Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

we working on new AI and we want AI to chat. so coming soon. lots of new stuff AI will be able to do and you can make it without coding.

2. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Anyone who makes a tutorial I will gift one of our assets. IF you made a tutorial send me a message I will give you a key to unlock.
    Don't have keys for TPCS but have plenty of other assets.

3. f1chris

f1chris

Yes saw the noding features from your patreon. This is good news but meanwhile can you provide a bit more details on how you’re using Navmesh ? I found out if I’m adding the Navmesh Agent it’s following the walkable area ( if not I’m having jumpers from rooftops or platforms). Problem I have is if I hit by example a corner of a walkable area, Ai got stuck there and walking on place.

If at least I would have my AI animation to stop walking when hitting a walkable limit. Can you help me on that ?

EDIT: what’s your ETA for the new AI nodes features ?

4. Rahd

Rahd

it should just place an empyobject with a triggcollider
    if you need more accurate system for terrain you need to get the texture type from the terrain using terraindata .
    this should work i used it ... if you are doing mobile it's really slow ...
    https://gist.github.com/unity3dcollege/f4e7b3fdb95210561580a0d14c4c4f8a

5. lolclol

lolclol

i might buy this asset asap. :D

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, I created my player char by video tutorial.. all is working except I dont see the sniper sight when I go into the mode. Any idea what Iam missing?!?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

switch aim side? Anybody found out how to switch side of weapon like in the devision?

8. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

There is a switch in the character motor. You just need to bind a key to it and the camera position.

9. rrabassa

rrabassa

I'm having the same problem. Most of my AI are patrolling with waypoints and they do fine but once they spot the player and start following/chasing, they sometimes get stuck in places or walk off the mesh (of rooftops etc). Any ideas? I've rebaked the mesh several times.

-rich

10. rrabassa

rrabassa

Just had a thought/theory on this. Does every part of the nav mesh need to be linked for the AI? For example if I have an AI on the roof top and player on the ground, and there is no direct way to get from the rooftop nav mesh to the ground nav mesh.

f1chris likes this.
  11. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Hey @Rahd (sorry for asking in the larger thread, I think you have PMs disabled). I was starting an attempt at setting up ladder climbing. But then I suddenly remembered you saying you had an idea on that back when you shared the vehicle script. Did you manage to make it work?

If so can I maybe ask how? I was thinking in the animator on the I t setting for climb. Which I assume are a scale setting if it's over 2.5 or something...but not certain. Havent tested anything yet.

12. Rahd

Rahd

sorry about that pm thing , i think it's by default .
    not yet still copying the jump ,roll and climp cover from third to mobilecontroller .
    will get into it , but if you are using third it would not work .
    @EduardasFunka if possible could you make the mobile controller use the third like the topdown? that will be awesome .

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, anybody available for custom work? I have 100 USD for a working tutorial/instruction how to add support for Horse Anim Pro Set.

14. Rahd

Rahd

upload_2018-10-14_9-33-23.png
    i can see it wining the unity award soon . keep it up :)

AshyB, redoxoder, Camelot63RU and 2 others like this.
  15. umair21

umair21

16. PhilipRit

PhilipRit

I am a little curious of there is gonna be any support for integrations with behavior Designer, UCC(Ultimate Character Controller), Bolt or Playfab.

17. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We are not using Navmesh Agents as those have their own movement controls and physics. We did in the past, but it provided countless bugs and errors when trying to translate it's moves to our CharacterMotor.
    Currently we use navmesh methods that calculate paths on their own, which, unfortunately, do not take any agent radius into account and can have generate paths touch corners. We have some ways of dealing with that, which we improve in some versions.
    Try increasing agent radius when generating a navmesh, it will allow some space between the edges of a navmesh and colliders and therefore AI will have it easier navigating corners.

Rahd likes this.
  18. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We do not plan to integrate not many users ask for that. I am afraid of commitments with third-party assets. I will happily provide an asset to those who want to integrate.

pushingpandas likes this.
  19. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We plan to do that.

Paul-Swanson and Rahd like this.
  20. Rahd

Rahd

3 day now , everytime i create a fresh new project and i'mport from github or the store page i get missing prefab .
    tried unity 2017.2 2017.4 2017.3 2018.1 2018.3 .... the bug comes and goes with no reason ?
    i'm trying to merge and i can't even create a fresh project unless it's unity 2018.3 and up ...
    i'm missing something ? thanks in advance

21. Rahd

Rahd

Fresh project for the 9th time
    upload_2018-10-15_20-53-45.png
    did something change ? why it works only on 2018.x or is the 1.6.1b broken
    unity are locking the prefab downgrade again :(

22. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes its unity problem. you can get a version for 2017.x from the store without prefabs. Github does not have this version.

23. Rahd

Rahd

yeah even the store ver 1.6.1B is not working
    new project
    import from asset store
    same issue the 9th October update is compiled on unity 2018 and pushed as 2017

24. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

You need to download with 2017.4.3
    upload_2018-10-16_9-36-39.png

25. Rahd

Rahd

i have no idea what i should do .
    Unity 2017.4.3 (11 May, 2018)
    i even recorded a fresh import session... 3 systems the same problem
    again 2017.4.3 is not working upload_2018-10-15_23-57-21.png
    all i want is the Mobile scene working
    Edit even trying to get the prefabs downgraded by hand won't work
    and in the .prefab code of a fresh 2017.4.3 download from store ... it's clearly made with 2018.2.6
    upload_2018-10-16_0-17-11.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  26. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I just imported to 2017.4 and it works fine. If you want I can give you a whole project. maybe you importing some cached version...

Rahd likes this.
  27. Rahd

Rahd

no need , you were right !!
    now it works after deleting all the folder in C:\Users\"Username"AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Redbee
    it was a cached one that's causing this
    thank you 1000 times, sorry for the mix up

28. lolclol

lolclol

in top down view controller are pretty hard to use specially the shooting and weapon selection on the top right, feels really hard to manipulate.

29. Rahd

Rahd

the sh*tiest bug i have ever ever ever ...ever seen . :)D:D:D:D:D:confused::confused:)

uni7y likes this.
  30. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Rofl what A crappy bug

Rahd likes this.
  31. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

hahahaha

32. Blackghost

Blackghost

I have a question about the projectiles. Can I replace the current projectiles and impact effects with any of the asset stores special effects packs easily? Is it as simple as replacing the prefabs?

33. Reiner

Reiner

hi i have two questions..... first when you think to finished multiplayer for the kit? and any chance to get the unity project file for the tuturial you made without the purchased assets?

Greetz Reiner

34. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I did it fairly easily. If you look back just just a little ways you can see my examples. I used kriptos affects. Yeah it's really just swap em out for the most part

Blackghost likes this.
  35. AshyB

AshyB

Looking good @EduardasFunka keep up the good work.

Might be time to update and try this package out again :)

36. AshyB

AshyB

Yeah, I got it working with inventory pro. Wasn't "too" hard to do, but that was way back before 1.3. Thankfully @EduardasFunka keeps things pretty simple in terms of code, it was actually harder to understand inventory pro's inner workings (there's a lot going on in there for an inventory system - Maybe too much).

Things have probably changed since then.

@NickNovell moving things with bullets is pretty easy to do. I can't remember if this asset uses a raycast or an actual projectile, if projectile, add a script to it then on collision get the rigidbody of the collider and addForce. Or use OnDestroy() and addForce to the location (explosion).

If raycast just do the same, get the rigidbody of the hit collider and addforce.

Different bullet holes on different surfaces is also just as easy, get the renderer material of the impact object and if material.name = "Wood" then show a wooden bullet hole etc. Or use the layer system. Get hit object, if layer="wood" show wooden hole.

37. Blackghost

Blackghost

Did you swap out the whole effects including the scripts, or just the material and textures and used TPCC scripts?

38. AshyB

AshyB

Can't you just inherit and override so when the package gets updated your changes don't get overridden?

39. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I left the scripts alone and just altered a copy of the existing prefbsa. I'll make a tutorial tonight

Blackghost likes this.
  40. Blackghost

Blackghost

Thank you kind sir. It would be appreciated.

41. Rahd

Rahd

i have no idea how AiSearch works but here's a fix for it (argument out of range exception)
    the problem is index is out of the range of the Indices--->Points
    find Search.cs
    and replace SearchPoint get with this :

public SearchPoint Get(int index , Vector3 pos )
    {if (Indices.Count <=0)

{
    Debug.Log("points out of range");

return new SearchPoint(pos, false);

}
    else if ( Indices.Count < index ) {
    Debug.Log("points out of range");
    return Data.Points[Indices[Indices.Count-1]];

}

else {

return Data.Points[Indices[index]];

}

}

let me know if this works

42. Gametyme

Gametyme

Do you have a link?

43. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Np at all. Sorry about the echo i don't have a proper MIC setup and Iv never done a voice over Tutorial before. But this is the basics.
    Applying it to kripto289 effects is a tad more finicky but the same basic process. Just align things a bit. And replace the Impact prefab with the appropriate image. I would have gone into more detail in the video but as you can hear...my daughter was being a tad difficult. So I needed to cut it a bit short.

For kripto289 things its more setup like this:
    We'll use my Brick as an example.
    upload_2018-10-17_22-32-13.png
    BrickPrefab [just the container]
    |
    BulletDecal [Basically a copy of the Bullet impact setup from the video]
    Rocks |
    Rocks [Spawns the debris]
    DustVertical [As the name implies Shoots dust upwards]
    |
    Dust
    Dust
    Its pretty much how it was outta the box, just rotated things a bit and I replaced his Decal system with Ed's; since his was a better setup.

1 Note you'll see in my video i have a Sound on Impact Script
    That was something iv written but I shared it here.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/third-person-cover-controller.472313/page-22#post-3769009

Just put that on the parent for the prefab so when it get Enabled the sound activates too.

And for the Shell sounds when they touch the ground:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/third-person-cover-controller.472313/page-22#post-3761551

EduardasFunka and Blackghost like this.
  44. Blackghost

Blackghost

Thanks for taking out the time to do the video. Very much appreciated

45. umair21

umair21

Haven't solved that sniper going invisible while in scope issue yet.
    And I am damn sure the developer himself have no crap idea how did he do that.
    This forum really sucks now.

46. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

You want refund sir? Send me invoice number. No need to stress over an asset or a forum.

MLipscomb likes this.
  47. umair21

umair21

So you still don't have a damn answer for how to fix the S***y bug.
    Anyone reading this comment, try using your own sniper rifle and then ask the developer to fix that crap where cowboys sniper goes invisible automautomatically while keeping the same hierarchy for your own sniper, your sniper won't gets invisible.
    And the great developer instead of fixing the problem, he's trying to avoid this bug and trying to hide it from others to know.
    Just because of the ignorance on issue of developer, I'm gonna rate it 1 star.
    Thanks for your asset with bugs.

48. rrabassa

rrabassa

any ETA on ladders?

49. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

He gave you an answer. Rahd gave you an answer. I gave you one to. You yourself even said you already knew how to fix it. It's not bothering anyone else. It was in no way game breaking. It was also pretty clear that if you wanted something prioritized for a fix he has a patreon page. Calm down this isn't a massive deal.

pushingpandas likes this.
  50. lolclol

lolclol

have you tried control freak 2 to map those keys for mobile in third person mode?