Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bonesae

Bonesae

I'm almost wet with anticipation.

2. Invector

Invector

Here is a good example of what you guys can achieve with our new Combat system:

It has the same base core mechanics:
    - lock-on target
    - root motion attack/defense animations
    - strategic melee combat
    - health/stamina management

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  3. ND-Art

ND-Art

I've been looking at this packet for awhile and have finally decided to make the purchase. I read in an earlier post that if you already bought the Third Person Controller Template you would get a free update adding the combat and Ai System. If I purchase now am I eligible for the free update?

4. Invector

Invector

Oh yeah, free update guarantee for everyone who purchase the Basic Locomotion version until the release of the Melee Combat. (We will turn the current asset into the Combat Melee and increase the price, and upload a new Basic Locomotion for everybody who just want the basic stuff for the same price as today with option to upgrade)

5. ND-Art

ND-Art

Awesome, purchase made. Thanks for the fast response.

Invector likes this.
  6. yhummel

yhummel

This is so awsome, I even wait to the full release because the owner deserve it . The only thing is : release it now! :eek:

Invector likes this.
  7. NevarrBlue

NevarrBlue

We are trying to use your controller with horse anim pro. We created a character in the horse demo scene using the the template set up. The character moves perfectly but the camera acts up. I found out that if i remove the main camera from horse anim pro's camera rig, the camera works perfectly. But when I mount the horse the camera freezes because horse anim pro disables 3rd person controller so that the horse controls movement. We think we can solve the camera issues if we use a separate custom camera, but we don't want to lose the nice camera IK functions build into TPCT.

What do you suggest. How can keep your ik and use the horse animpro asset?

8. Invector

Invector

@NevarrBlue open your ThirdPersonController script and you will see that on the method HandleInput, it's calling the CameraInput method separelly from all the action inputs of the character, that has a condition if(!lockPlayer) to execute. You guys can try using the bool "lockPlayer" instead of disabling the controller, this way the camera will still work ;)

*Everybody feel free to post screenshots of your games / prototypes here, we are all curious to see what you guys are up to :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    wood333 likes this.
  9. peter_rodrigues

peter_rodrigues

Im waiting for a full release of the shooter and melee packs before I continue working on my game. As much as I would love to continue Its just a pain in the butt when I need to update things and then things get screwy so im opting to just wait for the time being. Great job though by the way, I am certainly excited for things to come.

by the way is the shooter pack going to have an inventory system. I wish I could get something close to silent hill or even resident evil with picking up items, weapons and key items needed to advance.

10. zenGarden

zenGarden

The package is becoming interesting.
    No distant attacks like magic or arrow planned ?
    Does it include damage traps or areas ?
    Will you create some basic AI using the same character controller with weapon and shield attacking the player ?

11. Invector

Invector

This looks awesome, great work on the environments!
    Inventory is kind of personal from game to game, we will try to make one very generic and simple so you guys can customize and create your own.

Oh yeah we have plans to add range attacks as well, traps can be set up using the script of the pendulums.
    and about the AI, take a look into this [Post] ;)

jayimagination likes this.
  12. zenGarden

zenGarden

Wow :eek: , amazing job.

Invector likes this.
  13. nproject

nproject

Hi, Invector
    2 days ago i bought this asset.
    I see your video how to create a new character using blacksmith from unityasset. I want to do the same thing, but when I choose "challenger_prefab", it say not humanoid. :(

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39941

BTW great asset and cant wait for combat update :D

14. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Invector I know your really busy!! Sorry to bother just was wondering for some odd reason my Custom Texture Footstep is not working correctly I put the name of the texture in the box. Add the audio source and get no sound? The debugger is working fine? Am I missing something if I do a default everything works fine. Just when I say I have a texture play a certain sound it plays no sound.

15. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Also! Check out my Title Screen to my game. Small demo soon next few weeks! 2016-03-11.png

Invector likes this.
  16. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Would the ai be able to work with non-humanoids? If not do you think im better off to adapter your ai or making my own?

17. zenGarden

zenGarden

I checked the demo and i seen two thing that was missing.
    The 45°,50°,60° slopes can be climbed , but the foot don't have IK, they look like penetrating on the surface slope.
    It is possible to add Foot IK ? Can we limit the slope we can climb ?
    When the slope is high like greater than 50°, the character should glide automatically along the slope with a glide animation because it looks strange to see the character standing on a big slope, it does not look real.

18. Invector

Invector

Try set up the fbx model to Humanoid, for more information check the documentation ;)

Make sure that your audio source has a output assign, also open your audio mixer and you will see if the audio is playing, there you can adjust the volume for each sound.

ps* can wait to see your demo :p

Just like the Character Controller the AI also use Humanoid for now, because there is a lot of settings the we can assign automatically with humanoids, like auto assign a bone. But we know that allowing the possibility of using the generic mode also would be very helpful and we will look into that ;)

We already fix the slope issue, and there is no default Foot IK included but you can apply the foot ik from Final IK which works great, just need to make a verification to turn off when the character is doing an actions.

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

About sliding on slopes i found Unity character controller already has an option , perhpas this could help you ?
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/charactercontroller-sliding-down-slopes.66461/
    Anyway , Unity 5 have already Ik , we don't need expensive final IK plugin for foot plmacement.

UnleadedGames likes this.
  20. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Audio was all the way up. From the looks of the code it seems to be only one terrain type data? Could this be the reason I have multiple terrains being used??

Nevermind I think I found the issue, I added a debug.log line and it came up with an unreachable code detected in the FootPlantingPlayer.cs script seems to have fixed my problem I think... Edited that a bit and seems to work now?? Uhhh technology!

21. Vibhanshu

Vibhanshu

First, thanks for developing such great controller. Few days ago, I was struggling to get my 3rd person character working, but i was just frustrated by scripting and coding (I'm extremely bad at coding), then i found your controller and purchased it. I'm amazed by it's quality. There are a lot of assets on store saying "No Coding required", but i'd only found yours really following those lines.

Sir, Everything's working just as i wanted, only a very little but annoying problem. My character is working very good on plain surface, but there's some jittering (character slightly moving up and down very little, sometimes dragging left or right) on sloppy terrains. I've tried everything i could like configuring collider, stepOffset, Extra gravity and replacing FixedUpdate with LateUpdate in camera script (it helped a little) , but this problem is annoying me from progressing in my shooter project. Please help me, please.

22. Invector

Invector

Hello @Vibhanshu thanks for your purchase :)
    can you record a video showing this issue? also try to capture your controller settings and raycasts

23. Vibhanshu

Vibhanshu

Settings.jpg RaycastCollider2.jpg RaycastCollider.jpg
    These are some settings of raycast, colliders and controllers, but sorry, due to some issues i can't record a video right now. It's jittering mostly when walking slopes downwards.
    Also, thanks for you quick reply.

24. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

do you have any plan to support combat like Gauntlet?

I like this fantasy style.. Sword and Magic

AssetStore has so many SF style Controller kit

There is no fantasy style.

I hope this product is different.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  25. Invector

Invector

Did you change the capsule collider height? it doesn't look that is touching the ground
    Also, turn on the Debug Mode and check your ground distance and onground variables
    We are working on some demos examples, I will use this game as reference to create something close to it ;)

26. Vibhanshu

Vibhanshu

I've just tried what you said, when my character's walking terrain upwards, groundDistance is 0.03 , sometimes 0.02, but while walking downwards or walking on slopes, groundDistance is altering rapidly (i can't get it's value). Also i forgot to mention, when i set ground layer to nothing everything's working fine. and as you said i'd changed collider's height to touch the ground, but now it started to drag my character left or right. And onGround is true. But i noted something, whenever i increase Extra gravity, there's more jittering and vice versa, but i need extra gravity otherwise my character just floats around.
    Sorry to disturb you, I know you're busy with your next update. But i'm stuck with this bug and need help of an expert, sorry.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  27. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I just have bought Third Person Controller Template

I am tired of sf shooter game asset
    combat style of the 1.2 version is really cool.
    The product was found to something different.

I look forward to updates.
    Please the battle of fantasy style.
    I would appreciate it if you add the magic ability

thank you

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Invector likes this.
  28. Invector

Invector

It's really difficult to help without seen the current scenario that your character is, can you upload your project and send to inv3ctor@gmail.com? I can take a look but I'm certain that it is just a matter of customize some values.

29. ikojp

ikojp

can you already tell us a release date for 1.2?

yhummel and macodys like this.
  30. Invector

Invector

ScaraBe and SingularitySystems like this.
  31. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Hey guys, so I too am really excited for the chance to break open the packaging on a new update, but just like all of us, Invector has their own timeline for release. I hope they release a fuzzy date, but I totally get the "It releases when it's perfect" mentality.

If you really, absolutely, do not have anything else to work on while you wait for the next update (Seriously, not ANY new features whatsoever?), then start an internal R&D project, do a company-wide game jam (Mini-Ludum Dare is this week!), or start a totally new project and spend the week getting a prototype up. You'd be surprised what you can learn just going ahead and building a totally new project unrelated to your last.

Invector likes this.
  32. Invector

Invector

I know you guys are getting tired of waiting, but seriously... It will be worth the wait!
    And it's SOOO CLOSE to the release date now, hold on a little longer!

Here is the changelog until now:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  33. Kenaz

Kenaz

Hello Invector. I know you guys working hard for Enemy AI to make people can create that easily and quickly, but I'm wondering if we can have some general method/function to create custom AI agent such as MoveTo, Follow, AttackTarget, Idle, etc..., those method/function can help us to make custom boss, NPC, party members(Bioshock, Fallout) and 3rd party assets integration scripts(Behaviour Designer, NodeCanvas, PlayMaker).

34. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I'm also quite interested in the AI Steering behaviors... So far all of Invectors work has been very easy to follow, I look forward to seeing their take on AI.

35. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Are there roadmap?

36. Invector

Invector

Excellent post @Kenaz, our goal was always to create a solid base, generic and customizable tools for you guys to create your own and unique games, and we wanna delivery this for the AI too. With just a matter of change the animations and customize the behaviour of the AI, you will be able to create very unique enemies. Those generic methods are already on the list to develop.

@Cartoon Mania, here is our plan for future updates (way more frequent)

37. jayimagination

jayimagination

1.2 does look great, pertaining to the roadmap. Are thoses planned updates after the initial release of 1.2?
    Also not to bug about the shooter add-on but will it be released before or after those updates?

38. Invector

Invector

"Roadmap after the release of v1.2 (not necessarily in that order)"

Shooter will be develop in parallel with this updates

OG_Jacob and jayimagination like this.
  39. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Invector, what do I need to do to stop an animation from playing? When my character goes to jump and gets hit by ragdoll. Once the character is pretty much up the character finished the animation of jump?? This also happens when I do a roll?? These are more so with custom animations I have added.

40. Invector

Invector

If you have add new actions bools make sure to add them in the method DisableActions on the ThirdPersonAnimator, we call this method to turn false every action bool when the ragdoll is turn on.

41. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

There not new ones I just replaced the Jump and Roll animations. Still for some reason as the character is getting up it shows the fall animation still for a brief moment. Other times if I roll into an object then as the player is up completely rolls agian. I also did Thirdpersonanimator.jump = false; in the Ragdoll getting up call in Character.cs still same problem...

42. Invector

Invector

Hmmm I see, can you hold on until the v1.2 is on? I believe we don't have this issue anymore (lots of changes).
    It should be available very soon, We sent for approval today ;)

OG_Jacob and snackzilla like this.
  43. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

WOW

FANTASY ACTION COMBAT AND SF SHOOTER COMBAT

Great...Two track strategy is awesome

44. Datiel12

Datiel12

I know that You Guys Are Hard at Work but, Can you Add a Multiplayer Module or Something? cause that would make your asset Da Bomb!

45. Invector

Invector

Multiplayer was never officially on the agenda, but we're thinking of adding after a stable release of the Shooter Add-on ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  46. Invector

Invector

Release the bots!! :p

47. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Invector this is driving me nuts man. Like it plays the jump animation then if they collided and go into ridged body they fall get back up and finish the animation of falling. Like what the heck!! This also does it with roll too :( Please help I dont think I can wait much longer im dying lol

48. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

I had a similar issue after adding my own animations, I worked it out by checking all my animations against Invectors in the inspector to make sure everything was the same ( Loop Time, Loop Pose, etc.) , your idle animation also needs a IdlePose animation which is a single frame not the entire Idle loop.

49. OG_Jacob

OG_Jacob

:D Sounds like an early Christmas to me! Can't wait!

Invector likes this.
  50. Invector

Invector

Hahhaaha okay Chaz, send me your project (inv3ctor@gmail.com) and I will take a look on whats going on that is killing you lol