Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Third party scripts are not displayed.

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by dayzex0, Oct 14, 2022.

1. dayzex0

dayzex0

Hi, I used Bolt in Unity 2020, but I'm tired of these convulsions (interface) that Bolt comes with.

So I tried to use Visual Scripting in Unity 2021. I ran into a problem that I can't properly install the A* pathfinding Project Asset. When I try to find the scripts, they just don't exist. I'll show it in a screenshot.
    Will it be fixed? What can I do now? I don't use Unity 2021 because I'm afraid of some bugs in the future, like this one.

And I have a question based on the problem. Is it OK to add scripts to Visual Programming if there are hundreds of them? A* and Live2D have a lot of scripts, unfortunately I can't click on the button and select ALL the scripts from the section, like an idiot I have to add scripts one by one. I mean, at least purely programmatically, it's OK that the menu (Edit > Project Settings > Visual Scripting > Type Option) will be expanded by hundreds of scripts?

p.s.I also want to use Live2D, but again I'm afraid of errors, does anyone know if this will work with Visual Scripting?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  2. REDACT3D_

REDACT3D_

you can't add nodes for A* pathfinding and Live 2D?

never used A* pathfinding or Live2D so couldn't say
    Although I recall seeing a post somewhere on here talkin' about how A* "sucks" and is no longer updated? Not sure if that is true or even relevant in this case. But you're talking about being afraid of errors.

never be afraid.

OIP.jpg

dayzex0 likes this.
  3. dayzex0

dayzex0

1. Is it ok to add hundreds of scripts or will it cause problems?
    2. Can I add an entire library instead of adding scripts one per section?