Search Unity

Third person cover controller

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EduardasFunka, May 23, 2017.

1. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Update.
    OK finally cover bug fixed took us a lot longer then we planned. We do want to add additional IK management for the cover so gun does not go in to a mesh but goes around it.
    If you want to try new build as a game I updated demo on our website

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4o2l32nvi5xfyq/TPCS1.5.zip?dl=0

If you want to try out 1.5 send me an email with your invoice number. I already send to some of you who I can remember (forums names match email). If you did not get a download link please send me an email.

If you need support from me please send me an email. eduardas.ninja@gmail.com

Goodluck guys with your games!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. jnbbender

jnbbender

I've been looking around at many 3rd person shooters. I have used Invector for a while but would like to try something else. The AI in this asset is what really interests me, so 2 questions, how easy is the ai to customize? Can I use the A* Asset. And is there a way to keep the character from automatically crouching, ducking, leaning, etc. without user input?

Thanks. P.S. love the playable game on your site. Big seller, every asset maker should do it.

3. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

I would like the new 1.5 build also. I'm eager to try it
    I have sent 2 emails with my purchases info on it. One 5 days ago and one just now. and I have had no answers as of yet?

4. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Thank you so much! This version feels so much more refined. I'm glad you took the feedback and improved so much!

5. Pollawat

Pollawat

"Sight" problem please help.

I'm following the tutorial time and time again but the result is not the same after spending more time to prove. I got something called "Sight" that we need to sign to make a character head follow the camera but in the demoscene "cowboy" and some character work very well, this "sight" only change their head rotation but in some character like in the video it also affected to the aim point.

As you can see when I sign this component the accuracy is not good at all but when I sign it to "none" the head will not follow obviously but the aiming point is very precise (As it should be).

How can I fix that thing? I mean make it not effect to the aiming point but still move a character head?

6. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

@MastermindInteractive thanks for a nice review in the asset store.
    @jnbbender you can set that player needs to press button to enter cover will add functionality soon that it will also do not react to cover at all if you do not press a button. (forgot that)
    @Pollawat send me an email with a link to your project pls. btw we changed lots of stuff in 1.5 not sure if you want to migrate your project.?
    @AnthonyMyers sorry beta was not ready 5 days ago I think I did send an beta couple mins ago.

Goodluck guys I am back to work.!

7. Pollawat

Pollawat

@EduardasFunka Thank you for your concern, My problem fixed with my own code already. I try not to touch your code because of update reasons, but deep down I know that someday I need to get into it. Everything worked just fine now.

Anyways if 1.5 cause me a trouble I will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    EduardasFunka likes this.
  8. f1chris

f1chris

Someone implemented mobile controls for the 3rd person view ?

IndieGeek likes this.
  9. jnbbender

jnbbender

I just purchased this asset not long ago. Seeing all this discussion about the 1.5 release, I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm wondering if I should start my new project with 1.4 or if your close to a release on 1.5?

10. jnbbender

jnbbender

Is there a set of instructions for 1.4? I have tried a number of times to get multiple assets up and running as a "cowboy" replacement with no success. I had figured it should be pretty straightforward. I get all kinds of NULL pointer exceptions.

11. Prefab

Prefab

I’ve been testing this demo quite a bit and love the variety of enemy types, well done on this. I was trying to test out the new forget feature but I’m not sure if any of the enemies are using it. For example I was able to get Jack’s gang to chase me but after I hide from them they stay standing in the one spot, I would expect them to go back to their hq? But maybe I just didn’t wait long enough.

Edit.

Nevermind found it :D

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  12. redoxoder

redoxoder

No news..??

13. josequintero2015

josequintero2015

good afternoon. Best regards, my name is jose quintero. and I'm assistant to Manuel Alberto de Malbers Animations. creator of Horse Animset Pro .. a perfect asset for horse riding and much more. for the creation of any type of video game that contains the same .. Manuel would like to contact you directly to see if they would like to collaborate in the integration of both assets. to realize a complete system that greatly diminished the development of projects for game developers .. It should be noted that Horse Animset pro. He has worked with Invector, opsive. etc. integrations have been very successful and very well accepted by the developers .. who have already spoken and are very much looking forward to these 2 assets are integrated .. please wait for your prompt response .. if it is not too much trouble could write to us malbers.shark87@gmail.com also the facebook https://www.facebook.com/MalberSAnimations/ thank you very much for your attention.

14. Rahd

Rahd

ok here is my final thought for this asset , please let me know if you share the same thought .
    !!MELEE !!
    that's it , i managed to do the melee for the player even for the Ai , yet still running into the AI swinging the Weapon in the air or just getting close to the player and do nothing .i can't figure it out .
    The game i'm making is about 90 % done , still just some Bugs with the server side.
    I'm not saying the dev is doing a bad job , But priorities Man .
    We all Called for melee A long time ago , i'm not that good , The dev is and we have to all admit that .
    The beta For 1.5 has alot of good stuff But stuff that i dont need :( and maybe some of you dont too , i'm not making a Moba or a strategy Game , I don't need Allies and heroes. I love the Fixes and the faster AI.
    I just need melee , If possible please EduardasFunka Setup a patreon , i will be the first to donate whatever i can .
    I really need melee badly :( , and feel like i'm gonna have to give up soon Due to Dead line. Please help .

AnthonyMyers likes this.
  15. redoxoder

redoxoder

1.5 when ??:(:(

16. Prefab

Prefab

While melee is an important feature for me as well, I would rather it be done well as oppose to quickly added in. When I think of melee I don't think of FPS style melee i.e hitting with the butt of a rifle while running around. Looking at assets such as the Combat Framework or Invector's melee where melee is done well, the movement is very different to a shooter, it is much more circular. So the question that I would ask would be would there be two types of movement needed, a shooter style movement (that is already existing) and a melee style movement? If so what if an enemy had both a melee weapon and a gun, would they switch between movement styles when switching weapons? How would cover than play a factor into this? Eg. consider how a melee game like Dark Souls would play with cover added in.

These are some pretty tough things to solve and I would prefer the developer takes time to solve these well, in a polished way. Those are my thoughts.

17. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hey,
    mele will come in 3 stages
    1 Rifle mele, pistol mele, pistol and shield mele, that's easy will try to find time in 1.5.1
    2 Baseball bat (fortnight style) once you get hit with a baseball bat you will drop to the ground 1.6
    3 Proper mele with sward shield and boxing + knife takedowns for stealth gameplay. For this one, we need additional funding or very good sales to get animations recorded. Last month was good let's hope it keeps this way :).

If you an animator or have a good motion capture solutions please contact us.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    uberwiggett, Rahd and Prefab like this.
  18. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Hey,
    we added IK on hands so you will never get into a situation where your rifle inside a mesh (now usually in tall cover). but it was not nice so we made character step from the wall with root motion and there we made lots of new bugs because of root motion acts unpredictably so had to delete 3-4 days of work and start again. Now we moving a character with a script and trying to add animations on top to match. Looks promising so far.

redoxoder and Rahd like this.
  19. redoxoder

redoxoder

thanks for informations . ;D

20. Pollawat

Pollawat

Hello, I got a question about will 1.5 version fully support unity 2018? and will it release in this two month after this?

21. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

1.5 works now on 2018.1 and 2018.2 beta. A plan is to submit 1.5 in one week.

Prefab likes this.
  22. Prefab

Prefab

You probably already know this but Mixamo does have quite a few animations that would be useful for this. To use them with this asset you would have to have them as a separate downloadable package somewhere else, but it would help speed up development.

23. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Problem with that that you need to edit animations and then you cant share it.

24. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes

25. angel_m

angel_m

Eduardas, I sent you an email with my invoice. I would like to have also the new 1.5 update, please.

redoxoder likes this.
  26. redoxoder

redoxoder

like angel_m , send my email with invoice , will be nice to have the new version 1.5 updated .
    thanks

27. angel_m

angel_m

redoxoder likes this.
  28. redoxoder

redoxoder

29. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

HI sorry was alway for a couple days. Will send you today final version. (without documentation) the same version goes to asset store (but with pdf documentation we working on).
    If you want an update of 1.5 drop me an email.

uberwiggett and redoxoder like this.
  30. angel_m

angel_m

Another email sent.

redoxoder likes this.
  31. redoxoder

redoxoder

send new email too

Edit:
    Thanks for the link

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    angel_m likes this.
  32. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

hello, I want that update too :(

33. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

Hi, i bought this today. Everything is fine until I try to build my project for windows. I get the below:

upload_2018-6-3_19-38-1.png

34. grimcat

grimcat

Not sure if it's been fixed in 1.5, but I moved all the raycast calls outside of for loops for a performance gain.

Code (CSharp):
    2. var hitCount = Physics.RaycastNonAlloc(. . . );
    4. for (int i = 0; i < hitCount; i++)
    5. {
    6.     . . .
    7. }

35. Rahd

Rahd

please do look into the previous pages , i have answered this about 4-6 times

36. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

Couldn't agree more! This was posted on the first forum post asking for melee and multiple time since.

Rahd likes this.
  37. pudd1nG

pudd1nG

For an asset at this price point I'd expect to not have to scroll through pages of comments to be told to comment out parts of the asset to get it to compile.

I understand your furstration at explaining the same thing over and over to people but this AI class could be wrapped in an IF EDITOR comment, which would solve this problem.

Thanks all the same.

38. f1chris

f1chris

@EduardasFunka Can't figure how your new laser pointer's working !!

Any instructions ?

39. Rahd

Rahd

even if you do that , the game won't build on android or ios you just have to delete it , the purpose of the script is to debug the Sight of the AI . it seems like a unity problem , since the compiler will ignore IF EDITOR comment :(

pudd1nG likes this.
  40. angel_m

angel_m

For my game, I need the AI bot (enemy character) to stop attacking (or any other state) and move (preferably running) towards an specified transform position. It would be as giving the order "Go to this point" on runtime.
    I 'm trying to figure how can I make this, but I'm afraid I'm not a good C# programmer. :(

I think a generic behaviour like this would be very useful for scripted AI actions.

Rahd likes this.
  41. redoxoder

redoxoder

42. nikitinminsk

nikitinminsk

Hi, guys! Who knows when will be available version 1.5? What is new features coming? Can't wait this!!!!!! I want to buy it cool stuff! :cool::cool::cool:

43. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

have sent off an email. Can't wait to give the new version a go, pretty impressed with the improvements in the demo.

44. jnbbender

jnbbender

Has anyone tried to remove the need for the Effect script, et. al. changes? Did not realize there was such a massive amount of "SendMessage" calls. Do that for every shot on an automatic weapon in a heavy scene and performance is REALLY getting hit.

Rahd likes this.
  45. SpacemanSam13

SpacemanSam13

Any update on when we should be seeing 1.5? I absolutely love this asset and was working on a game with it but stopped development when i saw all the great updates you were pushing out with 1.5. Also want to say thanks for all the updates and support you've given so far, Its always great to see a developer continue to support their asset with cool new updates.

46. Rahd

Rahd

you can move the script under Gun.cs under fire() and do the same for sound .

angel_m likes this.
  47. jnbbender

jnbbender

Yeah, decent idea, that would definitely minimize the most extensive use. Search through the project though and it pretty much hammers anything that has an effect - player hits, etc.

48. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

Hey, noticed that 1.5 is now in the asset store but the documentation link doesn't work. It asks me to log in using Github and once I login, the login screen just stays there. Anyone else have success with this?

49. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

1.5 is life

Prefab likes this.
  50. EduardasFunka

EduardasFunka

Yes my bad it works for me only... will replace resubmit
    link is here
    http://tpsc-doc.bitballoon.com/

Camelot63RU likes this.