Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Person Engine - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Aug 16, 2018.

1. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Engine

Third Person Engine is a most powerful and advanced third person character platform on the Asset Store. It's specially designed to create AAA games.

Third Person Engine suitable for all developers, regardless of whether you are a programmer or a 3D modeler, an artist or an amateur.
    • If you are not familiar with programming, there’s nothing to worry about. For Third Person Engine has developed a unique and powerful extension for the Unity editor, with which you can easily use all the functions and create a game without writing a single line of code.
    • If you are a programmer, Third Person Engine has a clean and easy to read code, you can easily make their own changes and improve it.

Third Person Engine fully supports Unity 2018 and Unity 2019!

Forum | Discord | Twitter | Documentation | Demo

• Adaptive Ragdoll System
    Third Person Engine is included in the adaptive ragdoll that automatically handle ragdoll based on physical impact on the character. For example, falling from a height, hitting objects, it reacts to all physical impacts. You do not need to mess with its setting, it is fully automatically adapted to your ragdoll, if you wish, you can change any of the settings using the inspector to achieve the desired result.

• Advanced IK System
    Third Person Engine is included advanced IK system that is automatically configured when you create a character, if you wish, you can change any of the settings using the inspector to achieve the desired result.

• Powerful Health System
    Powerful health system that can be configured in detail for your type of game. For example, you can fine-tune the damage from physical impacts that is, for example, what will be the damage if on the character impact an object with a certain speed or what will be the damage if the player falls to the ground at a certain speed, change sounds from different types of damage and many other settings.

• Advanced Footstep Sound
    Powerful footstep sound system that supports terrain, you can add different sounds of steps, jump and landing, depending on the surface you are standing on (texture or physical material). The system supports sound processing on each foot separately, that is, if both feet are on different surfaces, different sounds will be played at each step!

• Moblie Support
    The asset already includes support for mobile systems, if you want you can install it in the project through a special convenient Manager. You don't need to re-create controls, you can easily override your current computer or console inputs for mobile systems, system automatically create joysticks and buttons and mobile control is ready! The mobile system has version control so that it can be easily installed, updated or removed from the project.

• Event Trigger System
    Third Person Engine has a built-in special event system based on triggers, with which you can create unique events, change the settings of any character components, create an earthquake and much more.

Main Gameplay Features
    • A powerful and flexible system to customize character controller
    • Powerful character camera cystem
    • Fully mobile support
    • Adaptive ragdoll system
    • IK system, work automatically (no need to setup animations)
    • Foot's IK
    • Upper Body IK
    • Hands IK
    • Advanced footstep sound system
    • Simple footstep sound system
    • Physics based crouching system
    • Physics based grabbing system
    • Event trigger system
    • Respwan manager
    • Camera shake system
    • Field of view camera system
    • Sliding on the high surface System
    • Health system
    • Health regeneration system
    • Health sound system
    • Health velocity damage System
    • Health camera effects System
    • Damage effect system
    • Screen fade effect system

Main Editor Features
    • Unique easy to use custom inspector.
    • Project setup assistant which will help to set up the project.
    • Project verifier it will check the project and if the project is not configured it will notify you to offer to configure it.
    • Manager window it's global manager through which you will be able to create various elements, install integrations, customize the editor interface.
    • Tooltips to almost every field.
    • Buttons for automatic search of elements.

Contact Us
    • If you have any questions on Third Person Engine in your project or you just have any ideas or suggestions please contact us.
    • Email: renownedstudio@gmail.com

We hope that you will be pleased to work with the Third Person Engine.
    Video Tutorials

Screenshots

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Feel free ask the questions!

3. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We upload the video!

4. StayUpLate

StayUpLate

Looks very promosing! I'm in the market for something like this. When do you think this will be up in the store?
    Also; seeing you have IK on board, any chance you can do climbing and rolling foward?

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  5. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Thanks!
    At the moment it is already being tested by Unity Technologies, I think it will appear in the asset store in around two weeks.

About
    Of course, we will add it in the next updates!

StayUpLate likes this.
  6. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Very soon release, in the coming days the asset will appear in the Asset Store!

7. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine v1.00 Released!

8. eaque

eaque

HI,

It looks very very interesting;). Adding animations seems easy. Looks like a great third P controller template for cheap.
    Is the price gonna increase in the future?

cheers:)

9. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Thanks!
    In the future updates we will add multiplayer, AI and many more features. In the near future we will post release notes for next version.

StevenPicard likes this.
  10. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine is a really most powerful platform and it is not a cheaper analog of other assets, as we have already said, this is only the starting price at the time of release.

eaque likes this.
  11. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We added the demos!

eaque likes this.
  12. sky_dragon

sky_dragon

It seems so good. However, for the camera, I want to use ootii's Camera Controller. So it can work with that?

13. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

The Third Person Character Engine does not have native support for ootii's Camera Controller, but Third Person Character Engine is very modular and I think it will not be difficult to connect the ootii's Camera Controller. If you want to connect them you can write to us and we will help you.

14. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine v1.01

Release Notes not final, changes are possible (addings):
    • Added the ability scroll distance between camera and character by mouse scroll wheel.
    • Added more animation for the character in the Animator.
    • Improved speed of TPCharacter class.
    • Fixed bug when character sprinting backward.
    • Fixed bug in air control while character jumping.

15. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Update v1.01 is ready and will soon be available for download!

• Added the ability scroll distance between camera and character by mouse scroll wheel.
    • Added more animation for the character in the Animator.
    • Improved speed of TPCharacter class.
    • Fixed bug when character sprinting backward.
    • Fixed bug in air control while character jumping.
    • Fixed character layer.

16. NathanNZL12

NathanNZL12

Hey loving it so far thanks, just wondering if someone could point me in the direction to some info about getting this to work with a xbox 360 controller?

17. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

For some reason we have not received a notification about your question...
    Xbox controller should work without problems, without additional configurations. However, if you have any questions contact us.

18. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

19. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine v1.02

Release Notes:
    • Added advanced multiplayer system, based on Photon PUN 2.
    • Added main menu for multiplayer including lobby, room, chat, many create room options, lobby room list and ect.
    • Added support different footsteps sounds on terrain textures.
    • Added camera post processing system.
    • Added quick start window helper (Editor).
    • Added UI manager.
    • Added HUD manager.
    • Added HUD.
    • New mobile contoller.
    • New surface system.
    • New player creator window helper (Editor).
    • Also a lot of different improvements and bug fixes.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  20. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine v1.02 pending on review in Unity Technologies, I think it will be available for download in the coming 1-2 days.

21. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

With the release of the new update, the pricing policy and distribution policy will changed.
    Now Third Person Character Engine, Third Person Character Engine Multiplayer and Third Person Character Engine Mobile it's a separated asset packages. Which can be purchased separately.

22. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Price List v1

Price List v2

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  23. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine (standard version) already include him-self free upgrade until TPC Engine Multiplayer and TPC Engine Mobile. However you can buy TPC Engine Multiplayer and TPC Engine Mobile separately.
    This is done in order to more accurately concentrate on each asset separately and get a higher quality.

24. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Third Person Character Engine v1.02 released and available in the Asset Store!

25. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

26. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the next update 1.02f1 we want to change input controller on default Unity input controller. Because according to numerous reports, current input controller quite difficult and you constantly have questions about how to use it.
    We will not remove its support it will continue to be supplied in the package and if desired you will be able to enable it.

27. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In monday will available new update 1.02f1!

Release Notes:
    • Changed input manager.
    • Improved Foot's IK
    • Fixed some bugs.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  28. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Don't worry, the asset will appear in the store in 1-2 days. Support for the asset is not stopped, we will continue to improve our asset!

29. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

30. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In the new update we removed Custom Input manager from package and switched to default Unity Input Manager.
    Now if you want to add new input just add it standard input manager.

31. BryanO

BryanO

Are the AI from your first person shooter multiplayer and this asset compatible? Can I import this controller into a first person multiplayer project and use it?

32. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You can do this if you have a basic knowledge of programming.

33. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Write what features you would like to see in the new update. We will try to accommodate your wishes and add them in the next update.

34. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

does this still have AI in it? i don't see it in the doc or the video any more

35. gubbygub

gubbygub

Hello I just purchased this but am unable to see the TPC Engine menu on the menu bar like step 3.1 shows in the documentation link on the asset store page. Any chance you know the fix for this issue? Thanks in advance.

36. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

May be you have some compile errors?

37. billybob1978

billybob1978

Just bought the multiplayer version! Will share my experience later. Thanks for the support here.

Edit;

Ok got it loaded, kinda lost. Read the documentation, doesn't seem to be much help with multiplayer.

I think the Input manager script is not loading. I get an error saying it cant be loaded. I do not have the option to create a new input manager (like in documentation) in the file menu. Its not available.

Will keep tinkering

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  38. lzardo2012

lzardo2012

Hi

I just bought your asset, but this error is preventing me of using it:

Assets\Third Person Character Engine Mobile\PostProcessing\Editor\PropertyDrawers\MinDrawer.cs(6,34): error CS0104: 'MinAttribute' is an ambiguous reference between 'UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute' and 'UnityEngine.MinAttribute'

Thanks in advance for your help

39. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

Hello, i am getting the same error as above, plus errors about substance designer no longer being available

40. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

For some reason, we have not received notifications that there were left messages.
    Yes of course you can change default input manager in TPC Engine. Just see Standalone Input Manager.cs, you can make your own in his image.

41. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

For some reason, we have not received notifications that there were left messages.
    We will soon release an update to fix this bug, but you can fix it now:
    Open MinDrawer.cs -> add this line in top
    using MinAttribute = UnityEngine.PostProcessing.MinAttribute;

42. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

In Unity 2018.3 there were a lot of changes, very soon we will release new update to fix this bugs.

pudd1nG likes this.
  43. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

does this have AI ?

44. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Not yet.

45. lzardo2012

lzardo2012

Thanks!

46. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We are glad to have helped you, we will be glad, if you leave a review in the Asset Store!

47. WinterfellsSummer

WinterfellsSummer

Hi,I just bought your asset, and import it(version 1.02f1, unity version 2017.4 and 2018.3),but get some ploblems:
    1.IK don't work.

2.footsteps sound don't work.

3.don't see any multiplayer system script

48. RedactedProfile

RedactedProfile

Hi,

I want to like this asset so badly, but I am now 7 days into trying to figure it out and I am no closer to a working character.

I have the $21.99 third person engine asset, imported fresh.

I go to "Create > Character" and "Create > Camera". I dare NOT choose "Empty Character" as suggested in the manual, for at that point there's so much stuff to know how things are hooked up together it's a bit crazy and the documentation does not specify what all is needed to make things happen.
    But even still here, with a minor things to hook up, my character does not move, he's just stuck in a T-Pose. After 7 days.

However, I notice that the robot mesh in the demo scene is all one mesh. My character is made up of several meshes, and that's on purpose for how this game im working on is going to work. But when it comes down to it, it doesn't seem like I can assign more than one mesh to the "skeleton" at a time.

On top of this, when I hit play, a bazillion error messages flood the console. I wish I had the error in front of me, it looked like some kind of calculation exception.

1. Am I not able to just create the skeleton in Blender and use my own skin weights? Must I absolutely have to use these unity capsules?
    2. I really recommend sitting down and hammering out the documentation. Because this asset is incredibly confusing and the documentation having "Coming Soon" sections on the most important parts is embarrassing for an asset asking for $21usd (which to me was $41CAD). I bought this asset to save time and make use of some nice features like the IK, and I've gotten nowhere with it after a full week of tinkering and I'm getting really frustrated with it

Using Unity 2018.3

49. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello RedactedProfile!
    We are preparing a very large update, which will be completely rewritten the all editor, now editor will be much cooler and more convenient. All components will be improved, some are completely rewritten and new features and capabilities will also be added, we are sure you will be satisfied!

50. FozzyTheDev

FozzyTheDev

I Just bought the asset, everything works quite good till now. at the beggining i had to correct some words in the code but then it was ok.

I have a different problem..

it seems to be running VERY laggy on my computer.. i havea GAIA terrain and this asset. nothing more. and the performance is really really bad.

Why is that?

my pc:
    i7 8700k
    gtx 1070
    16GB ram