Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. gsmax

gsmax

Has any one here used Opsive Third Person Controller ?. I know they have AI add-ons, is it good enough?

2. p_hergott

p_hergott

Invector ai does cover, easier and better

3. p_hergott

p_hergott

So, out of all the ai things, the biggest attraction of this asset is the shooter AI? Im curious, things like invector and BD could also do everything like this but more. But are more work to set up. If someone developped a shooter AI system, with AI that worked like this one, but set up something simular to say emerald AI. So shooter AI would more or less just be simple drag and drop. Which offers less than invector and BD, but would be super simple and wuick to set up. Would that be a solid AI solution?

4. colpolstudios

colpolstudios

I recently purchased Game Kit Controller also Emerald AI. I'm only starting to use the Game Kit Controller and I must state "excellent support" The system can be integrated with Emerald AI, but I have yet to get to that point within my development.

I have also Invector shooter and FSM AI and the builder addon. Personally, I did not think much of the Invector AI in relation to cover, but possibly that is lack of experience with their asset.

I like the idea of having smart AI and Game Kit Controller on its own has great potential. I also have Advance battle AI now deprecated it is a playmaker AI solution. I understand quite a bit of this system even fixed some outstanding issues with it.

What I miss the most is the player cover system used within third-person shooter cover, I have not seen this done by any other asset, Yet!

5. p_hergott

p_hergott

Theres another, but isnt feature rich. Emerald AI i find to be lacking, the AI is simple and it has 1 big box collider. Gck does have great support, always has, for years. Is insanely feature rich, but thats a cost too, gck AI is extremely performance heavy. Like much more than 10 - 15 AI at once, is a huge drop in frames

6. colpolstudios

colpolstudios

Did you report that finding AI is extremely performance heavy. Like much more than 10 - 15 AI at once, is a huge drop in frames to them?

7. p_hergott

p_hergott

Id image they know. Its not bad structure, its the amount of stuff and the methods used. Its good AI, but its heavy. For the same performance you can run about 60 third person cover shooter AI, roughly 200 BD AI, 500 Emerald AI.

8. abunwaaf

abunwaaf

Your assets are very cool and I'd like to buy them
    But surprises that for nearly two years the original was not updated or even some comments in the forum on the unity were not answered
    My question?
    Are the assets still backed?
    Are there updates soon?

9. p_hergott

p_hergott

10. DeltaTech

DeltaTech

Whats this DB AI everyone keeps talking about? since this asset is dead as well, does anyone know why shooter ai got deprecated and what the best AI system out there is regardless of how heavy performance it is?

11. colpolstudios

colpolstudios

Some interesting reading: https://forum.unity.com/threads/what-ai-asset-should-i-use.395451/

12. rooskie

rooskie

Anyone knows how to rest camera to be exactly behind the character? When the game starts it just looks at the character from front.

13. gsmax

gsmax

Saw some users were able to use the asset Update Manager to optimize this asset. Please if you did, how did you implement this.

14. Toby31

Toby31

currently having an issue with the A.I moving to your last location where you stood after attacking you, then moving around a small modular environment ignoring your player even if you shoot the enemy. Has anybody else had the same issue with the A.I?

if anybody could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. :)

15. Anhella

Anhella

Good Day
    does anyone know how to destroy custom game objects
    with TPCS weapons? if so can you please tell me where is the raycast script that make the hits happen?

thanks in advance

16. Anhella

Anhella

Good day all you have to do is use the AI waypoint Script. to add select your Ai Character select add component type in Aiwaypoint select it than with in the component select add waypoint.
    select the Ai Character in your scene and make sure unity gizmo is selected in the scene menu, to show waypoint circles than click where ever you want the character to walk/patrol.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
unityunity