Search Unity

Controller Third Person Templates by Invector

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Invector, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Invector

Invector

I download the BlackSmith Characters here to find this issue for you (it took forever to import o_O)
    It's something to do with the rig, select your character FBX and on the tab rig click on "Configure...", find the Head and remove any assigned bones at the Jaw and Eyes, this should fix the problem :)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

Thank you so much, I guess you get over time (pay at time and half (your hourly rate plus half again on top)) for the extra time taken above and beyond

3. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Hi guys, just wanted to say thank you for this awesome asset! I love it, you guys have done an amazing job and I am really looking forward to 1.2's release!

I just have one question, will or can Invector work with Adventure Creator?

4. Invector

Invector

Thanks for purchase @GMax :)

I was just watching a 3 hour video tutorial of the Adventure Creator right now, and indeed it's a awesome asset!
    I think it's worth taking a look for a possible integration.

5. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Its a pleasure! Awesome haha, I am busy with it as well now just started with the 3 hour one. I dropped Chris a message on the Adventure Creator forum to ask if I can use your 3rd person asset.

Hes a great guy, maybe when you guys have time you should work on integrating your asset into AC similar to what Chris has done with UFPS integration. I hope I started something here ;) haha would be amazing!

Cheers and thanks for all the hard work!

Invector likes this.
  6. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, the AssetStore just approved the last version v1.1b, just remember to backup your current project or import the update into a new project ;)

Re-posting the new Camera Mode in this page and the changelog

Any oldschool dev fan of Resident Evil / Alone in the Dark / Dino Crisis around? :D

Next update v1.1b will bring this new Demo Scene with our V-Mansion to show the new CameraMode > Fixed Point. You can easily set up multiple points and switch between by a trigger, you can also combine Free Directional / Fixed Angle and Fixed Point to create unique moments for your game, becoming more dramatic and cinematographic.

jayimagination likes this.
  7. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Epic!!! Thx Invector!!

Invector likes this.
  8. LMan

LMan

I notice exiting the top of the ladder has a bit of a jump where it changes states. Any way to smooth that out?

Fantastic package by the way, I'm a huge fan of how readable the code is, I've started implementing some designs of yours in my own code.

9. DanBanner

DanBanner

This update rocks!
    Just one issue, the respawn generates a "3rdPersonController (clone)" so there are 2 "3rd Person Controllers" active and the original one keeps killing itself.

Invector likes this.
  10. Invector

Invector

This just happen to me right now lol, I will take a look and post a quickfix here

Btw, if you guys are getting any errors relating the XInput, just select the Xinput at the x86_x64 folder and check this boxs

11. andrewpstern

andrewpstern

Follow-up on this:

For pretty good precision in locomotion destinations, it looks like NavMeshAgent will do a decent (but perhaps not perfect) job.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/nav-CouplingAnimationAndNavigation.html

Then, this excellent discussion talks about the MatchTarget animator method.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/mecanim-root-motion-move-from-point-a-to-point-b.322502/

I'm going to try a combination of the above.

Invector likes this.
  12. Invector

Invector

You can try to adjust the transition of the ExitLadderTop state for a smoother transition, don't forget to update the exit time on the ThirdPersonAnimator as well if you change on the Animator.

Thanks about the readable code :D :D we put a lot of effort to make sure that everybody can understand the process and manage to customize and create unique games

13. Invector

Invector

@DanBanner replace your GameController script with this one, we add a bool to leave the ragdoll body there or delete the previous body. (I thought pretty funny to leave the body there lol)

@Everyone who a using the GameController to Spawn the Controller prefab, replace the script with this one, we add a bool to fix the re-spawn bug. I will make a update hotfix next week if necessary.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  14. MahaGaming

MahaGaming

Can this work with realistic car controller, I would like to buy both.

15. Invector

Invector

I don't see why not man, can't confirmed cause I don't own this particular asset. (btw it looks awesome :eek:)
    But you can make a custom action to enter the vehicle, and then code so method to disable our ThirdPersonController and enable the VehicleController.

gamesbydre likes this.
  16. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora

I just started a new project to test and look at an asset and wanted to run around his demo with third person but this broke and char would not work. Is it safe to say the best practice would be ANY time I want to use this in a project load it firs then load everything else after that?

I have no idea what this means

Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/FirstPersonCharacter/Scripts/RigidbodyFirstPersonController.cs(3,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `CrossPlatformInput' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  17. Invector

Invector

Kio ora!! (what this means by the way? I got curious lol)

It's a good practice to always load first the Complete Projet (our template), because a complete project has all the custom project settings such as Inputs, Tags, Layers, etc... Then, carefully import other packages and always pay attention to what you import, for example if you import another Complete Project, it may replace all our Input's.

In your case is really simple, Unity is saying that the script "CrossPlatformInput" is missing, we already have this script imported on our project, but the Standard Assets can read if the script is on another folder, that's why you are getting this error. You can move the Editor Folder outside of Invector Folder, or you can delete it, and import the remaing scripts again.

I made a video talking about this error that you can take a look I think it will solve your issue :)

18. Kiwi-Hawk

Kiwi-Hawk

Kia ora (it's a greeting) eg: Hello, Hi, but used in many ways

Kia ora!
    1. (interjection) hello! cheers! good luck! best wishes!.

From this site
    http://maoridictionary.co.nz/

Thank you very much

Invector likes this.
  19. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, we noticed a critical bug after we changing the QuickStop and QuickTurn to the Action State, like if you press to quickly some buttons together, it can activate more then 1 action bool and the character will stuck in transition. We already fix this bug and upload a hotfix with some new stuff.

Melee Attack Layer > this update will come without animations, but it's ready and working so you guys can put some attack animations and play around.

You can copy the Attack Sub-State and make other states like HeavyAttack, ShortAttack, RangeAttack, etc...

Here is a 3 combo example, but you can expand for more combinations

*Mixamo's animations just for testing 3 combo attack

Locomotion Type > You can now select what type of locomotion your character does in the Inspector, Only strafe is for topdown shooters and Mobile 3rd Person shooter also play's better cause you don't need to worry about turning the camera, the character turn's together.

Full Changelog:

20. googlebac

googlebac

Hi is this already available or still to come? just wondering if i've done something wrong ;) thanks again for making this you're a lifesaver.

21. Invector

Invector

We upload yesterday to the asset store, give a few days and will become available ;)

22. googlebac

googlebac

Great! Thanks!

23. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Hey there, the Store claims to have a copy of 1.1c for download, but the download doesn't seem to have any of the updates.

24. googlebac

googlebac

nearly there! Had another question, I'd like to edit the head tracking to the camera but cant find any references in the controller script. where can I find the reference to the head bone to make it follow the camera?

25. Invector

Invector

It's online guys, Version: 1.1c (Jan 15, 2016)Size: 64.8 MB

The head tracking is on the ThirdPersonAnimator script, at the method AnimatorIK

26. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I'm still having the issue where I download it, and it imports without any of the new features.

27. googlebac

googlebac

awesome thank you, download isn't showing up yet probably just needs a day or two.

28. Invector

Invector

I just download here and is the v1.1c, make sure to delete the old Invector's folder and import again.
    You can see the Readme file what version you are running.

29. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Freshly deleted the folder and re-downloaded from unity store. Readme says 1.1b. Is it possible you uploaded the wrong file to the store?

30. Invector

Invector

Not possible o_O, I download v1.1c from the asset store and the notication tab is also saying the update

Try sign out and login again, or login into the website.
    If the problem persist try get in touch with the AssetStore support.

edit* I download the package from my notebook and got the v1.1b too o_O
    I will send a email to the asset store to see what's going on, also, We already upload the v1.1d, let's hope that this fix the problem.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  31. Invector

Invector

v1.1c IMPORTANT

*post edit

I have the upload a new v1.1d, because the 1.1c was getting a issue with Unity version.
    A few more days and will be available.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  32. googlebac

googlebac

thanks bro

33. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I also sent a support email, so hopefully they get around to fixing it.

34. loadexfa

loadexfa

FYI, I updated today and the version is 1.1b for me too.

Really impressive asset, great job! I purchased voxeland and your 3rd person controller and had a cool cave setup with the included animations VERY quickly. Looking forward to where I can take this. :)

I also have a question. I watched the video on adding new animation and I have a concern with the suggested pattern. I would like to stay updated as you add new functionality. If I add my own functionality this means I will need to redo my work every time with a diff tool or something. Is there any way I can add functionality in a separate .cs file perhaps by extending the ThirdPersonController class? I realize I would lose any animation I add to the Player Controller animation controller but I think that's unavoidable. :(

Thanks!

35. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, find out the problem... we upload the v1.1b with Unity 5.2.2 and the v1.1c with 5.2.0, and apparently they keep the asset uploaded in different Unity versions, I delete the old version and keep only the new v1.1d which include the character creator fix.

It will be a couple of days until they approve again, sorry guys D:

jayimagination and macodys like this.
  36. Invector

Invector

Hey @loadexfa, thanks for the support! We are very excited making new updates too and I can tell that our "Simple" AI will blow your minds :D

About the pattern, yeah... We have been looking for a way to manage better the updates, but it's complicated, we are updating pure scripts in a complete complex project, it's not a plugin dll that you can easilly replace, it's way more complex then that.
    We could update our methods to public virtual and you can make a new class to override this methods, but still, you will need to always remember to create a new Animator Controller and save it outside the Invector's Folder.
    Anyways, we will study it a better way to improve this. (btw suggestions are welcome too lol)

37. loadexfa

loadexfa

Thanks @Invector I understand this isn't an easy problem to solve. If anything comes to mind I'll let you know.

38. BigLouis1971

BigLouis1971

This might be a newbie question, but can I use this to control the enemies in a FPS game? Are there any plans to create a tutorial video regarding that topic?

39. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Invector is working on a Simple AI that's due out at some point in the somewhat near future, that will probably do what you want. I had some limited success building a simple AI off it as a platform, but AI has never been my strongest suit so I'll probably wait to see what they accomplish with theirs.

40. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

What mixamo animations did you use for that gif?

41. Invector

Invector

Currently we have only the 3rd Person Controller, but as our friend say, we are working on a AI just as modular and open as our Controller. Btw our AI is coming together really nice, can wait to show for you guys :D

Search for Melee Combo, we use from the Axe Combat Pack I think, but you can use any 3 attack animation.

42. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I'm very interested in seeing where you guys sit with it.

By the way, the snows are slamming this side of the US and I'm mostly spending my weekend doing game design work. If anyone is bored and wants to chat dev junk, my skype is usually open. "Siesatia" is the handle.

43. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

So I was asked to help out with this asset in our SVN.

Our other programmer can't figure out how to change scenes (SceneManager.LoadScene) and still keep the camera locked onto the character.

I thought it would be simple and agreed..... boy was I wrong.

Have you personally tested this out? I've done a lot of tricks to it, and still can't get it 100%.

So far, the character is set to DontDestroyOnLoad(player) and DontDestroyOnLoad(playerCamera). Seems like it would work fine, but the TPCamera script is working 50% when changing scenes. target is set, but the camera will not rotate nor will it zoom. But it does follow the character.

Also, if you have multiple camera points, the camera will not change to them when you enter the trigger script. The only way I can get it to update, is if I click ONCE on the actual camera in the Hierarchy. Then it would go to that camera point... but it wouldn't follow the player. This ONLY happens if you change scenes and hit a triggerchangecamerastate.

Can you test this out? Changing scenes and keeping the character AND the camera and it work perfectly?

44. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

when u will add Weapons :3

45. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

Is there any particular reason you're keeping the player and camera from scene to scene? I wrote a Camera Manager and just instantiate a new player (loading the player information from the player manager, which is DontDestroyOnLoad) every scene on load.

46. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

I thought of that... haven't done it yet though. So are you using DontDestroyOnLoad for the camera and just instantiate the player from scene to scene or are you instantiateing the camera too?

47. Invector

Invector

Hi guys!
    The DontDestroyOnLoad on the TpCamera and ThirdPersonController are correct, but you have to add the DontDestroyOnLoad(targetLookAt) in the Init Method of the tpCamera because the targetLookAt is very important to camera movement.
    Try Add it.

Best
    Negreiros - Invector Team

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  48. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Not sure if this has been asked before here? but what's the BEST, or what's the difference between this TPC, and the other one selling on the Asset Store called Third Person Controller?

Thanks in advance!

49. SingularitySystems

SingularitySystems

I personally instantiate a new camera as well, but I like having a lot of control over what is going on in my scenes.

50. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

You sound like me then. Normally I'll have GameManager, UIManager, StaticDataManager, CameraManager, and PlayerManager. And they allll use their own namespace with instance = this; lol.

I don't know how long I will be able to play with this asset, as I have to follow strict rules in our company with assets on the SVN... But its pretty damn awesome! I'll have to buy it myself for sure. I HATE writing controllers lol. I also wont keep it... cause you know... I am not a p.o.s. lol.

Invector likes this.