Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We extended functionality. Now you can shoot holding weapon in left hand before only right hand.

2. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Now a bug is fixed will upload a new build to the store next week.

Rahd, redoxoder and IndieGeek like this.
  3. Rahd

Rahd

about to finish the AI for melee ,.

I have improved the Ragdoll performance, by removing bones and disabling them when no used .
    and reduced the physics cost to 0.1-2% at runtime
    i added force based on guns so a pistol will have little effect on the body after death , but a shot gun will push it back
    a grenade or rocket , will send it flying :D

Now it supports any kind of melee sword ,shield, double sword , 2 handed... claws , bites , punches , kicks , or whatever weird things monsters or animals have.
    as long as you have a triggered collider on it and a Claw Tag it will do damage when it collides with the player.

i do urge you to contact https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/ai/milkid-animal-agent-ai-behavior-86359
    to see if i can share this with you guys .
    used that asset to build on , it has no animators or scripts that work with cover shooter , all what it does is pooling and moving boxes around , and it does it very well !! so i recommend it
    it really served me well

the moon walking is an issues , and animation exit time , , i will have to go thru all of this and fix it one by one .

angel_m, Neviah and redoxoder like this.
  4. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello sir. Any suggestion for this situation? I mean the new camera controller called "ThirdPersonCamera" seem to block every camera move from other scripts.

Many camera effects do not work at all (Camera Shaking for example) or camera events like zoom into enemy boos, etc.

- Your asset was great but any good advice to deal with this problem will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    blackbird likes this.
  5. Rahd

Rahd

the new update will have a shake option when shooting ,
    if you want to add other camera transform based effect , you need to copy the script in camera shake and merge the update to the third person camera script

6. Pollawat

Pollawat

Yeah, thank you sir. Can I ask more, where can I read incoming update information sir, perhaps I need to know what I have to create my own and what I should wait for update.

7. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

we reworked recoil system with cam shake, shotgun weapon, new crosshair system and bug fixes. pushing at the end of the day to the store.

Pollawat and redoxoder like this.
  8. f1chris

f1chris

I’m having issues with with the newly released 2018.2

I tried to load a fresh demo v1.51 into 2018.2 and same issue with main camera and Character Motor disabling at runtime.

EDIT:

CharacterMotor script is disabled at runtime. Then is fails with an exception in the Awake function :

foreach (HumanBodyBones bone in Enum.GetValues(typeof(HumanBodyBones)))
    _bones[(int)bone] = _animator.GetBoneTransform(bone);

IndexOutOfRangeException: humanBoneId must be between 0 and LastBone
    UnityEngine.Animator.GetBoneTransform (HumanBodyBones humanBoneId) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Animation/ScriptBindings/Animator.bindings.cs:986)
    CoverShooter.CharacterMotor.Awake () (at Assets/ThirdPersonCoverShooter/Scripts/Character/CharacterMotor.cs:2128)

This is happening with a clean demo of v1.51

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  9. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello sir, there are any ways to auto-crouch when entering the bush?

10. dnaster

dnaster

i just update to 1.5.1 and its not work properly. the character dance around like its cripple and then get stuck when shooting gun. how to fix? my whole project is ruin because of the update please fix. also Character Motor script is disabled at runtime.
    thank in advance

11. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Send us errors you get and unity version so we can reproduce (email)

12. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

there is no such functionality at the moment can you write code?

13. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Question to all of TPCS users
    Do you update the new unity version often or you stick with the one you started a project?
    What unity version you use now for TPCS?

Thanks

Rahd likes this.
  14. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

We fixed that bug for 2018 version. Its pushed to store.

redoxoder likes this.
  15. Pollawat

Pollawat

//----------------------------------------EDIT----------------------------------------//

I found it, it called "_wantsToCrouch = true;" right?

//----------------------------------------EDIT----------------------------------------//

Done !!! Thank you for your advice. For update reasons, so I try not to touch directly to your code but this time is an exception.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  16. f1chris

f1chris

I’m using Pro subscription so I’m following Unity’s releases plus Betas also. For my game dev I’m following official releases (like this new 2018.2). Not expecting assets to work on Beta releases but I like to take a copy of my project ( even if it’s a 24gigs monster) and give it a try once in a while when new features I need are available.

17. natepacyga

natepacyga

In my opinion and what I have found in the industry, it's generally not a good idea to change Unity versions mid-project. Find a version of Unity that works with everything you're doing and stick with it unless you absolutely have to change versions. I am currently on: 2017.4.5 and plan on sticking with it through this project where I am using TPCS.

18. blackbird

blackbird

i m sticking with unity 2017.1.3 , i hate updates it's break the code by 90% of the time kept it please low so you have wide ranger of buyers

19. redoxoder

redoxoder

hello
    push to the store ... :D:D:D
    today no update on the store ...pffff :(:(:(

20. f1chris

f1chris

Good news. Can you tell us what was causing the problem !?

21. Rahd

Rahd

yeah it's been a hell on earth , i tried to switch to lightweight render pipeline , lose 90% of the shaders :(

not much , only to fix bugs like trail render or mobile terrain crash bug.
    so far 2017.3-2017.4 are the most stable even 2017.2.
    you should make a poll

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  22. redoxoder

redoxoder

use 2018.2

23. Unplug

Unplug

hey guys i need help with clothing

I’m trying to add armor piece and cloth to the avatar (different game object than the avatar that need to follow character animation. They can't be just attach to a bone). I export every object using the same bone structure and setup so that I can assign the same animator controller to all of them. Once the character spawn there are multiple problem

1- The animation start on each part which is ok but they are slightly out of sync; i have tried to reset the idle animation without success.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.                 GlobalVar.Zoile.gameObject.transform.GetChild(7).GetComponent<Animator>().Play("Stand Unarmed", -1, 0f); //hide ArmorShirt
    2.                 GlobalVar.Zoile.gameObject.transform.GetChild(8).GetComponent<Animator>().Play("Stand Unarmed", -1, 0f); //hide ArmorChest
    3.                 GlobalVar.Zoile.gameObject.transform.GetChild(9).GetComponent<Animator>().Play("Stand Unarmed", -1, 0f); //hide Neckless
    4.                 GlobalVar.Zoile.gameObject.transform.GetChild(10).GetComponent<Animator>().Play("Stand Unarmed", -1, 0f); //hide Belt
    What work is unchecking and rechecking object all at once in unity editor in play mode.

2- When the caracther move, all the parts stay in idle state and doesn’t follow arm/leg movement

what's the best way to correct the situation ?à

EDIT: solution/workaround... I have duplicated the gameobject containing the mesh (skinned mesh renderer) of the avatar multiple time and replace the mesh selection with my armor piece instead of manually trying to add item and animator. Result is perfect now

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  24. Unplug

Unplug

I would like to upgrade to 2018 but didn't test my game and code if it translate well. I would prefer to update my project along unity update, but i'm always scared stuff will break especially between two major update such at going from 2017 to 2018

25. Unplug

Unplug

I have a problem with gun positionning when it is holsted. If you crouch, the animation make the gun kinda rotate to the back along the spine axis while the holster follow a different path. Is there a way to define gun position target for crouch position ?

26. redoxoder

redoxoder

not in a hurry at unity store for update...:(

27. f1chris

f1chris

Assuming it was posted last thursday, it takes usually 2-5 days for updates.

But i find more and more difficult to get some support from the asset dev these days.

Rahd, redoxoder and angel_m like this.
  28. redoxoder

redoxoder

Ohter big asset updated in two days this week....pfff

29. uni7y

uni7y

maybe he is on vacation?

30. Rahd

Rahd

if you need a fresh update every 15 hours or less , join his patreon .

31. f1chris

f1chris

Do you have his patreon’s URL ..?

32. uni7y

uni7y

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Rahd likes this.
  33. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hi guys unity refused update. Will resubmit Monday. If you want a build send me an email sorry about that. And yes if you want daily bug fixes and work in progress join patreon. It would benefit us alot as asset store during summer not making money. We will go on holiday once I resubmit with correct documentation. I will help you with support q during holidays.
    Also if you tag me I will get email from unity forum.

uni7y likes this.
  34. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Send me an email with invoice number and I will send you version that works with 2018.2. Or join patreon and u will get updates every day

35. f1chris

f1chris

Already asked you by private conversation here last Saturday. No response.

I found your email on your website. ( eduardas@redbee.lt ). Is it the preferred communication channel ?

36. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

ok, there must be something im missing im getting this error:
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[CoverShooter.SearchBlock].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:170)
    CoverShooter.AISearch.Update () (at Assets/ThirdPersonCoverShooter/Scripts/AI/Controllers/AISearch.cs:280)

I have placed multiple search blocks down and have tried using one and i am still getting this message :/. Is there something i'm not doing properly?

Edit: Even on the scenes with the package, if i set any of the AI to Search Around it still gives me that message... I'm unsure why this is, I even created a new project and tried it. Still same problem.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  37. Rahd

Rahd

index has a value greater then the list items
    so when get_Item is called it's asking for an item that does not exist .
    please share more info to debug this
    did you update recently ? what version ?

38. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

i am using 1.5.1 for Third Person Cover Shooter and i am using Unity 2017.4.3
    For the item i am not sure I tested search around on all AI in the third person cover scene even in an empty scene and it pops up with that error. I'm not sure why, i know it's to do with search blocks but not sure why it is coming up with this error :/.

39. Rahd

Rahd

try baking the navmesh again ? , it could be that ... not sure

40. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Tried that, didn't work.Is there anything that needs to be in the scenes to get search around working? Like isn't that to do with the search zones?

41. Unplug

Unplug

Hello everyone, how can I had some check up in the raycast from the gun to check that the gun is actually pointing before firing. Right now, if you have your gun out (version 1.4) and you click you mouse, the raycast is actually hapenning right away and then the animation of the gun being pulled up and pointed at the target is trigger. This cause unrealistic result and word behavior when you have bullet trail since the bull is also trigger right away and start from the gun pointing down. Was that fixed in 1.5 ? Is there a way to enhance that ?

42. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Sorry its not working for you. It worked for everyone else maybe send me an email and we will figure it out. I do not give support here in a forum.

43. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Is it to try and work on the multiplayer stuff? Because, i think it would be better to have a login system as most people are looking for this but, I only have experience with the gameplay in multiplayer xD. I think there is playfab and other API's that help this but i'm not sure.

44. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Some update on how we setup weapons in 1.5.2

45. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Shotgun in 1.5.2

Rahd likes this.
  46. Dawar

Dawar

my enemy goes inside to my player . i want enemy shoot player from some distance. but its come very near.
    how to fix this please guide me

47. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

how did you guys setup your scenes? I have some blocks missing scripts?

Dawar likes this.
  48. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Check AI Sight for the distance. Also check Fighter Brain

Dawar likes this.
  49. Dawar

Dawar

I am using Ai Controller not fighter Brain

50. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

follow the tutorial for AI and then it may work.