Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Okay thanks! :) It also maybe a Unity thing and maybe my animations are off?? I really am not sure. At one point it was working fine but since I changed the animations around some it caused problems. Also maybe the engine is built on both Jump and Jump Forward but I doubt it since my character always has a speed greater then 0.01. So it only calls to the Jump Forward animation. Zipping a file up and sending your way. Thanks!! :)

2. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

how would I go about making the character still have the ability to run in Aim mode? As soon as I switch it to aim mode, the player can only walk :/

3. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

I checked on that to even the original one seems to cause problems to... I'm not sure what happened I thought at one point it was fine till I started switching animations.

4. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Go to the Thirdpersoncontroller.cs script under void RunnintInput() assuming you are using pc

if (Input.GetButtonDown("RB") && currentStamina > 0 && input.sqrMagnitude > 0.1f)
    {
    if (onGround && !strafing && !crouch)
    canSprint = true;

delete either !strafing from this or

in the void AimInput change this

else
    {
    if (Input.GetButtonDown("LB") && !actions)
    strafing = !strafing;
    }

remove strafing.

5. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

Tried both, and I seem to still be walking in aim mode :/

6. Invector

Invector

You just need to add Strafe running animations (fwd, bkwd, left, right) on the Strafe Movement State (which is not included on the package), you can easily download from mixamo and add them into the blend tree.

7. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

I'm trying to add the running animation in using your video tutorial, however in the video it says "copy your avatar to the original T-pose model" at 1:11 in
    . I've tried my players avatar, with no luck. when I run the game the body deforms :/ is there something I'm missing?

8. Invector

Invector

You need the exact same model that you download the animation, to use as the avatar and set up the correct bones.
    Try this video, it's more recent:

OG_Jacob likes this.
  9. tubbz0r

tubbz0r

Unfortunately, "Update reference clips" doesn't show up. No idea what to do :(

10. Invector

Invector

@tubbz0r let's go step by step, did you just login into mixamo and download a running animation or you upload your model, bake the animation and download? the first option you will need the same model as the animation you downloaded, the second option you need to reference your own model... there is no big secret, really... If the animation clip is deformed then you definitely are using the wrong model as base.

11. yhummel

yhummel

Release the kraken yet! We have been waiting for a month :(

12. Invector

Invector

It was already send to the Asset Store @yhummel, we just need to wait for them to approve the package ;)

Shodan0101 and Kenaz like this.
  13. PhosphorUnity

PhosphorUnity

14. jayimagination

jayimagination

yup it is..yeah!!!

Invector likes this.
  15. nproject

nproject

New update is up!! yeah
    More tools to play with! :rolleyes:

Invector likes this.
  16. Invector

Invector

Wow they approve really fast this time :eek:, I have not finished the tutorials yet lol

Guys, this new tutorial is gonna be with subtitles because I'm coffing like crazy here D:
    Just finishing up here and I will post soon

OG_Jacob likes this.
  17. wetfiregames

wetfiregames

Lots of fun playing it :)

Invector likes this.
  18. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

Best timing ever I can't wait to try it out!

19. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Will go look at the tutorials and see if I missed somit but I'm getting after deleteing and replacing

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HUDController.ChangeInputDisplay () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/Player/HUDController.cs:116)
    HUDController.Update () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Scripts/Player/HUDController.cs:77)

20. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

You gotta lay off the weed man!

21. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Guys do not dl 5.4 so broken!!!

22. Invector

Invector

Are you using a beta version of Unity? if not... Just try to import into a new project.

Yeah we don't have a chance to test on Unity Beta, so it's safe to go with the stable version 5.2.0 or higher

OG_Jacob likes this.
  23. Invector

Invector

Just finish this Tutorial for you guys play a little bit, I will make more videos tomorrow about how to set up Off mesh links, Lock-on, and more :D

24. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

5.3.2.f1 it is

BTW Will this just work with the Adam and Eva models that have animation and weapons etc?

Oh and they been updated they have root motion now, just need to find my way to the correct screen I guess to put female animation on Eva

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  25. giraffe1

giraffe1

Can AI strafe? Also for the AI does the root motion drive it's movement or the navmesh agent?

26. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

This update is great I didn't even need the tutorials to make new weapons, enemies and move set (all in the space of about 2 hours). Also I was wondering what version of unity you guys mainly use because I'm getting horrible performance on android (nothing to do with your project) on 5.3.2p3

Invector likes this.
  27. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

Such a great release! This is a real blast. Now all I need is more time to play with it.

Invector likes this.
  28. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Thanks for the update.
    Still it lacks something.

This Kit need "Sound", "Effect", "Spell"

I know that's on the roadmap.

When i will Play with it?

Can I see it in two months?

29. snackzilla

snackzilla

HELL yes. Good things come to those who wait! Thanks so much for the hard work, Invector. I'm having a blast playing with the new system.

Invector likes this.
  30. Invector

Invector

It works with any humanoid model, just like the previous version :)

Check the AI Inspector, there is a bool "Strafe Sideways" check this and the AI will strafe when close to a combat range, the system uses root motion to move.

Nice to hear some feedback :), I'm using 5.3.3f1 and 5.2.0 and tested on my smartphone (nothing fancy, really low specs) and get really nice results using the Mobile scene with mobile material (material reaaaally drop frames)

Don't worry, like you said it's already on the roadmap. Develop this effects is relatively easy compare to the challenge of making the AI lol

31. Invector

Invector

Thanks guys!! it's really awesome to hear this kind of feedback after months putting a lot of effort into this :D
    It just motive us to keep pushing and making awesome stuff!

OG_Jacob likes this.
  32. googlebac

googlebac

this is really cool, thanks! I've always wanted to make a game like this so i'm going to learn a lot.

Invector likes this.
  33. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Whhhaaa Invector, thanks for this update, you have (once again) done an amazing job! :)
    Can't imagine the work behind!
    To simulate a creature strike (without weapon), i suppose I have to setup an invisible weapon (mesh renderer off) and fix it to desired arm/foot, I'm right ??

34. Invector

Invector

That's right @ScaraBe, but you need to destroy the weapon after the agent died. I'm making a demo scene right now that use this feature, the Collectable Weapon just need's a bool with option to destroy the weapon when disable, next update will have this option available. ;)

35. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Just found a bug. You cant pickup weapons with mobile controls. This is fixed by setting it up like the other buttons using CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButtonDown in the thirdpersoncontroller script.

36. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Man, this is what I get for ending up in the hospital: Missed the 1.2 release.

So far so good Invector, going to spend some time playing with the AI Code to see if I can make it dance.

37. Invector

Invector

Thanks for reporting this @thisnamesucks, I will make sure that the next update will be fixed!

That's sucks man, We wish you feel better and get back to code awesome stuff :cool:

38. Invector

Invector

Guys we are creating a few Tech Demos to bulletproof the Template, make sure that everything works as expected and to create some examples of what you guys can do. I will post exciting news very soon :)

39. adiohea

adiohea

Is it possible to set up non humanoids with the controller? I know the auto creation won't work, but is there a way to manually do it? I had set it up before when I first bought the asset in September, but that was many updates ago and I need a refresher as to where to start or if it is even possible anymore.

40. Invector

Invector

I don't think so @adiohea, we design the system specificly to work with humanoid because you can auto set up bones, if you want to use Generic models you will need to work your way around some methods to verify manually.

41. adiohea

adiohea

Yea that is kinda what I thought. That being said, I am really impressed with the work you guys have been doing on this asset. Just looking at the code is worth every penny! Keep it up!

Invector likes this.
  42. Invector

Invector

NEW FootStep system comming next week :D
    - better sync instantiating the audioclip
    - particles and stepmarks

Sweet changes

jayimagination, OG_Jacob and ScaraBe like this.
  43. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

I'm laughing alone when fighting with my new zombies, really amazing update!
    However, I don't find the way to apply damage with a range weapon (gun) using a raycast hit.
    Tried many things like this :
    hit2.collider.transform.root.SendMessage("TakeDamage",damage,SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);
    but my enemy doesn't lost its health :confused:

44. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Okay, stupid question, just forgot a little 'using Invector' on my shoot script :oops:
    I have now access to all I need :cool:
    Sorryyyyyyyyyy

45. jayimagination

jayimagination

Now with 1.2 up and out, is there any new info on the shooter template (not to be rushing anything)? Just excited for it!!!

46. Invector

Invector

I would love to see your modifications :), feel free to show your work here @ScaraBe

Hold your horses jay, one thing at the time hehe

jayimagination likes this.
  47. ScaraBe

ScaraBe

Sure, so here you can see that zombie just taking his first gunshot.
    used a raycast, then test
    if(hit.collider.tag=="Enemy"),
    apply damage:
    hit.collider.GetComponent<AIController>().currentHealth-=damage;
    adding a blood effect :rolleyes: "et voila".
    But I have to admit that I prefer kill them with a good crowbar!

Invector likes this.
  48. Invector

Invector

Awesome @ScaraBe!!! We are always happy to see you guys playing around, creating your own modifications and unique games :D

49. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

I just uploaded a webgl demo showing off different enemies and weapons with different attacks and move sets if anyone's interested. It needs some more tweaking and the animations are a bit janky but its interesting to see what this asset can do. https://rexoto.itch.io/dank-souls
    (There are some performance issues on chrome so run it on firefox if possible)

50. Datiel12

Datiel12

Hey Invector, nice TPSC But i have a problem. When i make the character I can't run or jump. I can only walk. Please Help!