Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

It's nice to have features. We want to work little more on core features to make them right. We encountered some troubles when we try to extend functionality to our AI it takes lots of development time just to add simple things to AI and the main problem that we can't control AI decision cycles properly and debug those. That's why we decided to improve AI for 1.7 by making Node based User interface to control our AI. I believe we all benefit from that by having believable AI in our games.

redoxoder and Rahd like this.
  2. Rahd

Rahd

yes please !! i will ask him too since i own the plugin too

i dont think Eduardas would like that :D , for the be activated on explosion
    just add the same thing on grenade script except : body.AddExplosionForce insteade of body.Addforce

redoxoder likes this.
  3. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there! @EduardasFunka I wrote you on an Private Message with a voucher for HAP (I have more now :) ) to see if we can create an oficial integration for Horse AnimSet Pro :)

Cheers!

redoxoder and Rahd like this.
  4. Unplug

Unplug

i meant the ragdoll tutorial you shared here. i can't find it you made a video i think or you posted code line. Eduardas could integrate it in the asset, it was pretty cool.

5. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

you will make node editor for user to make own AI ?
    it is very good and it should have a ready to use templates (like, easy and hard enemy for melee - shooter)
    When expected date of release??

6. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes, users will be able to edit or create from scratch.
    Hi, we do not have a date. I hope for 2 months but probably 3.

7. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello!

Can you post a link to this tutorial?
    Thanks!

8. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello,

Has ladder climbing been implemented in this update?

If not, can someone give some suggestions?

Thanks
    Rich

9. CoolMambo

CoolMambo

When is multiplayer coming? I'm deciding if I can build my game now without multiplayer if you guys will make a way to support it in the future.

10. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

No ladder yet

11. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We will check what unity prepared with its new multiplayer solution. and It could come as 1.8 after AI 1.7 patch.

12. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Sorry, could not find it. Need to finish one tutorial project and I'll make this tutorial for you. Give me couple days pls.

Here is a tutorial I am working on now.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Prefab, Malbers, uni7y and 3 others like this.
  13. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

Hi eduards, can u also write documents to explain your system? someone like me it diffecult to follow and understand everything from video :).

14. rrabassa

rrabassa

Thank you!

15. uni7y

uni7y

I must say that I also find it a little strange that without a word the asset is suddenly 25 USD more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I love the cover controller asset but 80 USD is just a bit too expensive and will put a lot of customers off.
    60 or 65 USD would have been a better price for now and will also generate more customers and therefore more money compared to the 80 USD. Since there are a lot of plans with this asset you have to take into account how high you can go with the price, you can not go much higher than 80 USD IMHO.

just my 2 cents ;)

WHHoog likes this.
  16. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Our plan was lets try 50 maybe we will sell more and we will get more patreon subscribers so we can focus more on development less on marketing and worrying if we get paid next month. But 0 increase in sales maybe even fewer sales compared to last year. It was a bad financial decision in our case to lower prices. Maybe increasing prices also not a good decision time will tell.

uni7y likes this.
  17. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Apple formula to test value :) If you use our asset for one project for one year it will cost you 22 cents a day :)

Prefab and uni7y like this.
  18. uni7y

uni7y

yes the patreon subscribers was a very good idea! in combination with the low price maybe no that good but something like that has to grow and that will take some time...

50 USD is just a little too low, because then people wonder if it is really good because it is so cheap... believe me I know that it is difficult to use the right price, I myself worked 20 years in sales / marketing so I know everything about it ;)

anyway it is your asset and you make the decisions yourself but it does not hurt to seek/take advice from others :)

WHHoog likes this.
  19. WHHoog

WHHoog

I agree with @spotdot
    the advantage of a low price is that you also benefit from impulsive buyers, but the higher the price the more you think about it and then leave it to search for something similar. That is e.g. also my experience, I had it just like @imump in my cart but now the price has gone up to 80 USD I'm not interested anymore and I'm waiting for a sale, still want it so hope there will be a sale soon :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  20. p_hergott

p_hergott

Opsives ultimate is like 200 bucks. 80 dollars isnt a bad price for the amount of work they put into it. If anyone is serious about actually finding a controller that does what they like, and do it well. Price isnt really even a question. 80 bucks vs 10000 hours of my time ? Mind you, a small comment to the community informing our brothers that the price is increasing would of just been common courtesy. .

21. magique

magique

True, but that also does First Person as well. Their third person shooter product is $75. Of course, they've now separated shooter from melee and to get both you need to buy two separate $75 packages. I think their pricing has gone a little cray cray myself. Especially since it is far from being a completed product at this point. The older versions did a lot more that's yet to be implemented in the Ultimate versions.

22. angel_m

angel_m

@EduardasFunka: Please, we are waiting for the 2017.x.x. version update...

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  23. p_hergott

p_hergott

And no ai, unless u get that package, another 80 bucks

24. p_hergott

p_hergott

Right now all i want is some form of inventory. An intergration to ip or even just a simple version in the current controller.

25. Eugene_K

Eugene_K

Hello! I'm going to buy your project for a mobile game. what updates are expected for mobile versions? The animator controller is a separate mobile? is the code modular? will I be able to remove unnecessary (for me) checks in the mobile version? Pardon my English

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  26. Dawar

Dawar

how I will add punches with kick I mean combo more then two Animation
    E.g punch-->punch-->Kick

27. magique

magique

@EduardasFunka I have some feedback for the 1.6 Windows stand-alone demo. First of all, overall I really love the demo. Very well put together and fun to play. My only criticism is that the input has a setup that can cause problems for the player. You have it setup so that the mouse wheel switches weapons and the middle mouse button (the wheel) performs the sniper zoom. More than a few times when I went to zoom I ended up switching weapons, which is definitely not desirable. So, the wheel should probably not be used for swapping weapons or maybe have a keyboard key used for the sniper zoom.

28. p_hergott

p_hergott

Im missing something. Its small. If i copy the componets over into a new model. For player and npc. Or even if i just use a prefab npc. They reconize the player, and move and such, but they wont attack, i copied over a patroller from the demo scene and he has no problem shooting me. But i cant get any other ai to attack? I set teams and they are on aggressive. Player and ai are untagged and on character layer

Edit. All fixed, the advoidance was at 4....

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  29. umair21

umair21

Hi, I have some questions.
    1. How can we implement Silenced weapons? E.g. pistol with silencer? I tried changing values in Gun Alerts script, it did implemented silenced weapon, however, now if I hit enemy with that weapon, he doesn't react to the hits.

2. To open up a Sniper Rifle Scope, first you have to press right mouse button and then you must have to press Middle mouse button in order to open up a scope. I want it to directly open a scope whenever I press right mouse button for sniper rifle.

3. In Prototype scene, that boxer character isn't attacking me and instead it just flee away.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE PROBLEMS

30. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi

1 and 3 works on my side just tested. Can reproduce this type of behavior if you set that you and AI both on the same side with actor script. Here is a video.

2. will you be happy if we will make a checkbox for you to use sniper scope with a right mouse button?

Goodluck.
    Ed

31. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Thanks, we need to do something with inputs that users can assign any button to behaviors. Will come in future.

32. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

At the moment you can animate a kick just go to melee layer add one more animation. unfortunately you cant do damage as we do not have a hit collider on your leg. Now we made a system for dual welding but no kicks. Neen to extend functionality in the future.

33. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We plan to add mobile support for the Third person as we have for Top-down version.
    A code is modular.
    I don't know what is necessary or not for you so can't answer this question.

34. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Noted.
    right now we plan
    1.7 node based AI controller
    1.8 Multiplayer support
    1.9 Improve controller.

I don't know you project budget but we offer that you can buy your own patch on our patreon. That would help you, community and us.

35. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Sorry took longer with a Tutorial project I am working. I am going to destroy all prefabs and downgrade nothing special.

36. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Also, guys if I do not respond to your question please write me a second time. Sometimes I get a question that I don't know how to answer I need to investigate if its a big investigation, where I need to set up some specific case so I move that investigation to Friday or some other day and sometimes I forget... So please don't take this personally just send me an email again and I will be a little-embraced that I forgot your issue and will try to find time asap to help you.

umair21 likes this.
  37. Atif_Butt

Atif_Butt

@EduardasFunka
    Is it Compatible For mobile Games? Also need to know, can we use this AI with our controller realistic FPS Controller azuline? Mean to say, is AI( form this asset) dependent on the controller of this asset or we can integtrate this AI with Custon controllers like Realistic FPS?

38. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes, its compatible with mobile.
    I have not integrated with other controllers but there is nothing special about it should be easy.

39. umair21

umair21

May this was the bug in 1.5? Because I was using that but when I checked it in 1.6, it's working perfectly.

And yeah it would be great if you add checkbox for sniper scope.

40. umair21

umair21

I am using CONTROL FREAK for mobile and it's working more than perfect. :D

41. angel_m

angel_m

Those bugs are not present in 1.5 at least in Unity 2017.x version. Is it due to Unity 2018 or 1.6 asset update?

42. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

I havnt seen this happen. Seems like you probably setup the IK targets incorrectly. angel_m doesn't seem to see the issues on 2017.x either.

43. p_hergott

p_hergott

I havent seen these issues either. Only one ive seen lately, is changing weapons while moving while being shot, sometimes causes the hands to aim upwards with no weapon, but when u change weapons again, it goes back to normal

44. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

fix patch 1.6.1 submitted to store.
    If your weapon goes upside down its problem or character rig and we made a fix for that too in 1.6. I have a tutorial on how to do that will publish soon. (duplicate weapon and setup in character inventory as a left-hand weapon, check swap weapon)
    Holster bug fix submitted to the store.
    Never heard of the scroll bug thanks for telling me. will investigate.
    Sorry about bugs. 2 of those already fixed I hope you can live a couple days till we find and fix the last one for you.

Btw thanks for 1 star review

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    angel_m likes this.
  45. angel_m

angel_m

I don't understand how nobody else found those bugs. I'm with 1.5 version yet (waiting for 2017.x.x version) but I thought most users were with 1.6...

46. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Submitted to the store 2017.4 support

angel_m likes this.
  47. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Fantastic thank you very much!

48. p_hergott

p_hergott

If I was going to send a message to increase bullets for a gun. the Script Gun contains the inventory. Anyone help with what message I would send? increase BulletInventory by X amount? (P.S. I suck at coding, but I am stumbling my way through)

49. umair21

umair21

It's still saying 1.6 on asset store.
    And another question, did you add that checkbox for sniper scope?

50. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello
    tested custom action in 1.6 it works play animation but after my character can't move or do anything (same in 1.5 works )
    il have this error in console in 1.6 :
    SendMessage custom has no receiver!
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    CoverShooter.ThirdPersonInput:UpdateCustomActions() (at Assets/ThirdPersonCoverShooter/Scripts/Controllers/ThirdPersonInput.cs:181)
    CoverShooter.ThirdPersonInput:Update() (at Assets/ThirdPersonCoverShooter/Scripts/Controllers/ThirdPersonInput.cs:160)
    'Cowboy' AnimationEvent 'OnStartMeleeScan' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?
    'Cowboy' AnimationEvent 'OnEndMeleeScan' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?
    'Cowboy' AnimationEvent 'OnEndMelee' has no receiver! Are you missing a component?

thanks
    any news about horse animset pro integration ??
    thanks