I need to access it from script when using a bow. Do you know how to do it ?
    I know you know :D

10. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Got them !
    Turning them from protected to public in vThirdPersonMotor script.

Yeeeepeeeeeee :p

11. Invector

Invector

Oh yeah, we turn most of the variables protected, but if you want to access one just make it public :)

ScaraBe likes this.
  12. googlebac

googlebac

Hi again, loving the new update, just wanted to ask which parts of the system require a humanoid character? Can I just add each individual script to my horse character but use a legacy animation controller and a ragdoll made of character joints instead ?

13. Invector

Invector

There is so much stuff that uses humanoid features that I wouldn't be able to tell you even how to start this modification :oops: - We really need to take a few days to look how generic rigs work!

14. Invector

Invector

Guys v1.3a is available, this time was really fast o_O

But we are just finishing up some adjusts, I was going to upload again tonight, but since they already approve, I will have to upload a new version 1.3b

The adjust are:

Fixed:
    - AI First Attack Delay not working
    - AI Min Detect Distance not working
    - Lock-on not working when the Players Locomotion Type is set to StrafeOnly

Changes:
    - Overhall performance improvements
    - Change enemies model for the mobile version
    - Sprint unlock for strafe locomotion, just add the animations into the blendtree

kurotatsu, PIGame, supneo and 2 others like this.
  15. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

The punchingbag & v-character standalone script is a reaaaally nice idea to test different weapon :cool:
    THANK YOU !:)

16. Shadex

Shadex

i sent it via unity conversation (PM) if it doesn't work let me know and i'll just put it on these forums

17. Shadex

Shadex

Will this still switch movement sets when the character lock's on to an enemy? I'm pretty much planning on the non-locked on mode to be the normal running around with sprint, and the lock-on mode to be the slower serious combat. I really like the animation's and speed of movement in the strafe mode as is. Would it be easier just to change the movement for Left and Right, or is there a way to create 2 strafe movesets instead of the free look?

I mean if it's easier just tell me where i can change the free movement's direction parameter to match up with the strafes. Either way, all this help is totally appreciated.

18. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

Is it possible to make the character to grab cornices automatically when jump? For example, from roof to another.

kurotatsu likes this.
  19. supneo

supneo

Hi @Invector , you plan to implement the grip to throw enemies through the air and air attacks
    like in Beat n ups?

20. PIGame

PIGame

is there a tutorial about upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3(a)? if I import 1.3 into my current 1.2 project

- without delete Invetors folder, I have the same error as Aziz (Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/Combat/MeleeShield.cs(9,19): error CS0426: The nested type `Recoil_ID' does not exist in the type `Damage')
    - if delete the Invector folder the game can play but it freezes at the beginning (I have to endtask Unity)

what should I do import to a new project and start doing it all over again (reimport characters and scene objects and rebuild the scene)? I used a lot of 1.2 climbing box prefab to build my level T.T and my scene has 1.2 AIs, weapons and player

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  21. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

1. Make a backup of your project working.

2. Export your invector folder without dependacies, with a unique name for safety sake in case things go wrong, then delete the invector folder.

3. Import the invector template into a blank project and export the new invector folder(1.3) without dependacies.

4. import the new invector asset into your project, and add any changes you made from the previous in monodevelop, opening the like scripts from the new version in your project, and from your backed up project(this makes it easier to copy and paste your previous changes over.).

5. Systematically go through and remake your prefab player, ai, and weapons as the old prefabs most likely won't work as there are new features.

6. Test, play, and enjoy;).

Hope this helps.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    PIGame likes this.
  22. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, sorry to bother you guys! I've been looking and there's no mention of a proper integration with adventure creator. Did anyone actually manage to do a proper bridge script? I'm sorry to ask, but I'm not much of a programmer, so I doubt I'd be able to make one from scratch from just the tutorial example in AC's forums...

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.

23. PIGame

PIGame

Thank you so much Kurotatsu, you're so kind, I'll do as you say :D

kurotatsu likes this.
  24. justdance123

justdance123

@Invector Do you mind to add Archery on next update, that would be awesome

25. justdance123

justdance123

Man, did 1.3a work on unity 5.2.3? Because When i install Unity 5.2.4 i got a NSIS Error

26. jayimagination

jayimagination

I been away for a little while but I see 1.3 is out. Just curious as to when the shooter template will be released is there an ETA yet?

27. Invector

Invector

Not yet, but we very much like the idea of an air attack!
    Take a look into the Animator component and check if there is a Animator Controller (mecanim) assign, if not, Unity can freeze.

People are always asking me about Adventure Creator, I will talk to the creator if we can work a bridge or something.

We will add bows in the feature, but just after the Shooter I think
    We upload the package using 5.2.4, try reimporting

Nope! -sorry but the Melee Combat took a little more time then expected, lot's to improve on the AI

28. carlosrovira

carlosrovira

Hi,

I come again after some months. Congrats for the new melee and combat system. I know it was a thing in development some months ago and seems pretty great! :)

Know that some planned things are developed, I would want to ask (again) for a pull/push functionality with the quality of the other features developed in this template. Something like the one you can see in Uncharted.

Hope it could be finally developed

Thanks!

Carlos

29. LudiKha

LudiKha

Great job on the optimizations! Getting 70 - 80+ consistently now. (from 15 - 60)

30. PIGame

PIGame

Thanks Invector, yes maybe when I delete the folder the Controller has lost, and mostly it because I didn't re-do the 1.2 player and AI and weapon prefabs, I delete the old ones and now they all work :D sorry for being so dumb XD

31. jgiroux

jgiroux

Can I make a humble request for a feature for an upcoming update.

currently I love the equip and unequip, but it would be nice if we could have holsterhandlers@weapon name for when we want to keep a weapon but not have to drop it :)

if possible of course.

32. justdance123

justdance123

How To Pick Up weapon on 1.3a, i press E then nothing happen

33. justdance123

justdance123

34. justdance123

justdance123

35. TechSins

TechSins

36. Invector

Invector

Don't worry Carlos, we are already on it! ;)

Thanks Ragoo! v1.3b has a little more optimizations! :D and we already send to approve

Nice request, we will have to think about some conditions but it's definitely an nice idea! - I will add into the list

Are you seriously using Windows XP? with 1024x768 resolution? :eek: - respect.
    ps* arrows key lol

37. zenGarden

zenGarden

How do you envision the plugin to become ?
    Will it turn in some complete adventure kit ? Or complete fighting kit with some Tomb Raider abilities ?
    Or will it encompass most of the tps games needs ?

Alverik likes this.
  38. Invector

Invector

The Melee Combat is pretty stable right now, a few things to do like the move box feature that Carlos is asking about, so I think we will finally start development of the Shooter Template, this should be the main priority right now :D

wetfiregames, ScaraBe and macodys like this.
  39. zenGarden

zenGarden

Good.
    A Shooter like Gears Of Wars with cover system and AI able to take cover or fire over cover while staying on cover ?
    Will this be addon ? Or will you make a whole system covering melee and shooter so we can use any melee and shooter features in our game ?

Anyway, you did an amazing job, the melee tps and melee AI are awesome.

jayimagination likes this.
  40. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

when shooter will release ?

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    jayimagination likes this.
  41. duniatorga

duniatorga

Hello, Invector
    How toSetup The "EnemyAi" Become TheEnemy Boss With Loadscene?
    I give an overview

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
    wetfiregames likes this.
  42. wetfiregames

wetfiregames

Can we get a cool whooshing sound on our new Magic Weapon / fireball thingy :) 1.3b is really great, thanks for taking the time for optimizations!

43. zenGarden

zenGarden

Content should be at your charge , it's not the plugin goal to provide quality assets.

44. carlosrovira

carlosrovira

So Cool! I'll be waiting anxiously for this! :))

45. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

much anticipated update, will play with it this weekend for sure, your hard work on this asset is much appreciated

Invector likes this.
  46. Shadex

Shadex

I am loving 1.3b. My wife asked me how long it takes to add enemy AI to a character. I asked her to get me a glass of water, it was in by the time she got back.

47. Rose-Remnant

Rose-Remnant

right, where has this asset been all my life, i have a new menu system, this weekend will add in a new ai along with the menu and hopefully have a template to build off of and finally publish something respectable

48. goldencruz

goldencruz

has anyone integrated inventory pro with this with all the features like inventory crafting buying and selling ?

49. Invector

Invector

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet lol, all I can promisse is that we will do our very best to delivery a quality Shooter Template :p

we just announce the development so... no ETA yet :rolleyes:

Hmm you could do a simple script and attach on the AI, check if his health it's low or equals to 0, then load a new scene.

Try here > https://www.freesound.org/browse/tags/sound-effects/ I usually find good stuff

lol glad to hear that you guys are having fun! - we are receiving a lot of compliment everyday on emails and stuff, it's awesome to have this kind of feedback, you guys are awesome!

50. duniatorga

duniatorga

Can create a simple script Defeat Boss with Load Scene For Ai?