Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. snackzilla

snackzilla

I would absolutely love some integration with plyGame as far as the controller goes. I've messed with it a bit, and can actually get it working somewhat, but connecting stuff like the health/stamina and the damage calculations for the hitboxes is above my skill level. They have an API reference on their website, and I've poked at it, but I've never successfully got them working together. They use a "skill" system for attacks, and it's nowhere near smooth, but I absolutely love their dynamic algorithms for calculating different attributes like health and damage based on exp and level.

In a perfect world, I'd use this controller for everything movement and combat related, including AI, and their RPG back end for calculating player health, damage, experience, item management, and the plyBlox visual scripting system for all the little stuff in-between. It's a pipe dream, but that doesn't stop me from trying. :)

kidling and Invector like this.
  2. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I think you should complete planned Features then Integrate with other product
    It is important to implement the feature on the roadmap.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    julianr and Invector like this.
  3. Kenaz

Kenaz

Hi Invector, here is a bug I guess.
    Locomotion will stay in free movement after I did spring in strafing state. It supposes to be in strafing movement.

Another thing is some action such as sprint and crouch should have control type/mode to choose. I'd prefer press button to trigger sprint action rather than click to switch state.

The source code is not flexible for now, it not easy to inherit/implement a new custom class. I have to duplicate a new one and rewrite it. Personally, I don't like to rewrite asset's source code directly because I have to care about updates. I hope after you guys released generic method build we could get an API document and make coding things easier.

I really enjoy 1.2 updates and I hope it will be better and better!

4. supneo

supneo

Hello, my question is whether your system fighting for version 1.3 shalt put support to beat n ups , I guess it would not be very difficult to get a template to beat n ups type streets of rage with his grips enemies and special techniques , if you're up here you have another client :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  5. Invector

Invector

Open your ThirdPersonController script and search the method SprintInput, you just need to remove the strafing = false when you press the sprint input. Every Input method is in this script, you just need to change the Input.GetButton to GetButtonDown or Up.

We release that is not the most flexible workflow for updates right now, and we wan to improve that, just like we are always improving this package every day :)

It would be super easy to make a beat'n up, in fact, I'm going to create a new DemoScene and add into the template thanks to your idea :D

6. supneo

supneo

Well , buy Made as promised , the 'm looking out version 1.3 :) eagerly waiting

Invector likes this.
  7. Invector

Invector

Hey guys! look who is back into the AssetStore :D

We re-upload the [Basic Locomotion Template] for everyone who doesn't need all the [Melee Combat Template] features and want the basic package.

Totally optional - If you reeeeaaally like our work and want to show more support, feel free to purchase again :p

8. Invector

Invector

Hey guys! :D

We are currently working on 3 Tech Demos using only free assets just to have some real game development workflow and see where you guys can experience difficulties, so that we can improve even more our template.

Invector is all about quality and we do care about the development process, always trying to make easier so that you guys can focus in your game. While we develop this demos, we will code new features, such as slots for soundFX on the character, weapons, hit objets, etc...

We spend no more than two days to build each demo and we will publish a compile build of this TechDemos when they are ready, so that everyone can play and see what you can achieve using our Template :p

V-bots: The Courtyard

Survival Arena

KnightArena

snackzilla, Kenaz and abatcat like this.
  9. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

WOW.. WOW WOW.. This is really great

This is become best action game kit ever..

Invector likes this.
  10. abatcat

abatcat

Can't wait to try those for inspiration :D

Invector likes this.
  11. supneo

supneo

impressive , some advance in mode Beat n up?

12. Invector

Invector

Beat'n up will be a secret demo level :eek: - just kidding lol, we will try to add a demo scene into the v1.3 :)

13. Invector

Invector

Yooo Guys, we update the website domain, now you can access here > http://www.invector.xyz/

and alsoooo, vStore is now available so you guys can purchase our assets directly from us :D
    the advantage is that you can get updates faster then the AssetStore.

14. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

So what advantage is this to people like say me that want to make an Elder Scrolls style world? and have the curret Melee pack

15. Invector

Invector

Elder Scrolls use Melee Combat, and you already have :)
    We re-upload the Basic Locomotion for the people who don't own any of our templates yet and want a more simple version.

16. snackzilla

snackzilla

How about those of us who have already purchased from the Unity Asset Store, but wish to receive updates directly? :)

17. Invector

Invector

On our website we will have a system that verify the order, so the customer will just login, entry the purchase order and download the update all by himself.

But for the asset store I will have the manually ask for the customer's invoice, manually check this invoice, create a download link and send the link by email to each customer o_O - believe me, it's faster wait to the asset store approve the update within 3~5 days.

18. snackzilla

snackzilla

Ahh, I understand! Couldn't you just manually verify the Asset Store Invoice once, create a "free" coupon code for us to re-order from the Invector Store (as long as the email address are the same on both accounts), and lump us in with the people who order directly from the store from now on? I completely understand if that's not completely viable, as you'd essentially be giving out free coupon codes, and a lot of people aren't exactly trustworthy. Just food for thought! :)

Invector likes this.
  19. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

Mmmm, crouching it's not working on mobile, with the demo scene works, but when I make my own scene, doesn't work.

20. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Are you using the same character or a new one?

21. jayimagination

jayimagination

those demos...WOW!!!

Invector likes this.
  22. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

No walk key now? running inside small buildings is a health risk

I did not install the update I got today yet, that usually means a new project

23. Invector

Invector

Open you Actions painel and make sure to uncheck the "Press to Crouch" option

But we never had a key to walk o_O, if you are using a gamepad you can walk by simple decreasing the left analog by half, on the keyboard we did not have this option - not that we can't include, it's very simple add :)

24. jayimagination

jayimagination

so when will we get a chance to play with negan (lol) in that demo with the monsters?

25. Invector

Invector

Soooooon my friends, soon hahaha... That Courtyard Scene from Unity give me some really hard time to make it 'playable' , it's just too slow to work, bake lights and stuff... But in the end it helps to find ways to improve the Template & the AI :D

I will leave you guys with this promo video of the [Melee Combat Template] :cool:

jayimagination and ScaraBe like this.
  26. indra-p

indra-p

i just purchased it today.. when i tried to create a character and i got a weird result..the feet hit the ground... but as you can see he just keep falling forever.. he only rotate when i pres a or d button...how i can fix it?

27. Invector

Invector

Hey @indra p thanks for your purchase :)

This looks like the character is not detecting the ground layer, but we set the ground layer automatically on v1.2b... so make sure your layers are correctly set up, also try watching a video tutorial to see if you miss any step on the character creation process ;)

28. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

I am also trying to merge the two. Deleting the jaw bone is a quick fix, but remember to follow the ragdoll instructions in the documentation and tag it appropriately, otherwise it will flop about and then freeze in place when it resumes animating. Unless you are doing a horror game, then it fits.

29. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

Invector. Great stuff. My computer decided it needs to access RAM only sometimes, so I'm out of development right now, but I look forward to making something awesome with this :)

Invector likes this.
  30. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Very nice promo video :)

Invector likes this.
  31. indra-p

indra-p

solved...the problem is with my mecanim setting...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    Invector likes this.
  32. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Just thought i'd post an image of my working multiplayer!
    All Players,animations and AI are sync'd and combat works for players to fight ai(Player vs Player can easily work aswell).
    Still fighting to let players pick up weapons properly though.
    Capture.PNG

ScaraBe and Invector like this.
  33. Invector

Invector

@thisnamesucks This is excellent work, are you using photon?
    btw, don't work too hard on the pick-up weapon, we change a LOT of stuff on the MeleeWeapon, MeleeShield and MeleeManager, in order to became more generic, now we only have the MeleeWeapon with option to attack, defense of both, so in theory you can equip a shield on the right arm and attack with him lol

v1.3 featuring fullbody hitbox will be available soon, the code is 90% but we are having a hard time to create new animations, as always lol

34. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I really want "sound", "effect", "spell"

please~~~~

35. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Yea the animations always get me too lol. Yes I am using photon which is handling all of this surprisingly well. I have gotten pickup to work and am basically done with most of the networking now.

36. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

On LockOnTargetControl Script, Can we add other tags than 'Enemy' ?
    If for example I add an Animal tag, it will never been locked, it's seems that script is looking for a <ICharacter>() component, but animals are managed by their own script.
    Do you think I have to modify the isCharacterAlive() function?

37. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Oooops I forgot the smiley :p

38. Invector

Invector

Your animal script needs to inherit the class iCharacter and some of his variables just to know if the object that you are lock-on is alive, we need this to know when to turn off if the target is dead or to switch to another target if there is one around

39. painkiller2007

painkiller2007

Possible ETA for 1.3 update ? :)

40. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Okayyy, I will try to implement it this way, or find another solution if too complex.

41. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Weird,.. must be an accident or somit cause in the older verson the Q key put me into walk mode and the R key did the roll

42. Invector

Invector

Oh that's not walk mode @Kiwi-Hawk it's the Strafe mode, the character will always look forward and strafe left/right backwards, we just switch the button from "Q" to "Tab"

43. Invector

Invector

Not yet, code is all pretty done but we still need animations which is always a pain in a!@# lol

44. KaletheQuick

KaletheQuick

I managed to get my computer functioning to check out the new system. A problem I seem to be encountering is no damage or weapon collision is being done. This is with other assets, and a scrubbed 'clean' setting. Where should I be looking to figure this one out? Do the weapons need to be on a special layer? Or have certain tags? Project settings?

Asking in kind of a vague way so I can learn the mechanics behind the problem, so I can integrate with other packages in the future.

45. Invector

Invector

Take a look into the Documentation all the information to set up new weapons is in there, or watch a video tutorial,
    the Tag is "Weapon" and the Layer is "Triggers"

46. aziz90

aziz90

Ive bought this when it came out but i never gave feeback so here is the first time for me ! A looks like you have a good character controller working there.. It does have its issues with momentum inconsistencies while jumping and rolling (for example rolling after a sprint loses momentum instantly and the jump seems fixed into ascending>stop>descend but not in an incremental way like adding upward force). The controller moves and rotates very well but it could be tweaked to better suit the combat(if you hit sprint it disengages from the stance but does not return to it until you lock out and in again.) That's is all my issues with it so far hopefully those are easy fixes!

Invector likes this.
  47. Ovaborn

Ovaborn

I loved the Melee Combat TemplateI think I'm going to buy :D

but.
    I need ranged weapons/spells in my project.
    Is it have any script ranged weapons?
    I think not. Melee name make sense.
    and
    What are you thinking about Devdog's Inventory Pro.
    Can I use Inventory Pro with your Melee Combat Template?
    Like take item from ground to inventory, not to hand.

Maybe I can write my own scripts. But your scripts' coding-less user interfaces are very good. So I hope you are planing add these scripts :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    wood333 and abatcat like this.
  48. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Hi Ovaborn, you can implement your own ranged weapons, & it works pretty well, but if you wait a bit, Invector will make a shooter addon :cool:
    For the inventory I had to duplicate all weapon (one version for the inventory & another one which use invector's weapon system) You just have to switch between one & the other...
    Don't hesitate to buy this asset, it's a masterpiece ! :rolleyes:

Invector likes this.
  49. snackzilla

snackzilla

Hello again Invector! The more I mess with this beast, the more fun I'm having! I do have a suggestion now for future features. Perhaps a parry/counter system for attacks? (Kind of like that Batman or Assassin's Creed games) Like if you press a certain key right when the AI starts its attack, the 3rdPersonController would automatically play an animation for a dodge/attack combo. I've already implemented a dodge with a custom Action, but I'm not sure how to query if the AI can/is about to attack to make it work properly as an auto counter attack. I hope that makes sense. I'll keep poking away at the controller to see what I can do in the meantime :)

Invector likes this.
  50. Invector

Invector

We want to add spells effects after v1.3 which will be a very good start for the Shooter, because we just finish changes on the Animator to use Layers with Avatar Masks, Left Arm, Right Arm, Upperbody and Fullbody animations can blend together. For ranged weapons, I believe this will be available on the Shooter Template, because the behaviour of a Bow it's the same of a gun, you aim, have limited ammo, shot a projectile, etc...

We still have much to do with the template, and more ideas come everyday, but as soon as I have some free time I want to look for integrations with Inventory and Dialogue system too, we are just begging guys.. great stuff are comming :D

Awesome to hear that you having fun, believe me it was a pain to develop the AI but when we test, we always laugh and have fun playing around too :p - A counter system require loooot's of animations, and animations if our mortal enemy lol, as soon as we get a animator into our Team, we will have much more features.