Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Person Game Foundation Kit [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanDawid, Jul 15, 2015.

1. TechiTech

TechiTech

ok.. the bug I was getting often was when I walked over the twisted steps the player just freezes.. I have to refresh the page again and start over.

2. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hmm that's odd; is it on the instant the character walks onto the incline? When walking off of it? Walking onto it from the side? Was it on specifically the steeper ones?

The webplayer demo is usually known to glitch out in ways that the standalone build doesn't.

3. JanDawid

JanDawid

Sorry about the lack of news, everyone. I've been trying to secure a new job outside of the internet; the one I currently have has me working throughout the entire day at least 3 days a week, and this new job will only have me working early mornings so that I can work at least most of the day, every day, on the asset and other projects. I'm just about done separating the bare camera and character controller from the asset as a separate asset so it should be available soon as a separate purchase along with a version 1.4 of (what I'll now refer to as) the Third Person Game Foundation Kit. There's plenty of HUD functionality (hearts, stamina and money) which all 'animate' in the sense that any changes to those values happens at a speed and that speed can be controlled. You can arrange the position of each HUD element, their spacing and the amount of hearts, maximum hearts per row. There are wallet functionalities for money. The inventory is upgraded as well as it now includes pages for your inventory and that's all very customisable just like the HUD.
    Version 1.4 won't be seeing a price increase so if you do want this asset for $35 then buy it now!

I'll keep ya'll updated.

ElectroMantis likes this.
  4. JanDawid

JanDawid

5. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi there, I have recently purchased this asset and I am trying to adjust the angle for the fence movement. I would like to have the character move around the corners of buildings i.e. one fence per building wall with the walls at 90 degrees to each other.

I have had a look at the fence sections of the code but I cannot work out where I can change this angle. Could you please advise where in the code I can change this?

JanDawid likes this.
  6. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi there! I have started a private conversation with you by sending you a solution to your query.

7. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Trying this now...

Attached Files:

8. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Haven't bought the asset yet, but just wanted to give you props. There is A LOT of gameplay functionality and design opportunity within the system / mechanics you've developed. Reminds me of old school tomb raider, using the entire environment as a puzzle, when once upon a time navigation was the antagonist. In a world of set pieces, hand holding and so forth, it's nice to see mechanics that actually promote intelligent level design and gameplay. So kudos, good stuff.

Bhanshee00 and JanDawid like this.
  9. JanDawid

JanDawid

Thank you very much, this comment means a lot to me! That's kind of my aim; this was the gameplay I grew up with and I barely see it in games any more (especially with Indie titles) so I thought this would be a step in the right direction.
    Thanks again! :D

Bhanshee00 likes this.
  10. Gozdek

Gozdek

Quite nice.

JanDawid likes this.
  11. JanDawid

JanDawid

News Update!
    Version 1.4 has been taking its sweet time getting reviewed for the asset store; in the meantime I've been working on version 1.5 which you can now DOWNLOAD THE BUILD to try it out for yourself (as a preview of 1.5, not the final thing).
    New to this is:
    -More fluid animations (though I'm still going to improve the animations themselves better).
    -Skidding/Brake when making a sharp 180 degree turn or when stopping at a higher speed.
    -Heavy landing if you land on the ground while not moving the control stick.
    -Stumbling/Running Landing if you land on the ground while still maintaining control.
    -Double Jump function (while can be customised to as many jumps as the user wishes).
    -Improved Climbing; movement around sharp corners (both in and outer corners), so you can go around 90 degree corners.

Still to come for this version:
    -NPC functionality (it is almost complete as it stands now).
    -Improved Animations.
    -Final version for Swimming and Climbing.
    -Improved box-pushing.
    -Better functionality when going up tiny steps (like stairs).
    -Improved ledge climbing (trying to get rid of the occasional 'flicker' that can happen).
    -Various bug fixes.

I'm also thinking of having a mobile control scheme ready and some stock sounds to go with all the actions for the final 2.0 version; but that's going to have to wait for now.
    I also succeeded in getting a new job so now I'll (hopefully) have more time to work on this asset on a weekly basis.

'Til next time. :D

12. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

This is great. I'm going to wait to upgrade until 1.5 is ready. It still takes me forever to go and find all the places where I have to change inputs (for my third party input system) and bone hierarchies.

Maybe there could be a serialized private field for the bones that need to be found so you can set it in the inspector? And then the FindChild lines could be kept as a fallback.

I'm not sure how one could ease the input system migration. I'll think about this more. Maybe have some floats like this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. bool isUsingGamePad;//you'd probably have to use an int and either set it to 1 or 0.
    2. //I don't know if you can typecast a bool. I think you have to use System.Convert.ToSingle to convert to float.
    3. float HorizontalInput;
    6. HorizontalInput = Input.GetAxis("KeyBoardHorizontal" * !isUsingGamepad) + (Input.GetAxis("GamePadHorizontal") * isUsingGamePad);
    or something along those lines.

That way all one would have to do to change it is

Code (CSharp):
    2. HorizontalInput = InputManagerOfChoice.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    I wouldn't gripe about this if Unity's Input system wasn't so static and clunky and near impossible to allow the player to configure their own controls. I long await for the day that it's updated. :p

Other than that, I've made my own script that extends the features of the controller (like handling weapon control, adding IK for foot placement and such) and that seems to work pretty well.

I did download the preview and I think it'll be worth the wait. The transitions between running and stopping appear to be much smoother.

Just to be clear though, the inventory is completely isolated in it's own script? Nothing bad will happen if I don't import it?

JanDawid likes this.
  13. JanDawid

JanDawid

[Before I reply to your comment; Version 1.4 is finally available on the asset store (LINK) and unfortunately the separate Character and Camera Controller is still pending review.]

Hey dude! That's definitely a good idea; I'll try to implement something like that in the inspector then, just so it's all that much easier.

About the input; I've generalized it in 1.4. The 'GamePadInputs.cs' script takes an axis/button (whether it's from the keyboard or gamepad) and just sets it to a field. So no more Input.GetButton("ActionButton"), it's now gPI.actionPressed or gPI.actionHold. Though it does still require to download the Input Manager asset file that I link to at the end of the user manual, unfortunately (darn you, Unity!).

That sounds really awesome about your updated script, I'd LOVE to see it in action some time. :D

I'm glad you're excited about 1.5; I'm personally very pleased with it myself so I can't wait to unleash it! I'll still keep ironing out the bugs and making animations smoother where ever possible.

The inventory and HUD is all on one script... though I think I might change that, or just make it so that one script is even more customisable to not have each specific element show as per the users will.

14. JanDawid

JanDawid

So! I have finally gotten rid of the flicker when ledge climbing. AH! :D

Anyway, version 1.5 is underway (can't believe how frequently I'm updating this, I thought it would be just version 1 and then version 2 half a year later). So this update is mainly making things smoother (animation wise) and a lot more fluid while still keeping the sharp, classic control that I want the asset to have. I was considering using root motion earlier but... no, this wasn't the way to go.

Version 1.5, on top of what I've just mentioned, will include:
    -Double Jumping (or as many as you'd like with a limit counter to not do more jumps than intended),
    -Skidding/Braking animation when changing direction sharply or stopping at a high speed,
    -Landing from falling (either a hard-land or a stumble when landing at a speed in a horizontal direction),
    -Final versions of climbing and swimming (climbing allows you to go around sharp corners now and isn't limited to tiles),
    -Super Mario 64-style jumps (sideways jump when changing direction and triple ground-jumps),
    -(Possible) crouching and crawling functionality,
    -Improved box pushing (might add another version which doesn't push/pull in steps but rather as long as the player wishes),
    -NPC functionality (targeting, text boxes, replying, branching conversations, camera positioning and transitioning),
    -Sprinting/Run button,
    -More options in Inspector for a smoother user interface for the asset.

Version 1.5 will be seeing a price increase to at least $45! So, get it for $35 now if you're looking forward to these new features! Lucky are the ones who bought it for $15 at the start, haha.
    I have no idea why the separate bare TP Character and Camera controller asset still isn't up, so I'll be contacting the moderators to see if it hasn't been forgotten.

Also, for version 2.0 I'm thinking of making a controller layout for mobile as, at the moment, if someone wants to make a mobile game with it then they'll have to create the interface. And I might also add sound effects like footsteps and what not, just some stock sounds that can be changed to something else. This isn't definite though, just something I might have a go at.

And finally, I was able to secure my new job with the better hours so I'll be able to work on my projects far more often so this asset shouldn't take too long to complete.

Good day! :D

15. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Really looking forward to it. Any ETA?

Pssst, wall running <3 :D

JanDawid likes this.
  16. JanDawid

JanDawid

Thanks for the lovely comment. I'm hoping to get this next update up and running by the end of October and the entire 2.0 version should (hopefully) be finished around the end of November/start of December. :)

I'll consider wall running, if I can find an easy way to include it.

17. JBacal

JBacal

Hello,

I've tried to play the web demo on Mac OS Yosemite but it doesn't seem to work. Tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Also downloaded standalone but it appears to be Windows .exe.

Any way to try your asset out on a Mac?

Thanks,
    Jay

JanDawid likes this.
  18. JBacal

JBacal

Hey Yan,

I got your asset. I have faith that you will make it both fun and useful!

But currently, I'm really struggling to add my own characters and animations. I believe the process would be a lot more universal if you used an humanoid rig. This would also make using motion capture animations much easier to incorporate.

But then again I'm new to Unity, so maybe I just don't understand what to do. Could you please make a video that shows how you would add a unity model like "Kyle" from the asset store and how you would use an animation that works with a humanoid rig This would be super helpful.

Thanks,
    Jay

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    JanDawid likes this.
  19. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi Jay,

I will look into using a Humanoid rig; though I've had trouble in the past importing from Blender and using a humanoid rig. I will try to make it so that it uses that rather than the generic one. Also, I'm working on making model importing a lot easier (basically through the inspector). And whether the animation be motion captured or not, it shouldn't affect anything as an animation is an animation, haha. What software did you use to create your model and what format is it in? Or are you using the "Kyle" asset?

If I can get it all working and easy-to-do then (hopefully) it wouldn't need a video as it will be as simple as 'drag in your model here and you're good to go'. Sorry for the inconvenience but I'll be working to hard to make this all as simple as possible. :D

And thank you for purchasing the asset! I hope you'll make something awesome out of it.

-Yan

20. JanDawid

JanDawid

All the GUI elements are being changed to use the newer GUI system that I had no idea about, haha.
    The way it will work is just to place the health, stamina, money and hotkeys in the HUD Canvas (for example) and then the Handler script will calculate the amounts, positions and have many methods with it to alter values. So basically, it'll be easier to arrange everything and it's far more efficient.

21. castor76

castor76

hi .. i am really interested with this asset. but my primary focus is with multiplayer.

do you have any info on how much work will it be to make this system to work with say unity net work or some other system?

i can try this myself after buying it but it will be great to know if it is possible to do it .. how much work will be involved ...

i think if you make a simple multiplayer example with server authoritative method this asset will sell really well.

22. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi there,

Now, I'm not too well versed in the whole networking side of Unity and my only thoughts on any multiplayer functionality for the asset to have would be to switch between characters in a single-player mode. I don't think it would be much of an issue, trying to use my asset in a network system...
    It's mainly just a character and camera script along with some other typical third-person game features (e.g. NPCs, swimming, climbing, HUD functionality, inventory, etc.). My guess would be that it shouldn't really be difficult to give it network functionality as it shouldn't cause any sort of conflicts. I may look into giving it network functionality at some point, but I did not originally plan to do so; if it seems like something I can do quite simply then I will, otherwise I'll just keep working on making the asset as simple and conflict-free when customising/altering it as possible.

If you purchase it and it just doesn't work for what you want to do, I can try to help out and, at worst, maybe sort out a refund, however I am confident things should be fine. I am constantly working on it to make it really easy to build on top of with whatever features users desire so maybe a future update might suit your project better.

All the best,
    -Yan

23. Guideborn

Guideborn

Thanks for the reply, Yan. I tried to go to the Asset Store page for just the controller and camera, and yes, there does seem to be an issue with that. I would be ok with just that. I'll watch this thread for any updates. Thanks!

24. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi Jakeiiii, haven't heard an update for some time now. How is everything going with your development on this asset?

25. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi there,

Sorry about the lack of news; I've hit a little bump in the road earlier while changing to the newer GUI system, but all is well now. Unfortunately you'll no longer be able to assign an item to a hot key by clicking on the item and then the hotkey button since there is no way check which gui button has been pressed (yes I'm serious). You can still navigate through the inventory with WASD and you can select items by clicking on them; but to assign them to a hotkey, you can only press its corresponding button. That and I've been at work a lot lately, but it was only that one week so things are back to normal now.
    I was hoping that 1.5 would be out by now but things always find a way of popping up and slowing you down. Rest assured, I'm still working hard on the asset. And I've had little closure on why the separate bare controller asset was rejected so I'll pester Unity Support a little more.

Don't worry, it's on its way, just had a little bit of a slow-down.

:D

Hamesh81 likes this.
  26. garcia-raul

garcia-raul

Hi!
    I just recently purchased the asset. So I´ve being testing it and I found a bug. When you target something no matter what you do; you can´t leave the target mode.
    I´ve tried clicking all the buttons including the target button without success.

27. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hi there,

I haven't come across this issue before but I'll be glad to help fix it for you. Is there any specific set of actions that trigger this behavior? Is it all the time? Did it just happen once? Are you using a gamepad or mouse + keyboard?
    I think it might be to do with the inputs as they're still using the older method I made to use the triggers for targeting.

All the best,
    -Yan

28. garcia-raul

garcia-raul

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  29. JanDawid

JanDawid

30. garcia-raul

garcia-raul

Here are the images in a single image

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      285.1 KB
      Views:
  31. JanDawid

JanDawid

Ahh I see. I checked the PS3 Controller button mapping and that controller in particular uses buttons instead of axes for its triggers. I will send you an updated copy of the GamePadInputs.cs script which hopefully will fix the problem for you.

32. JanDawid

JanDawid

Update 1.5 is fully functional and is just currently undergoing its documentation process. After that, I'll record a spiffy trailer for it (no more of me talking, but a to-the-point showcase of all the features and functionalities).

I'm glad to say that all functions/features can be turned on/off purely through the inspector and you need only drag in the transforms for your root bone, character model, etc. into the inspector rather than go into the code and change names or change names in the character game object and its children (I don't know what I was thinking).
    So there's no need to change things in code to adjust the asset to your liking anymore. I'm going to make the User Manual a little easier to use (by including as many pictures as possible) and a little prompt that comes up on screen when you first get the asset to remind you that there is a user manual and that the reason the inputs aren't working is because you're lacking the input manager file (this is such a common issue that I wish I could just include it in the bundle).

All GUI elements now use the new GUI system and it's very efficient and easy-to-use and customize. I've also allowed for multiple 'bars/meters' in the HUD (if you want to use more than one) and functions that allow you to interact with them individually based on the parameter you pass through and they can each have different settings (e.g. regeneration speeds).
    You also have:
    -multiple jumps,
    -SM64 style jumps (sideways and triple ground jumps),
    -rolling into a crouch mode if under a collision (so if you roll into a tunnel then you'll automatically enter the new crouch mode),
    -crawling in crouch mode,
    -backflip jump in crouch mode,
    -better animations and transitions,
    -final versions of swimming and climbing,
    -NPC functionality (with branching conversations, multiple replies, camera positioning, etc.),
    -sprinting button,
    -on ground acceleration,
    -reworked sliding (now works like SM64 sliding),
    -can handle different sizes for the capsule collider (and hence doesn't need to be the default sizes),
    -the standard asset blob shadow,
    -nicer-looking pickups (actual custom models and not just a sphere with a stick through it),
    -customizable mid-air control (control how sensitive it is),
    -and an attempt to make stair climbing fluid (basically if you have a small ledge that you can just step over, the character will be moved up slightly as to not stumble on it; it's still jittery but I'd recommend that for stairs you just use an incline rather than individual small colliders; nevertheless, the asset recognizes what 'stairs' are when you come into contact with them and what counts as stairs (in terms of height) so you can add your own code to handle it if you please).

Buy it now while it's still $35 because that price is going UP when I update it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  33. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Wow. Can't wait for the update, it sounds like fun on a bun to me.

34. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hamesh81, JBacal and ElectroMantis like this.
  35. JanDawid

JanDawid

Version 1.5 is at long last available to download/buy!

Store Page: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/39426

Trailer:

Webplayer Demo: http://zeliggames.weebly.com/third-person-engine-demo.html
    Windows Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s804afbwk8022i/WindowsBuild 1.5.zip?dl=0
    Mac OS X Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb6dohq5wl0tehm/MacOSXBuild 1.5.zip?dl=0
    Linux Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uih04mgujcy4wh8/LinuxBuild 1.5.zip?dl=0

This update is loaded to the brim with awesome features to start building your own third person titles on top of. So if you don't already own it, get it! :D

This should be the last update I release before Version 2.0, so the next update will be the final, complete thing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Hamesh81 likes this.
  36. JanDawid

JanDawid

So, how's everyone liking version 1.5?! Haha!
    It doesn't seem to be selling too well; most likely because it's nearing Christmas, but it gives me time to get the final version out before more people buy the asset.

Anyway, an update! I have been conversing with a fellow developer whom has been a user of the asset for quite some time and they've shown a video about dynamic cameras. Basically, my 'orbiting' (default) camera mode is a little too basic; and while it moves around the character perfectly fine and deals with wall collisions, there are other features that can make the camera a lot more useful in-game without having the player rely on the 'free' camera mode.
    Here are some things I've added to the 'orbiting' camera mode:
    -Whiskers (so that the camera will rotate around the character when going around a corner),
    -Increased field-of-view when panning the camera to look above the character,
    -Rotate to behind the character if they're still and facing the camera,
    -Have the camera look down when falling,
    -Have the camera to look upwards when moving up a hill and downwards when moving down a hill;

The camera also switches back to 'orbiting' mode from 'free' mode when the player hasn't used the 'free' camera after so many seconds.
    I've also started work on the picking-up/throwing objects functionality which is coming along very well. Because it uses the physics engine, it makes for quite a dynamic gameplay element. You can jump and throw an object mid-air which can make for a platformer-slash-basketball game, haha!

Ta. :)

Bhanshee00 and ElectroMantis like this.
  37. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

Haven't had the chance to upgrade my project to the new version yet. I've just been so busy! :confused:

I did import the asset into a new project file to see how things worked. All the improvements really made the difference, and I greatly appreciate the extra options exposed in the inspector!

And yes, the camera is a bit basic as it is, I'm glad you're working on making it a bit more "smart".
    I had just seen a video presentation from one of the people at "Thatgamecompany" about how they designed their camera system in Journey. It sounds like you're adding some of the features they mentioned perhaps it was the same video? haha.

One minor bug I noticed, if you don't invert the y input for swimming, he doesn't seem to rotate at all :/
    Another thing that would be nice, is if the camera would switch back to third person if you're no longer crawling in a tunnel. Again, pretty minor.

This package has gotten more features over time than I expected it would when I initially bought it. I'm impressed!

JanDawid likes this.
  38. JanDawid

JanDawid

Hey SecondBake!

Yeah I thought all the Inspector options would make a great difference. Hopefully it's a lot more easier for everyone to use now.
    And yeah, it was the same video, haha! Small internet, huh?

Ah, I'll get to fixing that right away; must've skipped over that in testing. I was testing so many combinations of inverted and non-inverted controls that I knew there'd be something I missed. And that crawling camera view thing shouldn't be difficult to implement at all.

I do me best. :D
    -Yan

39. garcia-raul

garcia-raul

Nice update.
    I have 2 requests for the final version.
    1. Can we have a pick objects (You know where the character lifts and throws things like rocks or pots).
    2. Can we have the icons/slots where the item you select appears be touchable, so when you press start; you press directly press the item and then you press an available slot.
    I think those 2 functionalities will make your kit amazing.
    Thanks in advance.

JanDawid likes this.
  40. JanDawid

JanDawid

Thank you!
    1. I'm currently working on that and it's coming along well so don't worry!
    2. That was something that worked in version 1.4 but when I worked on version 1.5 I got the asset to work with the new GUI system rather than the old (deprecated) one which, for some reason, couldn't allow this to work. There is no easy way to tell what GUI Button has been pressed at any given time unless you check the pointer event data which I do for the reply buttons with NPCs, but for some odd reason the exact same method doesn't work for this inventory situation. I'll keep looking for a solution but I can't promise that I'll get it to work in the next update.

All the best,
    Yan

41. JanDawid

JanDawid

Quick question (gasp):

Does anyone have any idea why a Humanoid Rig (as opposed to the Generic one that the asset currently uses) doesn't perform all the animations correctly? Like with the pulling up/grab beneath animations it stays in place when it's meant to move about. The root node is moving and having the character to not be kinematic doesn't change anything.

All answers appreciated. :D

42. JBacal

JBacal

Not sure, but have you tried checking/unchecking the "Bake into Pose" options for the 3 root transforms under the Import Settings/ Animations tab in the inspector?

JanDawid likes this.
  43. Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Still keeping an eye on this.
    Don't let this discourage you. I for one am guilty of not purchasing it, yet - though, I plan on it. Just seeing how it progresses a bit more. This looks like a great asset with TONS of gameplay functionality and design opportunities.

Aside from the planned camera revamp and item interaction, what are you thoughts on:

>> Rotatable blocks / pushers? The ability to rotate them in place could offer additional puzzle design.
    >> Jumping from ladders / ledges? Again, more platforming and puzzle opportunities.
    >> Wall run / vault / jumps?
    >> Platform movement - elevators / sliders / etc?

I also noticed that the roll can be jump canceled. Not sure if this is intentional / adjustable.

Again, great stuff.

JanDawid and ElectroMantis like this.
  44. JanDawid

JanDawid

Thank you for you kind words! I'm working to make this with tonnes of possibilities so I'm happy to at least have people interested in it. :D

>It should work like the box-pushing mechanic, only that it has to take rotations into consideration for those types of pushers; I'll give it a shot.
    >That should be easy enough to pull of, I'll try to make that a feature for 2.0.
    >That might be a bit much to make; if I've got the time I'll try to fit that in but I really want to start on making an actual game as I've been working on this asset for a year now, haha.
    >I've already had a go at this with no success, but I'm going to try again soon. I'll update the forum if I make any progress with this.
    >The jump cancel is intentional but I can make this adjustable.

Also, the picking up and throwing objects feature has now been fully implemented and I'm working on using items/weapons. :)

45. JanDawid

JanDawid

Version 2.0 is coming along smoothly. Have already got the character getting weapons out of their hammer space and I've allowed for certain weapons to constantly be visible on the character whether they're equipped or not (e.g. Sword and Shield). Hopefully it won't be too long now until it's all finally complete! :D

46. JanDawid

JanDawid

Version 2.0 current status:

Completed new features:
    +Weapon/Item usage
    +Dynamic Camera
    +Picking Up Objects and throwing/placing
    +Multiple hidden FPV meshes

Bug Fixes/Improvements:
    -non-inverted y swim fixed
    -comes out of FPV if forced into it when crouching
    -Jagged movement in FPV fixed
    -Running animation fixed (normalized)

47. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

I have a small request for the ledge climbing. It would be great if for the ledge climbing of low objects, the character not only climbed to the top but also moved forward a bit. In other words vaulting over low objects, but still ledge climbing over higher ones. This way if a character is on the run and an object is blocking their way, they can vault over it without losing much speed. Something like this.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  48. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

I'm looking at your kit from time to time to see the progress you've made. And I have to say this has become quite impressive. great work on that!
    What I would love to see that could make me trigger the purchase button even if I have no time at all to play with it, would be to have the character able to attack, with lets say up to a 3 hit combo (or infinite number that can be tweaked within the editor), attack in air, shoot at locked target with range weapon and a little bit of an inverse kinematic to take care of the spine and arms orientation. Of course attacking enemies means they need to have some kind of a little AI, so some AI to take care of enemies and maybe a boss AI, kind of like Zelda, like you have to repeat a certain technique multiple times or you do a weak point then move on to the other until the boss dies. Also maybe the ability to have your NPC trigger a sound as well as the written text.
    I think these would be awesome additions to that kit which already looks more than promising.
    Keep up the great work. I hope you'll have lots of sales.

Edit: add some mobile support and you're golden

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  49. JanDawid

JanDawid

Yeah, I mean that really just requires to insert an animation of the character doing that (over the one I've provided) of the character lunging forward like so. :) Of course, the delay in the ThirdPersonController.cs script would have to be shortened to fit the animation but that's all it'd really take. ^^ If you've got the asset and need help setting it up then I'd be more than happy to help. :D

50. JanDawid

JanDawid

Thank you so much for your kind words! :D
    The character can now (for the final update) use the weapons in the inventory. The character can use a sword & shield, bow and bombs; dual-wielding is allowed and I've clearly marked out where to add custom code. There are options to either use an item on press or hold, and to even have a special move (e.g. using the bomb puts the character into their 'lifting' state in which they can throw/drop the bomb). At the moment, the sword has one simple swing and can be charged for a spin attack; if you'd like to add more sword swings, it's simply a matter of adding more animations and an iterator to iterate through the different sword swings. The bow can lock on to targets and shoot directly at them, or can simply be used in first person much like in an FPS.
    I'm sorry to say that AI is up to the user and their needs for the asset as I can only broaden enemy AI so much that it'll be changed in most likely every case anyway. The weapons have colliders that can have their OnCollision() methods customised to whatever the user pleases. :)
    As for mobile, I'll give making an on-screen controller a shot but it'll already work on mobile anyway as it's Unity.