Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Will the new update 1.6 be compatible with Unity 2018.3.0b1 Beta?
    I really hope so, since the official 2018.2 release has so many bugs compared to the latest Beta.

Thanks for offering us early access to the new update, I will search my PC for my invoice number right away!

2. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I don't test in betas.

uni7y likes this.
  3. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Ok, thanks. So the official release of Unity 2018.2 will be fine then, right?

4. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes its good. Btw Unity approved asset got email from them. But now There is no way to find asset in the store :( they deleted it somehow....)

5. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. rrabassa

rrabassa

Great Asset!!

Is there a Discord Channel?

-rich

7. rrabassa

rrabassa

I have the same issue. What's the fix?
    Thanks,
    -rich

8. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

The new update 1.6 is now online on the Unity Asset Store!
    Thanks a lot for all the wonderful new options!

9. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Finally!!! I hope you will like it

Jerome_V and redoxoder like this.
  10. redoxoder

redoxoder

thanks
    in download... slow ... :D
    is it possible to add custom action ? like press a key and add animation to open door etc ....

Paul-Swanson likes this.
  11. westryder907

westryder907

Hey there,

I'm on Unity 2017.4.8f1 on a fresh project with TPCS 1.6 imported and I load up any of the scenes included and there seems to be missing prefabs everywhere.

The prototype scene WILL play but there's nothing there, any ideas?
    I've included a screenshot to help you understand:

12. imump

imump

Had it in my cart last night, looking to purchase today and then it increased in price $25?...I have no qualms you increasing the price, looks like a solid asset, however it would have been good to get a heads up on price increase.

13. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

I had the same problem when importing into 2017 also. But not sure if it was the file that was sent from Ed or not?
    I did upgrade to 2018 and download again from the asset store and every thing worked on my end.
    Also $15.00 increase for me some people had to Payless some more. But well worth the price especially since the upgrade.

Little glitch with arms staying up every once in awhile.
    Sheild when pushing crouch will give a fun float glide effect and shield to the gut animation. All in all sold upgrade

Love the new update !!! (Shotguns nasty!!!)

14. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Can you please upload this to the store with a lower Unity version like: Unity 2017.3.1f1 (64-bit). With the way they re did the manifest file its no longer just copy from 1 project to a lower version anymore. I don't mind emailing you asking for a package but I imagine that will get old for you after 2 or 3 times. However if this is how you would like to manage that that's fine with me. But I simply cannot update my project to 2018+ It'll just break things for me. Which puts puts me at an impasse because I do need the updates you're providing.

AnthonyMyers likes this.
  15. westryder907

westryder907

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I refused to upgrade to Unity 2017 when some of my project assets went 2017 only for updates so I rebuilt my project, now it's happening again with this asset, luckily I have extensive backups of my current project and can hop back to whatever at any point, it just sucks that the updates provided are restricted to a version of Unity that forces you to upgrade.

Using Unity 2018.2.8 works fine and fixed my problem but like I said I was reluctant to upgrade to Unity 2017 and the reason being I had to spend months rebuilding things in my Unity 5.x project, in the long run my game is that much better but I gotta stop working on learning new ways to get around incompatibilities and launch my game! lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Rahd likes this.
  16. umair21

umair21

That's the same problem I am getting. No success so far. Followed everything told my the admin but nothing happened, same missing prefabs issue.

17. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Unity did something to prefabs you no longer can downgrade. Will try to break those prefabs and downgrade to 2017

18. umair21

umair21

Okay but can we fix it by importing into new version of unity?

19. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Works fine with 2018.2

20. umair21

umair21

I am using Unity 2018.1.0f2.

21. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Sometimes unity makes decisions that prefabs no longer downgrading from new versions to older ones... maybe they want to push people to use the latest version. Or its work in progress before 2018.3 new prefabs.... I will downgrade manually next week and share with the community.

22. redoxoder

redoxoder

hi
    in demo scene "night scene" (v1.6)
    in third person input script there is a custom action option
    press x , and play hit animation
    but doesn't works
    when i test it nothing append and after the character can't move or do anthing .
    any idea ??
    thanks

23. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

I believe we removed animation from animator. I think I made tutorial on how to make custom animation will search for it... If i can't find it will make new one ;)

24. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

I got the new update 1.6 running in the latest Unity Beta 2018.3.0b1, but it required quite a few adjustments.

I had to manually fix the normals of all the animated models, weapons, etcetera that gave an error due to the use of Blend Shapes (there are a few hundreds of them!), then I had to select "root motion" on all humanoids in the asset to get it working. Apart from this, I had to auto fix the lighting settings of the demo scenes, and tweek the colors of the particles (especially the sand/dust, which looks too dark and shows too much red/yellow in the 2018.3.0b1 Beta), shadows, etc. I may try to (re-)bake the lighting of the demo's using the mixed static/realtime lighting settings of the 2018.3 Beta, but the demo's already look quite good without further adjustments.

Now that I have the asset running in the latest Beta, I could not be more happy. What an amazing asset this has become! I would be happy to pay over $100 for this if I had to decide today; it's that good! The way the melee/fist fight works is very impressive and already almost flawless! I really love the AI. This is a major time-saver in any project.

Just a couple of issues remain, which may be due to my use of the new Unity Beta, such as the very slow rate of falling. I haven't adjusted the rate just yet, but the scripts in this asset are so clean, well organised, and detailed, that I'm sure this can be fixed quickly.

Over the past years I have purchased hundreds of excellent (and expensive) Unity assets, but this is definitely my favorite asset at the moment. I'm really happy with this update! Thank you so much for your hard work! I also want to thank you for your active involvement in keeping this forum alive as a great resource of knowledge and news.

For early access to your updates, please consider adding an alternative to Patreon like PayPal (takes only 5% from your donations, instead of 12%). I wouldn't mind donating for early access to updates once in a while, but for daily news and exchange of tips, tricks, and ideas/suggestions, I prefer this open forum, since it seems to be much more active than most forums of competitors and I would hate to see it disintegrate.

Big thumbs up for your excellent update!

EduardasFunka likes this.
  25. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Thanks for the update on 2018.3 will look into it next week. And thanks for nice words! you can copy paste to our asset review :D
    About donating for access to GitHub via PayPal its going to be hard for me to track who made a donation. but if you insist message me :)

26. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Sure, I will do that within the next 24 hours.

As for donations, I would prefer making a donation once in a while for early access to updates in their last stage of development. I can't afford to spend time and energy on testing Alpha versions, since I'm already using the latest Unity Beta. I will consider Patreon as soon as 1.7 starts to take shape. :)

27. angel_m

angel_m

@EduardasFunka: Please, upload a version compatible with Unity 2017.3.x

28. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Will do with latest 2017.xxx I am sure you can downgrade from that

angel_m and Paul-Swanson like this.
  29. Rahd

Rahd

so far no bugs !
    i like this update is all what i need .
    still causing a problem with 2017xxx
    Edit : stamina on Strategy scene PC (beta) is not going down when used on AI

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    EduardasFunka likes this.
  30. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

we had you in mind when we decided to push melee faster. :) Thanks for your support in this forum

Rahd likes this.
  31. Camelot63RU

Camelot63RU

Still not fixed

1. if i run across cover and spam space character freezes in the air
    2. spam double click movement button on high ground and character can fly
    its old video, but 1.6 works also

32. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Thanks will fix those.

Camelot63RU likes this.
  33. Rahd

Rahd

change the gravity value on the player motor script , or add mass to the player's rigid body and activate gravity
    hope this helps :

thank you , i won't ask for more :p .

Camelot63RU likes this.
  34. angel_m

angel_m

@EduardasFunka: Is the max slope fix included in 1.6?
    (I'm waiting for the 2017.x.x version :))

35. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes

angel_m likes this.
  36. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Little teaser
    upload_2018-9-21_15-24-50.png

redoxoder and Camelot63RU like this.
  37. Dawar

Dawar

@EduardasFunka yesterday I purchased this great kit.
    how I will add punches with kick I mean combo more then two Animation
    E.g punch-->punch-->Kick

38. redoxoder

redoxoder

39. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Rahd that wont fix it, Mines setup properly and it still does that too. There's an actual issue there. I was meaning to post that myself.
    Thx for asking it Camelot63RU its more than just you too. I also have to dodge roll out of it for gravity to work again. I tried playing with the offsets and things as well to fix it, but that would mess everythign else up instead.

40. Rahd

Rahd

Edit Fixed
    so when you jump on cover object the isclimbing bool on the animator will be true too
    making the player stuck in both states jump and climp ...
    so to fix it ,back up first
    change those lines in the character motor
    if (climb != CoverClimb.No)
    {
    startClimb(_wantsToClimbCover, climb == CoverClimb.Vault);
    _wantsToClimbCover = null;
    }

to
    if (climb != CoverClimb.No && _isGrounded)
    {
    startClimb(_wantsToClimbCover, climb == CoverClimb.Vault);
    _wantsToClimbCover = null;
    }
    now startClimb wont set the value until he is done with jumping

edit change this too :

public void InputClimbStart()
    {

_isClimbing = true;
    }
    TOO

{

if(_isGrounded) {
    _isClimbing = true;}
    }

i tested this like for 20 mins the bug is gone
    test it please
    Edit changed to if(_isGrounded)
    this way is falling wont cause the bug

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Camelot63RU likes this.
  41. Rahd

Rahd

ok final code should fix this for ever

{

if(_isGrounded) { _isClimbing = true;}
    else { _isFalling= true;
    _isGrounded = true;}

}

if (_wantsToClimbCover != null)
    {
    var climb = getClimb(_wantsToClimbCover);
    if (climb != CoverClimb.No )
    { if ( _isGrounded){ startClimb(_wantsToClimbCover, climb == CoverClimb.Vault);
    _wantsToClimbCover = null;}
    else { _isFalling= true;}

_isGrounded = true;
    }
    }

Results :

EduardasFunka and Camelot63RU like this.
  42. SarhanSoft

SarhanSoft

Hi man, i download new version, I need you test it on new project with 3D extra template. or other templates also
    I face some problems with these template, maybe from setting files!
    anyway it not problem for me because i use normal 3D. so just see what happend maybe other people face same problems (bugs)!

My main comment Some suggestions, if there exist already, so tell me how can do it, if not exist, I hope you can add it in next time:

1- Inventory bullet not view in UI it should be like this (10/90) that 10 is current bullets in magazine size, and second should be bullet count in inventory.

2- Pick up for (heal items + bullet + new weapons) + maximum of weapons that can player take it in his inventory, anymore pickup will replace with current weapon.
    2.1 tooltip for pickup item. with it bullet inventory inside.
    2.2 pickup drop from enemies.

3- auto move to next cover like (The division) with UI's for button should click (the button on the new cover) + line for path where player move on it.

4- defualt corsshaire that only (waite point with small shadow) in the middle of screen, that help player to focuse on the middle of the screen

it hard i know (specily number 3) take your time and good luck

Rahd and Camelot63RU like this.
  43. Anhella

Anhella

good day

thank for the update. iam using unity 2018.2.8 f1only one thing the character is freezing and going into the floor. how to fix?
    thanks in advance

44. Jerome_V

Jerome_V

Maybe you could try to uncheck Gravity and Root Motion on the character controller and see what it does?

45. redoxoder

redoxoder

and this project is for when ?? is it in tpcs asset or a new asset ?

46. redoxoder

redoxoder

47. Paul-Swanson

Paul-Swanson

Is InputClimbStart() a new addition to the most recent version? I don't have that in Character Motor, I'm still on 1.5, since i cant update my version quite yet...due to Unity's screwy Manifest issues.

48. Unplug

Unplug

Thanks buddy ! many helpful information and pointers. Stuff that I pointed out, like number 2, should be part of the asset already people shouldn't have to fix that themselves. The delay is not that easy because it depend on the player stance and transition. It's not just adding a fix time before the raycast. I did add a delay to temporarily fix it, but it's not a real fix.

thanks for 3, ill check it out.
    thanks a lot for 4, sometimes the most simple stuff doesn't come to your mind
    for the ragdoll yah you did, i wasn't able to diff and find it back, but now that someone have shared how, I guess Eduardas should include it. It's pretty cool. It should also be activated on explosion. Ragdoll, although leading to crazy physics, are always fun.

I would appreciate the Code again, ill look up for the mention asset too.

49. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

shot answer yes in tpcs.
    long answer :
    We making one stop solution. I believe many developers abandon the project once they encounter a serious problem. Using different assets to make a game could lead to those problems. When we started we decided we do not want to sell dreams. I bet many of you saw a nice asset demo got inspired but after some time quit that asset because you encountered a problem or challenge that was too big for you. And you have assets that do nothing just a reminder of a dream. We want to sell a product that could become a game even if it is just for your friends.

magique, redoxoder and Rahd like this.
  50. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We agreed to exchange vouchers but then nobody took initiative to actually generate and send a voucher code ;) I believe I had no vouchers at that time so it could me by bad. Will send him a voucher today.

redoxoder and Rahd like this.