Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. Wothanar

Wothanar

2. Wothanar

Wothanar

Give the link to that forum since i entered to your website and look all over it and there is no such link to any forum on your website , dude im really stress coz your plugin have many things i just cant understand, why im having this weird bugs please explain soon or help me becouse im start to be sad with it seriously , i found many weird glitches even after get the 2019.1 still have weird stuff going on with your plugin and... the code is extremely big all players have toons of components and all the scripts have alot of lines, i just wonder is really this scripted in a nice manner? if that the case WHY THE HELL IM HAVING THIS BUGS i imported it clean with out touch nothing and gived a play the character walked a lil then i cover take my pistol out and that bug i sended you the link appear and my character begin down into floor so bad and so wrong and so weird , this is not worthly 75 USD for this is just a scam to me if you dont fix it....

3. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

4. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

just send me your invoice number and we can all return to normal game dev instead of panic and fear of the scamers.

TeagansDad likes this.
  5. Wothanar

Wothanar

this is not worthly, i will start from 0 with my own system since yours its pathetic , it takes 100000000000 lines of code for just do few features singleplayer... pathetic and the support 0 and your actitude its irritating me , every time you talk i just cant belive how i waste my money on you, 0 stars for you , and want my money back

https://gyazo.com/ad408a07475fe0fd19143720b8387bfd?token=595d55f820698b3cba0ac2217b993e62

people see how this guy talk me on email after i request his help ... he call himself professional ROFL

6. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

A pleasure to do business with you sir.

TeagansDad and Unplug like this.
  7. Wothanar

Wothanar

i dont like your code at all , i can do this myself with much less lines of code promise! i surrender with this so i post the invoice number im waiting my refund ! bye ! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLUGIN ! and if you pretend this be multiplayer hah! GOOD LUCK WITH IT GUYS

8. Wothanar

Wothanar

So, still waiting , i will give you 24 hours to refund after that i will contact unity support ...

9. Wothanar

Wothanar

10. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

11. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

You need to delete your library files and have Unity rebuild everything.

Lay84 likes this.
  12. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Lay84 likes this.
  13. Lay84

Lay84

You should hire some of the other helpful guys/gals on here as your Public Relations team, you have a good asset but clearly customer relations is not your thing :) . Looking forward to the update though.....

14. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Can't afford one :(. People think we some kind of corporation when in reality 2 guys trying to survive making game stuff.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    satchell, TeagansDad, Toby31 and 6 others like this.
  15. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Considering how rude the other guy was being I see no problem with this approach. Its honestly better than I would have responded.

16. redoxoder

redoxoder

Rahd likes this.
  17. Lay84

Lay84

yeah I agree, I was just giving him a hard time.

On another note, wondering if anybody has any advice on something. I would like to create a Lure type mechanic, like a rock or coin throw to make the AI investigate that area. I saw @Rahd mentioned way back in the thread that he modified the grenade prefab to achieve this but the grenade script(S) are very bloated for this function or for what I think shouldn't be to hard to do. The hard part for me and really all I want from the grenade script is the Aiming with mobile joystick but looking at the mobile flow its a lot of scripts involved. The grenade talks to the motor when active, the motor talks to the mobile controller, the mobile controller back to the motor, and then the grenade , then messages to all the enemy colliders in the explosion sphere with many variables involved..... o_O, The grenade also looks to be pretty tied in to the motor so that if I changed the name or copied into a new script it will not work. I'm sure this is best for grenade but I think its overkill for just a rock that does no damage. anyway I plan to dig into this the next day or two but wanted to know if anybody had any success or ideas on an optimized approach.

**To be clear I'm not saying the grenade is bad or not optimized, I'm saying its too much for me (NOVICE PROGRAMMER) to use as a starting point for something IMO less complicated.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

UPDATE:
    looking at the grenades I think I will have to just create an override apply method (similar to toxic grenade) that applies an alert to all listeners, I couldn't find how to change the state to investigate on teh fighter brain as its private and ties into if AI is alerted..... I didn't want to use the grenade because I don't have grenades in my game and its a hefty script but looks like it is the only way to go.

UPDATE 2:
    well that was easy... I created a new script similar to toxic grenade, erased everything except override apply:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class Lure : Grenade
    2.     {
    5.         protected override void Apply(GameObject target, Vector3 position, Vector3 normal, float fraction)
    6.         {
    7.             //base.Apply(target, position, normal, fraction);
    9.             Debug.Log("Explosion Less Explosion");
    10.         }
    13.     }
    then I created a new explosion prefab with no visual effects with an Alert component, plug that into the slot on grenade, and it works. Only problem I see is there is still a delay from the grenade timer, if you change this it decrease the length you can throw the grenade... will see if there is any option to explode on colliding with ground.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Paul-Swanson likes this.
  18. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Its all about AI. I believe we added little fixes for controller too.
    Right now you can do everything like old AI + lots of new features and lots of polish like better search better cover fighting, a lot better open area combat turns for fighting etc..
    Right now its a lot easier to add new features because we can see what AI is doing. Previous AI was doing everything at once and was more chance based so was very hard to add any features. So expect a lot of new features for AI in the future.

When we making AI we make AI open dors because he wants to go there not because he wants to open doors. And if he meets criteria (has key or doors unlocked) he just goes through. Same for the climbing ladder, if AI has interest on top of the ladder he climbs it.

19. Acissathar

Acissathar

Similar to what @MastermindInteractive mentioned, I ran into some similar issues as you in the 2018.X versions. The reason it was happening is that I had downloaded the asset in 2019.X, and was the cached version that the Asset Store was trying to pull into my project.

Try going to %appdata%\Unity\Asset Store-5.x and deleting the Redbee folder, and then re-download it but make sure that you are downloading from a 2018.X version, and then try a fresh project import again.

io1 and satchell like this.
  20. Wothanar

Wothanar

ALL LIES, i start it with 2018.3 and start not working , i have experienced many weird bugs and you all guys blame to unity, when i never saw this kind or better I DONT SEE ANY BUG WITH ANY ASSET just this one, And people say im rude? what are the rude words i write? come one you guys are so rich that dosnt care to waste money on something that is not out of the box, i dont care what you guys say since this looks like a bad script, there are toons of code just for do a walk listener with keys and stuff that i think are all not need at all it can be just few lines of code but this guy made it with 1000000000, its ok if for you guys the plugin works and you guys like it coz dosnt need any expansion or code or even work with it , i cant be happy with something that im experiencing bug since i bought it ... seriously im not rude im just realistic , so stop talking about im rude when i never being rude i just hate when people start to be like they are the center of the universe when they are not , im experiencing problems and no ones seems to care ... good plugin community you have here .... Still waiting my refund guy i will take this to the unity support for they remove you from store if dont do the refund today....

21. Wothanar

Wothanar

The ai is pathetic to me , i found alot of bugs where my new characters using his tutorial with ai dosnt attack me i come into pain since i didnt found any solution and the documentation its terrible his videos are not helping at all and all its just a waste of money of time so i think i deserve my refund since i dont want to use it and i cant even do anything since the ai its terrible and dosnt work like it should...

22. Acissathar

Acissathar

Just try deleting the cache download and redownload, and then import into a fresh project including everything in the package.

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  23. Wothanar

Wothanar

NO! I ALREADY SAW ALL THE CODE AND ITS ALL WRONG its a nightmare of plugin and i have exprienced bugs on all unity versions i tested it i dont want to continue losing my time so you have a couple hours dude to refund still waiting!

24. Wothanar

Wothanar

stop blame to unity or my pc or I HAVE CONFLICTS pfff thats crap, your plugin its wrong ,its not compatible with unity versions as you say , so you lie , so its not what it should be so i want my refund OVER THIS IS MY LAST WARNNING

25. Wothanar

Wothanar

DID YOU THINK THIS A NICE SOLUTION? seriously? this is not the only problem thats what im afraid of and second the guy it dosnt deserve my money coz he its so unrespectfull and so ego that i dont really care about anything now just to have my money back since he donst want to support me or help me fix his plugin bugs that i saw too many on this 4 days that i cant even count them, and there are more , ai its stupid it dosnt do what he say it does he say its smarter faster all crap its yunk to me its not more then lies and scam since the code its too bad scripted he start to add and add things over and over now its all uncommented we cant do anything with it...

26. Acissathar

Acissathar

It's not my asset. Just someone who ran into similar issues trying to help you out.

Since you won't even attempt any given support, I don't think you're going to get the response you want from Unity either.

They don't just blindly rand instantly refund anyone, they reach out to the developer and get their thoughts as well. I've been through it, and it can take a few weeks.

27. Wothanar

Wothanar

YOUR SUPPORT? did you read what he told me ? that he will not support me ? he never did... i fixed the things myself and still even with the plugin working 100% it had bugs , bugs that i cant even reconize since he dosnt comment his code so we have to study all his code for know whats going on? if you call this plugin be professional then i will never hire a guy like you seriously , this is far away to be professional more when they want to run when some one comes into trouble with the plugin... just stay away if you are not the plugin maker or anyone of the team , why you come to try to help me since you dont know how the plugin work at all ...

28. Wothanar

Wothanar

75 pages of brain for the ai... good luck to study this plugin it will be same if i start my own system from 0 so i dont see the point here to use this plugin at all... https://gyazo.com/7fe9bfd09ec899d76e0db81518bf79fd all are blueprints , did this guy scripted some code ? im just wondering since i think he dont know even to script he just do blueprints lol go back to unreal with that...

29. Wothanar

Wothanar

30. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

@Wothanar I've prevented you replying to the thread further. You'll take it to PM because a thread like this, it's for everyone not just your platform to shout at people trying to help. This is not a reversible decision.

It's not personal: it's done on any thread where there's no room for other people to speak.

slaczky, TeagansDad, Unplug and 4 others like this.
  31. chainsawpenguin

chainsawpenguin

Yeah, um... That was a heck of a ride.

Anyway, I just want to know what I need to do to be able to ROTATE the left hand in addition to moving it into place. I played around a bit with the OnAnimatorIK() (since the IK layers are already there) but it seems to never get called... Maybe I'm missing something?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  32. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

HI,
    we have no option now to rotate. If you want to rotate you need to do with animations. We plan to rework IK in the future but for now, you left with animation tuning for the rotations...

chainsawpenguin likes this.
  33. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

34. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes 5 brains:
    A boxer that takes turns to fight if you have more boxers around.
    An assault that rushes you with a shotgun investigates enemies.
    Melee assault that rushes enemies with a baseball bat investigates enemies.
    Fighter all-around soldier type takes cover, comes closer, investigates, switch weapons when in close combat. Flees when low health.
    Camper- sniper stays in one spot, shots maintain large distance.

And more brains will come once we launch. You can share brains easily with the community. It's just one file that contains no code just brain logic. We will have many different AI that people can apply to their games easily.

35. Rahd

Rahd

for the lure , the way i did it was to have a triggered collider sphere with a script , in the script i will use on trigger enter , and get the Ai brain them use a modified move to the enemy to the transform position of the lure then play the investigate state. not sure if i still have the code or this will work with the new update , i will share it using the nodes once the update is out .

redoxoder and EduardasFunka like this.
  36. Lay84

Lay84

Do you remember what method in the fighter brain triggers or plays the investigate state? The var fighterstate isnt public and its tied into other methods in the fighter brain.

37. hicksor

hicksor

Hi there,
    I am pretty much ready to buy your asset, however it doesnt make sense to start development before ur new version is out. Also since AI is What i am mostly interested in with this asset. So is there an ETA for 1.7 or are you willing to forward the unpublished 1.7 to customers who have already bought your asset? Of Course in conjunction with ur updated price? Cheers!

38. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We plan to increase price a little. If u buy now u get 1.7 free. Depending how long intro will take maybe we will upgrade brain editor performance.

39. Qianfulong

Qianfulong

Thanks for your reply Eduardas. But can you tell me when 1.7 will be available on the asset store. And if asset store publication takes some more time, would it be an option to provide an early access to 1.7 to existing customers?

redoxoder likes this.
  40. Unplug

Unplug

@EduardasFunka do you plan having 1.7 to work on unity 2017. you said something about copying file manually to make it work, can you give costumer access to an archive for that file structure ? I know you can't have both on unity store, but i'm on 2017 and wish to update... I'm currently on 1.5 and will be upgrading to 1.6.2 (is it compatible with 2017?) 1.7 and new AI seems really badass, congradulation, I hope i can update

41. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

[Another Free Script Exhancement]
    MedKitPickup:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. using CoverShooter;
    8. [RequireComponent(typeof(AudioSource))]
    9. [RequireComponent(typeof(Rigidbody))]
    11. public class HealthPickup : MonoBehaviour {
    13.     [Tooltip("Player Gets assigned Here Automatically")]
    14.     public GameObject Player = null;
    15.     [Tooltip("Set the tag or it gets set to Player Automatically")]
    16.     public string PlayerTag = null;
    18.     [Tooltip("Ammo you want sent")]
    19.     public int HealthDropAmount = 50;
    21.     [Tooltip("Object for HUD display")]
    22.     public GameObject FloatingTextPrefab;
    24.     [Tooltip("Popup you want for the HUD")]
    25.     private string GUIpopup;
    27.     public AudioClip soundEffect;
    28.     AudioSource audio;
    29.     private int SoundCount = 0;
    31.     void Awake()
    32.     {
    33.         AssignTag();
    34.         AssignPlayer();
    35.     }
    37.     // Use this for initialization
    38.     void Start()
    39.     {
    40.         audio = GetComponent<AudioSource>();
    41.     }
    43.     void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    44.     {
    45.         if (other.tag == PlayerTag && other.gameObject.layer == 10)
    46.         {
    47. //If Present health is lower than Maximum Health then Health is now Health + Heal Amount
    48.             if (Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().Health != Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().MaxHealth)
    49.             { Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().Health = Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().Health + HealthDropAmount;
    51. // If Present health exceed Max Health then Set present health to Max health
    52.                 if (Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().Health > Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().MaxHealth )
    53.                 { Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().Health = Player.GetComponent<CharacterHealth>().MaxHealth; }
    54.             };
    56.             if (FloatingTextPrefab != null)
    57.             {
    58.                 SendGUItext();
    59.                 PlaySound();
    60.             }
    61.             Destroy(gameObject);
    62.         }
    63.     }
    65.     void SendGUItext()
    66.     {
    67.        GUIpopup = "+ " + HealthDropAmount + " ";
    68.         var go = Instantiate(FloatingTextPrefab, transform.position, Quaternion.identity);
    69.         go.GetComponent<TextMesh>().text = GUIpopup;
    70.     }
    72.     void PlaySound()
    73.     {
    74.         if (!audio.isPlaying && SoundCount < 1)
    75.         {
    76.             audio.PlayOneShot(soundEffect, 1.0F);
    77.             SoundCount++;
    78.         }
    79.         else return;
    80.     }
    82.     void AssignTag()
    83.     {
    84.         if (PlayerTag == null)
    85.         {
    86.             PlayerTag = "Player";
    87.         }
    88.         else
    89.         {
    90.             return;
    91.         }
    92.     }
    94.     void AssignPlayer()
    95.     {
    96.         if (Player == null)
    97.         {
    98.             Player = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag(PlayerTag);
    99.         }
    100.         else
    101.         {
    102.             return;
    103.         }
    104.     }
    105. }
    This is just like my Ammo pickup script you construct the Item exactly the same way. Except instead of using the Ammo script you use this. I'll put a video out tomorrow, since it was requested. Got some ESO to play tonight instead though.

Obviously, HealthDropAmount is the amount of Health you want to heal. If you wanna test it just set regen rate to 0 (my default was 15) first then change your present health on CharacterHealth to a value under max. I believe the default is 500 so set like 250, then walk over the item.

Essentially what it does is first scan if you're the player, If so then tests if you have Max health. Since you don't, it adds the Value of HealthDropAmount to your present health, and if that value exceeds Max health...Sets it to the defined Max Health in the CharacterHealth Script. Which is totally modifiable if you want an over-heal effect or something but you are on your own for that one.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    StaticWave, Toby31, Munken and 2 others like this.
  42. mukki014

mukki014

Is it possible to make pickable weapon with this kit ?

43. mukki014

mukki014

It is applicable for picking up weapons and ammo as well?

44. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I made a separate script for that a while back. Look for my posts in this thread and you will find various enhancements that I've given

io1 and mukki014 like this.
  45. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you

46. Toby31

Toby31

Has anybody had an issue with game not resetting on death?

Have set up my character quite a while ago with weapons and upon play when the player dies the game does not reset. Just carries on playing and A.I carry on attacking dead player.
    My capsule collider for the player is set above the players head due to me not setting the players group pivot point at the feet of the player and I thought this might have effected the A.I to carry on attacking and stopping the game to reset. When I turn back on the Cowboy player the game does reset.
    I have now tried to import my character back in to the demo scene with pivot at the feet of the character and set him up and player is now half way in the ground up to his chest upon play, again when the character dies the game does not reset.

Has anybody had any similar issues?

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

47. io1

io1

It hasn't been happening to me Toby. My skills are quite basic so I can't presently offer any helpful advice as a solution.

Toby31 likes this.
  48. Toby31

Toby31

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I have fixed the issue now, was my bad. :|
    Had edited character health script and not added the script to player for enemy's dropping items so was stopping the game resetting, didn't know it had to be added to the player also as for some reason when i set this up with the cowboy In test scene it did not have to add it and it still reset the game. Confused but hopefully this has solved the issue. ;)

io1 likes this.
  49. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Sorry to be a pester @EduardasFunka but do you have any updates on the updates?

io1 likes this.
  50. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

If you want beta just send me an invoice number. its same version you will get from asset store maybe in 2-3 weeks once we test every version. Now its a mess with new unity versions you no longer able to downgrade package and upgrade package also gives people errors.

redoxoder and io1 like this.