Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Hi, I am thinking of buying this but I was just wondering is it easy to integrate other assets with this like some other AI solutions(Behavior Designer, emerald AI). Also, I wouldn't mind an integration with adventure creator/playmaker

2. Munken

Munken

Hi
    Would you care to explain how to do this? I would love that feature!
    Tanks

3. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

is this normal warning message ? i import it in new project with last unity version
    upload_2019-3-1_16-57-33.png

also i want to ask about v1.7 (AI version) which time you think it will be released? I hope there no problem face to you and let you change your workflow

4. jnbbender

jnbbender

OnLevelWasLoaded was deprecated a while ago. Just go to the AISearch.cs script and replace it with the new SceneManager implementation. https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SceneManagement.SceneManager-sceneLoaded.html and https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SceneManagement.SceneManager-activeSceneChanged.html
    But then again, it's just a warning, it works, and I'm sure he'll get around to it.

5. jnbbender

jnbbender

Same issue here. Also gets frozen in midair when jumping over a wall and colliders hit. Tired interpolate and extrapolate.

6. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

If u cant download new version send me invoice number will give you a link

7. jnbbender

jnbbender

Thank you. I have downloaded the latest version, 1.6.2 and using 2018.2.20. Did a diff between this code and the previous drop and I didn't really see how the changes could fix that. It seems the IK function names changed and there is an empty animator method.

8. AlexeyOA

AlexeyOA

Hello there! We want to add our own animations (for example, shot recoil, etc). What's the best way to do it? I mean what soft should we use to edit your animations & create new ones?

9. jnbbender

jnbbender

That's a very broad question. To add your own animations, create a duplicate of the characterAnimator animator controller so you don't mess things up permanently. Simply assign your new animations to the appropriate states in the duplicated animator controller. Make sure you assign it to the character. Not really sure what kind of editing/creating you want to do but Unity's animation editor may work just fine. If not, to create animations, I like UMotion Pro (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/umotion-pro-animation-editor-95991) to edit animations, UMotion Pro can do this for you also but if you're looking for something simpler try VA animation (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/very-animation-96826)

satchell likes this.
  10. jnbbender

jnbbender

Just a note : I am also using 2018.2.20 and not 2018.3. Would this be the issue? I am refusing to move to 2018.3 because it cuts my FPS in half!

Edit: I believe this is the root of my problem. https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/151636/how-to-solve-the-ground-check-problem
    The only difference is that my character is standing on the edge of a ledge

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  11. AlexeyOA

AlexeyOA

So, the thing is that we tried to edit "Pistol_Idle" animation to create a shot recoil animation in Maya and it didn't work out. Do you use UMotion Pro to create new animations? The problem is that when we edit the model\animation in unity animation editor the whole model changes. Is it because the animation on your models belongs to whole model but not to hips?

12. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I use motionbuilder all bones
    I use motion builder all bones animated at same time

13. jnbbender

jnbbender

Yes, I do use UMotion Pro to create animations but based on the "Avatar" I'm using it with. I'm sure the animations are transferable.

You need to use a mask in the Unity Animator. https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation/avatar-masks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  14. jpatinop80

jpatinop80

Hello, I the video demo, but I have a question about strategy part, it is possible to avoid the other characters follow the leader? or only character selection?, not all characters following the leader, maybe one or two, and select what character we want to follow the leader?

15. Toby31

Toby31

@EduardasFunka Thanks downloaded asset with old unity asset store and can move without root motion applied, melee animations also work in Unity 2018.3.6f1

16. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

I'm trying to set up a new character, trying to follow the video and there are no Auto IK Setup buttons on the character motor. What am I doing wrong? @EduardasFunka

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  17. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We got tired of emails from users who forget to press that button so we made it automatic. it just works.

Rahd and MastermindInteractive like this.
  18. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Anyone else having an issue where the AIM state of the camera is changing the camera state when you switch to have a weapon equipped instead of when you are actually aiming? And anyone knows how to fix it?

19. jnbbender

jnbbender

Yeah, having the same issue. I was just gonna update the code so on a right click it just jumps to ZOOM instead of AIM.

20. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

I think I may have found something that is causing the problem. In the CharacterMotor.cs there is a WouldAim function that is setting it to true no matter what.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public bool WouldAim
    2.         {
    3.             get
    4.             {
    5.                 if (_isThrowing || _isGrenadeTakenOut)
    6.                     return true;
    8.                 return IsEquipped && Weapon.Gun != null;
    9.             }
    10.         }
    If you aren't equipping a grenade then you are equipping a gun, right? I'm assuming this should be returning false if you are not equipping a grenade but I need @EduardasFunka to verify.

To temporarily fix this I changed it to the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public bool WouldAim
    2.         {
    3.             get
    4.             {
    5.                 if (_isThrowing || _isGrenadeTakenOut)
    6.                     return true;
    8.                 return false;
    9.                 //return IsEquipped && Weapon.Gun != null;
    10.             }
    11.         }
    Of course, this doesn't take in consideration that you might be trying to equip a fist so this needs the dev's attention.

21. jnbbender

jnbbender

@EduardasFunka Just a suggestion. Many controllers work a long time on their stair system, sliding and ground detection. I believe if you worked more on these it would be a more solid product. Unfortunately I am considering using GKC because of these issues. Keep doing great work.

22. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hello @EduardasFunka, i found a bug. If you run and when you hit the wall in this point, you jump only once time, this happens.
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (4).gif

Unity 2018.2.20f1

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    JBR-games likes this.
  23. Unplug

Unplug

Can somebody post a fix to get the gizmo drawcube from the search zone to rotate alogn the transform. I have try to create a matrix but was only able to get the gizmo rotate around 0,0,0 and not the object itself. The cube is very annoying as it is always wrong as soon as your game is not orthogonal.

24. redoxoder

redoxoder

25. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

Why Ai Dont Can to Shoot? please fix?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  26. umair21

umair21

Check your Player layer and make sure it's set to Character.

27. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

Not Response in Layer

28. umair21

umair21

what was that? What do you mean?

29. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

Check Video And Navmesh Ready

30. umair21

umair21

QUESTION: Can we make our enemies shoot us ONLY when they see a weapon in our hands?

31. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

So far the "Character" is not a problem but the reaction when approaching Ai Enemy is not shot. Then when PLayer shooting Enemy Ai there is a reaction too ...Arrange Weapons Already

32. gsmax

gsmax

How can I switch the Top-down camera in the mobile scene to a Third person camera.
    There are two cameras in that scene. I deactivated the camera with the mobilecamera script and activated the one with the third persona camera script. Even after setting the target, the camera fails to follow the player about.
    Can anyone help with that.

33. umair21

umair21

That's because a Third Person Camera is different than a Top-down Camera.
    Also, Mobile Controller is different than a Third Person Controller.
    When you start your game in Third Person Mode, ThirdPersonCamera.cs script look for a target with a script ThirdPersonController.cs attached to it and it couldn't find it because in Top-down mode, there's no ThirdPersonController script attached to the player. On the other hand, MobileCamera.cs script tries to find a Target with MobileController.cs script attached and so it throws exception which stops the script to execute further.

THIRD PERSON CAMERA SCRIPT LOOKING FOR TARGET (In ThirdPersonCamera script on Line 240):
    TPS 1.PNG

TOP DOWN CAMERA LOOKING FOR TARGET (In MobileCamera script on Line 92):
    TPS 2.PNG

One possible solution that I can think of is, Modify ThirdPersonCamera script so that it could find MobileController instead of ThirdPersonController.

Hope this could help you a little bit. :)

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. Cheers!!!

34. umair21

umair21

Hi everyone, I have a simple question please:

Can we make our character look in the direction of our Input?
    Like, if I press left arrow key, our character should look to the left?
    In short, I don't want my character to strafe.

@Rahd @EduardasFunka @jnbbender
    And everyone else, please do answer if you know.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  35. p_hergott

p_hergott

Anyone know when approx of next pach and whats the focus of it?

Camelot63RU and redoxoder like this.
  36. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Right now we in the polishing stage. It all about AI lots of new features but the most important one that you can create different behaviors using a node-based system save new behavior as brain asset and use it on any AI character share with others.

nik_bluebird, bwv1056, Unplug and 4 others like this.
  37. p_hergott

p_hergott

Oh nice, thx.

38. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

any tutorial about how to use spawn features?

about new version, which time will release, i interest :) ?

39. Plasticlay

Plasticlay

@EduardasFunka Im working with the Mobile shooter. Its my first time setting up a xray style shader for the character if a wall or something obstructs the camera view. Has any one done this before or is there any links you can guide me to for this type of effect

40. shadowlord1

shadowlord1

Does it works with UMA characters? Is there a tutorial for it?

41. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I am not good with shaders sorry trying to tweak default ones usualy.

42. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

It should work with any humanoid. I do not own UMA character.

43. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

spawn in this video

44. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I can tell you that this is the biggest patch we ever did its a big foundation for AI. I promised new patch at the beginning of the year and I was wrong I could be wrong again but I believe we can deliver on April 15.

Rahd and bwv1056 like this.
  45. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We thinking about separating Ai and third person controller into separate packages and charge current users 1usd for AI package. Would you be up for 1 USD donation?

daisySa, jandernunes, moD256 and 6 others like this.
  46. bob777777777

bob777777777

Hello Eduardo! Recently I have purchased and began to use your template, and it really is excellent. However, whilst the normal Gears/Mass Effect angle is very easy to understand, I am having more trouble adapting to use the Top Down View for the PC.This is the angle I intend to use, and as such, I am a little confused. I have set up my character with the movement, and camera, however he is unable to switch weapons and I am not entirely sure of how to key bind certain actions to certain features e.g. Reloading, as he will do it automatically at the moment when the magazine is empty with no way to reload otherwise.

Is there some form of guide I can read to better understand how to set these characters up? Also, is there some way to implement features from the normal view e.g. diving, vaulting and crouching?

Many Thanks in advance.

Lay84 likes this.
  47. shadowlord1

shadowlord1

Hello guys, one more question, is the code of this package modular? How much separated are the features in it?
    Supposing I just want the TPS controller but not AI, Cover or something else, can I do that? Then gradually add what i want/need?

48. f1chris

f1chris

For sure, no problem here !!

49. Unplug

Unplug

im ok to give you 10$ if it speed things up =)

hey question to people good with avatar and bone. I'm having such a headache right now. I'm trying to iterate my mesh and character by polishing, adding blendshape, improving clothes etc. I was expecting to easily be able to keep the same avatar and just swap the mesh in the rendermesh component but it doesn't work. Sometimes object spin, sometimes they just disapear, sometimes the polygon are all smashed. It is so annoying and confusing on a good way to iterate without breaking everything each time.

When i start from scratch with new object, charactermotor complain that either the nexk bone or the head bone doesn't exist despite the animator being setup and the bone really exist in the avatar. Any idea ?

Is there a way to modify bone lenght inside editor without modifying the mesh (like if you are resetting the bone lenght in a 3d app?)

50. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I like this idea. I would absolutely be down for that.