Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi,
    Saw that video late yesterday and had nightmares :D I have to find the strength to record more tutorial videos. Probably redo all tutorials with a new patch.

2. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Btw that game graphics very nice! can you share more info about your game?

3. magique

magique

If you record new videos please be very deliberate with clear voice instructions. When you're talking in your video it just sounds like mumbling to yourself. The best tutorial videos are done with a really good microphone and every step of the process is explained very clearly. Adding text annotations would also help.

I can't share any more just yet, but the game is on a short deadline so it won't be long before I can show much more.

4. munimraza

munimraza

Hi, I am having an issue that some times when I take cover during fighting enemies (with enemies taking covers) my character starts rotating and same happens sometimes with enemy AI. This stops as soon as I turn off enemies or completely turn off the cover taking feature of enemies. Is this bug resolved ? please help me I am almost at the edge of my project and this is a core feature in my game.

5. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi can you provide more information its hard to give any advice now. Its first time I hear about this kind of bug.

6. Luistrotamundos

Luistrotamundos

I think the email is not for support, a couple of days ago I wanted to buy a character from one of your assets. but I do not know if my mail arrived. (It was sent from this account luistrotamundos@gmail.com If possible, please contact me).

7. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

HI Luis
    I replayed to your other email (parastorage) now also to your gmail. :) goodluck

8. AshyB

AshyB

I haven't noticed this myself yet, did you fix the problem?

9. f1chris

f1chris

@EduardasFunka I’m trying to have the AI to ignore my Player when I’m unarmed. I tried to set AI to same team as my Player but AI is freezing when they see me.

2nd behavior I’m trying to achieve: would to have civilians where they can hide under cover when they hear gun shots.

EduardasFunka and zenGarden like this.
  10. zenGarden

zenGarden

I agree the AI needs to be a bit modular, with parameters like : %hide, % flee, %Agressive, %cover
    Each of those default parameters you setup could have % condition modifiers, for example some NPC would have %agressive increase by 100% on player attacking it event.

Anyway, i agree there must be Actions with some weigth feature and weight modifiers based on conditions rules.
    This would allwo anyone to make diverse AI using Actions Weights and Rules weights.

11. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

All you asking is coming in next patch AI will be more modular. there will be civilians that can flee, hide and call cops. Cops can call more cops etc. I hope you can increase your rating to something more than 2 stars...

f1chris likes this.
  12. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

than you lucky because it's coming soon we now in catching and fixing bugs stage.

f1chris likes this.
  13. ForceVFX

ForceVFX

Hello, I finally got my character set up and I am running into a couple issues, I did export all your motions into Motionbuilder, ..When I copied your controller and started replacing animation clips, I realized, you had off-set each one individually...I also noticed you cropped some clips..That's where my problems may lie.

1) I can not seem to jump up on and over things (hand jump) (please see video)
    2) when I change weapons,on Back/Crouch cover, I seem to have a rifle motion blended in (please see video)
    3).
    rifle -> un-equip to pistol equip, is missing rifle equip state (putting rifle on his back - at 51-52 seconds)

Remember, I just copied the controller, and replaced each animation, and tried to match each of your animation clip properties (130+ of em)...somewhere I could have messed up..Can you help?

P

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi,
    what unity version you use?
    If I understand correctly there is no bug in your game with our animations and bugs comes when you replace them?
    Try to add both animations to some animation program like MotionBuilder and adjust it.?

Your AI is hardcore :)
    Cheers
    Ed

15. ForceVFX

ForceVFX

1). Unity 2017 (just updated yesterday).

2). your character and animations, are doing the exact same thing....so it is not me.

It was an older version!!

I updated & installed on a brand new project and its fixed, you changed the controller & animations, much better!.

there were a couple minor issues on a fresh install: FYI

1) Camera is missing script. the last one (says : nothing selected
    2) Camera is missing character controller (its just empty)

3) cowboy has 2 Character Effects scripts.

little things

Thanks

p-

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  16. DeltaTech

DeltaTech

any news on when next update is coming and what's in it... trello never changes and been a long while. thank you.

17. Unplug

Unplug

lots of the ideas and wish list here are greatly aligned with mine :) can't wait

18. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

About next update.
    Like my favorite game developer says "it's ready when its ready" :)
    (give us 2 more weeks please)
    AI is hard really really hard. Now, this controller is more AI then a controller if you count code lines.
    some sneak peak

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

Take 3 or 4 weeks if you need it to make it better, don't rush it :)

Nice vid, was stealth feature someone request ? I hope this can be turned off to keep it full action game.

20. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

yes, it's optional. we had stealth feature in beginning it was "weak" because we decided to move towards AI this patch it makes sense to develop this part of AI too.

zenGarden likes this.
  21. Unplug

Unplug

look super nice @EduadasFunka can't wait !!!

@zenGarden a paid request, maybe other have done it too but we wanted some custom stuff and invested in this asset. some stuff we ask will benefit other. the more we share the more we gain ;)

i have a light system that i already modified so that they dont see you in the dark and also have put in place a sound detection system so that they can hear your footstep and you can go silently and it work very well with the original version. can't wait to incorporate the latest one. its really rushing blood to my head

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  22. zenGarden

zenGarden

It benefits others when others plan to use it in the very specific way you use it :rolleyes:
    Anyway that's cool.

@EduardasFunka
    I got some request after release because there is some weak detection issue.
    If your player is out of range from AI detection AI, when the player fires near AI, let's say the bullet passes very near misses AI, and makes impact one meter around the AI, there is no AI reaction.
    AI could have those options :
    - AI know and guess where is extactly the player and go to attack mode
    - AI is alerted only , knowing only the direction of the player , so taking cover accordingly , until AI sees the player
    - AI know the player direction and it's vision range increases a lot able to see player in very far range

Until you make Uncharted like game where this is full action you don't need this option.
    If you make some open world, and you can have many approaches to AI zone, these options make sense.

23. f1chris

f1chris

I'm having a trail renderer issue with the mobile version. This is from a clean import and using 2017.3b

Anybody having the same problem ?

Attached Files:

• bug.png
      bug.png
      File size:
      685.6 KB
      Views:
    Rahd likes this.
  24. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

@EduardasFunka is the any possibility of ledge hang or ladder climbing coming in the future?
    2nd question how hard would a double jump and/or hover be to implement. I imported it and it works but I haven't looked into the code yet.

This looks like the start of a amazing controller with AI. If I manage to integrate this with ORK I might be able to slap together a Unity version of Mass Effect Andromeda free of the EA taint. with minimal modifications

25. DankP3

DankP3

Looking nice. Will this also have torch animations for player and for both player and AI, if they could hold the torch alongside the gun barrel when aiming and firing I think that could have wide use.

A second suggestion could be low crouching and crouch walking.

Apologies if any of this suggested before. I've bought and am looking forward to playing with it.

Thanks

26. zenGarden

zenGarden

For most users we don't need a full Uncharted 4 character or some double jump character.
    This could be added as additionnal plugins why not ?

And Invector plugin will be integrated to work with this cover plugin , so perhaps your best solution is to go with Invector character controller ?

27. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We plan to add climbing mele and power abilities in future. Basic mele punch with gun will come soon more complex need to record animations.

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  28. DeltaTech

DeltaTech

looks cool! i know its a step ahead but Ai talking and chatter?

29. zenGarden

zenGarden

Perhaps as some addon later ?

30. f1chris

f1chris

@EduardasFunka any feedback on that bug ?

31. Unplug

Unplug

@EduardasFunka The ennemy animation holding the flashlight, the hand should wobble a bit so that it is less static. The light should be moving slightly and randomly a couple of degree here and there. Overall it's awesome :)

32. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi,

I have not tested with beta build yet. when its going life? I think its best to test couple days before it is life it could be unity bug.

33. angel_m

angel_m

Are you going to add a melee attack with knife?
    What about climbing a ladder?
    Thanks

34. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi, not planed in near future.

35. angel_m

angel_m

36. Kats4

Kats4

@EduardasFunka
    Olá amigo! Você planeja o multiplayer? Em caso afirmativo, quando você estará pronto?

Obrigado

37. angel_m

angel_m

In the actual version (1.3.1) downloaded from the Asset Store are not implemented the grenades, but the version history says they are. Could you explain this?

38. zenGarden

zenGarden

In mobile version they are available. Didn't you miss something ?

39. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi,

What unity version you use? if you use 5.5 something it will download the first version we submitted long time ago. It tries to match our old version with your unity version. ( I think it does this way we are new in the store don't know all tricks) Try download version with 2017 unity it will have grenades. if you need 5.5 then you can just downgrade it works perfectly.

40. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

google translate :
    Planejamos o jogo multijogador com a solução padrão multiplayer da unidade

41. angel_m

angel_m

I use Unity 5.6.4. You said 5.6.x unity versions were full supported, and I assume with all the features.

Another question: Your cowboy character has cartoon proportions, with huge arms so when using my own character model (realistic) it doesn´t fit and the arms of my model are forced and over-stretched when aiming the weapon, because the provided aim poses are not suitable for realistic character models.
    Is there any solution for this?

42. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

everything works on 5.6 its just confusing stuff with a store (I will fix it with next update sorry.)
    About arms, there is a problem that lots of different body sizes and sometimes unity do not retarget nicely. the solution is you need to fix manually those poses that you don't like in animation software.
    we plan to add another character for marketing purposes (cowboy do not perform well according to some people) Will try to make his proportion close to a "virtuvian man" maybe it will help when they can choose from 2 body sizes.

43. angel_m

angel_m

I can't fix it manually by myself because my model is made by a hired artist time ago. Maybe the problem is related to IK pose, but the automatic IK setup is not solving the issue.
    When is planned to release the realistic character?

44. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

You don't need to change your model just to fix animation. You import animation on your model and modify to your liking. Its easy process if you know how to do those things and could be confusing if you never done.

I don't have a date for the realistic character now. It's something we chat internally that we want to change once we have free time for that.
    Send me your character and names of animations you don't like maybe its something I can help you fast if not then I can do a refund and we go separate ways :)

45. angel_m

angel_m

Ok. I will send you my character and we will see.

EDIT: character sent.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  46. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi,

Problem is with your character. I fixed you character and it plays like a cowboy now no need to adjust any animations.

here is errors in unity:

How it should look in unity : (fixed)

Problem is with a structure

How it should be

I'll send your character back Fixed in email

Goodluck
    Ed

47. angel_m

angel_m

Thanks. I will check it.

48. f1chris

f1chris

Few questions here :

- I find AI moving a bit too fast to my liking, specially when sprinting and dodging. Anyway I kind slow them down other than changing animation clips ?

- @AshyB how is your integration with Inventory Pro is doing ? any issues since your last post ? I'm more interested in the part where you can swap weapons.

- would be curious to see what people did with the weapons. Did you change it drastically or still using more or less the delivered ones ?

49. redchurch

redchurch

What's the simplest way to set up ragdoll on death?

50. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

@AshyB I'm Curious about this as well. Would it be possible for a tutorial post on what you might have changed? You it was harder to setup inventory pro than the integration was so presumably it would only be a tweaks?