Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Assets Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Great demo!!!

Invector likes this.
  2. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

This is number one asset

Invector likes this.
  3. googlebac

googlebac

Hi, so I'm that weirdo making a horse combat game. I'd love to use this system as a basis and attach the player to the horse. What I need to do it de-activate everything to do with movement so I can use my horse controller for that. Is that possible?

4. supneo

supneo

Hi @Invector , quick and punch is not implemented?

5. wood333

wood333

If you are familiar with Horse Aminset Pro, (HAP),that asset turns off the character controller when the character mounts the horse. We used HAP together with Third Person Controller Template, and it worked good. You just have to take care that your camera is not detached or deactivated when your custom horse controller takes over.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    Malbers and Invector like this.
  6. Invector

Invector

@Malbers from [Horse Animset Pro] and I already change packages and he is just waiting for the v1.3 to go public, to make a video tutorial about how to set up our Character Controller :)

We try to make kick and punch animations but the results were poor... so we prefer not to include poor quality animations and leave the slot ready for you guys to put your own nice animations. We're using [mixamo's] animation for testing, you can download them for free :)

supneo likes this.
  7. googlebac

googlebac

AMAZING!
    I was just looking at that on the asset store. amazing, thanks guys.

Malbers and Invector like this.
  8. supneo

supneo

9. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guys.. I'm working on polishing the new features for Horse Animset Pro to go live with the new 2.5 update, but the integration with Invector is already done!

10. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Nice nice nice demos !
    Great job !:D

Invector likes this.
  11. Invector

Invector

v1.3 is up guys :D

Remember - Always backup your current project

A few things you should now about v1.3:
    - We change the weapons layer from Triggers to Ignore Raycast now, to avoid issues with raycasts verifications.
    - The Default Attack (Hand to Hand combat) is disable by default because we don't have any nice animations to put, but you can easily download any punch or kick animation from mixamos and enable it
    - Weapons equipped on the LeftHand are always to Defend and the RightHand is always to Attack.
    - You can equip a Attack & Defense weapon on the RightHand to attack and defend without the need of a shield.(ex: block with sword) but you can't attack with a defense only weapon equipped on the LeftHand. (if you have the default hitbox enable, the char will attack the default attack, otherwise he does nothing)

changelog:

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    kurotatsu, Ragoo, PIGame and 2 others like this.
  12. aziz90

aziz90

just got an error in the new update

(Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/Combat/MeleeShield.cs(9,19): error CS0426: The nested type `Recoil_ID' does not exist in the type `Damage')

13. Invector

Invector

Did you delete the Invectors folder before import the new package? It's even better if you create a new project

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  14. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Too fast, Too fast :eek: lol, I won't have time to test it today & can't wait to play w/ it !
    It will be your fault if I can't sleep tonight !:D

Good day/night all, Have fun with 1.3 :cool::cool:

15. aziz90

aziz90

yup your right i had to delete it ! thanks!

Invector likes this.
  16. Invector

Invector

I'm just finishing up the Magic effects, and tomorrow I promisse that I will start working on some video tutorial for you guys ok? :p

17. PIGame

PIGame

18. googlebac

googlebac

1.3 is great! One small issue, for some reason Lock on no longer works. I tried input settings and starting new projects but I cant get it to work. really looking forward to getting stuck in.

19. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

Just curious, @Invector, why did you choose to prefix all class names with a "v" in 1.3 instead of using namespaces?

Camera lock-on doesn't work for me either, though I haven't had time to investigate why.

20. PIGame

PIGame

Cos V is their logo :D

21. alcapon

alcapon

Hello Malbers,

fantsatic, i use both Systems and soon together...

regards alcapon

Malbers likes this.
  22. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

again! Magic effects! yeah~~~!! ;)

23. justdance123

justdance123

Hy Man, How to make Enemy AI vs Enemy AI, Or Companion AI? Its Hard To Understand The code, i`m Using Third Person Controller Template - Melee Combat Template

24. supneo

supneo

Hi @Invector , Can you tell me where I can watch what kicks and fists, I can not find in CombatController , Thanks.

25. Invector

Invector

Oh sorry about that, we ship the package with the lock-on disable, just open the tab Actions and enable

Even with namespace if you create another script with the same name, Unity will get errors and there was a considerable amount of people that has imported models that comes with another ThirdPersonController script.

I will create a new video tutorial explaining the new features :)

kurotatsu likes this.
  26. Invector

Invector

We ship v1.3 without hand to hand combat animations, you can easily find nice quality animation on [mixamo's]
    Download and put the animation into the Default Attack and check hand to hand combat on the MeleeManager

27. Invector

Invector

ScaraBe, supneo, Korok and 6 others like this.
  28. zenGarden

zenGarden

I thaught it was a tennis match :D
    The "magic" move is really strange, anyway great work.

Alexarah likes this.
  29. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Really? WoW ! Great.

I had really bought a lot of assets.

Now, this is the best of the best assets. The dominant first.

I have written a review with gratitude. :)

Thank you

Invector likes this.
  30. Shadex

Shadex

I am a little confused here. How would you duel wield then? Are we pretty much stuck just running a duel wield animation, putting the damage of the duel wield attack all on the right handed weapon and treat the left handed weapon as a shield or literately nothing at all, and use the right handed weapon to block to? How would you approach duel wielding?

31. Invector

Invector

Very deadly tennis match I would say lol - but it's just a example, you can change to a magic glove, staff, etc...

You can equip Attack weapons on both hands, but if you equip a attack weapon on the left hand, you will defend (pretty much like dark souls, except that on the souls series you have heavy attack on the triggers).
    and you can equip a weapon that has dual wield moveset on the right hand and select HitboxFrom > Both hands to apply damage with both weapons

zenGarden and kurotatsu like this.
  32. Invector

Invector

Thanks for the review @Cartoon Mania , we really appreciate :D

33. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Lots of work for me to adapt my scripts, but I'm really impressed by this update :eek:
    How do you do that !! Voodoo ?? Magical spell ??
    I Think i'm gonna have a lot of fun with layers/mask.
    There are so many news feature that I don't know where to start lol
    Thanks again for all the hard work you provide, with this asset we are not coding, we are playing :cool:

PS, nice blood effect :p

Invector likes this.
  34. Invector

Invector

Don't worry, I'm creating a video tutorial explaining most of the stuff right now ;)

- Creating a new Character
    - Enable hand to hand combat
    - Creating new Melee Weapon and explain about HitRecoil_ID & HitReaction_ID
    - Creating Enemy AI and show passive & agressive behaviour
    - Lock-on & HitDamage Particle
    - Creating Companion AI

wow it's a lot of stuff :p

ScaraBe and kurotatsu like this.
  35. Wieljer

Wieljer

This is very cool, seeing yet another upcoming feature preview just after the very recent 1.3 update keeps me hooked on this forum. I am impressed that the Invector team is able to pump these quality updates out at such speed on a part-time schedule. Great work gents.

I was wondering if this magic weapon is part of the casting system you have mentioned in the past, separate asset?

36. Invector

Invector

Nope! this is a simple gameobject instantiate at a empty transform inside the weapon, it's a simple solution to cast gameobjects. We will start work on the Shooter Template and create a advanced aiming system, and then try to bring part of this aiming system to the Melee Combat for a Bow feature in the future :)

kurotatsu and Wieljer like this.
  37. Shadex

Shadex

Ahh thats soo cool that it works that way. I am surprised it took me less then 5 minutes to get the basic idea working given your instructions. I'm really impressed how easy everything is to setup and expand on.

Invector likes this.
  38. supneo

supneo

Hi @Invector , as I can resuscitate the player without spawning another , using the same dead player.

39. Invector

Invector

Sure, just leave the Player Prefab unassign on the GameController, and if you want to restart the scene just leave the Spawn Point unassign.

supneo likes this.
  40. Invector

Invector

Ok guys, Part 1 is here:

- Creating new Character 0:12
    - Hand to Hand Combat 0:35
    - Creating Melee Weapon 2:20
    - HitRecoil 5:25
    - HitReaction 5:48

Punch&Kick Animations:
    https://goo.gl/5IP0JW

Part 2:

- Creating a Enemy AI 0:12
    - Lock-On 1:40
    - Unique Weapon Moveset 2:54
    - HitParticle Damage 3:21
    - Enemy Health AI 3:59
    - Passive/Agressive Behaviour 4:45
    - Companion AI 5:26

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  41. Shadex

Shadex

Is the only way to change attack speed through the animator's animation speed?

42. Korok

Korok

Superb!!!

Shadex: you can switch to some faster custom attack animations also

43. Gojira96

Gojira96

The player crouches and the camera keeps clipping into the player as soon as I add ragdoll component,even on Vbot model.

44. Ragoo

Ragoo

Congrats on the new release! Looking really solid and I like the improvements you've made on the animator.

One thing though - I get major drops in framerates when I engage in combat with certain characters, sometimes dropping to 15 (from 60ish). It especially occurs in the 3D playground scene when engaging with the big guy on top of the ramps.

45. f1chris

f1chris

the Magic Weapons will be part of the Shooter template scheduled to be released later this year or are you planning an earlier release ?

46. Invector

Invector

It's the easiest way, or you can open the animation on a 3D editor and edit the key frames

You probably forgot to assign the layer "Ignore Raycast" on the weapon and the character is colliding.
    Make sure that your camera has the Layer Default for culling and check the values of clipping. You can also add a fade effect to hide the character when the camera is close, take a look into the demo scene.

Yeah we also noticed some drops, but nothing like 15frames... We will take the day to analyse this performance issues

Magic weapons is already done and should be available soon, free update v1.3a :)

kurotatsu and Ragoo like this.
  47. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Have you guys given thought to an enemy vision cone, or a toggle in range of AI while in stealth so sneaking actually has an effect?

I'd like to impliment stealth kills, but can't sneak up on the enemy.

Edit: I also love the idea of ranged/melee for the AI, and can't wait for the shooter template, or bow upgrade. Keep up the good work guys!

48. f1chris

f1chris

:cool: :)

Not sure if this have been discussed before but would be cool if you would be able to release updates and quickfixes outside of the Asset Store through maybe some kind of Invoice verification ? would be so efficient for us developer instead of having to wait 3-4-5 days each time for updates. Just my 2 cents here

49. Invector

Invector

@kurotatsu We already have a cone vision, you just need to set the min detect distance to 0, this way the AI will only notice you if you're inside the field of view. It's all available on the AI Inspector :)

We can't offer beta for every customer (check every invoice, creating download links, sending email for everyone, etc.. too much trouble and less time to develop) but I'm always secretly picking up some frequently users of this forum Muahuahua :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    kurotatsu likes this.
  50. Shadex

Shadex

Ok, one more quick question if i'm not bugging you to much. I'm trying to get the camera to work much like witcher 3. I got everything except the "A" and "D" should strafe instead of turn and "S" should move you backwards much like your lock-on state but still allow free look and headlook. However i can't seem to figure it out for the life of me. I am assuming it's some type of state, but i can't find how to change that state in either the controller or the camera.

unityunity