Search Unity

ThinkingParticles for Unity announced

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cram, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cram

cram

thinkingParticles GE is a highly optimized version of thinkingParticles 6, aimed at producing realtime particle effects within various Game engines available on the market.
    The first game engine supported by thinkingParticles GE will be Unity!

cebas’ all new approach to creating visual effects in games will replace the typical workflow of them being pre-developed and heavily dependent on game engine programmers. Instead, special effects in games will be created and modified by artists and non programmers instantly without having to go back and forth through expensive development pipelines.
    thinkingParticles GE offers a true disruptive technology approach to special effects in games!

http://www.cebas.com/index.php?pid=news_next&nid=496

sounds awesome! Let's see how much it will cost....

2. kalamona

kalamona

Great news indeed, I am interested in every particle/effect solution :p

3. ImogenPoot

ImogenPoot

Well, unless they somehow have a magic spell for Unity to get beyond its current limitations in terms of dynamic geometry (performance wise), then I couldn't imagine how they are possibly going to implement that. And we are not even talking about single-core PhysX integration, which is another incredible pain in the ass.

Besides that, this product sounds great. Unfortunately, I doubt Unity can leverage anything impressive of the original feature set... At least not without a huge dynamic geometry upgrade, which would be awesome, but has been mentioned nowhere so far.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Think that's kinda the point. You know, unity 4... volume particle effects, dx11 and all that?

5. Jingle-Fett

Jingle-Fett

All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOW!!! I've had my eye on Thinking Particles for quite some time and this is a huge deal...
    If they can pull it off, combined with DX 11, Unity 4 will be really strong in the graphics department :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

Any update?